MULTIbalancer [1.1.6.0] 30-MAR-2015 + BFHL

Originally Posted by Frogtooth*:

How do I stop the plugin from swapping players that are playing really well for there team into the losing team and also players that are playing really bad get moved onto the winning team. I was moved onto the losing team after I had been working with my squad and was on the top of score board and about 35 tickets left I was switched I was gutted!

I'm a little confused as to what you expect the plugin to do. You want it to keep the scores close, but don't want it moving good players or bad players. What's left? If you exclude everybody at the top and everybody at the bottom from moving, there's nobody left to juggle except the middle handful, and swapping several 40th percentile players for 60th percentile players is unlikely to even things out.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by usermac*:

That looks fine, but what did you set Definition of Late Phase As Tickets From End?

we have 48 players Conquest large 800 tickets

I set Definition of Late Phase As Tickets 120.For some reason the plugin moves players and actually unbalances the server we had 10 players 5 aside and then it moved 2 players over so then it was seven vs 3.

Originally Posted by ironwarrior*:

I've been using this plugin for about a week now and it always does the same thing, it starts out working really good and soon as a few rounds have taken place its like it stops working altogether and people start getting pissed and leave because the teams are so unmatched it makes the game lopsided. So why does it start out working then almost seem like it stops? I've had to go back to using TB because its the only other balancer I used and it seems to keep the server balanced and everyone happy. So again, why does this plugin seem to work and then appear to have stopped working a few rounds later?

By the way I run a single map 24/7 48 player server.

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

I've been using this plugin for about a week now and it always does the same thing, it starts out working really good and soon as a few rounds have taken place its like it stops working altogether and people start getting pissed and leave because the teams are so unmatched it makes the game lopsided. So why does it start out working then almost seem like it stops? I've had to go back to using TB because its the only other balancer I used and it seems to keep the server balanced and everyone happy. So again, why does this plugin seem to work and then appear to have stopped working a few rounds later?

By the way I run a single map 24/7 48 player server.

What does the plugin log say when you think it stops working? You'll need to set the Debug Level to 5 to get enough detail to figure out what is going on.

Originally Posted by SmackDown*:

I have been using this plugin for about a year now and really enjoy it. But I have been wondering if I have the settings set the best way for my servers. I run multiple servers, but I would like a few suggests as to what most people thing would be the best settings for a 32 Player TDM and a 32 player Large Conquest servers.

The plugin seems to work for me, but I am not sure if I am getting the best results with it with the settings that I am using. I am looking to keeps the scores close, and I don't mind if players get switched at the end of the round to do it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks...

I have been using this plugin for about a year now and really enjoy it. But I have been wondering if I have the settings set the best way for my servers. I run multiple servers, but I would like a few suggests as to what most people thing would be the best settings for a 32 Player TDM and a 32 player Large Conquest servers.

The plugin seems to work for me, but I am not sure if I am getting the best results with it with the settings that I am using. I am looking to keeps the scores close, and I don't mind if players get switched at the end of the round to do it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks...

The best way to get tips for improvement is to post your settings. You can either screenshot or use the gen command (for "generate settings log") in Show Command In Log. For example, to log out the settings for section 1, type gen 1 and press Enter. To log out the settings for Team Deathmatch, type gen tdm and press Enter. You will need to have plugin logging enable for this to work.

Do separate posts for your TDM server and your Conquest Large server.

It's also a good idea to read all the FAQS:

showthread....d-explanations*

The best way to get tips for improvement is to post your settings. You can either screenshot or use the gen command (for "generate settings log") in Show Command In Log. For example, to log out the settings for section 1, type gen 1 and press Enter. To log out the settings for Team Deathmatch, type gen tdm and press Enter. You will need to have plugin logging enable for this to work.

Do separate posts for your TDM server and your Conquest Large server.

It's also a good idea to read all the FAQS:

showthread....d-explanations*

Thank you for your response and Sorry for my delay in getting back to you. Here are the screen shots of my TDM and Large Conquest servers.

I just want to make sure I am using the plugin to it best abilities.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Conquest settings.jpgTDM Settings.jpg

Thank you for your response and Sorry for my delay in getting back to you. Here are the screen shots of my TDM and Large Conquest servers.

I just want to make sure I am using the plugin to it best abilities.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Conquest settings.jpgTDM Settings.jpg

That's a start, but I need to see sections 0 through 4 and 6 as well.

That's a start, but I need to see sections 0 through 4 and 6 as well.

Sorry for the delay in responding back to you, I have been away due to the holidays.

As requested, here are the additional settings that you needed.

Again, thank you for taking your time to look at my settings.

TDM 1.jpgTDM 2.jpgConquest 1.jpgConquest 2.jpg

Sorry for the delay in responding back to you, I have been away due to the holidays.

As requested, here are the additional settings that you needed.

Again, thank you for taking your time to look at my settings.

TDM 1.jpgTDM 2.jpgConquest 1.jpgConquest 2.jpg

Ok, for your Section 8 Conquest and TDM settings, change Enable Scrambler to True.

For TDM only, change Determine Strong Players by to RoundKills.

In Section 4 Scrambler for both, change Only On New Maps: to False.

For TDM only, change Scramble By to RoundKills.

Also for both, consider changing Keep Squads Together to False, but expect lots of complaining. If there is too much complaining or you don't want to deal with any complaints, leave it set to True.

Everything else looks good.

Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner*:

Hello search for good set for metro/locker 64 players any one have?

Metro and lockers are balanced differently for optimal results. I'll give you our values for metro once i get home though.

Ok, for your Section 8 Conquest and TDM settings, change Enable Scrambler to True.

For TDM only, change Determine Strong Players by to RoundKills.

In Section 4 Scrambler for both, change Only On New Maps: to False.

For TDM only, change Scramble By to RoundKills.

Also for both, consider changing Keep Squads Together to False, but expect lots of complaining. If there is too much complaining or you don't want to deal with any complaints, leave it set to True.

Everything else looks good.

Thank you so much for your time.

Happy New Year to you and your family.

I will be grateful :smile:

Here are our settings for 24/7 metro conquest 1000 tickets. Important settings marked. We use a dynamic dispersion list though, so some settings reflect that. If you have any questions about why certain settings are set that way, please ask.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Originally Posted by Chelrid*:

hi, i get this erros since i add a new player of us to the reserved Slot list in procon

[11:09:24 60] [MULTIbalancer]:1 WARNING: Skipping unknown Whitelist code , in item: xXFloppy87

how can i fix this?

hi, i get this erros since i add a new player of us to the reserved Slot list in procon

how can i fix this?

You probably put more than one name on a line. Make sure there is only one name per line, like if you have Chelrid and xXFloppy87 in the list, it should look like this:

Code:

Chelrid
xXFloppy87
Make sure there is nothing else after each name other than a newline.

Originally Posted by Chelrid*:

hi, i don't add the member in the multibalancer. i add the member, how all the others in the Procon Reserved Slot List. and i add a other member like this. and this member works. only the Member in the issue dont work.

Originally Posted by BC_Smash*:

Hi, is there a way to get the Balancer to balance the player with the least amount of time on the server first? Alot of times we will be playing as a squad and one of us will be balanced over while someone who just joined remains. Can be kind of annoying.

Thanks!

Hi, is there a way to get the Balancer to balance the player with the least amount of time on the server first? Alot of times we will be playing as a squad and one of us will be balanced over while someone who just joined remains. Can be kind of annoying.

Thanks!

Yes and no.

Check to make sure Reassign New Players is set to True. What that setting does is preferentially move players who are still waiting to join before players who are already playing.

But once players are playing, there's no way to ensure that the players with the least amount of time in the server are moved first. The best you can do is remove the exclusion which prevents new players from being moved (in order to prevent someone joining on a friend from being moved to the opposite team because they just joined).

This is controlled by the Minutes After Joining exclusion. If you set that to 0, new joiners are fair game for moving.

Finally, if you set the exclusion Same Clan Tags In Squad and Same Clan Tags In Team to True, you reduce the chance of your clan mates being moved out of your squad. This is assuming you have the same clan tags.

Originally Posted by flat*:

First of all, I've been looking for an SQDM server to do some testing and, heck, playing on. If you are willing, PM me your game server host name/ip address, port and password. I'll only do passive monitoring with logging, no interference with your current setup.

There's something you can try that is already built-in. It won't do exactly what you want, but it's worth a try. You can automatically disable the balancer and the unswitcher when the total number of players are below a specified count. Then you can organize your teams however you want. The downside is that if you have set the level to X, as soon as the X+1 player joins, everyone will get moved to level out the teams.

If you set your Definition of Low Population For Players to 9, and set your Section 3 Early, Mid and Late phase Balance Speeds to Stop (see below), you'll be able to arrange yourselves into up to 4v4 without worrying about the balancer messing it up. Just chose a number for Definition of Low that is one higher than the PvP you want. Of course, once the (2P+1)+1 player joins, the balancer will kick in and level all four teams. The first two teams won't be protected. I know that's not what you wanted, but like I said, try this first.

Change your section 3 Balance Speeds to:

Early: Stop, Slow, Slow

Mid: Stop, Slow, Slow

Late: Stop, Stop, Stop

Setting to Stop for Low Population is what deactivates the balancer and unswitcher (oh, make sure you set the new Enable Low Population Adjustments setting to True also in the SQDM settings)! Also, set SQDM Only Move Weak Players to True. That combination of settings should minimize the chance that the original players will be balanced and that mostly new players will be moved into the empty teams. It's not a guarantee, though.

As you guessed, changing the code to leave players in place and only move new players would be a big change. It's not impossible, but work I'd like to avoid if the above is close enough.

Uh, you mean for a server with max 16 players? If you have more than max 16, it's not possible, of course, unless you want MB to kick extra players ... If you mean that as long as max is 16, cap every team to max 4 players, sure, that's doable. Kind of the opposite of the previous request, right?

The balancer's strategy does try to keep the teams as close to each other as possible. No two teams should have more than 1 player difference. That means that with exactly 12 players, it has to be 3v3v3v3, since every other arrangement has at least a difference of 2 between at least two teams. An arrangement like 6v2v2v2 shouldn't last long. Barring exclusions/exemptions, as always.

It wouldn't be too hard to change the code to look at some new setting, SQDM Max Team Size or something like that, and once a team reaches that size, no new players will be allowed to move into that team and the balancer will lock it down, no one in or out, unless someone leaves. If you want, you can add a wish list request here:

https://github.com/PapaCharlie9/mult...e=1&state=open

No promises on when I'd get around to it, though. And I hope you don't want both requests to work a the same time, allow 6v6v0v0 until there are 13 players, THEN cap every team at 4.

Hi Popa Remember me from BF3 and SQDM. I would be more than happy to offer our sqdm server for testing. PM me and I'll shoot you all the info.

Hello search for good set for Noshahr Canals/Team DM 16 players any one have?

I will be grateful thank you.

Do you really need an auto balancer for 16 players?

If you are sure you need autobalancing, follow the instructions below, but use the Aggressive preset:

1) Set Use Round Phase, Population and Exclusions Preset to Aggressive at the top of the plugin settings.

2) Set Enable Unstacking to False.

3) Set Reassign New Players to True.

4) Set Enable Admin Kill For Fast Balance to True.

5) Review plugin section 5. Messages and change any messages you don't like.

6) Find Team Deathmatch in Section 8 and review the settings. Adjust the Max Players and Definition Of ... settings as needed. Or, Enable Settings Wizard in Section 0, fill in the form that is displayed, and then change Apply Settings Changes to True, to have the plugin set up your per-mode settings automatically.

7) That's it! You are good to go.

FAQ

Go here for Frequently Asked Questions and more in-depth descriptions of settings and how to use them*. The descriptions below are intended as quick reference material, to remind you about things you already understand. For more in-depth understanding of what they mean and how they work, see the FAQ or ask questions in this thread.

Forked and pushed a commit of the balance patch I added some months ago, this has been running on our servers without issue for that time.

Please review the description, and post any questions you have about why certain changes were made. I am looking to eventually have this issued as a pull request.

https://github.com/ColColonCleaner/m...db358efebbb98b

Forked and pushed a commit of the balance patch I added some months ago, this has been running on our servers without issue for that time.

Please review the description, and post any questions you have about why certain changes were made. I am looking to eventually have this issued as a pull request.

https://github.com/ColColonCleaner/m...db358efebbb98b

Well, one immediate comment is that the:

Code:

//If target team winning, and target team losing tickets slower, don't disperse to target team
block of code should be inside the previous if clause. It should come right after the

Code:

// don't move strong player to winning team
block of code. Also don't use the word "disperse" when you mean "move". Dispersal has a specific meaning in this code.

Second comment: GetAverageTicketLossRate(toTeam, false) and GetAverageTicketLossRate(player.Team, false) are constants in that block of code, so put each in a variable so you don't have to call the function multiple times.

Likewise:

Code:

Math.Abs(GetAverageTicketLossRate(toTeam, false)) < Math.Abs(GetAverageTicketLossRate(player.Team, false))
you can use the same two variables here.

Finally, all of the ticket loss rate stuff should still be conditional on EnableTicketLossRatio. If I consider any of these changes at all, it will only be as an option that users can disable. Will be disabled by default. That means uncommenting this commented out code:

Code:

// lstReturn.Add(new CPluginVariable("8 - Settings for " + sm + "|" + sm + ": " + "Enable Ticket Loss Ratio", oneSet.EnableTicketLossRatio.GetType(), oneSet.EnableTicketLossRatio)); // disable for this release
And find all the && false conditions where I disabled the test for that flag.

Well, one immediate comment is that the:

Code:

//If target team winning, and target team losing tickets slower, don't disperse to target team
block of code should be inside the previous if clause. It should come right after the

Code:

// don't move strong player to winning team
block of code. Also don't use the word "disperse" when you mean "move". Dispersal has a specific meaning in this code.

Second comment: GetAverageTicketLossRate(toTeam, false) and GetAverageTicketLossRate(player.Team, false) are constants in that block of code, so put each in a variable so you don't have to call the function multiple times.

Likewise:

Code:

Math.Abs(GetAverageTicketLossRate(toTeam, false)) < Math.Abs(GetAverageTicketLossRate(player.Team, false))
you can use the same two variables here.

Finally, all of the ticket loss rate stuff should still be conditional on EnableTicketLossRatio. If I consider any of these changes at all, it will only be as an option that users can disable. Will be disabled by default. That means uncommenting this commented out code:

Code:

// lstReturn.Add(new CPluginVariable("8 - Settings for " + sm + "|" + sm + ": " + "Enable Ticket Loss Ratio", oneSet.EnableTicketLossRatio.GetType(), oneSet.EnableTicketLossRatio)); // disable for this release
And find all the && false conditions where I disabled the test for that flag.
Hmmm. Maybe this is the wrong approach altogether? Maybe ticket rate loss detection should be a separate plugin, so that multiple different plugins could benefit from it? Like if Insane Limits or ProconRulz wanted to detect a baserape/no flags situation in Conquest. Or if some new plugin wanted to disable Rush mode because one team keeps running over the other team.

Being separate would allow for more experimentation with different algorithms. And, selfishly, it will be less clutter in the MB settings. All it would need is the enable/disable flag and the rest is done by calls to a third party plugin.

Originally Posted by MRniceGuy*:

Hi

the plugin was working fine on another server before

now i have installed on another server its enabled but it doesnt balance anyone and i cant even see any balance messages

there is not only one admin using the server procon i think someone messed with the settings

how can i completely remove it and reinstall it again!?

i tried to remove the MULTIbalancer.cs and restarting the procon layer then i put it back but the settings came back as it was

also when i enable it it says WARNING: BattlelogCache is not supported for BF4 yet! is it normal?

Originally Posted by 397Seth*:

Hi,

I just enabled unstacking and did it according to your FAQ and guide for an TDM Server.

My debug lvl 4 shows:

Code:

22:22:21 79] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: Map = Caspian Border 2014, mode = Conquest Large, time in round = 00:20:33, tickets = 329/190 <- [600]
[22:22:21 79] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: Ticket difference = 139, ticket ratio percentage is 173%, score 61157/66348
[22:22:21 79] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: Autobalance is not active, phase = Mid, population = High, speed = Adaptive, unstack when ratio >= 120%
[22:22:21 79] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: Team counts [32] = 16(US) vs 16(RU), with 0 unassigned, 0 commanders, 0 spectators
[22:22:21 79] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: Team difference = 0
Why does it say Autobalance is not active?

And why does it not unstack if ratio >=120 while it is 139?

The end result was:

Code:

[22:28:23] [MULTIbalancer]:4 CHAT to all: *** Teams will be SCRAMBLED next round!
[22:28:24] [MULTIbalancer]:2 FINAL STATUS FOR PREVIOUS ROUND:
[22:28:24] [MULTIbalancer]:2 Status: Winner was team 1 (US)
[22:28:24] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: Map = Caspian Border 2014, mode = Conquest Large, time in round = 00:03:28, tickets = 203/0 <- [256]
[22:28:24] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: Ticket difference = 203, ticket ratio percentage is 483%, score 92716/89875
[22:28:24] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: Autobalance is not active, phase = Late, population = High, speed = Stop, unstack when ratio >= 0%
[22:28:24] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: 0/0 raged, 0 reassigned, 0 balanced, 0 unstacked, 0 unswitched, 0 excluded, 0 exempted, 0 failed; of 75 TOTAL
[22:28:24] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: Team counts [32] = 16(US) vs 16(RU), with 0 unassigned, 0 commanders, 0 spectators
[22:28:24] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: Team difference = 0
Before I enabled unstacking the reasigning etc. worked, now nothing works.

I get result of 300/0 all the time.

Any clue what I do wrong?

Hi

the plugin was working fine on another server before

now i have installed on another server its enabled but it doesnt balance anyone and i cant even see any balance messages

there is not only one admin using the server procon i think someone messed with the settings

how can i completely remove it and reinstall it again!?

i tried to remove the MULTIbalancer.cs and restarting the procon layer then i put it back but the settings came back as it was

also when i enable it it says WARNING: BattlelogCache is not supported for BF4 yet! is it normal?

It is normal to get the warning for BattlelogCache.

You will have to find your plugin settings. Shutdown Procon, then find the plugin settings file. It should be in procon/Configs/(ip_port)/MULTIbalancer.cfg, where (ip_port) is the ip address and port number of your Procon connection. Make a backup copy of the MULTIbalancer.cfg file in some other directory and then delete the original file. Now restart. All settings should be reset to default.

If you are using a layer, all of the above MUST happen on your layer host.

Hi,

I just enabled unstacking and did it according to your FAQ and guide for an TDM Server.

My debug lvl 4 shows:

Code:

22:22:21 79] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: Map = Caspian Border 2014, mode = Conquest Large, time in round = 00:20:33, tickets = 329/190 <- [600]
[22:22:21 79] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: Ticket difference = 139, ticket ratio percentage is 173%, score 61157/66348
[22:22:21 79] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: Autobalance is not active, phase = Mid, population = High, speed = Adaptive, unstack when ratio >= 120%
[22:22:21 79] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: Team counts [32] = 16(US) vs 16(RU), with 0 unassigned, 0 commanders, 0 spectators
[22:22:21 79] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: Team difference = 0
Why does it say Autobalance is not active?

And why does it not unstack if ratio >=120 while it is 139?

The end result was:

Code:

[22:28:23] [MULTIbalancer]:4 CHAT to all: *** Teams will be SCRAMBLED next round!
[22:28:24] [MULTIbalancer]:2 FINAL STATUS FOR PREVIOUS ROUND:
[22:28:24] [MULTIbalancer]:2 Status: Winner was team 1 (US)
[22:28:24] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: Map = Caspian Border 2014, mode = Conquest Large, time in round = 00:03:28, tickets = 203/0 <- [256]
[22:28:24] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: Ticket difference = 203, ticket ratio percentage is 483%, score 92716/89875
[22:28:24] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: Autobalance is not active, phase = Late, population = High, speed = Stop, unstack when ratio >= 0%
[22:28:24] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: 0/0 raged, 0 reassigned, 0 balanced, 0 unstacked, 0 unswitched, 0 excluded, 0 exempted, 0 failed; of 75 TOTAL
[22:28:24] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: Team counts [32] = 16(US) vs 16(RU), with 0 unassigned, 0 commanders, 0 spectators
[22:28:24] [MULTIbalancer]:0 Status: Team difference = 0
Before I enabled unstacking the reasigning etc. worked, now nothing works.

I get result of 300/0 all the time.

Any clue what I do wrong?

You are doing something right because your 32 slot server is full the whole round. :smile: If the server is full, autobalance is disabled and unstacking is not possible, since there is no room to swap players.