Advanced In-Game Admin and Ban Enforcer - AdKats

Message added by Prophet731,

If you've been banned from a server then you will need to appeal the ban with the owners/community of that server. We do not control any bans done on servers that utilize AdKats as all bans are local to that server.

Originally Posted by sixpax12*:

getting some of these last few days:

Plugin logging started: Sunday, 14 January 2018 00:00:11

[04:31:35] [AdKats] EXCEPTION-7000-D-HandleActiveBanEnforcer-DatabaseComm81: [Error while handling active ban enforcer.][system.ArgumentException: Offset and length were out of bounds for the array or count is greater than the number of elements from index to the end of the source collection.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Plugin Developer

Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner*:

getting some of these last few days:

Plugin logging started: Sunday, 14 January 2018 00:00:11

[04:31:35] [AdKats] EXCEPTION-7000-D-HandleActiveBanEnforcer-DatabaseComm81: [Error while handling active ban enforcer.][system.ArgumentException: Offset and length were out of bounds for the array or count is greater than the number of elements from index to the end of the source collection.

Looks like a concurrency issue. I've added a patch for it, please /pupdate.
  • Plugin Developer

what files are of importance to me if I am going to change procon layer hosting from one provider to another and I want to retain all my adkat settings ? or is that even possible ...

The database stores all your AdKats settings aside from database connection info and a couple usually unimportant things. If you want things to be exactly the same on your new layer just save your adkats.cfg file from your existing layer and import that to your new layer.

The database stores all your AdKats settings aside from database connection info and a couple usually unimportant things. If you want things to be exactly the same on your new layer just save your adkats.cfg file from your existing layer and import that to your new layer.

Thanks. Is there something in the stats logger portion of the database that keeps the old IP ? Get an error when I remove it from remote access to SQL on my server that displays in procon saying has no access permission ... error goes away when I put it back on the list where my SQL database is ; even though I am not using that IP anymore.

[06:06:42 55] [AdKats] EXCEPTION-7014-8.63-D-UploadInnerRecord-DatabaseComm48: [unexpected error uploading Record.][MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Host 'XXX.XX.XXX.XXX' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server

Side note ... very impressive with the section C30 ... had never enabled it before but on a full sever for the last severaL hours it is doing better than multi balancer or true balancer ever did for me ... nice even matches ...

• Plugin Developer

Thanks. Is there something in the stats logger portion of the database that keeps the old IP ? Get an error when I remove it from remote access to SQL on my server that displays in procon saying has no access permission ... error goes away when I put it back on the list where my SQL database is ; even though I am not using that IP anymore.

[06:06:42 55] [AdKats] EXCEPTION-7014-8.63-D-UploadInnerRecord-DatabaseComm48: [unexpected error uploading Record.][MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Host 'XXX.XX.XXX.XXX' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server

Side note ... very impressive with the section C30 ... had never enabled it before but on a full sever for the last severaL hours it is doing better than multi balancer or true balancer ever did for me ... nice even matches ...

Your old layer IP was whitelisted on the database side and all other IPs are blocked. This is a good security measure. You need to go into your configuration for the database and whitelist your new layer's IP address. Just add the address it says it blocked there and you're good. You should see where to add this on your database control panel.

Changing your layer IP doesn't require changing any settings in AdKats/statlogger. Changing your BF server IP is a whole different matter and you'll definitely need to make some changes if you do that.

As for your side note, be careful with the scrambler option, it has a chance of slaying some people at round start because it triggers so close to the spawn time and I can't make it execute before then because of the DICE balancer. You might see some complaining about getting slain at round start if you turn that setting on. Otherwise the rest of the settings are fine.

What do you have your team power active influence set to?

The IP the error is referring to is an old IP and is not the IP of my current layer ... i am not sure where the IP came ftom to be honest ... seems a few procon layers ago when first set up.

I am not using the scrambler ... power setting is at 35. It was working great ... it also greatly increased the use of the assist command in a good way.

• Plugin Developer

The IP the error is referring to is an old IP and is not the IP of my current layer ... i am not sure where the IP came ftom to be honest ... seems a few procon layers ago when first set up.

I am not using the scrambler ... power setting is at 35. It was working great ... it also greatly increased the use of the assist command in a good way.

Not sure why it would be giving an error for the old IP. Strange. Either way simply adding your new IP to the db config should be what you need.

Ok, glad you are running it without the scrambler, just having the reassignment and unswitcher enabled should be sufficient. 35 active influence is the default and what I found to be best, excellent. Hope it continues to work well for you.

Keep in mind it's a learning system based on player's performance in your server relative to others in your server, so if you get a brand new server with no stats on it the system won't operate perfectly until it learns the players for that server. It still uses battlelog stats when it can't find local stats for a player, but those aren't instant to load and take a back seat once it has local stats since they matter more.

Have you kept your other balancer enabled or are you running purely with this system now?

What maps/modes do you run?

EDIT: The learning happens in the background whether you have the system enabled or not, so even though you didn't have it enabled to act on the learning all this time it was still learning your server's players behind the scenes.

I have not turned the other balancer on yet. Might not. Moved layer server to a different account so was a fresh start; with the exception of the IP weirdness.

I did verify that IP is a Gameservers IP from back when we first set up AdkAts ... have changed IP twice since then I think; so not sure why the table builder is sucking up the old IP and ignoring the new one. I did notice I am trying to setup server ID 6 first; looks like the error I am getting is looking for server ID 1 so maybe I have to put them back in in the order they were created ... not sure.

Cool ... the server it is running on has 27,129 rounds played with Adkats so it has been learning a lot.

• Plugin Developer

I have not turned the other balancer on yet. Might not. Moved layer server to a different account so was a fresh start; with the exception of the IP weirdness.

I did verify that IP is a Gameservers IP from back when we first set up AdkAts ... have changed IP twice since then I think; so not sure why the table builder is sucking up the old IP and ignoring the new one. I did notice I am trying to setup server ID 6 first; looks like the error I am getting is looking for server ID 1 so maybe I have to put them back in in the order they were created ... not sure.

Cool ... the server it is running on has 27,129 rounds played with Adkats so it has been learning a lot.

The IP of the procon layer isn't stored anywhere, only the IP of the BF server, at least to my knowledge. So I'm not sure what could be happening either.

As for your 27,000 rounds, it doesn't look at all of them, it looks at the last 90 days of logs for each player since their skill levels can change.

The IP of the procon layer isn't stored anywhere, only the IP of the BF server, at least to my knowledge. So I'm not sure what could be happening either.

As for your 27,000 rounds, it doesn't look at all of them, it looks at the last 90 days of logs for each player since their skill levels can change.

There must be a calculation error in Prophet's Dashboard when displaying rounds played. In retrospect, I don't think the reported 27,129 is possible.
  • Plugin Developer

There must be a calculation error in Prophet's Dashboard when displaying rounds played. In retrospect, I don't think the reported 27,129 is possible.

AdKats has this as well, just look in the server settings section for the round ID display.

The script looks at the tbl_extendedroundstats table and finds the maximum existing round ID for the current server, then increments it by one to start a new round. The script purges old data from this table (older than 60 days), but the highest value for round ID is kept intact. 27,000 rounds doesn't seem unreasonable depending on the game modes you run.

Originally Posted by Theheman*:

Hello guys! A month ago i started a new server. Didnt know anything about all the plugins projects so i took me a while to learn a little bit and understand.

Here is the issue im facing.

Currect situation Server running: Basic in-game info, Procon Chat GUID, In-game Admin, Spambot, Multibalancer and Proconrulz enabled.

If I turn on ADKats I get the [08:08:44 90] In-Game Admin Disabled =( (thats totally ok for me but just curious why)

but the main problem is with comand !p and !f:

[07:54:14] Hemaniaco > !p

[07:54:01] (PlayerSay Hemaniaco) Hemaniaco: could not find a recent team kill to punish.

[07:54:01] AdKats > Say > Hemaniaco > You TEMP BANNED [VBK]Hemaniaco for 1M2d

I automaticly get banned trying to use it.

Could be a very simple detail i forgot im pretty sure, but im not able to find the solution

Thanks in advance

• Plugin Developer

Hello guys! A month ago i started a new server. Didnt know anything about all the plugins projects so i took me a while to learn a little bit and understand.

Here is the issue im facing.

Currect situation Server running: Basic in-game info, Procon Chat GUID, In-game Admin, Spambot, Multibalancer and Proconrulz enabled.

If I turn on ADKats I get the [08:08:44 90] In-Game Admin Disabled =( (thats totally ok for me but just curious why)

but the main problem is with comand !p and !f:

[07:54:14] Hemaniaco > !p

[07:54:01] (PlayerSay Hemaniaco) Hemaniaco: could not find a recent team kill to punish.

[07:54:01] AdKats > Say > Hemaniaco > You TEMP BANNED [VBK]Hemaniaco for 1M2d

I automaticly get banned trying to use it.

Could be a very simple detail i forgot im pretty sure, but im not able to find the solution

Thanks in advance

https://github.com/AdKats/AdKats#teamkilling-management

In short, the punish/forgive commands in AdKats are NOT for team kill management, don't rename them to p/f, they are for admin use or autoadmin use only. Please read up on the docs for what that punish/forgive system actually does. If you want to use the infraction tracking system along with team kill management, rename the AdKats punish/forgive commands back to their original names and set up the teamkilltracker plugin.

https://github.com/AdKats/AdKats#inf...racking-system

The reason you are banning yourself is because any command issued without parameters targets the speaker. So if you type /ban, you will ban yourself. Same thing with /fmove, you will force move yourself. You likely have a bunch of infraction points because you've been trying to use this as a team kill management, and a punish against you is now up to temp ban level.

EDIT: AdKats automatically disables the default in-game admin plugin because a lot of the commands in that plugin like !tban, !ban, etc would overlap with AdKats and cause commands to issue twice, once with that plugin and once with AdKats. It just prevents people from shooting themselves in the foot. AdKats completely replaces everything in that plugin like 10 times over, so you're not losing anything by forcing it disabled.

Originally Posted by Theheman*:

https://github.com/AdKats/AdKats#teamkilling-management

In short, the punish/forgive commands in AdKats are NOT for team kill management, don't rename them to p/f, they are for admin use or autoadmin use only. Please read up on the docs for what that punish/forgive system actually does. If you want to use the infraction tracking system along with team kill management, rename the AdKats punish/forgive commands back to their original names and set up the teamkilltracker plugin.

https://github.com/AdKats/AdKats#inf...racking-system

The reason you are banning yourself is because any command issued without parameters targets the speaker. So if you type /ban, you will ban yourself. Same thing with /fmove, you will force move yourself. You likely have a bunch of infraction points because you've been trying to use this as a team kill management, and a punish against you is now up to temp ban level.

EDIT: AdKats automatically disables the default in-game admin plugin because a lot of the commands in that plugin like !tban, !ban, etc would overlap with AdKats and cause commands to issue twice, once with that plugin and once with AdKats. It just prevents people from shooting themselves in the foot. AdKats completely replaces everything in that plugin like 10 times over, so you're not losing anything by forcing it disabled.

Thank you very much for your help! As I supposed it was totally my fault for not reading properly

:smile:

Originally Posted by Nobel0*:

Hello Dears,

I am sorry to be a disturbance here ^^

I bought a server for BF4 before 4 days and i have already put these plugins:

XpKiller's Stat logger plugin, MULTIBalancer, ProconRulz with bunch of rules. And trying to set the AdKats 7.0.1.0.

But i am trying to learn how to do run the AdKats database setup script? I cant figure it out unfortunately ^^

Bcoz when i try to enable the Adkats (ofc after doing the MySQL settings in the Layer tab) it gives me this :

[02:45:46 16] [AdKats] SUCCESS: Fetched 111 BF4 weapon stat definitions.

[02:45:46 35] [AdKats] SUCCESS: Fetched reputation definitions.

[02:45:46 54] [AdKats] SUCCESS: Fetched weapon names.

[02:45:46 79] [AdKats] SUCCESS: Fetched special player group definitions.

[02:45:46 80] [AdKats] SUCCESS: Server IP is 94.250.208.145:47200

[02:45:46 80] [AdKats] SUCCESS: Database connection open.

[02:45:46 83] [AdKats] INFO: AdKats role groups table not found. Attempting to add.

[02:45:47 02] [AdKats] CREATE TABLE `adkats_rolegroups` (

`role_id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL,

`group_key` VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL,

PRIMARY KEY (`role_id`,`group_key`),

KEY `adkats_rolegroups_fk_role` (`role_id`),

KEY `adkats_rolegroups_fk_command` (`group_key`),

CONSTRAINT `adkats_rolegroups_fk_role` FOREIGN KEY (`role_id`) REFERENCES `adkats_roles` (`role_id`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE

) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_unicode_ci COMMENT='AdKats - Connection of groups to roles'

[02:45:47 02] [AdKats] ERROR-7014: [Non-Query failed. [Adding AdKats role groups table]: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Cannot add foreign key constraint

bei PRoConEvents.AdKats.SafeExecuteNonQuery(MySqlComma nd command)

bei PRoConEvents.AdKats.SendNonQuery(String desc, String nonQuery, Boolean verbose)]

[02:45:47 02] [AdKats] ALTER TABLE adkats_settings MODIFY setting_value varchar(10000)

[02:45:47 02] [AdKats] ERROR-7014: [AdKats tables not present or valid in the database. Have you run the AdKats database setup script yet? If so, are your tables InnoDB_]

[02:45:47 02] [AdKats] INFO: Shutting down AdKats.

[02:45:47 05] [AdKats] SUCCESS: Database timing confirmed.

[02:45:52 27] [AdKats] AdKats 7.0.1.4 Disabled! =(

I dont know where to start actually ^^ i am lost

Thanks for your works ColColonCleaner, very appreciated.

Best Regards

• Plugin Developer

Hello Dears,

I am sorry to be a disturbance here ^^

I bought a server for BF4 before 4 days and i have already put these plugins:

XpKiller's Stat logger plugin, MULTIBalancer, ProconRulz with bunch of rules. And trying to set the AdKats 7.0.1.0.

But i am trying to learn how to do run the AdKats database setup script? I cant figure it out unfortunately ^^

Bcoz when i try to enable the Adkats (ofc after doing the MySQL settings in the Layer tab) it gives me this :

[02:45:46 16] [AdKats] SUCCESS: Fetched 111 BF4 weapon stat definitions.

[02:45:46 35] [AdKats] SUCCESS: Fetched reputation definitions.

[02:45:46 54] [AdKats] SUCCESS: Fetched weapon names.

[02:45:46 79] [AdKats] SUCCESS: Fetched special player group definitions.

[02:45:46 80] [AdKats] SUCCESS: Server IP is 94.250.208.145:47200

[02:45:46 80] [AdKats] SUCCESS: Database connection open.

[02:45:46 83] [AdKats] INFO: AdKats role groups table not found. Attempting to add.

[02:45:47 02] [AdKats] CREATE TABLE `adkats_rolegroups` (

`role_id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL,

`group_key` VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL,

PRIMARY KEY (`role_id`,`group_key`),

KEY `adkats_rolegroups_fk_role` (`role_id`),

KEY `adkats_rolegroups_fk_command` (`group_key`),

CONSTRAINT `adkats_rolegroups_fk_role` FOREIGN KEY (`role_id`) REFERENCES `adkats_roles` (`role_id`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE

) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_unicode_ci COMMENT='AdKats - Connection of groups to roles'

[02:45:47 02] [AdKats] ERROR-7014: [Non-Query failed. [Adding AdKats role groups table]: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Cannot add foreign key constraint

bei PRoConEvents.AdKats.SafeExecuteNonQuery(MySqlComma nd command)

bei PRoConEvents.AdKats.SendNonQuery(String desc, String nonQuery, Boolean verbose)]

[02:45:47 02] [AdKats] ALTER TABLE adkats_settings MODIFY setting_value varchar(10000)

[02:45:47 02] [AdKats] ERROR-7014: [AdKats tables not present or valid in the database. Have you run the AdKats database setup script yet? If so, are your tables InnoDB_]

[02:45:47 02] [AdKats] INFO: Shutting down AdKats.

[02:45:47 05] [AdKats] SUCCESS: Database timing confirmed.

[02:45:52 27] [AdKats] AdKats 7.0.1.4 Disabled! =(

I dont know where to start actually ^^ i am lost

Thanks for your works ColColonCleaner, very appreciated.

Best Regards

Did you run the AdKats setup script on your database? this is described in the install instructions.
  • Plugin Developer

All metabans integration is being removed from AdKats in the next patch since that system has gone offline. The base code will be kept in the plugin but all settings will be force-disabled and the setting displays will be removed. If the service is revived at some point I will bring it back but it doesn't show any signs of that at this time. Removing it will help avoid confusion with mentioning a non-existent service.

Originally Posted by klait68*:

Nice :-) Another question: Our database is real big - is there a way to delete entries - for example i want to kick out all entries from players which arent permabanned and who didnt played on our servers the last half year. If there was a solution or script for it i would be happy.

Originally Posted by keb2*:

Hi.I very often receive such messages in the console:

[09:53:02 17] [AdKats] ALTER TABLE ******.`tbl_chatlog` ADD INDEX (logDate)

[09:53:02 17] [AdKats] SUCCESS: SQL Update 'addChatlogDateIndex' completed execution (tbl_chatlog.logDate index successfully created).

[09:53:02 56] [AdKats] ALTER TABLE ******.`adkats_records_main` ADD INDEX `adkats_records_main_fk_record_time` (`record_time` ASC)

[09:53:02 57] [AdKats] SUCCESS: SQL Update 'addRecordTimeIndex' completed execution (adkats_records_main.record_time index successfully created).

this is normal?

• Plugin Developer

Nice :-) Another question: Our database is real big - is there a way to delete entries - for example i want to kick out all entries from players which arent permabanned and who didnt played on our servers the last half year. If there was a solution or script for it i would be happy.

Player records themselves don't take up much space. The biggest table is usually your chat log table.

run this, but replace schema_name with your AdKats schema name:

SELECT TABLE_NAME, table_rows, data_length, index_length,

round(((data_length + index_length) / 1024 / 1024),2) "Size in MB"

FROM information_schema.TABLES WHERE table_schema = "schema_name"

ORDER BY (data_length + index_length) DESC;

That will tell you which table(s) take up the most data. Once we know that we can do more.

• Plugin Developer

Hi.I very often receive such messages in the console:

[09:53:02 17] [AdKats] ALTER TABLE ******.`tbl_chatlog` ADD INDEX (logDate)

[09:53:02 17] [AdKats] SUCCESS: SQL Update 'addChatlogDateIndex' completed execution (tbl_chatlog.logDate index successfully created).

[09:53:02 56] [AdKats] ALTER TABLE ******.`adkats_records_main` ADD INDEX `adkats_records_main_fk_record_time` (`record_time` ASC)

[09:53:02 57] [AdKats] SUCCESS: SQL Update 'addRecordTimeIndex' completed execution (adkats_records_main.record_time index successfully created).

this is normal?

no it's not. perhaps it's showing a success message when it's actually failing? Does the account you have given to AdKats have permissions to create indexes on tables?
  • Plugin Developer

Run the following on your database manually:

ALTER TABLE `tbl_chatlog` ADD INDEX (logDate);

ALTER TABLE `adkats_records_main` ADD INDEX `adkats_records_main_fk_record_time` (`record_time` ASC);

After this you shouldn't see those messages anymore.

Originally Posted by keb2*:

Run the following on your database manually:

ALTER TABLE `tbl_chatlog` ADD INDEX (logDate);

ALTER TABLE `adkats_records_main` ADD INDEX `adkats_records_main_fk_record_time` (`record_time` ASC);

After this you shouldn't see those messages anymore.

I get this error

SQL :

ALTER TABLE `adkats_records_main` ADD INDEX `adkats_records_main_fk_record_time` (`record_time` ASC)

MySQL:

#1061 — Duplicate key name 'adkats_records_main_fk_record_time'

• Plugin Developer

I get this error

SQL :

ALTER TABLE `adkats_records_main` ADD INDEX `adkats_records_main_fk_record_time` (`record_time` ASC)

MySQL:

#1061 — Duplicate key name 'adkats_records_main_fk_record_time'

So it's unable to see that the index is already there, i wonder why. This doesn't happen on my layer.

I'll remove it from the sql updater.

Tomorrow you should stop seeing the messages without any further action on your part.

• Plugin Developer

I added an automatic purge of AdKats statistic data older than 90 days into the plugin last night. The existing systems don't look at data older than this anyway so updating to the latest version should help reduce the size of your databases, at least a little bit.

Extended round stats already purges data older than 60 days, so this is just building on that.

tbl_extendedroundstats - 60 days

adkats_statistics - 90 days

/pupdate to get the latest version.

• Plugin Developer

[23:34:14 14] [AdKats] ERROR-7018: [server Crashed (35 Players Lost)]

First time I have noticed the above ever displaying. Blaze disconnect or some other reason ?

select * from adkats_records_debug where record_message like "%Server Crashed%";

You likely just haven't noticed this before. AdKats logs whenever your server crashes or there is a blaze disconnect.