MULTIbalancer [1.1.6.0] 30-MAR-2015 + BFHL

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

Found some problems in overnight testing. Also, it didn't help that there was a massive Blaze this morning.

I'll have to run another overnight test, so the new estimated release date is Wednesday.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by HexaCanon*:

cant wait for settings related to ticket loss ratio and the bug fixes in next version seems very important.

Code:

[20:18:43 95] [MULTIbalancer] FINAL STATUS FOR PREVIOUS ROUND:
[20:18:43 95] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Map = Operation Metro, mode = Conquest Large, time in round = 01:05:01, tickets = 0/110 <- [2001]
[20:18:43 95] [MULTIbalancer] Status: 10/101 raged, 40 reassigned, 11 balanced, 16 unstacked, 25 unswitched, 155 excluded, 852 exempted, 3 failed; of 3816 TOTAL
[20:18:43 95] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Team counts [64] = 32(US) vs 32(RU), with 0 unassigned
[20:18:43 95] [MULTIbalancer] +------------------------------------------------+
:smile:

Originally Posted by guapoloko*:

Complaints I have received ...

=FTB= FORCA TATICA BRASILEIRA

Sender's Name: Axxxxxe

Sender's Email: [email protected]

Subject: =FTB= FORCA TATICA BRASILEIRA - Feedback: Balance server settings

on most rounds on your servers i get ballanced for nothing to the losing team, I think that is no good. i get a bad win / lose stats, and i need to play twice as hard to get the losing team up against the team i helpt to get up in the 1ste place. Please tel me if you are gonne keep the ballance as is is right now? Thanks

Axxxxxe

Originally Posted by xFaNtASyGiRLx*:

Also complains on the battlelog forum:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4625543447928/

Yep! that's what I've been saying in my past posts. players are just getting mad that they are getting switched to losing side after working so hard on the winning side- then losing side becomes winning side.

I had two players come to my forum just to tell me today that they are no longer going to play on my servers because of the balancing.. There loss. My servers are still populated since I've had MB in place so not everyone is quitting because of it. However, I don't wan to lose too many regulars.

I have lowered the # of swaps on CTF for now.

What I found hilarious is in the chat the other day, someone said that a lot of servers are using this new balancing tool because of the latest "procon update" which is switching top players to losing side :P So yaaaa.. they blamed it on procon :smile:

I am curious to know how many of us are using MB as of now. I know some admins who never post on here are.

that guy has been complaining to me, and i kept slowing the unstacking to the point that it does little change. yet i dunno why he complains.

my current settings are :

early phase unstack : 0,120,120

mid phase unstack : 0,130,130

end : 0,0,0

thats on 800 ticket server

balance speed is on :

slow,slow,slow

slow,slow,slow

stop, stop, stop

and for large conquest settings :

max unstacking swaps : 8

swaps per group : 1

seconds : 150

i find that is as slow as it can be.

Edit : maybe it is related to the fixed bug

"Unstacking not respecting minimum player requirement - 4 players were getting moved for unstacking!"?

Originally Posted by tarreltje*:

For now im back to IB. I wait the new update, to test out. Im running only TDM canals and kharg 250Tix and metro conq small 400Tix. For this situation IB will do fine!

also i think the default settings has to be changed.

0, 120, 120 ratio is small and should be 130 maybe.

unstack swaps 3 ever 300 seconds is alot, should 3 every 450 or 2 every 300.

just something that does not make the admins who use the plugin on default settings have fast unstacking.

Originally Posted by tarreltje*:

Also like what Fantasygirl said, im wondering how many admins MB are using, Im following this tread everyday, looking at some info that can help me, also like you hex, you guys seem to know what you are doing, what MB actualy does, the idea behind it, but i think to many admins are using it , like its TB or IB.. a shame actualy but they will notice that things can get bad when you set MB wrong....

Originally Posted by wishmaster2002uk*:

can someone please give me a setup that will work on conquest 32 slot and also gunmaster

i want to use balance and unstacker hopefully unstacking before were halfway through the round.

and not moving 1 person hopefully more than once.

thanks in advance

Also like what Fantasygirl said, im wondering how many admins MB are using, Im following this tread everyday, looking at some info that can help me, also like you hex, you guys seem to know what you are doing, what MB actualy does, the idea behind it, but i think to many admins are using it , like its TB or IB.. a shame actualy but they will notice that things can get bad when you set MB wrong....

I think you can use MB in the same way you use IB in that you just turn unstacking to OFF and set scramble between rounds to true. I think this will do the same thing IB did. I used to use TB & IB as well but now just MB.

just something that does not make the admins who use the plugin on default settings have fast unstacking.

I have indeed changed the default for swaps to be 4/2 every 600 seconds (ten minutes). 2/2 for small modes. Default to conservative numbers, allow admins to crank up as needed.

120% is kind of low for modes that tend to get out of whack quickly, or maps like Metro. But it works pretty well in a lot of other situations. On a 1000 ticket server, 120% is 600 vs 500, a 100 ticket difference. That's a lot. That said, no one number is going to be perfect for everyone, which is why Unstacking is disabled by default.

Maybe ticket loss rate will be better, we'll see.

Also complains on the battlelog forum:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4625543447928/

Interesting. Not sure all of that is even about this plugin, but if it is, how cool is that? Making an impact!

If your players complain about unstacking, turn it off.

Set the Percent Of Top Of Team Is Strong to 50% to reduce the number of good players that get moved to the losing team.

Current usage numbers:

1.0.2.0 266

1.0.0.0 24

1.0.1.0 15

I have no idea who the throwbacks are that are using 1.0.0.0!

In the grand scheme of things, a drop in the bucket compared to all possible BF3 servers, even if you only count the ones that fill up.

For comparison, True Balancer has almost 2000, counting both versions.

Originally Posted by ADKGamers*:

MB works great! It's used on all of our servers.

Originally Posted by Blitz*:

The way I see it, players that complain are the one's that want an easy victory or they only care about stats. Players that like a challenge and want to have a more intense gaming experience, embrace it. It really depends on the crowd that you get on your server. Our regulars embrace it because they want a challenge. So if you have a bunch of pussies that want an easy win, you will most definitely get complainers.

Early phase we use 0,115,113. Mid phase we use 0,140,130. Mind you we have a 1500 ticket CQ large server.

And yes we also use 2 swaps per 300 secs. But We have a lot of time to afford for balancing. Smaller ticket servers may want to check more frequently if they want a close game.

Maybe ticket loss rate will be better, we'll see.

Papa, this really is the most intelligent medium and can be more easily controlled and customized based on admins preference.

Originally Posted by kcuestag*:

Huge work on this update, thanks a lot PC9, I'm trying it out right now, I think adding "Minutes After Being Moved" is an awesome idea, prevents from players complaining of being moved every round. :smile:

Originally Posted by shadow2k1*:

The new setting Only Move Weak Players is set to True (enabled) by default.

so you are moving weak players from the winning team to the losing team?

am i missing something?

if they are the a weak player, moving them from a winning team to a losing team means that a weak player from a losing team will be moved to the winning team and then eventually that weak player will still be a weak player and get moved AGAIN

so it will end up being just a loop of moving the weak players back n forth (if he stays in the server after being moved alot)

moving the strong players shouldnt have been changed, i think

so you are moving weak players from the winning team to the losing team?

am i missing something?

if they are the a weak player, moving them from a winning team to a losing team means that a weak player from a losing team will be moved to the winning team and then eventually that weak player will still be a weak player and get moved AGAIN

so it will end up being just a loop of moving the weak players back n forth (if he stays in the server after being moved alot)

moving the strong players shouldnt have been changed, i think

It moves weak players only, from the bigger team to the smaller team, regardless of who is winning or losing. Think of it as "Don't move strong players" if enabled.

The same balancing rules apply to only being moved once, etc, as before. There's no danger of looping, nothing else has been changed.

If you are looking for a downside, the correct one is that this will slow down the balancer. The pool of eligible players has been cut in half (or whatever your Percentage Of Top Of Team Is Strong setting is, subtracted from 100%), so it will take longer to find players to move to the smaller team.

What's likely to happen is that players quit from the losing team, making it the smaller team and unbalanced. The balancer kicks in and moves weak players from the winning team to the losing team until balanced. Absent new players joining, this will have the effect of concentrating good players on the winning team.

Based on the complaints from the various forums posted above, this is what many players want. :smile:

Personally, I'd turn it off. The point is, you now have a choice.

Originally Posted by Roughneck2-0*:

Thank you very much for all the hard work!

Installed v1.0.3.0 and going to check out the BattlelogSPM feature tonight.

Running a 48-slot Rush-only game-server, so those specific game mode fixes you've mentioned should also be interesting to check out.

Regards,

can you please explain the fixed bug

"* Unstacking not respecting minimum player requirement - 4 players were getting moved for unstacking!"

i need to know so that i can figure how i should change the unstacking accordingly.

Ok, I updated to 1.0.3.0 and changed only move weak players to false for AM server and the server has become lopsided again. 1k vs 300 tix etc for the past few games. I also made the minutes after being moved 120. Could the 120 minutes be causing this?

[14:58:05 61] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] Command: gen 3

[14:58:05 61] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 3 - Round Phase and Population Settings|Early Phase: Ticket Percentage To Unstack (Low, Med, High population): 130, 120, 120

[14:58:05 61] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 3 - Round Phase and Population Settings|Mid Phase: Ticket Percentage To Unstack (Low, Med, High population): 140, 130, 130

[14:58:05 61] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 3 - Round Phase and Population Settings|Late Phase: Ticket Percentage To Unstack (Low, Med, High population): 0, 0, 0

[14:58:05 61] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 3 - Round Phase and Population Settings|Spelling Of Speed Names Reminder: Click_Here_For_Speed_Names

[14:58:05 61] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 3 - Round Phase and Population Settings|Early Phase: Balance Speed (Low, Med, High population): Slow, Slow, Slow

[14:58:05 61] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 3 - Round Phase and Population Settings|Mid Phase: Balance Speed (Low, Med, High population): Slow, Slow, Slow

[14:58:05 61] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 3 - Round Phase and Population Settings|Late Phase: Balance Speed (Low, Med, High population): Stop, Stop, Stop

[14:58:11 01] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] Command: gen cl

[14:58:11 01] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Max Players: 64

[14:58:11 01] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Check Team Stacking After First Minutes: 10

[14:58:11 01] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Max Unstacking Swaps Per Round: 6

[14:58:11 01] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Number Of Swaps Per Group: 2

[14:58:11 01] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Delay Seconds Between Swap Groups: 300

[14:58:11 01] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Determine Strong Players By: RoundSPM

[14:58:11 01] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Percent Of Top Of Team Is Strong: 40

[14:58:11 01] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Only Move Weak Players: False

[14:58:11 01] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Disperse Evenly By Rank >=: 0

[14:58:11 01] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Enable Disperse Evenly List: True

[14:58:11 01] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Definition Of High Population For Players >=: 48

[14:58:11 01] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Definition Of Low Population For Players

[14:58:11 01] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Definition Of Early Phase As Tickets From Start: 300

[14:58:11 01] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Definition Of Late Phase As Tickets From End: 300

[14:58:11 01] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Enable Scrambler: True

[14:58:11 01] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conquest Large|Conquest Large: Enable Metro Adjustments: False

[14:56:05 29] [MULTIbalancer] FINAL STATUS FOR PREVIOUS ROUND:

[14:56:05 30] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Map = Markaz Monolith, mode = Conquest Large, time in round = 00:29:59, tickets = 1054/0

[14:56:05 30] [MULTIbalancer] Status: 1/35 raged, 9 reassigned, 2 balanced, 8 unstacked, 1 unswitched, 106 excluded, 197 exempted, 0 failed; of 593 TOTAL

[14:56:05 30] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Team counts [50] = 25(US) vs 25(RU), with 0 unassigned

edit: not sure if the whole STATS resets issue that's currently going on has an influence on this.

Originally Posted by dyn*:

EB ® is saying that upwards of 10% of all users on his server are without stats. If this is the case, I'd be willing to bet that the new "online stats" shouldn't be used quite yet. I have just disabled online stats for MB in our servers.

One question is why do you have Check Team Stacking After First Minutes: 10 set at "10"? Yes that's what the suggested thread lists but I don't know if I personally agree with it.

Your round was 30 minutes long so that means the round was already 1/3 of the way done before it even started to check for unstack. Also might be interesting to see when the unstacker actually started to kick in, that is how long into the game (ticket wise) was the first unstack? If one team was already 300 tickets up within the first 10 minutes (which might be possible because Team 1 lost under 200 tickets the entire round!) the stage is already set for a massive rape fest.

Edit: Just to clarify what I thought was best is to balance the teams out early into the game, like literally under 5 minutes after round start. So also posing a question too: Is there a reason to make it wait for 10 minutes to even see if there is massive ticket loss? If there is ticket loss early (within the first 5 minutes) you could reasonably assume it's going to be big ticket loss in another 5 minutes. So isn't it best to try and balance as early as possible?