Jump to content

Ultimate Map Manager (1.2.5.0 - 03/26/15)


Prophet731

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by Twieb*:

 

Very nice plugin!

 

I've noticed though, that when I set 1 map in the map-rotation to Infantry Only mode, and all other maps to Normal, it's still has vehicles at the start of the first round on the map that is set to Infantry Only mode. The vehicles however don't respawn after they have been used once and are detroyed. The second round of the same map starts just as it should without vehicles on Infantry Only mode though.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Description This plug-in is intended to manage your map rotation based upon the number of players on the server. Optionally, it will also change the server name to match the current rotation, allow ce

Posted Images

Originally Posted by falcontx*:

 

Very nice plugin!

 

I've noticed though, that when I set 1 map in the map-rotation to Infantry Only mode, and all other maps to Normal, it's still has vehicles at the start of the first round on the map that is set to Infantry Only mode. The vehicles however don't respawn after they have been used once and are detroyed. The second round of the same map starts just as it should without vehicles on Infantry Only mode though.

Yeah. I'm not sure it's possible to solve that problem. I'm sending the command before the new round starts, but the server is obviously slow to respond. I've heard similar reports of some "normal" settings making their way into hardcore mode when that switch happens, too. These server bugs are difficult to figure out and work around sometimes.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by BobyTT*:

 

Congratz to your GREAT work. I wish i could send you more money. But i am kind a dealing with payments alone for my server... Anyway donated. I hope u going to get a lot more money from all of us that you helped with your work.

 

BobyTT

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by waudrius*:

 

Yeah. I'm not sure it's possible to solve that problem. I'm sending the command before the new round starts, but the server is obviously slow to respond. I've heard similar reports of some "normal" settings making their way into hardcore mode when that switch happens, too. These server bugs are difficult to figure out and work around sometimes.

Plugin is working fine with maplist changing, but with gamemode on specific maps (Infantry/Normal in our server) works not correctly sometimes (changes the gamemode only after few minutes from round start). I'm also using "Insane limits" as a precaution for not making an "Infantry" gamemode on "Caspian Border" Conquest Large :smile: It happened already in the past... Very good plugin, but I recommend to use gamemode changer wisely.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by borbn*:

 

Hi falcontx,

 

thanks for this great plugin.

 

Regarding the problems with game mode changes maybe you can send the more important commands like vehiclespawnallowed first after round end. It may be even possible to send this command shortly before round end if you can monitor the loosers ticket count. When they have for example 3 Tickets left you can already set vehiclespawnallow to false because a respawing tank or chopper wont affect the outcome of the round at this point.

 

For myselve i modified the plugin to set the vehiclespawndelay with the Game Modes. Is it possible to rename the arrays containing the game modes? Can i even add more arrays with game modes to the plugin without the need to modify other lines in the source code?

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by TMiland*:

 

Donated! Will we receive future updates per email? You should consider a download management system for your plugins ;-)

 

This plugin does what i was asking for i another thread just before you released this one! So Hurray! :-D

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by unrigh7eous*:

 

Just want to thank you for this plugin. Ive been using it since Monday and it has helped my server tremendously. Im still working on getting the best map rotations with the best setups to fill the server even faster. But the increase of traffic to the server is amazing.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by TMiland*:

 

Just want to thank you for this plugin. Ive been using it since Monday and it has helped my server tremendously. Im still working on getting the best map rotations with the best setups to fill the server even faster. But the increase of traffic to the server is amazing.

That explains why my server is harder to fill up the last couple of days, player's go to server's using this plugin!

 

falcontx i need my plugin now! lol *kidding* :biggrin:

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by unrigh7eous*:

 

That explains why my server is harder to fill up the last couple of days, player's go to server's using this plugin!

 

falcontx i need my plugin now! lol *kidding* :biggrin:

Lol I cant be taking too much from you. Im still trying to get the right combo to get the server over 16 people. I hit 16-18 and then they start leaving. Gonna try a new combo of maps/settings to see how that goes.

 

Even with that happening im getting more play on the server during the day than normal.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by TMiland*:

 

Lol I cant be taking too much from you. Im still trying to get the right combo to get the server over 16 people. I hit 16-18 and then they start leaving. Gonna try a new combo of maps/settings to see how that goes.

 

Even with that happening im getting more play on the server during the day than normal.

I have great success with caspian border conquest small, let it run until you have a full server, then change to f.eks operation firestorm conquest large.

 

After i do this (every morning) i let this maplist run (if it gets empty over night):

Caspian border

Kharg Island

Noshahr Canals

Operation Firestorm

 

And before i go to bed, i change back to caspian border conquest small, before it's empty that is...

 

Thats my plan to use this plugin to do this automatically. :-D

 

Good luck!

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by unrigh7eous*:

 

I have great success with caspian border conquest small, let it run until you have a full server, then change to f.eks operation firestorm conquest large.

 

After i do this (every morning) i let this maplist run (if it gets empty over night):

Caspian border

Kharg Island

Noshahr Canals

Operation Firestorm

 

And before i go to bed, i change back to caspian border conquest small, before it's empty that is...

 

Thats my plan to use this plugin to do this automatically. :-D

 

Good luck!

Thank you i will have to try something like that out.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by falcontx*:

 

Hi falcontx,

 

thanks for this great plugin.

 

Regarding the problems with game mode changes maybe you can send the more important commands like vehiclespawnallowed first after round end. It may be even possible to send this command shortly before round end if you can monitor the loosers ticket count. When they have for example 3 Tickets left you can already set vehiclespawnallow to false because a respawing tank or chopper wont affect the outcome of the round at this point.

Possibly. Has anyone tested to see if changing it right after round end is any different from changing it later? Either way, it's worth a shot, I guess. Changing it before round end could be tricky, depending on the game mode.

 

For myselve i modified the plugin to set the vehiclespawndelay with the Game Modes. Is it possible to rename the arrays containing the game modes? Can i even add more arrays with game modes to the plugin without the need to modify other lines in the source code?

No, you can't rename the arrays or add new ones without altering quite a bit of code. When I get a bit of time, custom game modes will probably be one of the first things I add.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by falcontx*:

 

Donated! Will we receive future updates per email? You should consider a download management system for your plugins ;-)

 

This plugin does what i was asking for i another thread just before you released this one! So Hurray! :-D

Yes. Future updates will be sent via email. Perhaps I'll consider that in the future, but I think this will work out for this one. We'll see how it goes. :ohmy:
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by TMiland*:

 

Yes. Future updates will be sent via email. Perhaps I'll consider that in the future, but I think this will work out for this one. We'll see how it goes. :ohmy:

Thats great!

 

I have a feature request, just something i was thinking about, not shure if it's possible,

 

what about maplist based on day of the week? F.eks week starts on monday, run maplist 1 and so on... :smile:

 

 

Just a thought! :ohmy:

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by falcontx*:

 

Can we have a list of planned changes ?

I really want to see a map vote feature.

Well, I don't really have it written out, but I'll try to get something together and once I do, I'll post it here, or maybe in the first or second post.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by falcontx*:

 

Thats great!

 

I have a feature request, just something i was thinking about, not shure if it's possible,

 

what about maplist based on day of the week? F.eks week starts on monday, run maplist 1 and so on... :smile:

 

 

Just a thought! :ohmy:

I think time-based map lists was already mentioned. That would include day of the week. It's definitely possible. Just a matter of getting time to do it.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by falcontx*:

 

A new version has been released that fixes a few bugs. This version has been emailed to the same email address that the original plugin was sent to. If you did not receive the update, please send me a PM.

 

1.0.0.1 (01/05/2012)

- fixed first map not set when map list changed after manual round restart

- fixed map list would not update if changed when enabled via options panel

- fixed wrong number of players detected when listplayers not called with 'all'

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by dyn*:

 

Donated.

 

I also wanted to see if you had thought of a work-around for the server size limits ?

 

Right now we start with TDM until we reach about ~50 players and then will queue the next map as Conquest Large / Conquest Assault 64. We will then do the reverse if the count reaches lower than ~22 people (go from Conquest back to TDM). If I'm reading the OP correctly this will not be possible to automate due to a server bug with the map list.

 

Is there any type of work around that we could do to make it work? Like adding a maplist that has 15 TDM maps in it and one conquest large so the bug does not take over?

 

Regardless of whether or not it's possible, I've made a donation.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by falcontx*:

 

Donated.

 

I also wanted to see if you had thought of a work-around for the server size limits ?

 

Right now we start with TDM until we reach about ~50 players and then will queue the next map as Conquest Large / Conquest Assault 64. We will then do the reverse if the count reaches lower than ~22 people (go from Conquest back to TDM). If I'm reading the OP correctly this will not be possible to automate due to a server bug with the map list.

 

Is there any type of work around that we could do to make it work? Like adding a maplist that has 15 TDM maps in it and one conquest large so the bug does not take over?

 

Regardless of whether or not it's possible, I've mad a donation.

What you want to do will work just fine. You can switch *from* TDM with more than 24 players. You just can't switch *to* TDM with more than 24. You're switching to CQ64 with 50 players, which is fine, and then you're switching back to TDM with 22 or less players, which is also fine.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by dyn*:

 

Wonderful. This is just what I was looking to hear. You also replied so fast that you caught my spelling mistake.

 

Thank you. I've also got the plugin as well and look forward to setting it up.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by HellsBells*:

 

Tested well last night using your excellent plugin "Ultimate Map Manager + Xvotemap

 

3 maps lists of 9 maps each running a variations of SQDM/TDM/CQ/RUSH

 

When the number of players dropped to less than the current map list. A new map

list loaded sweet:smile:

I have now made a 4th maps list (for a short time to see how it pans out)

 

Map list '0' 0-8 players 9 maps SQRUSH

Map list '1' 9-16 players 9 maps SQDM

Map list '2' 17-24 Players 9 maps TDM/RUSH/CQ

Map list '3' 25-32 Players 9 maps RUSH/CQ Small & Large

 

The only item i did notice if any of the map lists Do Not have a B2k map in the list

'Battlelog" does not show the B2K tag in the browser. Easily fixed just add a B2K map

into the mix.

 

On restart I'm getting the below error

 

[21:39:07 40] =================OnLogin=============

[21:39:10 09] Serverinfo 0 0RoundCount: 1

[21:39:10 14] AdminIn_and_SpawnMsg: Discovered GameType: bf3

[21:39:10 28] 0 Spieler auf dem Server.

[21:39:10 29] -------OP-------

[21:39:10 29]

TEAM1:

 

TEAM2:

 

Neutral:

[21:39:10 37] reserverList

[21:39:10 46] ERROR: CommandDisallowedOnRanked

[21:39:10 79] ERROR: UnknownCommand

[21:39:10 93] ERROR: UnknownCommand

[21:39:11 64] -------OP-------

[21:39:11 64]

TEAM1:

 

TEAM2:

 

Neutral:

[21:39:11 76] Serverinfo 0 0RoundCount: 1

[21:39:11 84] -------OP-------

[21:39:11 84]

TEAM1:

 

TEAM2:

 

Neutral:

[21:39:12 28] ERROR: InvalidArguments

[21:39:38 50] Serverinfo 0 0RoundCount: 1

[21:39:38 57] -------OP-------

[21:39:38 57]

TEAM1:

 

TEAM2:

 

UPDATE:

 

I may be pushing some limits with 4 map lists as Procon refuses to load

Had to rename both files to load Procon. Reinstalled ver 1.0 then 1.1 and after several attempts

procon Started. But still get unknown command error.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by planbcotton*:

 

I know this has been requested, but i want to second it! The ability create our own presets is a must! Its probably one of the most powerful features i think, is to be able to tweak settings per map

 

Great work BTW!

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by falcontx*:

 

UPDATE:

 

I may be pushing some limits with 4 map lists as Procon refuses to load

Had to rename both files to load Procon. Reinstalled ver 1.0 then 1.1 and after several attempts

procon Started. But still get unknown command error.

4 map lists shouldn't be an issue. The difference between the two versions is minimal, so that shouldn't be a factor. The unknown commands have nothing to do with my plugin. They're probably caused by some other plugin you're running, but likely won't cause any issues. If you're concerned, you should examine your PRoCon console logs to see what commands are causing the errors.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by micovery*:

 

I may be pushing some limits with 4 map lists as Procon refuses to load

4 map lists shouldn't be an issue.

I had a performance issue with ProCon having extremely slow load/connection times (up to a minute) with my Insane Limits plugin. My plugin, like yours allows users to dynamically keep adding sections. In your case is map lists, in my case is limits/rules. Because of that when my plugin gets to +10 sections, ProCon is very slow to load the plugin settings during connection. Even after loading the settings, it's very slow when you are editing them. I resolved the issue by moving all settings to an external file that I manage myself (save and load the settings very fast/optimized).
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.