MULTIbalancer [1.1.6.0] 30-MAR-2015 + BFHL

Originally Posted by TMiland*:

Code:

[13:18:33 61] [MULTIbalancer] Thread(updater): !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[13:18:33 61] [MULTIbalancer] Thread(updater):  
[13:18:33 61] [MULTIbalancer] Thread(updater): A NEW VERSION OF THIS PLUGIN IS AVAILABLE!
[13:18:33 61] [MULTIbalancer] Thread(updater): PLEASE UPDATE TO VERSION: 1.0.2.0
[13:18:33 61] [MULTIbalancer] Thread(updater): !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have already updated and restarted the layer... Downloaded from github
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by MarcoV1980*:

I would like to have some help on this i have uploaded it into my procon layer and i have copied the file itself into my procon BF3 folder but it's not showing up in procon at all please advise on what to do

Regards

You need to restart the layer for it to be compiled and become visible. If you have put it in the plugins/bf3 folder.

Originally Posted by lebeauc*:

Here's a between-round scramble with Keep Squads Together enabled. I happened to be testing ScrambleBy: Rank for this one......

Awesome! We will probably start using MB once this new version is released.

Originally Posted by 24Flat*:

I noticed yesterday that the Clan tag that I have in the Disperse list does not seem to be working. Also I noticed that one of them were level 145

here are my settings Balancer settings

Command: gen sqdm

8 - Settings for Squad Deathmatch|Squad Deathmatch: Max Players: 24

8 - Settings for Squad Deathmatch|Squad Deathmatch: Check Team Stacking After First Minutes: 4

8 - Settings for Squad Deathmatch|Squad Deathmatch: Max Unstacking Swaps Per Round: 0

8 - Settings for Squad Deathmatch|Squad Deathmatch: Number Of Swaps Per Group: 0

8 - Settings for Squad Deathmatch|Squad Deathmatch: Delay Seconds Between Swap Groups: 60

8 - Settings for Squad Deathmatch|Squad Deathmatch: Determine Strong Players By: RoundScore

8 - Settings for Squad Deathmatch|Squad Deathmatch: Percent Of Top Of Team Is Strong: 50

8 - Settings for Squad Deathmatch|Squad Deathmatch: Disperse Evenly By Rank >=: 145

8 - Settings for Squad Deathmatch|Squad Deathmatch: Enable Disperse Evenly List: True

8 - Settings for Squad Deathmatch|Squad Deathmatch: Definition Of High Population For Players >=: 20

8 - Settings for Squad Deathmatch|Squad Deathmatch: Definition Of Low Population For Players

8 - Settings for Squad Deathmatch|Squad Deathmatch: Definition Of Early Phase As Tickets From Start: 25

8 - Settings for Squad Deathmatch|Squad Deathmatch: Definition Of Late Phase As Tickets From End: 25

Here is a chunk of Log File, if you want the whole file let me know I will email it

Clan Tag in Disperse list is KC

[16:59:44] [MULTIbalancer] (AUTO) ON MUST MOVE LIST T:1, Rank 145 >= 145

[16:59:44] [MULTIbalancer] (AUTO) For Angel-del-Diablo in Alpha, found 2 matching tags [KC]

[16:59:44] [MULTIbalancer] (AUTO) Excluding Angel-del-Diablo, 2 players in squad with tag [KC]

[16:59:48] [MULTIbalancer] (AUTO) Unstack is disabled, Enable Unstacking is set to False

[16:59:51] [MULTIbalancer] (AUTO) ON MUST MOVE LIST [KC]tmax6972 T:1, disperse evenly enabled

[16:59:51] [MULTIbalancer] (AUTO) For tmax6972 in Alpha, found 2 matching tags [KC]

[16:59:51] [MULTIbalancer] (AUTO) Excluding tmax6972, 2 players in squad with tag [KC]

[16:59:54] [MULTIbalancer] (AUTO) ON MUST MOVE LIST Dream_SHOINK T:2, Rank 145 >= 145

[16:59:54] [MULTIbalancer] (AUTO) Excluding [NL]Dream_SHOINK: whitelisted

[16:59:54] [MULTIbalancer] (AUTO) For 0horza0 in Alpha, found 1 matching tags [ReZ]

[16:59:54] [MULTIbalancer] (AUTO) Unstack is disabled, Enable Unstacking is set to False

[16:59:58] [MULTIbalancer] (AUTO) For I_S1GMA_I in Alpha, found 1 matching tags [YVR]

[16:59:58] [MULTIbalancer] (AUTO) Unstack is disabled, Enable Unstacking is set to False

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

We are using this on a 1500 tickets metroserver.

Although it seems to make games not result in baserape which is a big plus, some people complain about always being balanced. On some occasions multiple times a round.

Is it possible to limit the plugin balancing a person more then 1 time a round? I feel noone has a problem being balanced 1 time a round but as it takes high score players to swap I feel it's not fair if they are being balanced twice or more even.

Maybe im overlooking a setting in the plugin but for now I cant seem to find this.

Players are only moved once per round, UNLESS, you have Disperse Evenly For Rank set to something other than 0 or they try to move to the winning team. If you set Disperse Evenly For Rank to 0 in every mode setting, they will not get moved more than once.

Metro requires special settings. You should use these:

showthread....ll=1#post72791*

Also make sure you don't have any other balancer enabled, like TrueBalancer.

Originally Posted by dyn*:

One area I am having problems with is our Rush 64 server. We run every map and nearly all of them at 200% tickets and it seems that unstacking never kicks in. So it seems I've got something setup totally incorrect.

Here are my probably incorrect settings for rush 64p 200% tickets. Do not copy these.

Enable Unstacking: True

Exclusions: All True

Minutes after joining: 5

Posted Image

Posted Image

What I think needs to be corrected is the Round Phase and Population Settings & then the Rush stages. I'm still a little unclear how the ticket ratio is calculated for rush and how it affects the unstacking. Since we run at 200% most of the maps ticket counts start out at 150 actual tickets.

Anyone have Rush 64 settings they'd be willing to share or able to shed some light on what might work?

Originally Posted by kunoichia*:

Players are only moved once per round, UNLESS, you have Disperse Evenly For Rank set to something other than 0 or they try to move to the winning team. If you set Disperse Evenly For Rank to 0 in every mode setting, they will not get moved more than once.

Metro requires special settings. You should use these:

showthread....ll=1#post72791*

Also make sure you don't have any other balancer enabled, like TrueBalancer.

Ok done that, we got a 48man 1500 tickets server. Used the settings you gave me.

Any finetuning that would be needed from those settings linked by you or should be fine like that?

Thanks in advance will try those settings now.

Clan Tag in Disperse list is KC

[16:59:44] [MULTIbalancer] (AUTO) ON MUST MOVE LIST T:1, Rank 145 >= 145

[16:59:44] [MULTIbalancer] (AUTO) For Angel-del-Diablo in Alpha, found 2 matching tags [KC]

[16:59:44] [MULTIbalancer] (AUTO) Excluding Angel-del-Diablo, 2 players in squad with tag [KC]

[16:59:48] [MULTIbalancer] (AUTO) Unstack is disabled, Enable Unstacking is set to False

[16:59:51] [MULTIbalancer] (AUTO) ON MUST MOVE LIST [KC]tmax6972 T:1, disperse evenly enabled

[16:59:51] [MULTIbalancer] (AUTO) For tmax6972 in Alpha, found 2 matching tags [KC]

[16:59:51] [MULTIbalancer] (AUTO) Excluding tmax6972, 2 players in squad with tag [KC]

[16:59:54] [MULTIbalancer] (AUTO) ON MUST MOVE LIST Dream_SHOINK T:2, Rank 145 >= 145

[16:59:54] [MULTIbalancer] (AUTO) Excluding [NL]Dream_SHOINK: whitelisted

[16:59:54] [MULTIbalancer] (AUTO) For 0horza0 in Alpha, found 1 matching tags [ReZ]

[16:59:54] [MULTIbalancer] (AUTO) Unstack is disabled, Enable Unstacking is set to False

[16:59:58] [MULTIbalancer] (AUTO) For I_S1GMA_I in Alpha, found 1 matching tags [YVR]

[16:59:58] [MULTIbalancer] (AUTO) Unstack is disabled, Enable Unstacking is set to False

You found an issue with 1.0.2. It looks like if you have a tag in dispersal AND you have Same Clan Tags In Squad set to true, the player is exempted. That was not intended, dispersal was supposed to have higher priority.

I will fix in 1.0.3.

Originally Posted by mizehh*:

[19:50:36] [MULTIbalancer] FINAL STATUS FOR PREVIOUS ROUND:

[19:50:36] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Map = Grand Bazaar, mode = Conquest Small, time in round = 00:00:57, tickets = 0/232

[19:50:36] [MULTIbalancer] Status: 0/10 raged, 4 reassigned, 0 balanced, 0 unstacked, 0 unswitched, 10 excluded, 16 exempted, 0 failed; of 192 TOTAL

[19:50:36] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Team counts [19] = 8(US) vs 12(RU), with 1 unassigned

This balancer doesn't work at all with our server. Those reassigned players was moved to winning team during round. When round started server was full. Soon baserape and most players left because of that. Moving back to truebalancer.

One area I am having problems with is our Rush 64 server. We run every map and nearly all of them at 200% tickets and it seems that unstacking never kicks in. So it seems I've got something setup totally incorrect.

Here are my probably incorrect settings for rush 64p 200% tickets. Do not copy these.

Enable Unstacking: True

Exclusions: All True

Minutes after joining: 5

Posted Image

Posted Image

What I think needs to be corrected is the Round Phase and Population Settings & then the Rush stages. I'm still a little unclear how the ticket ratio is calculated for rush and how it affects the unstacking. Since we run at 200% most of the maps ticket counts start out at 150 actual tickets.

Anyone have Rush 64 settings they'd be willing to share or able to shed some light on what might work?

It might not be your settings. It might be new stage detection, which is not working well in 1.0.2. It's much improved in 1.0.3.

Unstacking phases are calculated per stage, so 150 and 200 could indeed happen during a stage, there's nothing wrong with that.

If you want to see a lot of unstacking, you should change your Stage 1-4 adjustments so that no adjustment is made (set to 0) for stage 1 through 3, and stage 4 disables unstacking, by setting to -200. Alternatively, you could set your Section 3 values lower, like 0,120,120 and then change your adjustments to be 1) 0, 2) 30, 3) 80, 4) -120. That will give you, for High population, stage 1 at 120, stage 2 at 150, stage 3 at 200, and stage 4 at 0.

Ok done that, we got a 48man 1500 tickets server. Used the settings you gave me.

Any finetuning that would be needed from those settings linked by you or should be fine like that?

Thanks in advance will try those settings now.

For 48 player max, you have to change Max Players to 48 and Definition Of High Population For Players to 32. Everything else should be fine.

[19:50:36] [MULTIbalancer] FINAL STATUS FOR PREVIOUS ROUND:

[19:50:36] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Map = Grand Bazaar, mode = Conquest Small, time in round = 00:00:57, tickets = 0/232

[19:50:36] [MULTIbalancer] Status: 0/10 raged, 4 reassigned, 0 balanced, 0 unstacked, 0 unswitched, 10 excluded, 16 exempted, 0 failed; of 192 TOTAL

[19:50:36] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Team counts [19] = 8(US) vs 12(RU), with 1 unassigned

This balancer doesn't work at all with our server. Those reassigned players was moved to winning team during round. When round started server was full. Soon baserape and most players left because of that. Moving back to truebalancer.

According to the log, the plugin was only active for 57 seconds. Are you forming your opinion on more than that?

Originally Posted by kcuestag*:

Hey PapaCharlie9, will you implement the late phase thing we talked about for disperse evenly by rank 145 as we talked for this 1.0.3.0 coming version? :smile:

Hey PapaCharlie9, will you implement the late phase thing we talked about for disperse evenly by rank 145 as we talked for this 1.0.3.0 coming version? :smile:

Yes, something similar is in 1.0.3. Basically, like I said before, dispersal will respect Balance Speed being set to Stop. So if you set up your Late phase correctly, no one will be dispersed.

I think I added everything you asked for into 1.0.3. You'll soon see. :smile:

Originally Posted by kcuestag*:

Yes, something similar is in 1.0.3. Basically, like I said before, dispersal will respect Balance Speed being set to Stop. So if you set up your Late phase correctly, no one will be dispersed.

I think I added everything you asked for into 1.0.3. You'll soon see. :smile:

That's awesome, honestly can't wait to try this 1.0.3 version, I want it already!!! hehe

According to the log, the plugin was only active for 57 seconds. Are you forming your opinion on more than that?

Why does it say that it has been active only 37 seconds? Round duration was 11 minutes. Plugin has been running since I installed it 5 days ago. Sometimes it works well but sometimes it doesn't work at all. When I check from logs round before that it says that plugin has been active 3 minutes when round lasted 18 minutes.

Why does it say that it has been active only 37 seconds? Round duration was 11 minutes. Plugin has been running since I installed it 5 days ago. Sometimes it works well but sometimes it doesn't work at all. When I check from logs round before that it says that plugin has been active 3 minutes when round lasted 18 minutes.

Just in the log you quoted:

Code:

[19:50:36] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Map = Grand Bazaar, mode = Conquest Small, [b]time in round = 00:00:57[/b], tickets = 0/232 <- [262]
Maybe you meant to copy a different end of round result?

Just in the log you quoted:

Code:

[19:50:36] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Map = Grand Bazaar, mode = Conquest Small, [b]time in round = 00:00:57[/b], tickets = 0/232 <- [262]
Maybe you meant to copy a different end of round result?
I understand that but what does it mean? Plugin was disabled rest of the round? If so why was it disabled?

Originally Posted by TreeSaint*:

@Papa- I like the evenly dispersed list.

Is there a chance to add 2 lists... Details - If I want to ensure certain players or small clans are on opposite teams.

opposing team list?

Originally Posted by shadow2k1*:

the problem i see with this plugin, as it seems from other posts, is that there are TO MANY adjustments/options to make for the common user. ever heard the term "less is more"?

im not knocking the plugin, so dont take this as an insult to ya PC9. i use it, but i will admit here that I dont understand what 70% of the settings mean and i dont think others fully understand it either.

trying to explain your thoughts in words for everyone to understand is difficult.

maybe you can make some type of preset mode and an advanced mode for users?

or

maybe someone who understands it all can post examples of what each setting means in laymans terms

maybe someone who understands it all can post examples of what each setting means in laymans terms

What helped me when I was first starting out with TrueBalancer
that panther put out.

My knowledge of MB and ability to break everything down in terms others could understand are not up to par.

Edit: So any volunteers? lol :cool:

Originally Posted by tarreltje*:

the problem i see with this plugin, as it seems from other posts, is that there are TO MANY adjustments/options to make for the common user. ever heard the term "less is more"?

im not knocking the plugin, so dont take this as an insult to ya PC9. i use it, but i will admit here that I dont understand what 70% of the settings mean and i dont think others fully understand it either.

trying to explain your thoughts in words for everyone to understand is difficult.

or

maybe someone who understands it all can post examples of what each setting means in laymans terms[/quote

this is not to brag :smile:, but... you dont HAVE to use it!!

1 preset wont work, because every server gets other people on it. The beauty of this balancer is, that it is tweakable to the server needs, to get the best out of it with the most balanced games. A basic preset should kinda work, but you still have to tweak it!

Or either read into it and ask here about settings ect, or keep your hands off it and stick to Insane balancer and True Balancer!!

Originally Posted by shadow2k1*:

or

maybe someone who understands it all can post examples of what each setting means in laymans terms[/quote

this is not to brag :smile:, but... you dont HAVE to use it!!

1 preset wont work, because every server gets other people on it. The beauty of this balancer is, that it is tweakable to the server needs, to get the best out of it with the most balanced games. A basic preset should kinda work, but you still have to tweak it!

Or either read into it and ask here about settings ect, or keep your hands off it and stick to Insane balancer and True Balancer!!

who said 1 preset? how many modes are there? and how many possible player limit servers are there?

i know, its probably a lot of presets but case in point the post above this.

Originally Posted by Sabn0ck*:

i know with the experience i've had with MB, insane balancer works better(with latest update) for me.

again, im sure it's my set up of MB causing it to fail.

Doesn't base balance on anything but previous round or rank. would like to see global stats fetched for balance if possible.

anyone available to get on comms, listen to what i would like for MB to do and help me set it up that way?

i'm confused, very confused, lol

If not being able to use global battlelog SPM stats is a deal breaker for you then your best bet is to wait and see if V2 has it. Though I would still encourage you to at least give the plugin a shot using simply round stats and see what happens. You might find by experimenting that by using the unstacker and the pre-round stats you can get a pretty good balanced game without pissing too many people off.

I don't have time right now for voice comms but I'm sure if you were to write out what you needed someone would get with you.

Also remember that with MB you can totally disable the unstacking features (one of the hardest items to grasp, imho) and just let it do the team balancing / end of round shuffling. So, again, try just the scrambler and see what happens. If doesn't produce the balance you're used to with InsaneBalancer just disable MB and renable Insane. This way you don't even have to try the unstacker.

i want clan tags to stack(would be nice if there was a population threshold that this started/stopped).

i want teams to be balanced at round end

i want live balancing

i want it to work with Balance Server Seeders

clan stack seems to work

round end balance doesnt because its based by round-i get pretty close rounds most of the time with insane balancer spm balance

live balancing allows teams to be numerically unbalanced for too long

I use Balance Server Seeders and added names in the seeder plugin to whitelist on MB but it doesnt function properly

i used "intense" preset then changed the exclusion for "keep clan tags in same squad" from false to true

i also turned off the reserved slot whitelist as i have a large vip list

this set up didnt do anything towards close rounds, infact they were completely lopsided for 24 hrs until i disabled MB and enabled IB

Other than this, I havent done anything else.

i used "intense" preset then changed the exclusion for "keep clan tags in same squad" from false to true

As other have echoed in this thread while using the presets MIGHT work you are much better off just setting it up custom. You might see the same results you're seeing with InsaneBalancer by just using the auto balancer & round scrambler on MB.

i want clan tags to stack(would be nice if there was a population threshold that this started/stopped).

With MB the clan tag feature works like this:

player will be excluded from being moved for balancing or unstacking if they are a member of a squad (or team, in the case of SQDM) that has at least one other player in it with the same clan tag.

This feature is different from InsaneBalancer's keep_clans feature. With IB the plugin will actively try and keep all ABC clan members on the same team. MB doesn't do that. MB will simply not split up 2 or more users who are in the same squad if they are wearing the same clan tag.

i want teams to be balanced at round end

Edit #4 of the plugin settings - select metric to scramble by. I've been using RoundSPM to figure out who my point whores (and hopefully team) players are. Want to keep squads together? Enable that.

i want live balancing

Let's first try the balancer only and see what happens?

Section 0:

Use Round Phase, Population and Exclustion preset: Balance only

Enable Unstacking: False

Section 6:

I have everything set to true. This will ensure when someone is balanced they can't just move back. Feel free to edit as you wish.

Then go to the individual settings section for the mode you're running. Example: conquest large / assault 64? Go to section 8.

Enable Scrambler: True

i want it to work with Balance Server Seeders

Using it with balance seeders! Not an issue. The only different thing we're doing is that we have all names in the VIP list. We have 50 names in there. We then have some names added directly to the whitelist on MB. Works without issue.

live balancing allows teams to be numerically unbalanced for too long

While I haven't noticed a long delay in balancing, I did find the following (cause for concern_):

[12:49:08] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Autobalance is active (136 secs), phase = Early, population = Medium, speed = Adaptive, unstack when ticket ratio >= 0%

[12:49:08] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Model not in sync for 2.3 mins: fMoving = 1, fReassigned = 0

[12:49:08] [MULTIbalancer] Status: 0/6 raged, 1 reassigned, 0 balanced, 0 unstacked, 0 unswitched, 1 excluded, 17 exempted, 0 failed; of 23 TOTAL

[12:49:08] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Team counts [45] = 23(US) vs 22(RU), with 2 unassigned

seeing things like this constantly towards round end:

[19:59:41] Av1at0r_Z > I get fucking switched from best player on US team to best on RU at end of map, fuck this server

seeing things like this constantly towards round end:

[19:59:41] Av1at0r_Z > I get fucking switched from best player on US team to best on RU at end of map, fuck this server

Sorry about the oversight. Forgot some steps. This is what happen when sleep schedule is totally messed up =(

Following settings can be set to whatever you'd like depending on how late you want the server to balance. Too far and you'll see the above type of responses. For exact details refer to the original post. If unstacking is currently disabled we only want to change the Balance Speed in this section.

The followings settings are what I have for 64p conquest . Since I haven't had a good chance to further test their might still be a better setup. However, these settings are not pissing off the users (too much). Depending on tickets and mode your numbers shiould be adjusted.

Section 1: (only needed if you choose to use Adaptive below)

Seconds until adaptive speed becomes fast: 180

----

From the front post: Adaptive Setting: Starts out slow; if teams remain unbalanced, gradually selects more players to move; if teams are still unbalanced after Seconds Until Adaptive Speed Becomes Fast, many players are selected, etc.

----

Section 3:

Early Phase: Balance Speed: Slow, Adaptive, Adaptive

Mid Phase: Balance Speed: Slow, Slow, Slow

Last Phase: Balance Speed: Stop, Stop, Stop

----

Each word above represents a different phase of the game. For example, the first line (Slow, Adaptive, Adaptive) represents the very start of the game on 3 different population levels (defined in a second): Low, Medium, High. If the population is low the speed is slow. If the population is medium, speed is adaptive. If the population is high, speed is also adaptive.

So at the start of the game, on high population, we will balance using adaptive so it start out slow but if it doesn't work it will auto speed up. In the middle of the game the balance speed is slow. And once we reach the last phase of the game there isn't any balancing at all.

----

Section 8: (select the appropriate section depending on game mode - section 8 doing conquest large)

These first ranges are used by the variables we setup in Section 3. This way the balancer will know what the low medium and high population ranges are.

Conquest Large: Max Player: [Enter in your max server size]

Conquest Large: Definition of high population for players >= 50 [GREATER than this number the server will be considered 'high population']

Definition Of High Population For Players >=: Number greater than or equal to 0 and less than or equal to Max Players. This is where you define the High population level. If the total number of players in the server is greater than or equal to this number, population is High.

Conquest Large: Definition of low population for players

Definition Of Low Population For Players If the total number is between the definition of High and Low, it is Medium.

Conquest Large: Definition of Early Phase as tickets from start:200 [enter in the early phase starting ticket count. this range will be used from section 3.]

So if you enter in 200 here and your server starts with 800 tickets, the 'early phase' lasts from 800 tickets to 600 tickets. Once it reaches 599 tickets the phase changes to mid.

Conquest Large: Definition of Late Phase as tickets from end:175 [enter in the late phase ticket count. this range will be used from section 3.]

So your server started out at 800 tickets. It's gone through the early phase, the mid phase and is now at 174 tickets. Since this number is lower than the number we just entered above all balancing will stop. No players will be moved due to the settings we have in place from section 3.

---------------

I wrote out a bit extra than I might have needed to.. hopefully it all makes sense. I was a bit confused at first by the descriptions on the front post myself and really only started to understand them once I turned debugging on and opened up the log file to see what it does, when. Once you've got these sections setup, and you're comfortable tweaking the settings a bit more, you really only have a few sections to edit to be using the unstacker.