Advanced In-Game Admin and Ban Enforcer - AdKats

Message added by Prophet731,

If you've been banned from a server then you will need to appeal the ban with the owners/community of that server. We do not control any bans done on servers that utilize AdKats as all bans are local to that server.

Originally Posted by iraqiboy90*:

• Added role power level, and disallowed certain commands from being issued from a lower power level player on a higher power level player. Commands such as kick/ban/mute/pull/mark/etc.
How do I control this option? and where do I see how much power level I have?
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Plugin Developer

Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner*:

ups, i messed up, i acidently ban my self with !ban, how can i unban my self from our server.

If you have ban enforcer enabled, use /unban yourname from procon's chat tab, or use the mini ban management section to find/remove your ban. If you don't have ban enforcer enabled, unban yourself through procon like any other ban.

Originally Posted by iraqiboy90*:

Power level is (# non-admin commands you can access) + (2 * # admin commands you can access). This only applies to certain commands. There are no options for it at this time.

Would be nice to have control on this option, or make it something like the one on source-games where there is an "Immunity Level" that you can define with selectable options of if the role would be protected or not.

Meanwhile, I commented out the fmove/move commands so my admins can move me for balance.

Originally Posted by swats73*:

There is no code in AdKats that removes/deletes records, something else is deleting your records.

this is the 3rd time it has happened in last few weeks?

so far I have done a virus scan after first time and changed passwords and after 2nd time I have done a full reinstall just incase something is hiding and happened again yesterday. have now reinstalled all servers and addons but am worried it will happen again.

servers and MySQL are all hosted on fragnet.

addons running are :-

AdKats

Adaptive server size (to announce new players)

Adaptive Tickets

Procon stats

Latancy manager

Server kills

VoteBan

MetaBans

Procon Rules

True Balancer

VoteMap

at first I thought hack but after asking fragnet to monitor connections only IPs where mine and servers

• Plugin Developer

this is the 3rd time it has happened in last few weeks?

so far I have done a virus scan after first time and changed passwords and after 2nd time I have done a full reinstall just incase something is hiding and happened again yesterday. have now reinstalled all servers and addons but am worried it will happen again.

servers and MySQL are all hosted on fragnet.

addons running are :-

AdKats

Adaptive server size (to announce new players)

Adaptive Tickets

Procon stats

Latancy manager

Server kills

VoteBan

MetaBans

Procon Rules

True Balancer

VoteMap

at first I thought hack but after asking fragnet to monitor connections only IPs where mine and servers

I just checked through the code again, there are no delete queries for that table in the source code. It's not that this could be an anomaly or malfunction on the plugin's end, it simply cannot happen from within the plugin, the code does not exist there.
  • Plugin Developer

Would be nice to have control on this option, or make it something like the one on source-games where there is an "Immunity Level" that you can define with selectable options of if the role would be protected or not.

Meanwhile, I commented out the fmove/move commands so my admins can move me for balance.

Options might come soon, put in a ticket for it.

Originally Posted by wdfstryfe*:

I've noticed today that performance has been a bit slow, not sure if it's my connection to the servers or the adkats update. What kind of hardware specs you recommend for 2 servers using SQL? The SQL itself is on a different server on the same VM.

• Plugin Developer

I've noticed today that performance has been a bit slow, not sure if it's my connection to the servers or the adkats update. What kind of hardware specs you recommend for 2 servers using SQL? The SQL itself is on a different server on the same VM.

Are both of your servers being controlled through the same instance of procon?
  • Plugin Developer

@colcoloncleaner

Stupid question, how was it anyway possible that i could ban my self by typing only !ban ,and nothing else, if i type !kill ,ok, i kill my self ,but for ban ?

"Any action command given with no parameters (e.g. '!kill') will target the speaker. If admins want to kill, kick, or even ban themselves, simply type the action command without any parameters. Any action command when given a player name (other than moving players) will require a reason."

Same server I'm assuming? And moving should be straight forward right? Copy the folder contents to another folder stop the service start the console delete a server and do the same for the next procon server?

Also noticed when I'm trying to enable baserape causing players it states that Posting win/loss/baserapte statistics cannot be enabled when auto-surrender is disabled. But, it is enabled and set to use optimal values for metro/locker.

• Plugin Developer

Same server I'm assuming? And moving should be straight forward right? Copy the folder contents to another folder stop the service start the console delete a server and do the same for the next procon server?

Yep, just have one server connection per instance of procon.

Also noticed when I'm trying to enable baserape causing players it states that Posting win/loss/baserapte statistics cannot be enabled when auto-surrender is disabled. But, it is enabled and set to use optimal values for metro/locker.

Are you using the auto nuke option? Currently it's only set up to function with default auto-surrender, not using the auto nuke option.

Generally if you are using auto-nuke, dispersing or auto-assisting some players isn't going to affect it much, regular players will automatically stop pushing into uncaps as they don't want to be slain.

Yep, just have one server connection per instance of procon.

Are you using the auto nuke option? Currently it's only set up to function with default auto-surrender, not using the auto nuke option.

Generally if you are using auto-nuke, dispersing or auto-assisting some players isn't going to affect it much, regular players will automatically stop pushing into uncaps as they don't want to be slain.

Got ya! Well, none the less splitting the 2 up it runs 1000000x times better.
  • Plugin Developer

Got ya! Well, none the less splitting the 2 up it runs 1000000x times better.

Yeah, all testing is done on 1-server-per-layer instances of Procon. AdKats is a very very large plugin, and even with all the optimization changes I've made over time running multiple instances on the same process makes Procon freak. It's still silky smooth on single instances though, something about doubling up is just too much.
  • Plugin Developer

Prepping to start work on 7.0.0.0, not enough tickets exist to warrant a new full version though.

Here is the current list assigned to 7.0.0.0: https://github.com/AdKats/AdKats/iss...ion+7.0.0.0%22

Here is the current list of unfunded feature requests: https://github.com/AdKats/AdKats/iss...re+Requests%22

All future requests for features that won't be internally used/generated by us are by donation only, and will be completed within a week of acceptance/payment. A new system is being developed that will eventually replace AdKats, so my focus needs to be placed there. Cheers!

Originally Posted by spatieman*:

"Any action command given with no parameters (e.g. '!kill') will target the speaker. If admins want to kill, kick, or even ban themselves, simply type the action command without any parameters. Any action command when given a player name (other than moving players) will require a reason."

ah, i learned something.

ok, WE (specialy me) will keep it in mind, hehe..

• Plugin Developer

TEST version 6.5.1.0 contains updates for conquest mode in BF4, ticket loss acceleration is being calculated now. So not only the flag count for each team can be found, but also who is gaining/losing ground on the map. This information is visible when displaying ticket loss rates in procon chat. Setting section A12.

Originally Posted by SmackDown*:

It is advisable, I know some have had issues trying to run multiple instances in the same procon process. We run each of our servers on a different procon process and it works great that way.

Can you explain this more?

I have four servers running on a Procon Layer. I am not sure what you mean by running each server on a different Procon process. I have a layer server through GameServers. On my layer control panel, I added each of my four servers on the GameServers control panel. Is that one each server on one process? Or is this running four servers on one process.

I am not sure how one would run a separate process for each server? Do I purchase four procon layer servers and just run one server on it?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I have been fighting horrible lag and non-responsiveness with Adkats and for the life of me, I cannot figure it out. I have turned off Adkats on 3 of the servers and it still will become unresponsive for two to three minuets before responding to commands, or Procon will just shut down, saying it lost connection.

I don't know if it is my database being on GameServers that is the problem or what. I have been fighting the lag and non-response issue now for over a month or more and I don't want to stop using AdKats, but I might have to if I can figure out what is causing this. we run a 32 player server, and once the server is half full or more, then it appears that the lag and non-responsiveness gets worse.

• Plugin Developer

Can you explain this more?

I have four servers running on a Procon Layer. I am not sure what you mean by running each server on a different Procon process. I have a layer server through GameServers. On my layer control panel, I added each of my four servers on the GameServers control panel. Is that one each server on one process? Or is this running four servers on one process.

I am not sure how one would run a separate process for each server? Do I purchase four procon layer servers and just run one server on it?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I have been fighting horrible lag and non-responsiveness with Adkats and for the life of me, I cannot figure it out. I have turned off Adkats on 3 of the servers and it still will become unresponsive for two to three minuets before responding to commands, or Procon will just shut down, saying it lost connection.

I don't know if it is my database being on GameServers that is the problem or what. I have been fighting the lag and non-response issue now for over a month or more and I don't want to stop using AdKats, but I might have to if I can figure out what is causing this. we run a 32 player server, and once the server is half full or more, then it appears that the lag and non-responsiveness gets worse.

Yes, this is a symptom of running multi-server layers with AdKats. GameServers runs multi-server instances, and it's horrible for performance during peak times. Right now we use Branzone for our layers, and they require only single-server-per-layer instances for performance reasons.

If you are fighting lag in Procon, this is why, try splitting them up. AdKats does not run well when you try jamming 2 let alone 4 instances on the same Procon process, It's just too much for the interface to handle. Procon wasn't designed for plugins this massive, I've been told this many times, but I've been able to keep it perfectly smooth for single-server-per-layer instances. Those instance types are also where all testing is done.

I've had layers on both services, and honestly, I would suggest trying a layer from Branzone, their interface for layer control is SO much better than GameServers. I think they cost $3 per month instead of the $2 that GameServers is asking, which is the one and only downside.

EDIT: To clarify further, I've had people running multi-server instances of Procon on super machines, like their own towers or really powerful dedicated boxes, it still runs terribly in multi-server configuration. They split up the instances for each server, boom, buttery smooth. I don't completely understand why this happens, it's not a limit on people's machines or connection speeds (Obviously, AdKats is still a tiny program compared to many), but it does appear to be a limit on what Procon itself can manage properly without lagging.

Originally Posted by SmackDown*:

Yes, this is a symptom of running multi-server layers with AdKats. GameServers runs multi-server instances, and it's horrible for performance during peak times. Right now we use Branzone for our layers, and they require only single-server-per-layer instances for performance reasons.

If you are fighting lag in Procon, this is why, try splitting them up. AdKats does not run well when you try jamming 2 let alone 4 instances on the same Procon process, It's just too much for the interface to handle. Procon wasn't designed for plugins this massive, I've been told this many times, but I've been able to keep it perfectly smooth for single-server-per-layer instances. Those instance types are also where all testing is done.

I've had layers on both services, and honestly, I would suggest trying a layer from Branzone, their interface for layer control is SO much better than GameServers. I think they cost $3 per month instead of the $2 that GameServers is asking, which is the one and only downside.

EDIT: To clarify further, I've had people running multi-server instances of Procon on super machines, like their own towers or really powerful dedicated boxes, it still runs terribly in multi-server configuration. They split up the instances for each server, boom, buttery smooth. I don't completely understand why this happens, it's not a limit on people's machines or connection speeds (Obviously, AdKats is still a tiny program compared to many), but it does appear to be a limit on what Procon itself can manage properly without lagging.

One question though. Why would I still be having issues when I turned off Adkats on the other three servers and only have it running on one server? Is Adkats still causing issues even though it is turned off?