Advanced In-Game Admin and Ban Enforcer - AdKats

Message added by Prophet731,

If you've been banned from a server then you will need to appeal the ban with the owners/community of that server. We do not control any bans done on servers that utilize AdKats as all bans are local to that server.

• Plugin Developer

Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner*:

Can you tell me how do I do that?

Mamba has the right idea. Also, if you are using the same account for AdKats as you used to originally run the adkats.sql script to set up your database you should be fine. It's just puzzling how that table isn't in there already.
  • Plugin Developer

Hey col,

short question - Is there an In-game command to add players to the userlist?

like !adduser QuadPrime Administrator

thanks in advance sir :smile:

There is not a command for this right now, it's all through the settings window. There could be though, open a feature request if you want something like that and we can discuss it there.

Originally Posted by SmackDown*:

Mamba has the right idea. Also, if you are using the same account for AdKats as you used to originally run the adkats.sql script to set up your database you should be fine. It's just puzzling how that table isn't in there already.

The problem I am having is I don't know where to look for "Settings" in MySQL. I have my tables open and I don't see a tab for settings. Where do I go in MySQL to find settings?
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by Mamba334*:

The problem I am having is I don't know where to look for "Settings" in MySQL. I have my tables open and I don't see a tab for settings. Where do I go in MySQL to find settings?

The word settings might not be helpful. Sorry.

Once logged in, look on the left-hand side or up at the top and just go through your "settings" or tabs and I'm not for certain where it is but it's there somewhere! Good luck bro. Hope you get it worked out.

The word settings might not be helpful. Sorry.

Once logged in, look on the left-hand side or up at the top and just go through your "settings" or tabs and I'm not for certain where it is but it's there somewhere! Good luck bro. Hope you get it worked out.

Thank you for your help.

It seems that with the latest patch, all errors have gone away!

• Plugin Developer

Regarding the long loading time of Adkats, I just updated to 6.8.1.128 and Adkats was loaded in about a minuet. Thank you for that fix!

Woop. Yeah, I need to work in batch loading of player info from the database so it can do a couple thousand at a time without performance issues. Right now it does each one individually since it wasn't originally written with so many players in mind, or I didn't think that would be a performance issue.
  • Plugin Developer

Hello.

Why when player request !rules they are displayed for all players at once? I have not found how to disable it, or I do not understand something?

PS/. Adkats 6810

This happens when an ADMIN requests the rules for themselves. They already know the rules, or have access to them elsewhere, so this is a way for admins to send rules to the whole server. When normal players request rules only they see it, or the person they targeted rules on.

Hello,

Today we had a player enter our server and was then banned by the LIVE Damage Mod Ban system. Below is the ban of this player:

Damage Modifier Hack Detected [LIVE][4-GROZA1-48-20-2-41]

When I reviewed this ban and compared the stats to the stats that BF4stats.com showed, I found a difference that I cannot explain. The stats that they showed for this guy on his GROZA1 was as follows:

20 kills, 2 headshots, and 86 hits. Yet our cheat system is showing that he only had 41 hits. Is there a mistake here on this ban? Was this player banned by mistake or am I reading this wrong? If in fact he had 86 hits, then his 20 kills would be normal with 86 hits, and his damage per shot would be different than what is shown.

Not sure what I am suppose to do here....

• Plugin Developer

Hello,

Today we had a player enter our server and was then banned by the LIVE Damage Mod Ban system. Below is the ban of this player:

Damage Modifier Hack Detected [LIVE][4-GROZA1-48-20-2-41]

When I reviewed this ban and compared the stats to the stats that BF4stats.com showed, I found a difference that I cannot explain. The stats that they showed for this guy on his GROZA1 was as follows:

20 kills, 2 headshots, and 86 hits. Yet our cheat system is showing that he only had 41 hits. Is there a mistake here on this ban? Was this player banned by mistake or am I reading this wrong? If in fact he had 86 hits, then his 20 kills would be normal with 86 hits, and his damage per shot would be different than what is shown.

Not sure what I am suppose to do here....

Keep in mind the LIVE system does not use global stats, the stats it fetches are based on only the last round they played in. This is how we catch new damage mods.

Basically what the plugin does is when they first load in it checks their global stats, then after round end it checks them again to see what's changed and compares the values. For this guy it showed he had 20 more kills, and 41 more hits than he had before with that weapon.

I have seen very rare instances where the server can report no hits for a player, but I haven't seen half hits before. If the battle report shows a different hit count than what is on their stats, and the number it shows is within reason, then this would be a ban based on incorrect data.

They don't show the hit count for reports on the battlelog UI, but they do send the value to your browser. In chrome press F12 then F5 on their battle report page to debug and then reload it. In the debug window that pops up go to the network tab and click the XHR button at the top, this will make it only show web service requests. Now one of the services you see is for fetching the player's report data, click one and then click the preview tab on the right and you can see what data came back. Search for one that contains the report info and hit count.

• Plugin Developer

ColColonCleaner

Hm, it's good, thank you for your answer.

I have other question.

May be you know, we in Russian BF community from time immemorial in Battlefield We had the biggest problem for us, ProCon and BF not support UTF-8 and we did when they could not bring players to the usual things, allowed weapons, rules and other information, as many Russian players do not understand English.

Recently we learned that is Procon can support UTF-8 https://github.com/Myrcon/Procon-1/issues/166

Thus, replacing the file, we can now send messages in Russian in game chat, all plugins work fine, example InsaneLimits, ProConRULz, Votemap, xPkiller's Stats logger, Voteban and many other, but for some reason your plugin refuses to accept UTF-8, For example, if I change the English message to the Russian in AdKats.cs file, like i do this on other plugin, the Procon after reboot, it simply sends an empty message.

What lines are you attempting to change?

Originally Posted by Subman_9*:

Hi ColColonCleaner,

I have a question regarding the AdKats "Feed Server Reserved Slots" function. I have already a group of people on my first server that have a time limited reserved slot, however I would like to synchronize the reserved slots to my second BF4 server as well. Can I do it somehow on AdKats ? I'm using AdKats 6.8.1.132.

• Plugin Developer

Hi ColColonCleaner,

I have a question regarding the AdKats "Feed Server Reserved Slots" function. I have already a group of people on my first server that have a time limited reserved slot, however I would like to synchronize the reserved slots to my second BF4 server as well. Can I do it somehow on AdKats ? I'm using AdKats 6.8.1.132.

Is the feed option enabled on your first server, the one that you want to import the reserved slots from? Or is that server still manually managing reserved slots as well?
  • Plugin Developer

Example this work only on Rules and Pre-Message List line, i can set on it Russian words and all good.

But on TeamSpeak join player line or first spawn message line this not work, after restarting procon all words be empty (hieroglyphs).

Also, I tried change in Adkats.cs

OnlineAdminSayMessage(((sourceIsAdmin) ? ("Admin ") : ("")) + record.GetSourceName() + " requested server rules.");

to

OnlineAdminSayMessage(((sourceIsAdmin) ? ("Admin ") : ("")) + record.GetSourceName() + " ???????? ??????? ???????.");

After editing all saved, but as soon as I run Procon, all that I have introduced in Russian is converted to an empty (hieroglyphs) line.

Interesting, i'm not sure what would be causing that. So messages work fine when loaded through the database, but not when they are in raw strings, that's strange. I wonder what the encoding on the actual file is, the AdKats.cs file, perhaps it's a different one than you need?

Keep in mind the LIVE system does not use global stats, the stats it fetches are based on only the last round they played in. This is how we catch new damage mods.

Basically what the plugin does is when they first load in it checks their global stats, then after round end it checks them again to see what's changed and compares the values. For this guy it showed he had 20 more kills, and 41 more hits than he had before with that weapon.

I have seen very rare instances where the server can report no hits for a player, but I haven't seen half hits before. If the battle report shows a different hit count than what is on their stats, and the number it shows is within reason, then this would be a ban based on incorrect data.

They don't show the hit count for reports on the battlelog UI, but they do send the value to your browser. In chrome press F12 then F5 on their battle report page to debug and then reload it. In the debug window that pops up go to the network tab and click the XHR button at the top, this will make it only show web service requests. Now one of the services you see is for fetching the player's report data, click one and then click the preview tab on the right and you can see what data came back. Search for one that contains the report info and hit count.

I did as you posted above and it was showing 48 hits. I
  • Plugin Developer

I did as you posted above and it was showing 48 hits. I

Then what the plugin reported was correct. The battlelog report shows all hits for every weapon during the round, so he likely got those other 7 hits off a sidearm, repair tool, or other weapon. He was averaging 50 damage on a maximum 30 damage weapon (which also has a large drop off), with only 2 headshots. So he will need to explain how that was possible.

Originally Posted by Subman_9*:

Is the feed option enabled on your first server, the one that you want to import the reserved slots from? Or is that server still manually managing reserved slots as well?

The feed option is set to "True" on both servers. I have currently 25 players on the first server - I have added them by the "/reserved" option on the first server. The reserved Slots on the second server (the one on which I would like to import to) is empty right now. The best option would be some automatic synchronization of the reserved slots from the first server to the other servers that have feed option enabled.

Then what the plugin reported was correct. The battlelog report shows all hits for every weapon during the round, so he likely got those other 7 hits off a sidearm, repair tool, or other weapon. He was averaging 50 damage on a maximum 30 damage weapon (which also has a large drop off), with only 2 headshots. So he will need to explain how that was possible.

Thank you for your help in this matter!

Originally Posted by Dete96*:

Ads?z.png

How do I activate?

error ;

[03:45:44 91] [AdKats] ERROR-681132: [unable to confirm global timing. Global UTC Timestamp could not be fetched.]

Did you read the installation instructions? You have set up the database by running this code in your database

https://raw.github.com/ColColonClean...ter/adkats.sql

I hope that helped.

dete96

• 3 months later...

Originally Posted by ty_ger07*:

how do i find out where my database files are so i can link it to adkats

A database could be made of hundreds or thousands of files. A database isn't a file. A database is an object inside a server. To find the database, you have to know its IP address and port inside the server and its login username and password.

If you are running procon only on your own computer and want to run your own database only on your own computer, this should get you going:

https://www.youtube.com/watch_v=k6Zi...2FA2C127377F07

(watch "Installing XAMPP Part 1" and "Installing XAMPP Part 2")

Disregard the PHP references in the video and watch the video anyway because it is essentially a video instructing you how to set up a web server on your computer and setting up and using a database in that web server.

Warning: setting up a web server on your own computer is potentially dangerous because it potentially provides internet users easier access to your computer. Care, research, and proper network setup is required to minimize this risk. Or, you could rent a cheap web server with a database (like most people do) and let someone else take care of the process and manage the risk instead of you.