Ultimate Map Manager (1.2.5.0 - 03/26/15)

Prophet731

Originally Posted by Bazza*:

May have already been asked but is there any way to make the game types and maps random? Or just the first one? Say have conquest small, TDM and rush (All 32 player) and have all the maps in rotation and have it just randomly call up a gametype and a map?

No answer?
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by dyn*:

Looking at the plugin, there is an option to start on a random map for each map list created.

I said 0-39 for the 'smaller map' and 22-64 for the 'larger map'. By setting the minimum at 22, you are telling the plugin that it should keep the larger map list until it goes below 22 people.

Thank you for the extra help. Doing this has eliminated the scrolling error messages.

Originally Posted by Bazza*:

No answer?

Let me word this better.....Is there a way of the plugin randomly choosing a map from say map lists 0,1 and 2 or will it just start with 1 random map then go in order from there? My plan of attack is to have all the maps but 3 different game-types and have it randomly call 1 up.

Originally Posted by falcontx*:

Let me word this better.....Is there a way of the plugin randomly choosing a map from say map lists 0,1 and 2 or will it just start with 1 random map then go in order from there? My plan of attack is to have all the maps but 3 different game-types and have it randomly call 1 up.

Using the random start option will make the first map of the new list random, then it will follow the specified rotation.

I have emailed the plugin to all who have made donations for this plugin.

If you made a donation that you intended to be for this plugin, but you did not specify "Ultimate Map Manager" in the payment notes, please send me a PM with the email address that you used for payment.

Originally Posted by HexaCanon*:

i have an issue .

i got a maplist with Min 0 and Max 5, i use immediately maplist change and do not change if more than 1 player is on.

the thing is when the server population gets reduced from say 6 to 5 the maplist will change but the round will not end. if the players in the same situation get down to 0 the maplist will not change immediately because it thinks that it has already done that.

can we have it checking like ever minute or so.

Originally Posted by Operator*:

Very nice... I haven't had a chance to sit down and install it until now.. Really Nice!

I was wondering, is there a way that you can add "Quick Match" as a preset, and have another box for "Minimum Players needed to start:_"

I'm asking, is because my server goes empty or low during certain hours of the day, and I want to have the server set at Quick Match, or allow the rounds to start with 1 Player.

i have an issue .

i got a maplist with Min 0 and Max 5, i use immediately maplist change and do not change if more than 1 player is on.

the thing is when the server population gets reduced from say 6 to 5 the maplist will change but the round will not end. if the players in the same situation get down to 0 the maplist will not change immediately because it thinks that it has already done that.

can we have it checking like ever minute or so.

The map changing algorithm is being worked on. It will be fixed in the next version, which should be out in a day or two.

Very nice... I haven't had a chance to sit down and install it until now.. Really Nice!

I was wondering, is there a way that you can add "Quick Match" as a preset, and have another box for "Minimum Players needed to start:_"

I'm asking, is because my server goes empty or low during certain hours of the day, and I want to have the server set at Quick Match, or allow the rounds to start with 1 Player.

Quick Match does not have any requirements with regards to number of players needed to start. Originally, it was documented that there were, but it was never enforced, and then the documentation was updated to reflect the fact that it doesn't matter. In short, leave it at 1 all the time and you'll still get QuickMatch players.

Originally Posted by hadlock*:

Any chance your plugin will have a workaround with the looping maplist error you mention in the OP? This seems like a fairly simple thing to add in, something like

if map is (end of tier1), then change maplist.txt to (start of tier2), etc etc

Everyone on my server wants something like a 4:1 ratio of CQ to Rush, like we had in BC2, but the new maplist bug requires some sort of plugin for that. This is the only plugin I know of that works with maplists directly.

Originally Posted by Guy0510*:

Any chance your plugin will have a workaround with the looping maplist error you mention in the OP? This seems like a fairly simple thing to add in, something like

if map is (end of tier1), then change maplist.txt to (start of tier2), etc etc

Everyone on my server wants something like a 4:1 ratio of CQ to Rush, like we had in BC2, but the new maplist bug requires some sort of plugin for that. This is the only plugin I know of that works with maplists directly.

Why not implement the vote map plugin and let them vote for the map/mode they want?

Originally Posted by hadlock*:

Why not implement the vote map plugin and let them vote for the map/mode they want?

Because I don't want a 24/7 metro server :smile: We have a forum where the members discuss the maplist and changes are made that way. That's a good suggestion though.

Originally Posted by TMiland*:

Hello falcontx,

would it be possible to add an option to enable/disable a maplist?

I want to run Air maps and city maps every other day, and don't want to delete and create the maplist every time. :-)

Thanks for a absolutely fantastic plugin!

Regards.

Originally Posted by Guy0510*:

Because I don't want a 24/7 metro server :smile: We have a forum where the members discuss the maplist and changes are made that way. That's a good suggestion though.

The plugin has ways to keep that from happening.

Hello falcontx,

would it be possible to add an option to enable/disable a maplist?

I want to run Air maps and city maps every other day, and don't want to delete and create the maplist every time. :-)

Thanks for a absolutely fantastic plugin!

Regards.

Yeah, I can add that, but for now, just set the map list you want disabled to a minimum of 64 players. As long as the other map list has a max of 64, it will never switch.

Setting map lists for different days of the week has already been requested (twice I think), and so has map voting. I'll get to everything eventually.

Originally Posted by TMiland*:

Yeah, I can add that, but for now, just set the map list you want disabled to a minimum of 64 players. As long as the other map list has a max of 64, it will never switch.

Setting map lists for different days of the week has already been requested (twice I think), and so has map voting. I'll get to everything eventually.

Okey, that will do it for now :-)

Thanks!

New version is out. No new features, but some great performance enhancements. I wanted to ensure that everything is running well before I started complicating things by adding new features.

1.0.0.2 (01/09/2012)

- greatly decreased load time and options redraw time with long/many map lists

- fixed presets not always set properly or at correct time

- presets for next map now set at end of round

- fixed map list was not reloaded if number of rounds was changed

- fixed map list changed too soon if 'Switch to new map immediately' was enabled

I'll be emailing out the new version shortly. If you don't get it, check your spam folder (and add me so it doesn't happen again). If you still can't find it, send me a PM and we'll figure it out!