Advanced In-Game Admin and Ban Enforcer - AdKats

Message added by Prophet731,

If you've been banned from a server then you will need to appeal the ban with the owners/community of that server. We do not control any bans done on servers that utilize AdKats as all bans are local to that server.

Originally Posted by Timm*:

Hi.

I can not setup email settings in AdKats, for sending reports and admin calls.

I got this error

EXCEPTION-7010-D-EmailProcessingThreadLoop-EmailProcessing26: [Error occured in mail processing thread. skipping loop.][system.Net.Mail.SmtpException: ????? ???????? ???????? ???????.

? System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)

? PRoConEvents.AdKats.EmailHandler.EmailProcessingTh readLoop()]

What i do wrong?

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Plugin Developer

Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner*:

Hi.How to disable auto-update plug-in_The plug-in was updated by itself although I prohibited it in the settings.I do not want it to be updated yet.

2018-01-29_130615.png

There are 2 cases that override that setting:

Being on a test version of the plugin. Test versions can have issues so auto-updates are forced on.

Having a value in the LRT extension token setting. Integration between the loadout enforcer and AdKats requires updates for both plugins.

If you aren't on a test version, and don't have a value in that extension token setting, you should be good.

I would say revert back to 7.0.1.0 and make sure updates are disabled on startup.

• Plugin Developer

Hi.

I can not setup email settings in AdKats, for sending reports and admin calls.

I got this error

EXCEPTION-7010-D-EmailProcessingThreadLoop-EmailProcessing26: [Error occured in mail processing thread. skipping loop.][system.Net.Mail.SmtpException: ????? ???????? ???????? ???????.

? System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)

? PRoConEvents.AdKats.EmailHandler.EmailProcessingTh readLoop()]

What i do wrong?

????? ???????? ???????? ???????.

The operation timed out.

It cannot connect to your smtp server.

Originally Posted by SmackDown*:

Hello,

Not sure if this is an Adkats issue or BFadmincp issue but I will start here.

All of a sudden, I notice in our Ban list page on BFadminCP that all players who are permanently banned show the exact expiration date of Dec 31, 1969 4:00pm PST. If a temp ban is issued, it shows the correct expiration date to be in 2018, but all perm bans end on Dec 31, 1969 4:00pm PST!

I have not made any changes so I have no idea of what caused this, but only change I have made is to Adkats which I simply updated to the most current version when it is released.

Any Ideas?

• Plugin Developer

Hello,

Not sure if this is an Adkats issue or BFadmincp issue but I will start here.

All of a sudden, I notice in our Ban list page on BFadminCP that all players who are permanently banned show the exact expiration date of Dec 31, 1969 4:00pm PST. If a temp ban is issued, it shows the correct expiration date to be in 2018, but all perm bans end on Dec 31, 1969 4:00pm PST!

I have not made any changes so I have no idea of what caused this, but only change I have made is to Adkats which I simply updated to the most current version when it is released.

Any Ideas?

I haven't made changes to the ban system in a very long time, been a couple years since I changed it, at least by what I remember.

Jan 1, 1970 00:00 UTC is the base of Epoch time, which is the same as Dec 31 1969 16:00 PST, what you're seeing, i'm not sure what would be setting that value though, whether it's on the database side or on the UI side.

select * from adkats_bans where player_id = PLAYERIDHERE

When you're looking at a player who is permabanned, look in the URL for their player ID and put it in this query. Then look at what the ban ending time actually is. If it's the correct time, 20ish years in the future, then you're good. But if that returns the 1970 value then we have a problem.

EDIT: Is this only an issue for new bans? Or is this happening to old permabans as well?

I haven't made changes to the ban system in a very long time, been a couple years since I changed it, at least by what I remember.

Jan 1, 1970 00:00 UTC is the base of Epoch time, which is the same as Dec 31 1969 16:00 PST, what you're seeing, i'm not sure what would be setting that value though, whether it's on the database side or on the UI side.

select * from adkats_bans where player_id = PLAYERIDHERE

When you're looking at a player who is permabanned, look in the URL for their player ID and put it in this query. Then look at what the ban ending time actually is. If it's the correct time, 20ish years in the future, then you're good. But if that returns the 1970 value then we have a problem.

EDIT: Is this only an issue for new bans? Or is this happening to old permabans as well?

Seems to be only on the new bans, and it started for me on January 19, 2018. When I go in the Adkats_Bans and look at the latest bans on our servers, it is showing an expiration date of 1/30/2038 all bans. No bans listed are showing 1969 as they are in Adkats.
  • Plugin Developer

Seems to be only on the new bans, and it started for me on January 19, 2018. When I go in the Adkats_Bans and look at the latest bans on our servers, it is showing an expiration date of 1/30/2038 all bans. No bans listed are showing 1969 as they are in Adkats.

I just issued a new ban and everything seemed to be alright. If your database is showing 2038 then we should be fine.

I would say permaban yourself and see if you can join the server. If you still can't than we're good. If you are able to join then i'll need to work on it, but i'm not seeing the issue on my end either through our web or in server.

I just issued a new ban and everything seemed to be alright. If your database is showing 2038 then we should be fine.

I would say permaban yourself and see if you can join the server. If you still can't than we're good. If you are able to join then i'll need to work on it, but i'm not seeing the issue on my end either through our web or in server.

I did as you asked and was not able to join the server after I banned myself. Could this be an BFadminCp issue? Funny thing is that this error is only occurring on perm bans, the temp bans show the correct ending dates.

Is there any setting that I can check to see if something got changed somewhere?

• Plugin Developer

I did as you asked and was not able to join the server after I banned myself. Could this be an BFadminCp issue? Funny thing is that this error is only occurring on perm bans, the temp bans show the correct ending dates.

Is there any setting that I can check to see if something got changed somewhere?

If you aren't able to join the server then the plugin is working properly, likely just a visual glitch with the BFAdminCP, perhaps related to the unix timestamp rollover that tyger mentioned. I'm not sure what would be needed to fix that, but I can ask prophet.

Originally Posted by jsimpson32*:

So I recenbtly installed Adkats and got it running...

Issues:

1. Wipes out my VIP list and adds these two

ColColonCleaner

PhirePhrey

2.) Procon will not completely shut down. I core will run and that has to closed manually using task manager

• Plugin Developer

So I recenbtly installed Adkats and got it running...

Issues:

1. Wipes out my VIP list and adds these two

ColColonCleaner

PhirePhrey

2.) Procon will not completely shut down. I core will run and that has to closed manually using task manager

1. You enabled feeding of your reserved slot list without adding anyone to the reserved slots through AdKats. All of that is managed via the database once you turn that feed setting on. Use the special player group commands and other settings (for example section 4-2) to add reserved slots for your players. This is how they are configured in AdKats, since you can then manage their durations of reserved slot, automatically warn them when their reserved slots are expiring, etc. In the orchestration section you can also set an automatic reserved slot for all admins if that's what your original goal was. There are many ways to configure it.

2. Haven't heard of this one before. If you're running just the client without a layer then you could try turning off AdKats, waiting for it to completely shut down, then try closing procon. But as I said I haven't heard of this issue in the last 4 years so It's a bit odd.

1. You enabled feeding of your reserved slot list without adding anyone to the reserved slots through AdKats. All of that is managed via the database once you turn that feed setting on. Use the special player group commands and other settings (for example section 4-2) to add reserved slots for your players. This is how they are configured in AdKats, since you can then manage their durations of reserved slot, automatically warn them when their reserved slots are expiring, etc. In the orchestration section you can also set an automatic reserved slot for all admins if that's what your original goal was. There are many ways to configure it.

2. Haven't heard of this one before. If you're running just the client without a layer then you could try turning off AdKats, waiting for it to completely shut down, then try closing procon. But as I said I haven't heard of this issue in the last 4 years so It's a bit odd.

Okay Ill give it a look. Until then you have VIP access to the number 9 ranking pc server in BF4.
  • Plugin Developer

Okay Ill give it a look. Until then you have VIP access to the number 9 ranking pc server in BF4.

The reserved slots for those two players are always activated when running AdKats, it's all that is required in return for the 5000 hours of development time. A lot of the top ranked servers run this plugin, even now in the decline it's still on a couple thousand of them. Glad to see another one is taking on the usage of AdKats. Enjoy.
  • Plugin Developer

So I turn on Ban Enforcer and my Server Ban list gets erased... omg

No that's not what happened. It downloaded and consolidated the bans from all of your servers into the AdKats database so it can enforce them across all of your servers and by all metrics it knows about the players. Please read what these settings you're enabling actually do before you look at something and freak out. Thank you.

https://github.com/AdKats/AdKats#ban-enforcer

This plugin is absolutely massive. Bigger than procon itself logic-wise. Please read the docs before you turn things on.

EDIT: Here are the ban enforcer settings docs too: https://github.com/AdKats/AdKats#a13...orcer-settings

No that's not what happened. It downloaded and consolidated the bans from all of your servers into the AdKats database so it can enforce them across all of your servers and by all metrics it knows about the players. Please read what these settings you're enabling actually do before you look at something and freak out. Thank you.

https://github.com/AdKats/AdKats#ban-enforcer

This plugin is absolutely massive. Bigger than procon itself logic-wise. Please read the docs before you turn things on.

EDIT: Here are the ban enforcer settings docs too: https://github.com/AdKats/AdKats#a13...orcer-settings

Even after two years im a noob. Any way to retrieve that ban list?

And if I turn it back on, will it enforce the ones gone?

Sorry to bug you. Come to AARP some time.

• Plugin Developer

Even after two years im a noob. Any way to retrieve that ban list?

And if I turn it back on, will it enforce the ones gone?

Sorry to bug you. Come to AARP some time.

If you ever want to import the bans back into procon just turn the ban enforcer setting off and it will re-upload all the bans to your procon layer from the database. I would not suggest this though, the ban enforcer system is fantastic.

And yes if you turn the ban enforcer on your list of bans in procon is empty but they are all in the database still, and are enforced from there.

If you panicked and turned it off quickly and re-uploaded the bans though if you re-import them again the ban messages can be a bit screwed up.

If you ever want to import the bans back into procon just turn the ban enforcer setting off and it will re-upload all the bans to your procon layer from the database. I would not suggest this though, the ban enforcer system is fantastic.

And yes if you turn the ban enforcer on your list of bans in procon is empty but they are all in the database still, and are enforced from there.

If you panicked and turned it off quickly and re-uploaded the bans though if you re-import them again the ban messages can be a bit screwed up.

Okay, I panicked and didn't let it reload. Nice software. Thank goodness I didn't lose that list. A lot of bad guys on it.
  • Plugin Developer

Okay, I panicked and didn't let it reload. Nice software. Thank goodness I didn't lose that list. A lot of bad guys on it.

Once again, please read what things are before you enable them. This tool is made to cover basically everyone who admins battlefield, from a single server to many (most i've seen is 17 servers in one group) and they all run their servers in different ways.

In my previous group we had 12 BF4 servers and around 40,000 player bans across BF3/BF4. The ban list was so large it actually slowed down our procon instances, and freeing that up with the ban enforcer helped a lot.

IMPORTANT: If this did truly panic you, i would suggest backing up your procon layers more often. Losing all your data for any reason is not a good possibility.

• Plugin Developer

seems last few releases the team power thing is working in the wrong direction ... the winning team always has a few more players than the losing team..

I added a join reassignment leniency (added that on jan 23rd, 7.0.1.6), but I can see how that could cause the issue you're seeing. That setting is now disabled by default, but can be enabled again in the settings if you want.

There is a quick way to debug what's happening, and i added that a while back. Make sure your soldier's name is in the 'debug soldier' setting in AdKats. Then join the server and you'll see a message for each player that it assigns to a team. If you're seeing it assign people to the team which you don't think it should then let me know.

• Plugin Developer

Does the HSK anti cheat only use data from the current game or does it use data from the past history some how?

What do you mean current game? I don't look at BF3 stats for BF4 players if that's what you're asking. If you mean current round then that's only with the LIVE system.

The anti-cheat system uses their overall stats exclusively, unless you enable the LIVE system. Enabling LIVE means it will use the current/previous round information to catch damage mods, and if you enable the 'mass murder' settings it will also go after the more blatant cheats mid-round.

EDIT: Repeating myself here, but this is also all described in the docs :biggrin:

Anti-cheat docs:

https://github.com/AdKats/AdKats#ant...with-whitelist

Anti-cheat settings:

https://github.com/AdKats/AdKats#a18-anticheat-settings