ProconRulz - take admin action on triggers, e.g. weapon limit

ImportBot

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImportBot

Originally Posted by bambam*:

wait a month - BF3+Procon+ProconRulz is still an 'alpha' configuration. At the moment BF3 is ***NOT*** providing the weapons a player is spawning with so you have no chance with the rule above.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

ProconRulz BF3 update 11-11-11 (applies to ProconRulz version 33, not yet released)

* Procon+ProconRulz+BF3 seems fairly stable, i.e. there does not seem to be any significant issues.

* The ProconRulz rule processing is working the same for BF3 as it was for BFBC2, i.e.:

** TRIGGERS (On Spawn, On Kill, On Suicide, On Teamkill, On Say, On Round) are working.

** CONDITIONS (e.g. Weapon mrtr-5) are working, dependent upon BF3 providing the data

** ACTIONS (e.g. Kill) are working (except PlayerSay, which has no equivalent admin command yet in BF3)

* The major current constraints are:

** BF3 only provides the PLAYERNAME and TEAM in the On Spawn event, so you cannot trigger e.g. a kit or weapon check at spawn time (you would depend on the kill weapons only)

** There is no mapping data from weapon to kit or damage type. So "Kit X" or "Damage Y" conditions are not possible.

So currently (with my unreleased development version) you CAN have rules such as "On Kill;Weapon M15&AT&MINE;Say Mines not permitted;Kill" which would make tank mine kills suicidal, but you CANNOT kill a player simply for spawning with mines, or generically block categories of weapons such as On Kill;Damage ProjectileExplosive;Kill.

OK? This is just a heads-up, if it helps you be realistic about the rulz you might be considering with the current state of BF3. All the functionality of ProconRulz will likely be available, but you'll have a limited dataset to work with...

Bambam

*edit* this post editted to use the M15 AT MINE weapon as an example, instead of mortars, as per Phil's comment below...

Originally Posted by Phil_K*:

Hi.

I would take another weapon for your example and not the motar.

As far as i have scanned my kill logs and my alter-ego was killed by the BF3 portable motar itself, it does not appear in any kill message send from the server. This glorious kill was logged with weapon "Death"... pretty simple.. based on BF server R-8 it's the same with all vehicle mounted weapons or vehicle kills. Been killed by a T-90 and the only thing you find in the logs is "Death" as weapon. :sad:

Greets

Phil.

hehe yes I noticed that this evening... ProconRulz is doing its thing, but you have to pick the weapon key from the logs first before you can assume it's sensible to use in a rule, and my mortar example is invalid for BF3 R8.

Originally Posted by tarreltje*:

Good work so far bam bam. So far the only i need is a onspawn;tactical light;kill . If that is sort of working i would love to test it! But from what i have read from your post that is still not posible!

Keep up the good work

@tarreltje - sorry BF3 is NOT ready for your requirement. (a) there's no data in the OnSpawn event except player name and team and ( b ) tactical light is probably a 'specialization' (or 'accessory_') not a weapon and event the OnKill event only reports weapons.

So at the moment (with my unreleased dev version) you can check the WEAPON on a KILL, but that's all.

At the moment I'm making sure ProconRulz does everything IT should be doing when the spawn and kit/damage/specialization data arrives from BF3 (assuming it does)

Originally Posted by CraveMode*:

This is exactly what I am looking for on my server to block RPG/M320 on small maps, but I can't seem to get it to work.. It keeps saying " Bad Clause for Weapon... or Clause for Damage" I assume its because its looking for BC2? Anyway, I copied the weapon names from the Procon log some were mispelled, but i cant get this to work. Any help is appreciated!

PlayerFirst;On Kill;Weapon RPG-7&Anti&Tank&rocket-propelled&grenade&launcher;say RPG Not Permitted;Kill

PlayerFirst;On Kill;Weapon SMAW&Anti&Tank&Weapon;say RPG Not Permitted;Kill

PlayerFirst;On Kill;Weapon M320&Grenade&Luncher;say M320 Not Permitted;Kill

On Kill;Weapon RPG-7&Anti&Tank&rocket-propelled&grenade&launcher;say RPG Not Permitted;Kick

On Kill;Weapon SMAW&Anti&Tank&Weapon;say RPG Not Permitted;Kick

On Kill;Weapon M320&Grenade&Luncher;say M320 Not Permitted;Kick

2011-11-13: ProconRulz is not yet released for BF3

Nice try CraveMode at guessing what a BF3 rule would look like, and guessing BF3 weapon names, and you're guessing along the right lines, but you have no chance with ProconRulz v32 (which came out with support BFBC2). ProconRulz v32 depends on weapon keys in Procon, and the currently released Procon has no weapon keys for BF3 weapons, hence the 'bad weapon clause' errors in v32. v33 sidesteps this limitation.

Initial support will be provided in ProconRulz v33 which is not yet released, around the beginning of December.

In the meantime you could check for the actual keys necessary for the weapons you care about, by enabling event logging in the Procon console, check the Procon 'Tools'..'Options' setting for 'enable console logging', and step through the player.onKill events. You'll see in the current BF3 release (R8), lots of players are killed with weapon 'Death', i.e. BF3 isn't sending the proper weapon key for lots of weapons. But if your desired weapon has a key, you'll be able to use it in ProconRulz v33. Some keys are multi-word, and v33 requires you separate the words in the weapon key with '&', not a space, e.g. M15&AT&MINE. FYI you're using the language localized 'display name' for the weapon (from the event log_) rather than the actual key which is in the onKill events in the console log.

Bambam

Ohh I see, thanks alot! Your plugin is one of the most anticipated on my list :smile: Hope DICE will give you what you need!

Update: So I see in the player.onKill event in the console log, RPG-7 SMAW and M320 are those correct?

[15:00:19] player.onKill ****** ***** SMAW false

Since it isnt working, im assuming there is no key for it so I will wait for v33

correct CraveMode - weapon key is SMAW , display name is localized to your language, e.g. "SMAW Panzerabwehrwaffe". The current ProconRulz has 'error checking' to make sure any weapon key you give is also in a list provided by Procon, and currently the BF3 weapons ain't in there so you get a syntax error. When ProconRulz v33 ships, firstly any weapon key will be allowed (so if your rule never triggers because you put in garbage don't blame me) and probably also Procon will have been updated to have the full weapon list for BF3 anyway. If I hadn't put the error checking in there, v32 would be functional for the kill/weapon rulz now.

Originally Posted by Clay52*:

bambam, I'm relatively new here but if I'm to understand correctly much of your plugin isn't functional for BF3 until next month? I'd dearly love to have it boot for M320 spamming on my 24/7 Metro Conquest 64 map if possible, thank you for this awesome plugin, can only get better!

Even though bits of it kind-of work, existing v32 ProconRulz should be thought of as BFBC2-only.

ProconRulz v33 for BF3 will be released at the beginning of December, during which time there may have been an update for Procon and there may have been an update to BF3 (although I'm not relying on either). With what we CURRENTLY have (BF3 R8) I can confirm that most of the functionality of ProconRulz will be available with two significant limitations compared to BFBC2:

1) The BF3 rulz will be effective on a player KILL (i.e. you can kick a player for killing with a sniper rifle) but not on SPAWN (i.e. you cannot kick a player for spawning with a sniper rifle).

2) BF3 reports the weapon used (generally) if it's carried by a soldier (e.g. a pistol, sniper rifle, or RPG), but in the BF3 current R8 version pretty much any kill from any kind of vehicle is reported as a kill using a weapon called "Death". So it's not possible to have rules limiting the use of vehicles.

So BF3 R8 ProconRulz will support effective weapon limits such as sniper rifle, RPG's, and you can use similar rulz in reverse and have knife-only or sniper-only (e.g. you can make any kill NOT with a sniper rifle suicidal), but if you're used to ProconRulz/BFBC2 you have to be aware of the limitations above. Specifically for the M320, with a single rule you can make kills with that weapon suicidal on that particular map (the ideal would be to kill players SPAWNING with that weapon on that map, but BF3 doesn't support this in R8).

FWIW as much as I can test, limitations (1) and (2) will go away if/as soon as BF3 starts reporting the full set of data, i.e. the v33 ProconRulz plugin I ship at the beginning of December already has the code in it to handle the events and the weapons. But in the meantime my clan is already using the plugin usefully on our server (we make 3+ teamkills suicidal...).

In general you have to think carefully about rules you want (maybe limit M320 kills to 3, not zero) as arbitrary rules hit by unsuspecting players are understandably unpopular, and a 3-kill limit gives you a chance to warn on each kill before that...

Bambam

Originally Posted by Ike*:

I could live with a 3 kill rule for the M320 and the RPG but I need help writing it but the online FAQ link doesn't work or if someone could msg or email me I'd be grateful thanks.

We had to take the wiki it was hosted on offline due to a few factors.

We are looking into ways to support plugin devs at the moment, hopefully cleaner than the current free for all spam system in a single thread.

Originally Posted by Clay52*:

We had to take the wiki it was hosted on offline due to a few factors.

We are looking into ways to support plugin devs at the moment, hopefully cleaner than the current free for all spam system in a single thread.

roger that!

@smybbubbytbbbyb: rule not possibe with BF3 R8: a kill with the chopper missile is currently one of the many that BF3 reports as weapon "Death".

@Clay52: when you get the v33 plugin you'll see all the instructions on the Details tab, and that'll be the best time to ask for rule-writing help. Simply put it'll be something like "On Kill;Weapon M320;PlayerCount 3;Say %p% no more nade kills;Kill". But relax until you've seen the documentation.

*edit* for the BF3 R8 weapon list, I've put up a temporary version of the (unreleased) ProconRulz v33 plugin 'Details' here:

http://www.forsterlewis.com/proconrulz33a.html

For weapon-related rulz, if we're still on BF3 R8 when ProconRulz v33 is released, you will have to limit your rulz to the weapons listed, and use the kill-related triggers (i.e. not On Spawn;Weapon...). I'm sure the documentation will be tweaked before v33 is released, but this should help if you want to think about your rulz.

Thanks alot! I am guessing this is for v33 as I can't get anything to work in v32 atm.

On Kill;Damage ProjectileExplosive;say RPG/SMAW/M320 Not Permitted;Kick

says it loaded 1 rule but nothing happens when I use rpg/m320 etc. Anyway, appreciate the doc!

Edit: Ahh I see, damage None for everything I tried "On Kill;Damage None;say HI! Testing!;"and worked, it spammed every time someone got a kill :P

CraveMode your rule is ok, you just have to wait for a Procon update and ProconRulz v33. If you're lucky you'll get a BF3 update also. FYI a pair of rules is more noob-friendly than your 'kick on first event' idea:

On Kill;Damage ProjectileExplosive;PlayerCount 3;Kick

On Kill;Damage ProjectileExplosive;Say RPG/SMAW/M320 Not Permitted;Kill 100

Bambam

Very nice :smile: thanks for the tip.

Also, do you think/expect DICE to provide keys for ammo types in the near future or have any word on that? For instance, kicking for killing when using Frag ammo type on M320 but not the smoke.

The simple answer is 'yes' you can expect more weapon keys to be supplied by BF3, particularly where the current weapon is 'Death' esp. vehicles. There's no way to be sure of timing, unless I'm testing against an updated BF3 version that you guys haven't seen yet, and that's not the case currently. I don't know whether the current "M320" key will be split to allow recognition of the other underslung nade types. It's not unreasonable to expect accessory/specialization info to appear in some future BF3 update, although it's hard to predict when, and also have this info provided at spawn time, not just on a kill. I.e. I'd expect BF3 to catch up with the admin features in BFBC2.

Weapon limits are a subtlety with EA - they want to support effective admin tools, but don't want a raft of arbitrary and incomprehensible rules affecting the consistency of BF3 gameplay. We've all played on servers where you're trying to guess what item in your spawn inventory is getting you auto-killed (once for me it was vehicle smoke...) and no-one really wants that. The best thing is to think of the rulz carefully and structure thresholds and warnings.

• 4 weeks later...

Originally Posted by ty_ger07*:

On Spawn;Damage ProjectileExplosive 0;Say M320,SMAW, and RPG are prohibited;Kill

not working what's wrong

thanks

IN BF3: On Spawn won't work since the game doesn't currently report what kits players spawn with. Use On Kill instead. Also, change it from 'Damage ProjectileExplosive 0' to 'Damage ProjectileExplosive'. No need for the 0.

EDIT: I thought this was the BF3 thread. Sorry.

Originally Posted by Hive*:

Hmmm ok guys we have a SQDM server and we want to prevent players from using vehicles without turning them off.

So when a player gets in the vehicle and when the player makes a kill it needs to kick that player...

I would've thought this would've worked but it doesnt, anyone able to assist?

On Kill;Damage VehicleHeavy;kick

Originally Posted by SileX*:

Hmmm ok guys we have a SQDM server and we want to prevent players from using vehicles without turning them off.

So when a player gets in the vehicle and when the player makes a kill it needs to kick that player...

I would've thought this would've worked but it doesnt, anyone able to assist?

On Kill;Damage VehicleHeavy;kick

If this is for BF3, see the other thread - I just posted the exact same question :smile:

So far, I have this running as test;

On Kill;PlayerCount 3;Weapon Death;Say %p% no vehicle or mortar kills, thats it, you are OUT;Kick

On Kill;PlayerCount 2;Weapon Death;Say %p% no vehicle or mortar kills, READ THE RULES AGAIN!;Kill

On Kill;PlayerCount 1;Weapon Death;Say %p% no vehicle or mortar kills!;Kill