Jump to content

MULTIbalancer [1.1.6.0] 30-MAR-2015 + BFHL


ImportBot

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by kcuestag*:

 

EDIT: nevermind, definitely a bug

 

Viva K! You are my number #1 bug finder! Where were you during the testing phase? :smile:

I think I joined beta testing right before plugin entered final version, hehehe.

 

Glad I could help, I'll try this new version right now and report any issues I find, huge thanks for your work!

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by kcuestag*:

 

New "bug" found. :biggrin:

 

In Procon it shows "MULTIbalancer - 1.0.1.0" instead of 1.0.2.0 haha, but I guess that can wait until another version is released. :biggrin:

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

 

New "bug" found. :biggrin:

 

In Procon it shows "MULTIbalancer - 1.0.1.0" instead of 1.0.2.0 haha, but I guess that can wait until another version is released. :biggrin:

What do you mean? It shows MULTIbalancer - 1.0.2.0 to me in the Details tab.

 

EDIT: DAMMIT, I pushed the wrong version. It's corrected now. Sorry, everyone who has already installed should do so again. Apologies for the mixup, I know it requires a Procon restart and that is disruptive for your servers.

 

IF YOU HAVE 1.0.1.0, PLEASE DOWNLOAD AGAIN

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

 

Is RoundKills = RoundKPM?

RoundKills is total number of kills made by this player in the round.

 

RoundKPM is the kills per minute made by this player in the round.

 

It's analogous to RoundScore vs. RoundSPM.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by LumPenPacK*:

 

RoundKills is total number of kills made by this player in the round.

 

RoundKPM is the kills per minute made by this player in the round.

 

It's analogous to RoundScore vs. RoundSPM.

Thanks for the explanation. I was just confused because KPM scrambling was announced in change log for 1.0.2.0 but I was running 1.0.1.0. :ohmy:
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by LumPenPacK*:

 

Thanks for the explanation. I was just confused because KPM scrambling was announced in change log for 1.0.2.0 but I was running 1.0.1.0. :ohmy:

mhh, but even with 1.0.2.0 I can't find the KPM settings.

 

Unbenannt2.JPG

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

 

mhh, but even with 1.0.2.0 I can't find the KPM settings.

 

Unbenannt2.JPG

That's strange. Go to Section 8, Conquest Large, and try Determine Strong Players By. Same thing?

 

EDIT: It's possible the menu is scrollable. Pop up the menu and press the down arrow key on the keyboard and keep going past PlayerRank. Do you see RoundKPM now?

 

Also double-check that you have 1.0.2.0 installed by looking at the Details tab. What does it say at the top?

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by LumPenPacK*:

 

That's strange. Go to Section 8, Conquest Large, and try Determine Strong Players By. Same thing?

 

EDIT: It's possible the menu is scrollable. Pop up the menu and press the down arrow key on the keyboard and keep going past PlayerRank. Do you see RoundKPM now?

 

Also double-check that you have 1.0.2.0 installed by looking at the Details tab. What does it say at the top?

I tried to scroll down with down arrow key and also page down...nothing. mhhh

 

Unbenannt.J4PG.JPG

 

Unbenannt.J3PG.JPG

 

Did you also restart your procon client after updating the plugin?

EDIT: thats it. thank you! the client was the problem
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

 

nandomenai, nothing

Are you saying that you also don't see RoundKPM? I'd like confirmation one way or the other from everyone who installed 1.0.2.0. Do you see RoundKPM or not?

 

EDIT: Thanks EBassie! I was going to lose my mind!

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by kcuestag*:

 

Are you saying that you also don't see RoundKPM? I'd like confirmation one way or the other from everyone who installed 1.0.2.0. Do you see RoundKPM or not?

 

EDIT: Thanks EBassie! I was going to lose my mind!

Yes, just installed the newest version, and I can see the following:

 

Posted Image

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by kcuestag*:

 

So what do you guys think it's best for keeping tight Conquest Large rounds? Determine strong players by SPM? Kills? Score? KPM?

 

I'm wondering what works best for CQL.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by HexaCanon*:

 

Are you saying that you also don't see RoundKPM? I'd like confirmation one way or the other from everyone who installed 1.0.2.0. Do you see RoundKPM or not?

 

EDIT: Thanks EBassie! I was going to lose my mind!

no, i had a stupid question but i removed it.

 

everything is awesome.

 

just can you make the plugin saves logs into a special file other than chat.log or plugin.log

 

 

information like end of round report and all kind of balancing/unstack with round status (no round status spam just put round status with the unstack/balancing).

 

easier to access than waiting for a whole day to open the files.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by HexaCanon*:

 

So what do you guys think it's best for keeping tight Conquest Large rounds? Determine strong players by SPM? Kills? Score? KPM?

 

I'm wondering what works best for CQL.

try SPM for large maps, i am testing KPM for metro only.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

 

just can you make the plugin saves logs into a special file other than chat.log or plugin.log

Added to the wish list for next patch.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by kcuestag*:

 

Getting complaints that players on same squad with same clan tag are still being splitted when unstacking / balancing.

 

Edit:

 

I checked and they are correct:

 

[18:35:34] MB > Doruko666: *** MOVED Doruko666 to unstack teams ...

 

That player has tag "PVTA" and was in same squad as player "Retamal1990" with same clan tag.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

 

Getting complaints that players on same squad with same clan tag are still being splitted when unstacking / balancing.

 

Edit:

 

I checked and they are correct:

 

[18:35:34] MB > Doruko666: *** MOVED Doruko666 to unstack teams ...

 

That player has tag "PVTA" and was in same squad as player "Retamal1990" with same clan tag.

I definitely need to see a Debug Level 7 plugin.log to understand what is going on. I moved the check well ahead of the unstacking code, so I'm not sure what could cause that to happen.

 

Just a sanity check: Same Clan Tags In Squad is set to True, correct?

 

EDIT: Ah, a possible explanation. Doruko666 has two tags. On PC he is PVTA but on XBox he is SDI. It is possible the plugin picked up the SDI tag instead of the PVTA tag. Again, the Debug Level 7 log will prove one way or the other.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by xFaNtASyGiRLx*:

 

This newest version is now installed on the metro layer if you're interested in checking pc9.

 

I did leave everything the same because of the low amount of complaints.

 

Whats interesting is this message from a member (before I installed the newest version)

 

Anol_Secks

08:39AM

Hey the balancing thing is awesome now!!!

You

08:39AM

im glad to hear

:smile:

now join metro since it just crashed :P

Anol_Secks

08:39AM

It kept my buddy's and I in the same squad even when it swapped us sides

sooo not sure if its relevant about the keep clan/sqad/tags/ or whatever it is you guys are discussing here but it apparently works for this server;
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by HexaCanon*:

 

i think this is an iteresting situation, i put my 2000 ticket metro into SPM unstacking.

 

US had around 1500 while RU had something like 600.

 

RU team was able to base rape the US and win.

 

5-14-2013 6-51-50 PM.png

 

you can see RU team had 4xxK total score while US has something around 220k.

 

i think ticket loss rate will be able to determine how the teams are doing and not over-unstack or over buff the losing team.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by EBassie*:

 

Please don't forget to share the settings that are best for your gamemode, so PC9 can add them to this topic:

showthread....ected-Settings*

 

You can 'export' your settings from the plugin itself. At section 9 there is an option called "show in log".

People are most interested in section 3, 4 and 6 and one of the gamemodes

 

To 'export' your 'global' settings, type the section you want to show with "gen 3". (for section 3)

To 'export' the gamemode settings, type: "gen cl" for CQ Large (one of: cs, cl, ctf, gm, r, sqdm, sr, s, tdm, u)

 

You can copy and paste the output in this topic.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

 

Please don't forget to share the settings that are best for your gamemode, so PC9 can add them to this topic:

showthread....ected-Settings*

 

You can 'export' your settings from the plugin itself. At section 9 there is an option called "show in log".

People are most interested in section 3, 4 and 6 and one of the gamemodes

 

To 'export' your 'global' settings, type the section you want to show with "gen 3". (for section 3)

To 'export' the gamemode settings, type: "gen cl" for CQ Large (one of: cs, cl, ctf, gm, r, sqdm, sr, s, tdm, u)

 

You can copy and paste the output in this topic.

Also, when you post some kind of observation or problem report in this thread, include what map/mode, how many players, and max tickets. Thanks!
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by dyn*:

 

Another idea:

 

If keeping squads together during end of round scrambling is not an option, would it be possible to get the list of players who are currently on TeamSpeak from another plugin, say ...*?

 

Because in the end I want to encourage people to play on our TeamSpeak server. If they're not playing with us, or are just sticking to themselves, it's not as important to keep them together. The TeamSync plugin does print (every few seconds) who is currently on TeamSpeak and matches them up with who is on the game server.

 

In addition to the end of round balancing, knowing who is playing with who during the round might be useful as well. This way we don't get the problem of having 12 people all using voice on the US team, and then not having any voice players on the RU team. This would lead to a better balanced game as well.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

 

Another idea:

 

If keeping squads together during end of round scrambling is not an option, would it be possible to get the list of players who are currently on TeamSpeak from another plugin, say ...*?

 

Because in the end I want to encourage people to play on our TeamSpeak server. If they're not playing with us, or are just sticking to themselves, it's not as important to keep them together. The TeamSync plugin does print (every few seconds) who is currently on TeamSpeak and matches them up with who is on the game server.

 

In addition to the end of round balancing, knowing who is playing with who during the round might be useful as well. This way we don't get the problem of having 12 people all using voice on the US team, and then not having any voice players on the RU team. This would lead to a better balanced game as well.

Added to wish list for Version 2.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Our picks

    • Game Server Hosting:

      We're happy to announce that EZRCON will branch out into the game server provider scene. This is a big step for us so please having patience if something doesn't go right in this area. Now, what makes us different compared to other providers? Well, we're going with the idea of having a scaleable server hosting and providing more control in how you set up your server. For example, in Minecraft, you have the ability to control how many CPU cores you wish your server to have access to, how much RAM you want to use, how much disk space you want to use. This type of control can't be offered in a single service package so you're able to configure a custom package the way you want it.

      You can see all the available games here. Currently, we have the following games available.

      Valheim (From $1.50 USD)


      Rust (From $3.20 USD)


      Minecraft (Basic) (From $4.00 USD)


      Call of Duty 4X (From $7.00 USD)


      OpenTTD (From $4.00 USD)


      Squad (From $9.00 USD)


      Insurgency: Sandstorm (From $6.40 USD)


      Changes to US-East:

      Starting in January 2022, we will be moving to a different provider that has better support, better infrastructure, and better connectivity. We've noticed that the connection/routes to this location are not ideal and it's been hard getting support to correct this. Our contract for our two servers ends in March/April respectively. If you currently have servers in this location you will be migrated over to the new provider. We'll have more details when the time comes closer to January. The new location for this change will be based out of Atlanta, GA. If you have any questions/concerns please open a ticket and we'll do our best to answer them.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello All,

      I wanted to give an update to how EZRCON is doing. As of today we have 56 active customers using the services offered. I'm glad its doing so well and it hasn't been 1 year yet. To those that have services with EZRCON, I hope the service is doing well and if not please let us know so that we can improve it where possible. We've done quite a few changes behind the scenes to improve the performance hopefully. 

      We'll be launching a new location for hosting procon layers in either Los Angeles, USA or Chicago, IL. Still being decided on where the placement should be but these two locations are not set in stone yet. We would like to get feedback on where we should have a new location for hosting the Procon Layers, which you can do by replying to this topic. A poll will be created where people can vote on which location they would like to see.

      We're also looking for some suggestions on what else you would like to see for hosting provider options. So please let us know your thoughts on this matter.
      • 4 replies
    • Hi All,

      So seeing as Venice Unleased is released, I'm looking into if I should offer game hosting for it. I would like some feedback on this subject.

      VU - Experience Battlefield 3 like never before! (veniceunleashed.net)
      • 3 replies
    • So as the topic title says, should EZRCON offer general web hosting services?
      • 1 reply
    • Added ability to disable the new API check for player country info


      Updated GeoIP database file


      Removed usage sending stats


      Added EZRCON ad banner



      If you are upgrading then you may need to add these two lines to your existing installation in the file procon.cfg. To enable these options just change False to True.

      procon.private.options.UseGeoIpFileOnly False
      procon.private.options.BlockRssFeedNews False



       
      • 2 replies
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.