MULTIbalancer [1.1.6.0] 30-MAR-2015 + BFHL

Originally Posted by Mamba334*:

For server setup, you choose between Ranked and Official (and Unranked and Private). If you have Ranked, it should work fine.

Post your settings in screenshots. Maybe you don't have the right settings enabled?

I will when I get home. I'm at work, sorry. I saw the True Balancer tutorial the guy made and I was going to try that to see if that would work.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by naurel*:

1 - Settings:

Unlimited Team Switching During First Minutes Of Round: 0

Reassign New Players: True

Enable Admin Kill For Fast Balance: True

3 - Round Phase and Population Settings

(Set all Balance Speeds to Fast)

6 - Unswitcher:

(Set all settings to Always, and Enable Immediate Unswitch to True)

8 - Settings for (your mode)

Only Move Weak Players: False

Enable Disperse Evenly List: True

Ok so I did that but I think it's keeping moving the last one who die and not the last one who joined. So people even if they are on the server for 1hour are still balanced between team.

Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner*:

If we use scrambler divide by "DispersalGroup" but aren't using the 1 or 2 prefixes on players in the dispers list it will just split the whole group between teams right?

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

If we use scrambler divide by "DispersalGroup" but aren't using the 1 or 2 prefixes on players in the dispers list it will just split the whole group between teams right?

No, afraid not. That setting only applies to groups 1 and 2.

Ok so I did that but I think it's keeping moving the last one who die and not the last one who joined. So people even if they are on the server for 1hour are still balanced between team.

I forgot a setting.

Select Fast Balance By: Newest

Also, if you want to make sure that people playing more than N minutes are not moved, set this exclusion. For example, people playing less than 10 minutes are still pretty new, right? So set:

Minutes After Joining: 10

WARNING: With all these settings, your server may remain unbalanced for a long time, maybe a whole round. If you don't have any new people join and everyone has been in the round for more than 10 minutes, no one can be moved.

Can anyone tell me if these settings are ok?

Attachment 3826

Unstacking is not going to be effective on 32 player Domination. What's your average length of round? About 10 minutes? That's not enough time. Unstacking is best for 64 player Conquest.

Since you have Admin Kill enabled, you might as well set all of your balance speeds to Fast instead of Adaptive

No, afraid not. That setting only applies to groups 1 and 2.

So it will not disperse people during scramble? Doesn't that mean it will then constantly have to balance those people out at round start? This would explain why dispersal players are being moved at round start constantly.

Originally Posted by iraqiboy90*:

Unstacking is not going to be effective on 32 player Domination. What's your average length of round? About 10 minutes? That's not enough time. Unstacking is best for 64 player Conquest.

Since you have Admin Kill enabled, you might as well set all of your balance speeds to Fast instead of Adaptive

I have another server with the same settings with 48 slots.

But putting all of them to fast, doesnt that piss alot of people?

I have another server with the same settings with 48 slots.

But putting all of them to fast, doesnt that piss alot of people?

IIRC fast doesn't move more people, it just acts faster when it detects a problem/imbalance. All players still have their respective timeouts for balance. Slow will prevent the balancer from overcompensating for issues it notices.

Originally Posted by naurel*:

I forgot a setting.

Select Fast Balance By: Newest

Also, if you want to make sure that people playing more than N minutes are not moved, set this exclusion. For example, people playing less than 10 minutes are still pretty new, right? So set:

Minutes After Joining: 10

WARNING: With all these settings, your server may remain unbalanced for a long time, maybe a whole round. If you don't have any new people join and everyone has been in the round for more than 10 minutes, no one can be moved.

Was already like that, I still have doubt that it move the last joined player. My server have a good turn over, so the 10mins wont be a problem. I don't realy care anymore about having a good balance, people will always complain. I've the Diperse Evenly List to forbid too good players to play togeither it's enough I think.

Edit : another problem Here is what my Disperse list looks like : Posted Image And FM5 and ACE platoons are still playing togeither. Did I miss something ? Do I need to enable something ?

• 2 weeks later...

Does this work on Hardline?

Probably not.

DICE has been working on building autobalancing into the game server. BFH might be the first server where this is available. Check it out.

Originally Posted by dmmaciag*:

Probably not.

DICE has been working on building autobalancing into the game server. BFH might be the first server where this is available. Check it out.

I will have to look for this option as our servers aren't autobalancing currently...but I will take a look. That would be great if they implemented more of the basic admin stuff like autobalance and things like that so we wouldn't have to rely on plugins so much.

Originally Posted by TimSad*:

It works on BFH

minus the game modes etc being in here and setup correctly.

I'm not able to get the end of round scrambler to work. How about you? I am aware that Conquest Large is now called TurfWarLarge0 so therefore I have the scrambler enabled for "Unknown or New Mode"...

Posted Image

So there are no plans to update the plugin for BF:H?

Close to no plans. If I can get the official list of modes, I'll update the list for Section 8 settings.

But for problems like the Scrambler not working, I can't offer much hope. I haven't bought BFH nor am I planning to. Which means I don't have anything to test with. It took a couple of weeks of daily work and testing to get Scrambler to work on BF4. I don't have time to do that again BFH. Particularly if DICE is going to introduce built-in autobalancing at some point -- I'd just be wasting my time.

That said, if competent plugin devs want to make changes (Pull Request on Github branch next), I'll consider integrating them and releasing an update.

EDIT: Hmm, looks like BFH has a Team Deathmatch. The mode name is identical to BF4, so TDM probably works without any changes.

Originally Posted by dyn*:

Well, well, well...

Using the old "I'm not buying it so I can't test it" excuse I see? Well -- that will not work here!

We've heard this excuse from 2 enterprising developers who work on another software package and we were able to bribe... errr... convince them to continue working on their respective packages by ensuring they had copies of the game. So now you try to take the easy way out and blaming it on lack of game? I THINK NOT, SIR. :P :P :P :P :P

Just like the other developers your work, support, examples, help, and your general friendliness and unselfish nature to share your knowledge, and I think I can speak for other server admins here, is paramount to providing a good experience to the thousands of guests we all see on our servers each and everyday.

If the reason you are not able to test for compatibility is due to lack of a copy of a game, I will personally ensure my group comes up with the funds to buy a copy of the game for you and to ensure you have access to your own test server. Since Origin was giving us issues the other day buying the game, we send you a code from Green Man Gaming to your MyRcon.com forum mailbox later tonight.

I'm hopeful that the game is the one item holding you back. If, however, you're no longer interested in supporting your plugins for future games that is entirely understandable.

Will you accept a copy of Hardline?

I will ensure the base game is covered. Do we need to ensure other volunteers support the developers of several key ProCon Plugins with Premium for Hardline?

Originally Posted by EBassie*:

Probably not.

Well... I don't think Hardline has a working 'live balancer' at the moment, so it would be really nice if we could use Multibalancer on the new modes as well.

BloodMoney:

This one is a bit different.

Criminals must loot a vault and the money can be stolen back by the cops.

Not sure how the winner is selected. haven't played it yet.

Heist:

Kinda behaves like one stage of RUSH. Criminals (attackers) must secure two bags of cash while their tickets drain from getting killed.

Hotwire:

Conquest with mobile flags

Crosshair & Rescue are two competitive modes for only 10 players.

But... there is a but.

Currently Hardline does not show the scores over RCON for modes other than the Conquest modes:

showthread....-Server-Issues*

So as long if that is the case you cant scramble based on score anyways...

And... There is a problem with the round phases for that matter as well.

Well, well, well...

Using the old "I'm not buying it so I can't test it" excuse I see? Well -- that will not work here!

We've heard this excuse from 2 enterprising developers who work on another software package and we were able to bribe... errr... convince them to continue working on their respective packages by ensuring they had copies of the game. So now you try to take the easy way out and blaming it on lack of game? I THINK NOT, SIR. :P :P :P :P :P

Just like the other developers your work, support, examples, help, and your general friendliness and unselfish nature to share your knowledge, and I think I can speak for other server admins here, is paramount to providing a good experience to the thousands of guests we all see on our servers each and everyday.

If the reason you are not able to test for compatibility is due to lack of a copy of a game, I will personally ensure my group comes up with the funds to buy a copy of the game for you and to ensure you have access to your own test server. Since Origin was giving us issues the other day buying the game, we send you a code from Green Man Gaming to your MyRcon.com forum mailbox later tonight.

I'm hopeful that the game is the one item holding you back. If, however, you're no longer interested in supporting your plugins for future games that is entirely understandable.

Will you accept a copy of Hardline?

I will ensure the base game is covered. Do we need to ensure other volunteers support the developers of several key ProCon Plugins with Premium for Hardline?

Well now I'm forced to avoid doing anything to support BFH ... who can live up to a reputation like that? :smile:

Thank you for your kind offer and your too kind words. If it was just about getting a copy of the game, it would be party time, but it's not really about that. It's mainly that I don't have time to spend working on plugins these days.

I'll see what I can do. Small changes, like updating the game modes for Section 8 I can fit in here and there. But even for simple stuff like that, I need access to a couple of test servers, preferably mixed mode ones so that I can test a little on each mode.

PM me with RCON details, if you are interested in helping. This applies to anyone reading this reply.

EDIT: I can get access to the docs, but actual experience beats known-to-be-inaccurate docs. What would be an extremely great help is if someone could tell me what the recommended/max number of players are for each of the modes:

TurfwarLarge0 =

TurfWarSmall0 =

Hostage0 =

Hit0 =

Heist0 =

TeamDeathMatch0 =

Hotwire0 =

BloodMoney0 =

Also, any details like @EBassie added in his post wouldn't hurt. Like if some mode starts with 4 players on one team and 44 on the other on purpose, that would be good to know. :smile: Also, are there squads and if so, what is the max size of a squad?

TurfwarLarge0 = 64

TurfWarSmall0 = 32

Hostage0 = 10

Hit0 = 10

Heist0 = 32

TeamDeathMatch0 = 64 *

Hotwire0 = 32

BloodMoney0 = 32

* I got that one from the docs. I really thought it was designed for 24-32 players. The spawns are soooo bad with 64 players :smile:

At the moment these values are not locked, but I'm pretty sure this will happen soon ™ for some modes.

Sauce:

https://twitter.com/dirtydeathdog/st...10644807671808

https://twitter.com/dirtydeathdog/st...11831006679040

* I got that one from the docs. I really thought it was designed for 24-32 players. The spawns are soooo bad with 64 players :smile:

At the moment these values are not locked, but I'm pretty sure this will happen soon ™ for some modes.

Sauce:

Thanks. I guess I should wait a bit for a) confirmation from real play and, B) DICE to make up their minds? Or I guess I could default the 64's to be 32 to be safe. They can be changed in settings, just a default, so nothing lost.

Thanks. I guess I should wait a bit for a) confirmation from real play and, B) DICE to make up their minds? Or I guess I could default the 64's to be 32 to be safe. They can be changed in settings, just a default, so nothing lost.

The biggest problem, even if you are able to add the gamemodes: We don't know the score...

So you can only balance teams to even them in player count.

No unstacking, no scramble. Nothing.

I do hope it's a bug...

Will see if I can get the attention of some devs at Visceral about this.

Originally Posted by dmmaciag*:

Sauce:

These are the information that was given to us by our server host as well.

Hi

Is it possible to do Idler/Seeders dispersal?

I dont want to add players to the list where they will be dispersed all the time, regardless of being idlers or not...

Hi

Is it possible to do Idler/Seeders dispersal?

I dont want to add players to the list where they will be dispersed all the time, regardless of being idlers or not...

Not with this plugin alone. There is another plugin that does idler balancing, but I don't recall the name or link, sorry.

Not with this plugin alone. There is another plugin that does idler balancing, but I don't recall the name or link, sorry.

If this is the one you are talking about: myrcon.net/.../balanceserverseeders-distribute-server-seeding-players

According to the description, it does a normal dispersal, just like Multibalancer, regardless if they are idling or not, or am I wrong?

Originally Posted by Phractal*:

The biggest problem, even if you are able to add the gamemodes: We don't know the score...

So you can only balance teams to even them in player count.

No unstacking, no scramble. Nothing.

I do hope it's a bug...

Will see if I can get the attention of some devs at Visceral about this.

Unfortunately even the balancing on player count does not seem to work on Blood Money. Haven't tested Hotwire or Heist. Conquest works fine as far as evening out the player count goes.