ProconRulz - Sniper limiter v2.7 by Tarreltje

ImportBot

Originally Posted by jking54*:

Admins tend to see the bolt action snipers as the main campers on their servers, so the main reason for a sniper limit. While you can camp with a dmr, its much harder to get kills with on the long range, and on my server some players already said that dmr arent real sniper weapons.

I my self have also removed them from the sniper limit. i also see them as a sort of slow assault weapon :P

Agreed on the DMR not being real sniper weps, I've gone with just the Bolt version, thanks for such a nice addition to my arsenal.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Originally Posted by SPIDY-NL*:

What are the pros and cons of no DMR or having them?

for me its not about pros or cons but to keep a particular gamemode like TDM fun and exciting for all players

not only for a few roofmonkey's or window washers

i myself like to snipe occaisionly on other games like arma3 or cod on a free for all sniper only gamemode

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by bhzdclan*:

how to not lose sniper slot for Death and would Roadkill also lose your slot?

example:

[23:13:14] (TeamSay[uS Army] 1_Deadly_Menace) US Army 1_Deadly_Menace gave up SNIPER slot (used Death)

[23:37:52] (TeamSay[Chinese Army] WORLDOFHURTS) Chinese Army WORLDOFHURTS gave up SNIPER slot (used Death)

would it be possible to warn player on first sniper kill over limit instead of Kill, then Kill on second?

overall this is a great rule as too many snipers that play TDM instead of objectives.Thanks

Maybe I missed something but I hear some players complaining on being killed by merely picking up a sniper rifle if the limit has been reached, surely this isn't true?

Originally Posted by Szakal*:

On Kill;Not Damage SniperRifle;Not Damage Handgun;Not Damage Melee;Not Damage DMR;Not Damage Explosive;

It does not work for me, if guy kills with anything except sniper he loses his slot. What's wrong? I want pistols/explo/knifes to not make someone lose his slot.

Other thing I have problem with is that admin is not being killed for sniper limit even tho I checked 'Neither' in 'protect players...' option in proconrulz?

Originally Posted by tarreltje*:

Maybe I missed something but I hear some players complaining on being killed by merely picking up a sniper rifle if the limit has been reached, surely this isn't true?

That unfortunately would be true.... This problem you would have with all the sniper limits plugins..

This is due we only can take action On Kill.... We cannont see what people are doing before. Bf4 should give us information On Spawn, then we wont have the problems we now have!

It does not work for me, if guy kills with anything except sniper he loses his slot. What's wrong? I want pistols/explo/knifes to not make someone lose his slot.

Other thing I have problem with is that admin is not being killed for sniper limit even tho I checked 'Neither' in 'protect players...' option in proconrulz?

What proconrulz are you using? Older versions can get bugged by not reloading old rules, so what you said about admins not being killed could be by done by an older version.

how to not lose sniper slot for Death and would Roadkill also lose your slot?

example:

[23:13:14] (TeamSay[uS Army] 1_Deadly_Menace) US Army 1_Deadly_Menace gave up SNIPER slot (used Death)

[23:37:52] (TeamSay[Chinese Army] WORLDOFHURTS) Chinese Army WORLDOFHURTS gave up SNIPER slot (used Death)

would it be possible to warn player on first sniper kill over limit instead of Kill, then Kill on second?

overall this is a great rule as too many snipers that play TDM instead of objectives.Thanks

Add Not Damage Death to your rules!

If you would warn people the first kill, you would get to many snipers i think. If people want to snipe they should do a !snipers check first. It is posible but i have to rewrite a section of the rules

Sorry if this has been asked previously but how can we have it so it'll kick after 1st or 2nd time someone keeps sniping anyhow, a kill isn't enough for some...

Originally Posted by Ralphvd*:

Tarrel,

Who can use !setsniper(ingame admins? procon admins_) ? Do i need to setup account for those in procon, or can you maybe make a list in the code where to put names?

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by Ralphvd*:

Tarreltje abandoned this thread?

Well i have maybe a idea. To YELL if you have sniper slot. And YELL if you lose sniper slot because of other weapons, nade etc..

Originally Posted by PHX_Big_Deal*:

For example (sniperlimit 3), team a have 3 used Sniperslots and team b have 0 used sniperslots. A Sniper from Team a got autobalanced to team b. When you write now Snipers or Sniperx it will show you Team a 3/3 and Team b 0/3. It should be Team a 2/3 and Team b 1/3. How it could be handled when a sniper got autobalanced that team a get a slot free and team b set a slot used?

Thx for help.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been asked previously but how can we have it so it'll kick after 1st or 2nd time someone keeps sniping anyhow, a kill isn't enough for some...

Problem is its kinda difficult to see if there is a free slot or not. Its posible that you kick an innocent player, that wants to play by the sniper rules, made a second kill not knowing that already was a max snipers reach, and gets kicked.

Its do able but it will be a bad thing for your server!

Tarrel,

Who can use !setsniper(ingame admins? procon admins_) ? Do i need to setup account for those in procon, or can you maybe make a list in the code where to put names?

The !setsnipers is part of BamBams sniper rules, that are included with the proconrulz plugin. The rules in this tread are basicly the same, but removed all the chat spam! So also the !setsnipers isnt used :smile:

Tarreltje abandoned this thread?

Well i have maybe a idea. To YELL if you have sniper slot. And YELL if you lose sniper slot because of other weapons, nade etc..

The yell is posible, just replace the playersay by playeryell

Personaly i prefer the chat, since tomuch people are complaining about how dice implemented the yell. Its to big and annoying, and at the wrong place of your screen :P

Can some one write an separate DMR limit?

So we can have 2 snipers and 2 dmr?

This is doable, by using the both set of rulz, the bolt action and the dmr rulz. Only downside of this is, that you need to rewrite 1 of the 2 rulz sets, since they use the same vars. Things will get screwed up big time, if you will use them both

Originally Posted by Wiggles*:

i changed it so that the PlayerSay isnt spamming the chat (only one line) and and that free slots arent announced in chat and that the log is removed from the pluginconsole. is there a way to not spam the procon chat aswell?

Code:

##### SNIPER LIMIT V2.7 BOLT AND DMR #####

# SET THE MAX # OF SNIPERS HERE:
On Kill;ServerFirst;Set %server_sniperlimit% 4
On Say;ServerFirst;Set %server_sniperlimit% 4

# SNIPER LOG MESSAGES
On Spawn;If %server_sl_sniper[%p%]% == 1;Log Sniper %pt% %p% re-spawned. %server_sl_total[%ptk%]% snipers on team %ptk%
On Kill;If %server_sl_sniper[%v%]% == 1;Log Sniper %vtk% %v% killed. %server_sl_total[%vtk%]% snipers on team %vtk%

# SNIPER KILL CHECKS either over limit (so kill), existing sniper (do nothing), new sniper (reserve slot)
On Kill;Damage SniperRifle;
If %server_sl_total[%ptk%]% >= %server_sniperlimit%;if %server_sl_sniper[%p%]% == 0;PlayerSay - %p% killed by SNIPER LIMIT. Max %server_sniperlimit% snipers;Kill
If %server_sl_sniper[%p%]% == 1
If %server_sl_sniper[%p%]% == 0;Incr %server_sl_total[%ptk%]%;Set %server_sl_sniper[%p%]% 1;Set %server_sl_x% %server_sl_total[%ptk%]%;Set %server_sl_snipername[%ptk%][%server_sl_x%]% %p%;PlayerSay - %p% got a SNIPER slot

# SNIPER KILL CHECKS either over limit (so kill), existing sniper (do nothing), new sniper (reserve slot)
On Kill;Damage DMR;
If %server_sl_total[%ptk%]% >= %server_sniperlimit%;if %server_sl_sniper[%p%]% == 0;PlayerSay - %p% killed by SNIPER LIMIT. Max %server_sniperlimit% snipers;Kill
If %server_sl_sniper[%p%]% == 0;Incr %server_sl_total[%ptk%]%;Set %server_sl_sniper[%p%]% 1;Set %server_sl_x% %server_sl_total[%ptk%]%;Set %server_sl_snipername[%ptk%][%server_sl_x%]% %p%;PlayerSay - %p% got a SNIPER slot

# FREE UP SNIPER SLOT IF SNIPER HAS NON-SNIPER KILL OR SNIPER LEAVES 
On Kill;Not Damage SniperRifle;Not Damage Handgun;Not Damage Melee;Not Damage DMR;Not Damage Explosive;If %server_sl_sniper[%p%]% == 1;Set %server_sl_sniper[%p%]% 0;Decr %server_sl_total[%ptk%]%;PlayerSay - %p% gave up the SNIPER slot!
On Leave;If %server_sl_sniper[%p%]% == 1;Set %server_sl_sniper[%p%]% 0;Decr %server_sl_total[%ptk%]%

# !snipers / !sniperx INFO MESSAGES
On Say;Text !snipers;
PlayerSay Sniper limit: %server_sl_total[%ptk%]%/%server_sniperlimit%. Reserve slot with sniper kill, lose it with non-sniper/handgun kill.
If %server_sl_total[%ptk%]% == 0;PlayerSay 0/%server_sniperlimit% SNIPERS on team %pt%
If %server_sl_total[%ptk%]% > 0;PlayerSay %pt% SNIPER[1/%server_sniperlimit%] is %server_sl_snipername[%ptk%][1]%
If %server_sl_total[%ptk%]% > 1;PlayerSay %pt% SNIPER[2/%server_sniperlimit%] is %server_sl_snipername[%ptk%][2]%
If %server_sl_total[%ptk%]% > 2;PlayerSay %pt% SNIPER[3/%server_sniperlimit%] is %server_sl_snipername[%ptk%][3]%
If %server_sl_total[%ptk%]% > 3;PlayerSay %pt% SNIPER[4/%server_sniperlimit%] is %server_sl_snipername[%ptk%][4]%

On Say;Text !sniperx;
PlayerSay SNIPERS: Team 1: %server_sl_total[1]%/%server_sniperlimit%, Team 2: %server_sl_total[2]%/%server_sniperlimit%
Code:
[01:38:21] craig133mhz > SRY
[01:38:33] badn0b has joined the server..
[01:38:36] OlDirtyB > sorry
[01:38:35] (PlayerSay craig133mhz) - craig133mhz got a SNIPER slot
[01:38:37] (PlayerSay lS1mvol_Straxal) - lS1mvol_Straxal got a SNIPER slot
[01:38:58]  The_Wasted_Pilot has left the server..
[01:39:08] (PlayerSay Leus955) - Leus955 got a SNIPER slot
[01:39:08] (PlayerSay lS1mvol_Straxal) - lS1mvol_Straxal gave up the SNIPER slot!
[01:39:28] Tesslacoil has joined the server..
[01:39:15] MULTIbalancer > TiLLerS_: *** MOVED TiLLerS_ for balance ...
[01:39:36] Echedemus - Russian Army > sorry
[01:39:18] (PlayerSay TOMMYleJON3Z) - TOMMYleJON3Z got a SNIPER slot

Originally Posted by Wiggles*:

still there.

Code:

[00:40:04] Bishop358 has joined the server..
[00:39:47] (PlayerSay wilson780z) wilson780z got a SNIPER slot
[00:40:14] Lauwerens > hey let me take my sip of whisky
[00:40:20] (PlayerSay Yaamee_Ger) Yaamee_Ger got a SNIPER slot
[00:41:27] gobone2 has joined the server..
[00:41:19] (PlayerSay Emre114) Emre114 got a SNIPER slot
[00:42:07] DeSeTuede > spawn killing pos
[00:42:13] DeSeTuede > in the heli
[00:42:06] (PlayerSay ClintCheesewood) ClintCheesewood got a SNIPER slot
[00:42:21] (PlayerSay LandSharkParaD0X) LandSharkParaD0X gave up the SNIPER slot!
[00:43:03] R333D has joined the server..
Code:

# SNIPER LOG MESSAGES
On Spawn;If %server_sl_sniper[%p%]% == 1
On Kill;If %server_sl_sniper[%v%]% == 1

If %server_sl_total[%ptk%]% >= %server_sniperlimit%;if %server_sl_sniper[%p%]% == 0;PlayerSay %p% killed by SNIPER LIMIT. Max %server_sniperlimit% snipers;Kill
If %server_sl_sniper[%p%]% == 0;Incr %server_sl_total[%ptk%]%;Set %server_sl_sniper[%p%]% 1;Set %server_sl_x% %server_sl_total[%ptk%]%;Set %server_sl_snipername[%ptk%][%server_sl_x%]% %p%;PlayerSay %p% got a SNIPER slot

On Kill;Damage DMR;
If %server_sl_total[%ptk%]% >= %server_sniperlimit%;if %server_sl_sniper[%p%]% == 0;PlayerSay %p% killed by SNIPER LIMIT. Max %server_sniperlimit% snipers;Kill
If %server_sl_sniper[%p%]% == 0;Incr %server_sl_total[%ptk%]%;Set %server_sl_sniper[%p%]% 1;Set %server_sl_x% %server_sl_total[%ptk%]%;Set %server_sl_snipername[%ptk%][%server_sl_x%]% %p%;PlayerSay %p% got a SNIPER slot

On Kill;Not Damage SniperRifle;Not Damage Handgun;Not Damage Melee;Not Damage DMR;Not Damage Explosive;If %server_sl_sniper[%p%]% == 1;Set %server_sl_sniper[%p%]% 0;Decr %server_sl_total[%ptk%]%;PlayerSay %p% gave up the SNIPER slot!
On Leave;If %server_sl_sniper[%p%]% == 1;Set %server_sl_sniper[%p%]% 0;Decr %server_sl_total[%ptk%]%

On Say;Text !snipers;
PlayerSay Sniper limit: %server_sl_total[%ptk%]%/%server_sniperlimit%. Reserve slot with sniper kill, lose it with non-sniper/handgun kill.
If %server_sl_total[%ptk%]% == 0;PlayerSay 0/%server_sniperlimit% SNIPERS on team %pt%
If %server_sl_total[%ptk%]% > 0;PlayerSay %pt% SNIPER[1/%server_sniperlimit%] is %server_sl_snipername[%ptk%][1]%
If %server_sl_total[%ptk%]% > 1;PlayerSay %pt% SNIPER[2/%server_sniperlimit%] is %server_sl_snipername[%ptk%][2]%
If %server_sl_total[%ptk%]% > 2;PlayerSay %pt% SNIPER[3/%server_sniperlimit%] is %server_sl_snipername[%ptk%][3]%
If %server_sl_total[%ptk%]% > 3;PlayerSay %pt% SNIPER[4/%server_sniperlimit%] is %server_sl_snipername[%ptk%][4]%

On Say;Text !sniperx;
PlayerSay SNIPERS: Team 1: %server_sl_total[1]%/%server_sniperlimit%, Team 2: %server_sl_total[2]%/%server_sniperlimit%

Originally Posted by P5YCH0SL0TH*:

Im looking to set up a sniper only server for BF4 if anyone knows of or has a script that I can use or could offer any advice on how to do this it would be appreciated

Im completely new to PC and this scripting and Running the server so its going to be a great challenge for me to do this

I am working in coordination with the guys at RogueWarriorGaming.net to set this up but collectively our skills are quite limited in programming and scripting but we are trying to get this server up for a test run and see how it does as there are not many sniper only servers which may be for good reason and thats why everyone wants to negate sniper usage to a minimum

Originally Posted by t0p8uzz*:

Im looking to set up a sniper only server for BF4 if anyone knows of or has a script that I can use or could offer any advice on how to do this it would be appreciated

Im completely new to PC and this scripting and Running the server so its going to be a great challenge for me to do this

I am working in coordination with the guys at RogueWarriorGaming.net to set this up but collectively our skills are quite limited in programming and scripting but we are trying to get this server up for a test run and see how it does as there are not many sniper only servers which may be for good reason and thats why everyone wants to negate sniper usage to a minimum

Quite easily, but if you find that you can't figure it out, i'll happily do it for you ... can always PM me on here or jump on our TeamSpeak and we'll go through it on the mic's

still there.

Code:

[00:40:04] Bishop358 has joined the server..
[00:39:47] (PlayerSay wilson780z) wilson780z got a SNIPER slot
[00:40:14] Lauwerens > hey let me take my sip of whisky
[00:40:20] (PlayerSay Yaamee_Ger) Yaamee_Ger got a SNIPER slot
[00:41:27] gobone2 has joined the server..
[00:41:19] (PlayerSay Emre114) Emre114 got a SNIPER slot
[00:42:07] DeSeTuede > spawn killing pos
[00:42:13] DeSeTuede > in the heli
[00:42:06] (PlayerSay ClintCheesewood) ClintCheesewood got a SNIPER slot
[00:42:21] (PlayerSay LandSharkParaD0X) LandSharkParaD0X gave up the SNIPER slot!
[00:43:03] R333D has joined the server..
Code:

# SNIPER LOG MESSAGES
On Spawn;If %server_sl_sniper[%p%]% == 1
On Kill;If %server_sl_sniper[%v%]% == 1

On Kill;Damage DMR;

On Kill;Not Damage SniperRifle;Not Damage Handgun;Not Damage Melee;Not Damage DMR;Not Damage Explosive;If %server_sl_sniper[%p%]% == 1;Set %server_sl_sniper[%p%]% 0;Decr %server_sl_total[%ptk%]%;PlayerSay %p% gave up the SNIPER slot!

On Say;Text !snipers;

On Say;Text !sniperx;
That is only the playersay command...

Originally Posted by Mikkaav*:

Same problem for me... ProconRulz 44j.1

Archived