Ultimate Map Manager (1.2.5.0 - 03/26/15)

Prophet731

Originally Posted by Bazza*:

Slight issue, I have made my map list with Conquest small, Rush and TDM. I have set the server size to 32 but when I started it it made the server 24 slots? I don't have the Adaptive server size plugin running at all and it is a 64 slot game servers server.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by falcontx*:

Slight issue, I have made my map list with Conquest small, Rush and TDM. I have set the server size to 32 but when I started it it made the server 24 slots? I don't have the Adaptive server size plugin running at all and it is a 64 slot game servers server.

This is due to a server bug caused by the TDM maps in your list. See "Known Issues" in the original post.

Originally Posted by TheCrimsonKing*:

if i could make a feature request..

it would be nice to log and flag the maps that have a large number of disconnects. Not sure if this is possible or even something that would should go into map manager.

But if it would work, you could then set up a rule or something that would do something like

"if disconnects are

"if disconnects are > 25% but

"if disconnects are > 50% of server population, then disable map, flag and\or notify an admin"

This would then allow maps that kill the server to be pulled from rotation.. just a thought

as always, thank you for the great plugins.

Originally Posted by Guy0510*:

if i could make a feature request..

it would be nice to log and flag the maps that have a large number of disconnects. Not sure if this is possible or even something that would should go into map manager.

But if it would work, you could then set up a rule or something that would do something like

"if disconnects are

"if disconnects are > 25% but

"if disconnects are > 50% of server population, then disable map, flag and\or notify an admin"

This would then allow maps that kill the server to be pulled from rotation.. just a thought

as always, thank you for the great plugins.

Great idea!

Originally Posted by Guy0510*:

When you set "Switch to new map list immediately_" to yes, does it issue and end of round command and then load the next map list or does it just switch? I'm asking because if it issues and end of round then everyone gets to keep their stats. If it completely interupts the round then all is lost.

When you set "Switch to new map list immediately_" to yes, does it issue and end of round command and then load the next map list or does it just switch? I'm asking because if it issues and end of round then everyone gets to keep their stats. If it completely interupts the round then all is lost.

It switches immediately, but everyone keeps their stats/score (i.e. when the new map loads, if you look at the scoreboard, everything will be the same as it was before the switch).

Hello,

I would like to use the plugin. But there is no download link. Where can I get the plugin?

thx

Follow the directions in the first post (i.e. make a donation with "Ultimate Map Manager" in the payment notes) and it will be emailed to you.

Originally Posted by PFunk*:

First off let me say, great plugin!!!! We have it running for a few days and it works great!!!!!

I do have one request (or question). I apologize if this has already been addressed but I have scrolled through this thread and I cant find the answer.

The problem is that once its past the maxplayers, the server size switches to the larger server size even before the current (smaller) map has finished. Thus causing those trying to join to hang up until it switches maps. I know we can have it automatically switch maps but we don't prefer that setting as it would interrupt good games which tends to piss people off.

So my question is, Is this just a necessary evil? I don't see anyone else complaining about this so its possible I am doing something wrong.

To me it seems that it shouldn't change the player slots until the map change. It would seem that would be possible and preferred.

Thanks

First off let me say, great plugin!!!! We have it running for a few days and it works great!!!!!

I do have one request (or question). I apologize if this has already been addressed but I have scrolled through this thread and I cant find the answer.

The problem is that once its past the maxplayers, the server size switches to the larger server size even before the current (smaller) map has finished. Thus causing those trying to join to hang up until it switches maps. I know we can have it automatically switch maps but we don't prefer that setting as it would interrupt good games which tends to piss people off.

So my question is, Is this just a necessary evil? I don't see anyone else complaining about this so its possible I am doing something wrong.

To me it seems that it shouldn't change the player slots until the map change. It would seem that would be possible and preferred.

Thanks

I'm not sure what you're referring to. This plugin doesn't have anything to do with the server size. It only changes the map list, and it doesn't change the map list until the end of the round if you don't have the immediate option turned on (with the latest version; the prior version would sometimes switch sooner).

Originally Posted by dyn*:

The problem is that once its past the maxplayers, the server size switches to the larger server size even before the current (smaller) map has finished.

I'm not sure what you're referring to. This plugin doesn't have anything to do with the server size. It only changes the map list, and it doesn't change the map list until the end of the round if you don't have the immediate option turned on

(with the latest version; the prior version would sometimes switch sooner).

This is actually happening on our server too but is not a problem for us. Here is how to recreate:

Load a map into the queue that has 24 slots (TDM). The max server size that is being reported is 24. While you can go higher than this, the max being reported by procon is 24 slots. Once you totally remove all TDM maps, insert a new larger map and refresh the server size will increase.

Now I'm not sure what would happen if someone has a Rush queue setup and it's about to switch to a new map rotation, lets say conquest large. Since there are no more rush maps in the list would the server report more than 32 slots available thus making users get stuck in the endless wait until the round switches?

And one fix would be to just use the adaptive server size plugin which allows you to set max values per map type.

For the longest time I couldn't figure out why on Game Tracker our server was putting the server size at 32 players, even though 64 players where online. I was changing the maps out to a large one when we were ready to switch over. It wasn't until we switched to your plugin that the wrong size went away. Turns out once you hit refresh inside the plugin maplist window the server size reported in procon will change.

Originally Posted by lupri*:

hi i'm interested in this plugin but i've a few question:

i want, when the server is empty, to set my server to operation metro 1000 ticket conquest. then, when the server reach a good number of players, i want to change to the normal map rotation (without operation metro), changing also the name of the server. when is empty the name will be 1000 tickets operation metro, when is going to be full, i want to change for example to the name conquest large 500 tickets...

is this possible with this plugin?

hi i'm interested in this plugin but i've a few question:

i want, when the server is empty, to set my server to operation metro 1000 ticket conquest. then, when the server reach a good number of players, i want to change to the normal map rotation (without operation metro), changing also the name of the server. when is empty the name will be 1000 tickets operation metro, when is going to be full, i want to change for example to the name conquest large 500 tickets...

is this possible with this plugin?

The plugin does EXACTLY what you're looking for. I've had mine running for several days with only one hickup... an error that was caused by me.

Originally Posted by lupri*:

is it compatible with adaptative ticket?

for example with a map list i want 1000 tickets, and for the other map list 250/500 ticket basing on players number?

(op metro 1000 tickets - 0 to 14 players, and then on the second list conquest large with 250 tickets 14-22 players , 500 tickets 22-32 players) and then back to operation metro only if the player number drop to 3-4.

i don't want to force the map list switch, let the players finish the match even if they are 32 on 1000 ticket server mode

Originally Posted by PFunk*:

I'm not sure what you're referring to. This plugin doesn't have anything to do with the server size. It only changes the map list, and it doesn't change the map list until the end of the round if you don't have the immediate option turned on (with the latest version; the prior version would sometimes switch sooner).

Hmmm, I don't know whats causing it then. When it reaches the maxplayers for our medium (rush) maplist it stays on the map but procon displays it to be 64 maxplayers and even when there are 32 players on the server it allows players to attempt to join the map but only having them hang up. Last night we had the server full (32) on rush and there were 10+ people trying to join only to get frozen. Any suggestions as to why_.

We don't have too many other plugins running.

Insane Balancer

Squad Enforcer

Spambot

In-Game Admin

Basic In-Game Info

Adminin & Spawn Message

Thanks,

Yes, the two work very well together and would be very easy to setup.

for example with a map list i want 1000 tickets, and for the other map list 250/500 ticket basing on players number?

(op metro 1000 tickets - 0 to 14 players, and then on the second list conquest large with 250 tickets 14-22 players , 500 tickets 22-32 players) and then back to operation metro only if the player number drop to 3-4.

i don't want to force the map list switch, let the players finish the match even if they are 32 on 1000 ticket server mode

kuko, read the developers first post. There are instructions there on how to get it. In order to get the download, the developer is asking if we could kindly donate.

Not found dowload?

Edit this is all wrong. Please see two posts down where I am corrected.

No, you can not have two separate adaptive ticket count values that are dependent on the map type.

Example:

15 players (no matter the map type) will always be the same unless you edit in the default non-conquest map type. This is an issue we've run into as the smaller maps start out with less tickets so we need a higher %. Once we switch to the bigger maps the % stays the same while the default ticket count for the map type / game mode goes up.

If he used Ultimate Map manager in conjunction with Adaptive ticket count, why couldn't he?

mapmanager:

Maplist0

Min # of Players = 0

max # pf Players = 14

GameMode = Conquest large

MapName = Op Metro

Maplist1

Min # of Players = 12

max # pf Players = 22

MapName = {enter selected maps}

Then for ticket count.. (change units actual number instead of %)

Tickets with 0 thru 13 players = 1000

tickets with 14 thru 22 players = 250

tickets with 23 thru 32 players = 500

No, you can not have two separate adaptive ticket count values that are dependent on the map type.

Example:

15 players (no matter the map type) will always be the same unless you edit in the default non-conquest map type. This is an issue we've run into as the smaller maps start out with less tickets so we need a higher %. Once we switch to the bigger maps the % stays the same while the default ticket count for the map type / game mode goes up.

I REALLY need to quit coming onto the board when I've stayed awake all night. :huh::huh:

Sorry for the confusion and thank you for correcting me TheCrimsonKing.

If he used Ultimate Map manager in conjunction with Adaptive ticket count, why couldn't he?

mapmanager:

Maplist0

Min # of Players = 0

max # pf Players = 14

MapName = Op Metro

Maplist1

Min # of Players = 12

max # pf Players = 22

MapName = {enter selected maps}

Then for ticket count.. (change units actual number instead of %)

Tickets with 0 thru 13 players = 1000

tickets with 14 thru 22 players = 250

tickets with 23 thru 32 players = 500

Hmmm, I don't know whats causing it then. When it reaches the maxplayers for our medium (rush) maplist it stays on the map but procon displays it to be 64 maxplayers and even when there are 32 players on the server it allows players to attempt to join the map but only having them hang up. Last night we had the server full (32) on rush and there were 10+ people trying to join only to get frozen. Any suggestions as to why_.

We don't have too many other plugins running.

Insane Balancer

Squad Enforcer

Spambot

In-Game Admin

Basic In-Game Info

Adminin & Spawn Message

Thanks,

What version are you running? If you're running 1.0.0.2, then I have no idea what's going on. Perhaps logs would help? If not, upgrade and see if that fixes it.