MULTIbalancer [1.1.6.0] 30-MAR-2015 + BFHL

Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner*:

The problem I see is when unstacking/balancing phases is at End, I have it to Stop, Stop Stop.

However, what I'd like is the server to keep balancing (So it doesn't go 23vs14 like it just did on our server, even with the Fast Balance enabled...) but NOT unstack during late phase.

Is that possible?

Late phase is supposed to mean point of no return, where a team will be unable to win, why send players to a team for automatic loss during that time?
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by kcuestag*:

Late phase is supposed to mean point of no return, where a team will be unable to win, why send players to a team for automatic loss during that time?

Because if there's a 23vs15 situation like it happened few hours ago on our server, people on the losing team (15 players) will rage quit, making the server empty a lot faster.

Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner*:

Because if there's a 23vs15 situation like it happened few hours ago on our server, people on the losing team (15 players) will rage quit, making the server empty a lot faster.

But the cause of that imbalance comes from earlier in the round, so the solution is to solve that rather that trying to patch it later in the round.

Originally Posted by FISHBONE89*:

At an earlier version showed the correct messages despite Only By Command in on False.

I want to scramble it was always before the new map and be able to activate after the first round

I see. That's reasonable, but not currently available. I'll have to add it to the wish list for the next update.
This option still does not work :sad:

But the cause of that imbalance comes from earlier in the round, so the solution is to solve that rather that trying to patch it later in the round.

True, I am open to suggestions, my settings are above, although I accidentally posted CQS settings, here are CQL settings:

Posted Image

Any suggestions? I'd like it as balanced as possible, but also have any random clan members happy together.

Edit:

Forgot to mention, running default tickets for Conquest Large (800 Tickets).

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

True, I am open to suggestions, my settings are above, although I accidentally posted CQS settings, here are CQL settings:

Any suggestions? I'd like it as balanced as possible, but also have any random clan members happy together.

Edit:

Forgot to mention, running default tickets for Conquest Large (800 Tickets).

Upgrade to 1.1.4.0 and set Late Phase to Slow,Slow,Slow with normal balance. With 1.1.4.0, as long as the speed isn't Stop or UnstackOnly, it will automatically switch to Fast speed (temporarily) when the difference is team counts is 4 or more. That would have dealt with your 23 v 15 situation.

Or, use Admin Kill for Fast Balance and Slow,Slow,Slow, which already kicks in if the difference is 4 or more. The speed doesn't really matter, it just has to not be Stop or UnstackOnly.

This option still does not work :sad:

Sigh. It would have been helpful for you to tell me that a change in 1.1.3.0 wasn't working before I released 1.1.4.0. Now you'll have to wait until some future update.

What exactly have you tried? Spell it out in detail, step by step.

Upgrade to 1.1.4.0 and set Late Phase to Slow,Slow,Slow with normal balance. With 1.1.4.0, as long as the speed isn't Stop or UnstackOnly, it will automatically switch to Fast speed (temporarily) when the difference is team counts is 4 or more. That would have dealt with your 23 v 15 situation.

Will that Unstack as well during the Late Phase? Or just balance for uneven numbered teams?

Thank you!

Edit:

I think I just understood, that the Ticket Percentage to Unstack is the one in charge of doing the unstacking, and if set to 0, it will NOT unstack.

And the Balance Speed, even when at Slow, Slow, Slow, it won't unstack during the Late Phase? Just balance in case it goes uneven in numbers?

Am I getting this right? :tongue:

Will that Unstack as well during the Late Phase? Or just balance for uneven numbered teams?

Thank you!

Edit:

I think I just understood, that the Ticket Percentage to Unstack is the one in charge of doing the unstacking, and if set to 0, it will NOT unstack.

And the Balance Speed, even when at Slow, Slow, Slow, it won't unstack during the Late Phase? Just balance in case it goes uneven in numbers?

Am I getting this right? :tongue:

Right, except for one detail. The speed Stop applies to both balancing and unstacking. Also, the speed UnstackOnly means you don't want to do any balancing, just unstacking. Otherwise, the numbers are for unstacking and the speeds are for balancing.

Right, except for one detail. The speed Stop applies to both balancing and unstacking. Also, the speed UnstackOnly means you don't want to do any balancing, just unstacking. Otherwise, the numbers are for unstacking and the speeds are for balancing.

Great, I set the Late Phase to Slow, Slow, Slow as you suggested. :smile:

All this time I thought this applied to Unstacking too, that's why I had it at Stop, Stop, Stop. /Facepalm.

Good to know, this should make things much better, thank you.

Originally Posted by InDuSOnE*:

Hi

Probably a silly question, but does the intensify mode actually work? I dont see it doing anything on my server. Other modes work fine with messages in chat 'so and so player moved for balance' etc. Intensify doesnt move any players at all.

Hi

Probably a silly question, but does the intensify mode actually work? I dont see it doing anything on my server. Other modes work fine with messages in chat 'so and so player moved for balance' etc. Intensify doesnt move any players at all.

Intensify is a preset, one of several. It's not a mode of operation. All it does is get you started on some settings for the plugin, then it is up to you to tweak and optimize from there, as needed.

The preset uses settings that favor aggressive balancing and unswitching. The preset is also intended to be used with Unstacking enabled, but that then requires a separate effort for tweaking and optimization. See the FAQs about unstacking here:

showthread....d-explanations*

Originally Posted by 397Seth*:

Hi,

I have on question regarding the plug in.

It says

[21:05:21] MULTIbalancer > All: Preparing to autobalance ... (MOVE ON DEATH).

[22:20:37] MULTIbalancer > All: Preparing to autobalance ... (WAITING FOR 1 PLAYERS TO JOIN)

I have however enabled admin kill.

It will also not balance the teams with a gap of two players. I have adjusted the high population to the max limit of the server and set move only low players to false.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Originally Posted by InDuSOnE*:

Intensify is a preset, one of several. It's not a mode of operation. All it does is get you started on some settings for the plugin, then it is up to you to tweak and optimize from there, as needed.

The preset uses settings that favor aggressive balancing and unswitching. The preset is also intended to be used with Unstacking enabled, but that then requires a separate effort for tweaking and optimization. See the FAQs about unstacking here:

Hi

I just use the default settings with the presets, i run a rush only server. I dont use unstacking much. Only wondering if just using the preset also works or i need to make other changes since the other presets seem to work well out of the box. Anyway, ill read a bit more in the FAQ's and let you know.

For aggressive : Early , Mid and Last are Fast,fast,fast

Intensity : Same says adaptive.

What is the difference between the adaptive and Fast?

Also, i dont see the options of 'Max unswaps per round' etc. Have they been removed with the latest release? I run an adaptive ticket count 64 Rush server with 200 tickets max.

Hi,

I have on question regarding the plug in.

It says

[21:05:21] MULTIbalancer > All: Preparing to autobalance ... (MOVE ON DEATH).

[22:20:37] MULTIbalancer > All: Preparing to autobalance ... (WAITING FOR 1 PLAYERS TO JOIN)

I have however enabled admin kill.

It will also not balance the teams with a gap of two players. I have adjusted the high population to the max limit of the server and set move only low players to false.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

I need more information. What is the size (number of players) of the server? What did you set High population to? What mode?

For Admin Kill, the maximum acceptable difference is 3 under normal conditions. If the difference is 3, normal balancing takes over. If it is 2, normal balancing also takes over, unless the population is High. So either way, balancing will happen, it just won't be by admin kill. Why kill and force players to move when you are 1 player away from being balanced? Remember, a difference of 2 players (like 20 v 22) means that only one more player needs to be moved for perfect balance. The normal balancer is perfectly adequate to move one player in a timely manner.

The setting is "Admin Kill for Fast Balance" not for perfect balance. It moves players faster when the difference is larger.

Do you have the balance settings all set to fast? I'm pretty sure that's the only time it actually admin kills.

That's not true, though I admit the name of the setting might suggest that. What is true is that if the speed is Stop, admin kill fast balance is disabled. Other speed settings are ignored (hmm, including UnstackOnly, which is a bug -- I'll have to fix that).

Hi

I just use the default settings with the presets, i run a rush only server. I dont use unstacking much. Only wondering if just using the preset also works or i need to make other changes since the other presets seem to work well out of the box. Anyway, ill read a bit more in the FAQ's and let you know.

For aggressive : Early , Mid and Last are Fast,fast,fast

Intensity : Same says adaptive.

What is the difference between the adaptive and Fast?

Also, i dont see the options of 'Max unswaps per round' etc. Have they been removed with the latest release? I run an adaptive ticket count 64 Rush server with 200 tickets max.

Adaptive starts out Slow but turns into Fast if it takes too long for teams to be balanced (controlled by the Seconds Until Adaptive Speed Becomes Fast setting).

As of the 1.1.3.0 update, all settings that are only about unstacking are hidden if you have Enable Unstacking set to False. That's why you don't see max swaps (you typed 'unswaps', but I assume you meant swaps). That's only useful for unstacking.

All of this stuff is explained in posts #1 and #2 of this thread. You should read all of that. I know it's long, but it's worth it.

Originally Posted by 397Seth*:

I need more information. What is the size (number of players) of the server? What did you set High population to? What mode?

For Admin Kill, the maximum acceptable difference is 3 under normal conditions. If the difference is 3, normal balancing takes over. If it is 2, normal balancing also takes over, unless the population is High. So either way, balancing will happen, it just won't be by admin kill. Why kill and force players to move when you are 1 player away from being balanced? Remember, a difference of 2 players (like 20 v 22) means that only one more player needs to be moved for perfect balance. The normal balancer is perfectly adequate to move one player in a timely manner.

The setting is "Admin Kill for Fast Balance" not for perfect balance. It moves players faster when the difference is larger.

That's not true, though I admit the name of the setting might suggest that. What is true is that if the speed is Stop, admin kill fast balance is disabled. Other speed settings are ignored (hmm, including UnstackOnly, which is a bug -- I'll have to fix that).

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

It's a 32 slot server and I set 32 as high population. The problem occurs on modes obli, rush, conquest (small, large) and domination. I don't use the other game types.

Thanks again

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

It's a 32 slot server and I set 32 as high population. The problem occurs on modes obli, rush, conquest (small, large) and domination. I don't use the other game types.

Thanks again

Hmm, that should have worked, assuming you set Definition of High Population Of Players to 32 for each of those modes. Double check that Maximum Server Size is 32 also.

How many people were in the server at the time you got the normal balancing messages? What were the team counts?

Run with Debug Level set to 5 for a while and if it happens again, post the log for the previous 60 seconds, up through the point where the normal balance move happens. The Status line should say the population size is Medium, in which case there is no way that MaxDiff can be 2. It has to be 1.

Unless ... it has nothing to do with MaxDiff. If all of the players on the team with +2 were exempt or excluded, no balancing would happen. That could happen, depending on how you have set up exclusions. It could also happen if at the time you were looking, the balancer was waiting for new players to join.

Originally Posted by Sabn0ck*:

Hi,

Wondering if anyone could help me out with configuration of this plugin? I've read and reread several times the instructions but I get lost in it.

I run a 64 player(70 slots) CQ server and would like the following set up:

-Keep Clan Tags together

-Keep friends joining on friends together

-Scramble by BL SPM but keep squads and clans together if tick percentage is 133% or more.

-balance for the closest rounds possible with these settings while waiting for death to move

Anyone who can help me with this? I've set it up and running it but not certain I have it config'd properly for this.

If it would be easier, I can give you procon rights to go over things.

Thanks! you guys are awesome!

Hi,

Wondering if anyone could help me out with configuration of this plugin? I've read and reread several times the instructions but I get lost in it.

I run a 64 player(70 slots) CQ server and would like the following set up:

-Keep Clan Tags together

-Scramble by BL SPM but keep squads and clans together if tick percentage is 133% or more.

-balance for the closest rounds possible with these settings while waiting for death to move

Anyone who can help me with this? I've set it up and running it but not certain I have it config'd properly for this.

If it would be easier, I can give you procon rights to go over things.

Thanks! you guys are awesome!

Post your settings, it's easier to help if we have something to look at and check. Post Sections 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 and 8 Conquest (Large_).

You can either screenshot or type each of these commands into Show Command In Log, one at a time, and after each command, copy/paste the log text into a reply post (all commands into one post), removing the timestamp [MULTIbalancer]:0 [show In Log] from the beginning of each line to save space.

gen 1

gen 2

gen 3

gen 4

gen 6

gen cl

Also make sure you Enable Unstacking in section 0 is set to False.

Originally Posted by Sabn0ck*:

Thanks for looking at it PapaCharlie9, I really appreciate it! I have Enable Unstacking: True in Section 0, is it supposed to be False?

Command: gen 1

1 - Settings|Debug Level: 2

1 - Settings|Maximum Server Size: 64

1 - Settings|Enable Battlelog Requests: True

1 - Settings|Which Battlelog Stats: AllTime

1 - Settings|Maximum Request Rate: 15

1 - Settings|Wait Timeout: 30

1 - Settings|Unlimited Team Switching During First Minutes Of Round: 4

1 - Settings|Seconds Until Adaptive Speed Becomes Fast: 120

1 - Settings|Reassign New Players: False

1 - Settings|Enable Admin Kill For Fast Balance: False

1 - Settings|Enable In-Game Commands: True

1 - Settings|Enable Whitelisting Of Reserved Slots List: False

1 - Settings|Whitelist: %5b--+name%2c+tag%2c+or+EA_GUID+--%5d:0

1 - Settings|Friends List: %5b--+name%2c+tag%2c+or+EA_GUID+--%5d

1 - Settings|Disperse Evenly List:

Command: gen 2

2 - Exclusions|On Whitelist: True

2 - Exclusions|On Friends List: False

2 - Exclusions|Top Scorers: True

2 - Exclusions|Same Clan Tags In Squad: True

2 - Exclusions|Same Clan Tags In Team: True

2 - Exclusions|Same Clan Tags For Rank Dispersal: True

2 - Exclusions|Lenient Rank Dispersal: False

2 - Exclusions|Minutes After Joining: 0

2 - Exclusions|Minutes After Being Moved: 60

Command: gen 3

3 - Round Phase and Population Settings|Early Phase: Ticket Percentage To Unstack (Low, Med, High population): 110, 120, 120

3 - Round Phase and Population Settings|Mid Phase: Ticket Percentage To Unstack (Low, Med, High population): 120, 120, 120

3 - Round Phase and Population Settings|Late Phase: Ticket Percentage To Unstack (Low, Med, High population): 0, 0, 0

3 - Round Phase and Population Settings|Spelling Of Speed Names Reminder: Click_Here_For_Speed_Names

3 - Round Phase and Population Settings|Early Phase: Balance Speed (Low, Med, High population): Fast, Fast, Fast

3 - Round Phase and Population Settings|Mid Phase: Balance Speed (Low, Med, High population): Fast, Fast, Fast

3 - Round Phase and Population Settings|Late Phase: Balance Speed (Low, Med, High population): Stop, Stop, Stop

Command: gen 4

4 - Scrambler|Only By Command: False

4 - Scrambler|Only On New Maps: True

4 - Scrambler|Only On Final Ticket Percentage >=: 133

4 - Scrambler|Scramble By: RoundScore

4 - Scrambler|Keep Squads Together: True

4 - Scrambler|Divide By: DispersalGroup

4 - Scrambler|Delay Seconds: 40

Command: gen 6

6 - Unswitcher|Forbid Switching After Autobalance: Always

6 - Unswitcher|Forbid Switching To Winning Team: Always

6 - Unswitcher|Forbid Switching To Biggest Team: Always

6 - Unswitcher|Forbid Switching After Dispersal: Always

6 - Unswitcher|Enable Immediate Unswitch: True

Command: gen cl

8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Max Players: 64

8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Rout Percentage: 200

8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Check Team Stacking After First Minutes: 5

8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Max Unstacking Swaps Per Round: 6

8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Number Of Swaps Per Group: 4

8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Delay Seconds Between Swap Groups: 300

8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Max Unstacking Ticket Difference: 500

8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Enable Unstacking By Player Stats: True

8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Determine Strong Players By: RoundScore

8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Percent Of Top Of Team Is Strong: 25

8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Only Move Weak Players: False

8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Disperse Evenly By Rank >=: 0

8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Disperse Evenly By Clan Players >=: 0

8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Enable Disperse Evenly List: False

8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Enable Low Population Adjustments: False

8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Definition Of High Population For Players >=: 48

8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Definition Of Low Population For Players

8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Definition Of Early Phase As Tickets From Start: 300

8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Definition Of Late Phase As Tickets From End: 200

8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Enable Scrambler: True

8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Enable Metro Adjustments: False

Okay, that's good. Overall I don't see any major problems. You just need some minor changes, mostly in Scrambler settings.

-Keep Clan Tags together

That all looks good.

It's not possible to keep friends joining on friends together. The best you can do is disable the new player reassigment feature so that there is less of a chance that the balancer will split joining friends up. You already have that set to False, so you are good there.

Change Scramble By to BattlelogSPM and unless you run 2 rounds per map of Conquest, change Only On New Maps to False.

While you are at it, you should change Section 8 Determine Strong Players By to RoundSPM, to be consistent with the scrambler settings. You could alternatively make it BattlelogSPM.

You can't keep clans (tags) on the same team AND keep squads together, you have to choose one or the other. You currently have keep squads together. If you set that to False, the other option will be revealed.

Finally, set Divide By to None and Delay Seconds 55, though you may have to experiment a bit. Conquest Large maps take longer to load, so you may have to up that to 60.

Set Percent Of Top Of Team Is Strong to no less than 40.

Otherwise balancing looks good, but "closest rounds possible" would require Unstacking, which is not recommended for now (Enable Unstacking should be False). Get a few days with these settings first and make sure all is working well as far as balancing and scrambling goes. In the mean time, you can read up on what it will take to tune up unstacking in the list of FAQs here:

Originally Posted by IAF-SDS*:

Hi Papa.

Did you mean to say scramble Only On New Maps to TRUE (instead of false)?

Also, why Set Percent Of Top Of Team Is Strong to no less than 40? I have mine set to 25.

Hi Papa.

Did you mean to say scramble Only On New Maps to TRUE (instead of false)?

It only matters if you run more than one round per map, but sure, True is the default, so I guess I shouldn't have suggested changing it without more info.

Also, why Set Percent Of Top Of Team Is Strong to no less than 40? I have mine set to 25.

Because you are making it harder for the plugin to balance or scramble teams. The smaller you make that number, the longer it will take to balance teams when they are unbalanced.

Say you have a 64 slot server and 49 players (High population). Team 1 is winning and the counts are 26 v 23, so autobalance is activated.

Under normal circumstances, the balancer and scrambler divide up each team into strong and weak players. When it comes time to balance a player from the winning team to the losing team, the balancer waits until it sees a strong player on Team 1 die that it can move.

If you make your setting be 50, the pools are evenly divided, so in our example Team 1 has 13 strong players and 13 weak players. Even after removing the top 3 scorers (assuming you have that setting enabled), there are still plenty of strong players to choose from and the probability one will die soon is maximal.

If you make your setting be 25, the pools are skewed way over to the weak side, so in our example Team 1 has 6 strong players and 20 weak players. Remove the top 3 scorers and that leaves you with only 3 players to choose from for balancing to the losing team. It doesn't matter if a dozen weak players die on Team 1, the balancer has to wait for a strong player to die before it can move for balance. Those 3 players may take a relatively long time to die, which means that state of 26 v 23 imbalance will last a long time. Plus, the more exclusions you have, the more likely those 3 players may be excluded by clan tag or join time or whatever. It's probable that there will be 0 eligible players for moving to Team 2, which makes the balancer inoperative.

The plugin doesn't let you set it larger than 50, so there's no worries on the opposite (weak) end.

Setting no lower than 40 is a rule of thumb. If you have relatively large populations 40+ on a 64 slot server, 40 would be okay. If you have less than 40 on average, you should use a larger number.

Originally Posted by Frogtooth*:

If you make your setting be 25, the pools are skewed way over to the weak side, so in our example Team 1 has 6 strong players and 20 weak players. Remove the top 3 scorers and that leaves you with only 3 players to choose from for balancing to the losing team. It doesn't matter if a dozen weak players die on Team 1, the balancer has to wait for a strong player to die before it can move for balance. Those 3 players may take a relatively long time to die, which means that state of 26 v 23 imbalance will last a long time. Plus, the more exclusions you have, the more likely those 3 players may be excluded by clan tag or join time or whatever. It's probable that there will be 0 eligible players for moving to Team 2, which makes the balancer inoperative.

The plugin doesn't let you set it larger than 50, so there's no worries on the opposite (weak) end.

Setting no lower than 40 is a rule of thumb. If you have relatively large populations 40+ on a 64 slot server, 40 would be okay. If you have less than 40 on average, you should use a larger number.

You can completely hamstring the plugin if you put in so many exclusions it has nobody left to work with. It's easy to go through the thought process of "oh, I want friends together, and I want clans together, and I don't want to move a 45th percentile player, and I don't want to move players too often, and the top couple players shouldn't be punished after getting their team ahead..." But raise the debug level a bit and watch the balancer try to do it's thing and you'll see player after player dying, and the balancer coming up with some excuse not to move them. You have to compromise on the exclusions if you want it to be effective.