8 - Settings for Rush|Rush: Delay Seconds Between Swap Groups: 600

8 - Settings for Rush|Rush: Determine Strong Players By: BattlelogSPM

8 - Settings for Rush|Rush: Percent Of Top Of Team Is Strong: 33

8 - Settings for Rush|Rush: Only Move Weak Players: True

8 - Settings for Rush|Rush: Disperse Evenly By Rank >=: 0

8 - Settings for Rush|Rush: Enable Disperse Evenly List: False

8 - Settings for Rush|Rush: Definition Of High Population For Players >=: 48

8 - Settings for Rush|Rush: Definition Of Low Population For Players

8 - Settings for Rush|Rush: Definition Of Early Phase As Tickets From Start: 100

8 - Settings for Rush|Rush: Definition Of Late Phase As Tickets From End: 56

8 - Settings for Rush|Rush: Enable Scrambler: True

8 - Settings for Rush|Rush: Stage 1 Ticket Percentage To Unstack Adjustment: 0

8 - Settings for Rush|Rush: Stage 2 Ticket Percentage To Unstack Adjustment: 50

8 - Settings for Rush|Rush: Stage 3 Ticket Percentage To Unstack Adjustment: 150

8 - Settings for Rush|Rush: Stage 4 And 5 Ticket Percentage To Unstack Adjustment: -120

8 - Settings for Rush|Rush: Seconds To Check For New Stage: 10

is it ok?

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by kcuestag*:

I believe the Scrambler needs some polishing to be done. Even with "Keep Squads Together" set to True, (I have "Scramble By" PlayerRank), when the round ends, it splits me and other clan mates to other squads.

It makes no sense at all, it keeps us at the same team, but it moves us to different squads, why move us to different squads when we were already together on previous round... I don't think this should be happening... Plus we're on the Whitelist too...

Originally Posted by HexaCanon*:

I believe the Scrambler needs some polishing to be done. Even with "Keep Squads Together" set to True, (I have "Scramble By" PlayerRank), when the round ends, it splits me and other clan mates to other squads.

It makes no sense at all, it keeps us at the same time, but it moves us to different squads, I don't think this should be happening... Plus we're on the Whitelist too...

i agree with your observation, it will be nice if MB puts the same tag players who are in the same team into the same squad.

also, is it possible to make MB and IL understand each other regarding stats fetching ? at this moment i am afraid i would get throttled again if i turn on battlelog fetching.

Originally Posted by tarreltje*:

So far with the scrambler, if my clanmates are in the same squad it keeps them there during the scramble, maby it changes the squad but they stick together.

Only what hex said, if clanmembers are divide in different squads, it would be nice that it stacks them in a squad during scramble!

Other question, where are the settings stored of Multibalancer? I turned on the loggin into a file, then suddenly my procon crashed XD. Maby my procon doesnt have enough rights on the server is running, but the only thing to keep procon running again is by deleting

MB out of the plugin map. So im looking for a solution to reset MB

So far with the scrambler, if my clanmates are in the same squad it keeps them there during the scramble, maby it changes the squad but they stick together.

Only what hex said, if clanmembers are divide in different squads, it would be nice that it stacks them in a squad during scramble!

Other question, where are the settings stored of Multibalancer? I turned on the loggin into a file, then suddenly my procon crashed XD. Maby my procon doesnt have enough rights on the server is running, but the only thing to keep procon running again is by deleting

go to Configs/Ip_port.cfg

open that file and you will see a line starting with

Code:

procon.protected.plugins.enable "MULTIbalancer" True
take everything from that line and below it that is related to the plugin and save it somewhere else.

when you reset everything put it back at the same place.

Weird, it's not working properly for us.

Sometimes it keeps us together, but many times it also splits us to different Squads even though we're on the same team...

Scrambler is definitely broken, even with "Keep Squads Together" or same clan tags...

It keeps disbanding our Squad every time a game ends, so I guess I'm disabling the Scrambler until this is fixed.

Originally Posted by dyn*:

Issues regarding the scrambler: I've seen several instances where it tries to balance a nearly full server by, what appears to be, filling up Team 2 (32 players) and then putting the rest of the players on Team 1 (whatever is leftover... maybe 15-20 players). This just looks VERY weird in procon and I'd have to imagine it looks even weirder in game. Like having one massive team and then just a few players on the other side -- "admin stacking" anyone which might cause more players to drop during round end?

So after MB puts mashes a big group together on Team 2 it will stay like that until the built in BF3 server end of round balancer takes over.

I've been awake for ~29 hours but am confident that I've seen seen the above behavior several times with the new version. Could this be what's causing the issue? I should have logs of this if they would be helpful.

I believe the "Minutes after being Moved" is not working either..

I have it set to 90 minutes, a player was balanced TWICE in the same round, and next round it was also balanced, all of that in a time lapse of about 20-30 minutes...

Getting lots of complaints about this and the scrambler issue. :sad:

Maby is bugged on sertain modes? Im running only TDM now, no unstancking just balancing, and like i said for me the scrambler is doing his job, also the balancer set on 90 minutes is working. have seen people balanced twice or somethin, also the log i follow i can see things like excluding blabla for balancing, last move was 60min ago..

Also can it be due your white lists and friend list are to big, so that MB doenst know who to balance anymore?

I have it set to 90 minutes, a player was balanced TWICE in the same round, and next round it was also balanced, all of that in a time lapse of about 20-30 minutes...

i believe for this kind of reports you will have to show logs. and screenshot of how much time these players has been on.

Originally Posted by TreeSaint*:

@Papa-

I am still having multiple unstackings on low population with settings 0,110,110 for all three phases.

I also have the max unstack set to 1 and number of swaps to 1 in that game mode.

when it does this it will load one group by up to 4 extra players.

Saint

i believe for this kind of reports you will have to show logs. and screenshot of how much time these players has been on.

I can't show logs because my plugin log .txt file is always empty, it only shows this:

Plugin logging started: sábado, 1 junio 2013 00:00:07

Plugin logging stopped: sábado, 1 junio 2013 02:38:25

Plugin logging started: sábado, 1 junio 2013 16:13:58

Any way of fixing that?

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

8 - Settings for Rush|Rush: Max Players: 64

8 - Settings for Rush|Rush: Check Team Stacking After First Minutes: 5

8 - Settings for Rush|Rush: Max Unstacking Swaps Per Round: 2

8 - Settings for Rush|Rush: Number Of Swaps Per Group: 2

8 - Settings for Rush|Rush: Delay Seconds Between Swap Groups: 600

8 - Settings for Rush|Rush: Determine Strong Players By: BattlelogSPM

8 - Settings for Rush|Rush: Percent Of Top Of Team Is Strong: 33

8 - Settings for Rush|Rush: Only Move Weak Players: True

8 - Settings for Rush|Rush: Disperse Evenly By Rank >=: 0

8 - Settings for Rush|Rush: Enable Disperse Evenly List: False

8 - Settings for Rush|Rush: Definition Of High Population For Players >=: 48

8 - Settings for Rush|Rush: Definition Of Low Population For Players

8 - Settings for Rush|Rush: Definition Of Early Phase As Tickets From Start: 100

8 - Settings for Rush|Rush: Definition Of Late Phase As Tickets From End: 56

8 - Settings for Rush|Rush: Enable Scrambler: True

8 - Settings for Rush|Rush: Stage 1 Ticket Percentage To Unstack Adjustment: 0

8 - Settings for Rush|Rush: Stage 2 Ticket Percentage To Unstack Adjustment: 50

8 - Settings for Rush|Rush: Stage 3 Ticket Percentage To Unstack Adjustment: 150

8 - Settings for Rush|Rush: Stage 4 And 5 Ticket Percentage To Unstack Adjustment: -120

8 - Settings for Rush|Rush: Seconds To Check For New Stage: 10

is it ok?

I'd suggest a few changes.

Since you want to use unstacking, set Only Move Weak Players to False.

Set Max Unstacking Swaps Per Group to 4 and set Delay Seconds Between Swap Groups to the average length of your stages in seconds. 600 means 10 minutes (10 x 60 seconds), so if your stages last roughly 10 minutes, that's what you want.

Set Number Of Swaps Per Group to 1.

The Definition Of Early Phase As Tickets From Start should be a tad lower. Max tickets were 225, right? I'd make it 75 instead of 100.

Is your Section 3 the same as the one in the Collected Settings? If so, the rest looks good.

It makes no sense at all, it keeps us at the same team, but it moves us to different squads, why move us to different squads when we were already together on previous round... I don't think this should be happening... Plus we're on the Whitelist too...

What's your Delay Seconds set to? It is probably too low.

Please read the NOTE ABOUT SCRAMBLING:

myrcon.net/...multibalancer-30-mar-2015-bfhl#entry33580

You might also want to refresh your reading of the Scrambler section in post #1. It talks about the Whitelist.

Do a scrambled command in Show Command In Log after you think the scrambler failed and I am sure the output will show you that the plugin did exactly what you wanted. It's the game server that messes it up afterwards.

i agree with your observation, it will be nice if MB puts the same tag players who are in the same team into the same squad.

Under what combination of settings? If you have Keep Squads Together set to True, that is impossible to do, because it would require breaking squads up in contradiction to your setting. If you have Keep Squads Together set to False and Keep Clan Tags In Same Squad set to True, again, it would be impossible again, because I'd have to break up the squad that contains players with the same clan tag.

It sounds like you want a third setting, or you want the default if both Keep Squads Together and Keep Clan Tags In Same Squad are False to be group players with the same tag into squads. I could do that, however, note that in that case players with the same tag maybe be split between teams.

also, is it possible to make MB and IL understand each other regarding stats fetching ? at this moment i am afraid i would get throttled again if i turn on battlelog fetching.

Yes, it is possible. The solution is called Battlelog Cache. In all seriousness, that is the intended integration point.

go to Configs/Ip_port.cfg

open that file and you will see a line starting with

Code:

procon.protected.plugins.enable "MULTIbalancer" True
take everything from that line and below it that is related to the plugin and save it somewhere else.

when you reset everything put it back at the same place.

AND MAKE A BACKUP COPY FIRST! In case you mess up your other plugins.

Also use Notepad or any Unicode aware editor.

Scrambler is definitely broken, even with "Keep Squads Together" or same clan tags...

It keeps disbanding our Squad every time a game ends, so I guess I'm disabling the Scrambler until this is fixed.

If you want to file a problem report, provide a scrambled command output that shows a failure. Otherwise, I think you are simply not reading the NOTE I provided about what to expect about the Scrambler.

Nothing can be fixed if there is no data showing a problem.

I need logs to see what the problem is, if any. Was the player a Dispersal player? They are subject to being moved twice in the same round.

@Papa-

I am still having multiple unstackings on low population with settings 0,110,110 for all three phases.

I also have the max unstack set to 1 and number of swaps to 1 in that game mode.

when it does this it will load one group by up to 4 extra players.

Saint

I need to see all your settings. Post screen shots or gen command output. All settings.

I can't show logs because my plugin log .txt file is always empty, it only shows this:

Plugin logging started: sábado, 1 junio 2013 00:00:07

Plugin logging stopped: sábado, 1 junio 2013 02:38:25

Plugin logging started: sábado, 1 junio 2013 16:13:58

Any way of fixing that?

I sent you email on how to configure. Tsk, tsk, doing pre-release testing without logging enabled, that's a no-no.

What's your Delay Seconds set to? It is probably too low.

Please read the NOTE ABOUT SCRAMBLING:

myrcon.net/...multibalancer-30-mar-2015-bfhl#entry33580

You might also want to refresh your reading of the Scrambler section in post #1. It talks about the Whitelist.

Do a scrambled command in Show Command In Log after you think the scrambler failed and I am sure the output will show you that the plugin did exactly what you wanted. It's the game server that messes it up afterwards.

Delay Seconds is set by default to 30, what would you recommend then for this setting?

Edit:

I'm wondering if you could also implement so that "Minutes After Being Moved" also includes Rank Dispersal... While I do like having evenly players by lvl 100 colonels on my server, I don't like to see players being balanced every round for rank dispersal. :sad:

I'd rather have a less "perfect" dispersal and have players a bit happier, than have them moved for rank dispersal almost every round. I'd love it if I could exclude them from being moved again for X minutes (90 for example) with the "Minutes After Being Moved". :smile:

Delay Seconds is set by default to 30, what would you recommend then for this setting?

Read this: myrcon.net/...multibalancer-faq-and-detailed-explanations#entry43456

I'd start with 50 and work backward, reducing until you stop running into the game server swapping moves.

Edit:

I'm wondering if you could also implement so that "Minutes After Being Moved" also includes Rank Dispersal... While I do like having evenly players by lvl 100 colonels on my server, I don't like to see players being balanced every round for rank dispersal. :sad:

I'd rather have a less "perfect" dispersal and have players a bit happier, than have them moved for rank dispersal almost every round. I'd love it if I could exclude them from being moved again for X minutes (90 for example) with the "Minutes After Being Moved". :smile:

I don't think that change would be worth the effort. Dispersal is pretty much all or nothing, since the pool of players is relatively small. As soon as you start making exclusions, it will be pretty close to just turning it off, particularly for Rank. I already added the clan tag exclusion for Dispersal. If I add the minutes after being moved too. when there are only 3 colonel 100's in the game to begin with, after the first round or two, they won't be dispersed any longer. Unless your rounds are 90 minutes long.

Here's an illustration.

With minutes after enabled for dispersal by rank, set to 90 minutes.

There are 4 colonel 100's in the game: A, B, C and D. Player A has the [sAFE] tag, which others on his team have, so he will not be moved for dispersal.

Round 1 starts with:

US: [sAFE]A ............... RU: B, C, D

Dispersal moves B to US and now he has 90 minutes of safety.

US: [sAFE]A, B ............ RU: C, D

Round 2 starts 40 minutes later. C and D leave the server, teams are swapped.

US: ........................... RU: [sAFE]A, B

Since everyone is excluded, dispersal can't happen, so the whole round is played lopsided, with 2 colonel 100's on RU and none on US.

=========================

Now compare with just turning the Dispersal by Rank option off.

Round 1 starts with:

US: [sAFE] A ............... RU: B, C, D

The whole round is lopsided with three colonel's on RU and one on US.

Round 2 starts 40 minutes later, C and D leave the server, teams are swapped

US: B .......................... RU: [sAFE]A

Round is balanced for colonel 100's, by luck.

==========================

The same result either way, you get one round balanced for Rank 145, the other round lopsided. While that example is contrived to illustrate the problem, it won't be that unusual for something like that to happen.

Where there might be some value in adding a feature is for the case where more dispersal players join in a following round.

Same scenario as before, but for Round 2, instead of C & D leaving, E and F join the same team as A.

Round 2:

S: C, D ....................... RU: [sAFE]A, B, E, F

What a new feature could do is exclude B for a 90 minute move after exclusion ONLY WHEN E and F have joined and are free to be moved. So the exclusion would be conditional on more dispersal players joining in the next round. If they don't, it is not applied, B might get moved again.

I added a more detailed FAQ explaining why the Scrambler fails sometimes:

myrcon.net/...multibalancer-faq-and-detailed-explanations#entry43457

In writing that up, it occurred to me that the server configuration setting vars.autoBalance might be a possible solution. Do I have any volunteers who are a) running Scrambler with Keep Squads/Tags together, B) experiencing scrambler failures, c) willing to temporarily change their server settings and reboot, d) save and send me Debug Level 7 plugin.logs?

If so, my theory is that if vars.autoBalance is set to false, the game server will stop messing up the Scrambler. It will just swap teams without trying to rebalance team counts. There should be no harm in setting to false, since MB is handling every aspect of balancing for you at every moment in time.

Reply to this post if you are interested.

This helped me!! Thnx

PC9, for A C D i can give you my layer info if you need? Im only runninmg TDM no unstacking. Also havent seen any problems with scrambling!

if reboot- then no. if not, then feel free to make whatever changes you want since you have access.

Yes, sorry, it will need a reboot. Thanks for the offer, though. By the way, I fixed one setting on your AM server just now. Scrambler Only On New Maps was true, but you only run 1 round per map, so it should be False. I changed it.

Originally Posted by marrr*:

I don't think the scrambler works on conquest small servers or something. I works fine on my other 2 servers that are conquest large. any idea on why the scrambler is not working?

[15:20:37 41] [MULTIbalancer] FINAL STATUS FOR PREVIOUS ROUND:

[15:20:37 41] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Map = Operation Metro, mode = Conquest Small, time in round = 00:29:46, tickets = 0/822

[15:20:37 41] [MULTIbalancer] Status: 0/26 raged, 13 reassigned, 0 balanced, 0 unstacked, 1 unswitched, 52 excluded, 0 exempted, 0 failed; of 891 TOTAL

[15:20:37 41] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Team counts [31] = 15(US) vs 16(RU), with 0 unassigned

[15:20:37 41] [MULTIbalancer] +------------------------------------------------+

[15:22:54 19] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] Command: scrambled

[15:22:54 20] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] No scrambler data available

[15:25:10 95] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] Command: gen 4

[15:25:10 96] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 4 - Scrambler|Only On New Maps: False

[15:25:10 96] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 4 - Scrambler|Only On Final Ticket Percentage >=: 120

[15:25:10 96] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 4 - Scrambler|Scramble By: RoundKDR

[15:25:10 96] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 4 - Scrambler|Keep Squads Together: True

[15:25:10 96] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 4 - Scrambler|Divide By: None

[15:25:10 96] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 4 - Scrambler|Delay Seconds: 30

[15:25:55 96] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] Command: gen cs

[15:25:55 96] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Max Players: 32

[15:25:55 97] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Check Team Stacking After First Minutes: 10

[15:25:55 97] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Max Unstacking Swaps Per Round: 2

[15:25:55 97] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Number Of Swaps Per Group: 2

[15:25:55 97] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Delay Seconds Between Swap Groups: 600

[15:25:55 97] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Determine Strong Players By: RoundScore

[15:25:55 97] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Percent Of Top Of Team Is Strong: 50

[15:25:55 97] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Only Move Weak Players: False

[15:25:55 97] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Disperse Evenly By Rank >=: 0

[15:25:55 97] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Enable Disperse Evenly List: False

[15:25:55 97] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Definition Of High Population For Players >=: 28

[15:25:55 97] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Definition Of Low Population For Players

[15:25:55 97] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Definition Of Early Phase As Tickets From Start: 100

[15:25:55 97] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Definition Of Late Phase As Tickets From End: 300

[15:25:55 97] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Enable Scrambler: True

[15:25:55 97] [MULTIbalancer] [show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Enable Metro Adjustments: False

Originally Posted by xFaNtASyGiRLx*:

Yes, sorry, it will need a reboot. Thanks for the offer, though. By the way, I fixed one setting on your AM server just now. Scrambler Only On New Maps was true, but you only run 1 round per map, so it should be False. I changed it.

Ok ty. I can reboot it when its empty- which might happen overnight. If you still need a server to test on. What needs to be changed before the reboot?