MULTIbalancer [1.1.6.0] 30-MAR-2015 + BFHL

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

What helped me when I was first starting out with TrueBalancer

that panther put out.

My knowledge of MB and ability to break everything down in terms others could understand are not up to par.

Edit: So any volunteers? lol :cool:

I nominate Blitz!

A video is a good idea. I'll have to look at the TB one to see what it contains.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by Sabn0ck*:

yes, very confused

i guess i'll stick with IB

i do really appreciate the author's work and the help from dyn . im sure this is an awesome balancer but IB serves it's purpose and i've used it long enough to know how to use it.

Originally Posted by dyn*:

I'm sadly not the best teacher. It's difficult for me share what knowledge I have in my brain. If you're more confused now than you were at the start then I do apologize.

Quick edit: I am also very sleep deprived now (admin shit seems to happen at night, why is that_) so if others agree that it's going to be confusing new guys I should delete it.

Originally Posted by Sabn0ck*:

i'm not more confused than i was. the balancer still doesn't work for me or i guess i should say the way i have i set up doesn't work well or as well as IB.

i was just following your settings but still not understanding what i was doing, lol which is no fault of yours. i'm probably just not interested enough because i was already using a working balancer, tho there's no support from original author, there have been updates from others that do work. bf3 has probably seen it's last major patch and we know the last dlc so there shouldnt be a need for more support for my current balancer. i saw MB advertised, thought the features sounded cool and better and probably are better but without any global stats fetching, it's not worth the effort to learn for me. thanks again to everyone involved in creating and testing this plugin and others. without phogue and you guys, bf3 server management would be nonexistant.

Originally Posted by Blitz*:

I nominate Blitz!

A video is a good idea. I'll have to look at the TB one to see what it contains.

Papa, maybe you and I can come up with a storyboard to explain the video and we can put one together?

I have a buddy that can probably do some professional composting, voice overs and effects too. Add some sexy models and win. :P

Originally Posted by KamelMitLocken*:

Have to say, the plugin is simply awesome in generating an even leveled playfield. Biggest problem as of now are the players who aren't used to being balanced like that.

Yesterday I had a guy on my server who really worked himself to death for the us team and was then unstacked to the RU team. He was understandably mad about that. Another big problem is the late phase. Once that begins (300 Tickets for me) and loosing team is starting to crystalize, lolts of people start leaving to not damage their W/L ratio (for whatever good that does...*shrug*). If I start the autobalance, people will get pulled from the winning team (maybe not the ebst players, but still) and will leave too. As of now I do not have any good idea how to counter that tbh.

For now I need to revert back to TB until the new features are implemented in MB and people are getting used to the new balance.

Anyway, just a big thumbs up to all the developers of MB...awesome job. These small problems will most likely even themselves out once players get more used to it.

@Papa- I like the evenly dispersed list.

Is there a chance to add 2 lists... Details - If I want to ensure certain players or small clans are on opposite teams.

opposing team list?

How about this:

In the Dispersal List, you would be able to add a number before the name/tag/guid, separated by a space. The number does not represent US or RU, it represents a group. All names/tags/guids in group 1 are reassigned/moved to the same team, all names/tags/guids in group 2 are reassigned/move to the same team that is the opposite of 1.

Examples

This Dispersal List doesn't assign to teams, it just disperses players with the specified tags:

Code:

C2A
ARF
WAR
FAP
This Dispersal List forces specified teams, 1 for US, 2 for RU.

Code:

1 C2A
1 ARF
1 WAR
2 FAP
C2A joins and is the only player with a tag. He happens to be in RU this round. Then FAP joins. He will be assigned to US, since C2A is in Group 1 and he is in Group 2.

Mixed list, names/tags/guids without a number are dispersed regardless of team:

Code:

LGN
1 C2A
1 ARF
PapaCharlie9
1 WAR
2 FAP
EA_A1234F5678C901234567891234B384752122331

Originally Posted by kcuestag*:

I get way too many complaints on my server if I have "Disperse Evenly By Rank 145" Enabled mainly because sometimes players are moved more than once, even at almost round end..

So looks like I'm disabling this option for now, let's see if I can still keep it well balanced even with no lvl 145 dispersal. :smile:

How about this:

In the Dispersal List, you would be able to add a number before the name/tag/guid, separated by a space. The number does not represent US or RU, it represents a group. All names/tags/guids in group 1 are reassigned/moved to the same team, all names/tags/guids in group 2 are reassigned/move to the same team that is the opposite of 1.

If you move forward with this it would be great if it were possible to setup limits for each group or when to apply this.

Examples:

20 people on the server out of 64. I would hate to force people to be split up.

There are only 1 member of C2A and one member of FAP online. No need to split them up since there are so few. However, if there are 3 members of C2A and 4 members of FAP, split them up.

Originally Posted by HexaCanon*:

How about this:

Examples

This Dispersal List doesn't assign to teams, it just disperses players with the specified tags:

Code:

C2A
ARF
WAR
FAP

Code:

1 C2A
1 ARF
1 WAR
2 FAP
C2A joins and is the only player with a tag. He happens to be in RU this round. Then FAP joins. He will be assigned to US, since C2A is in Group 1 and he is in Group 2.

Code:

LGN
1 C2A
1 ARF
PapaCharlie9
1 WAR
2 FAP
i am jelly of your awesomeness.

Originally Posted by Durty*:

Does anyone happen to have optimum settings for 64 player Rush > 100 tickets (I checked the locked forum already)? Right now I'm running the recommended settings for 32 players, but there's at least 10 of us running at capacity 64 players. Unfortunately I'm in the middle of a move so I haven't been able to truly test the settings yet on our server, but I'll have a lot of time to do so this weekend if nobody posts up before I do.

BTW, this is probably the most intensive and feature rich plugin I've had the pleasure of using to date. It absolutely shows the work you all put into this amazing plugin, thanks to all that worked on it! From what little I have been able to watch, it does seem to be doing it's job, and there has been very limited raging about teamstacking lately. I'm very much looking forward to tinkering with it more in the coming days!

Originally Posted by mase*:

is there a way to use balance only? so no unstacking and stuff?

if yes, where can i set how many player difference is allowed?

would be great if someone could tell me how to set it up to use teambalance only on a 32slot CQsmall server :smile:

Does anyone happen to have optimum settings for 64 player Rush > 100 tickets (I checked the locked forum already)? Right now I'm running the recommended settings for 32 players, but there's at least 10 of us running at capacity 64 players. Unfortunately I'm in the middle of a move so I haven't been able to truly test the settings yet on our server, but I'll have a lot of time to do so this weekend if nobody posts up before I do.

The 32 player Rush settings should work, just adjust the High and Low Population definitions.

How much more than 100 tickets? Divide your ticket count by 100 and multiply that result by 25. That's what you should set the Early and Late Phase definition to. So if you have 300 tickets, you should have 75 for Early and 75 for Late. If you have several maps with a range of max tickets, pick the lowest one. For example, if you have 120, 150 and 180, pick 120 and do the divide/multiply with that.

WARNING: There is a pretty significant bug/issue with Rush in 1.0.2. Stages are not detected correctly, so you could find yourself on stage 7 or 9 or 15. This will be fixed in the next patch.

is there a way to use balance only? so no unstacking and stuff?

if yes, where can i set how many player difference is allowed?

would be great if someone could tell me how to set it up to use teambalance only on a 32slot CQsmall server :smile:

Set the Preset at the top to BalanceOnly. That should be all you need for 32 Slot CQ small.

If you move forward with this it would be great if it were possible to setup limits for each group or when to apply this.

Examples:

20 people on the server out of 64. I would hate to force people to be split up.

There are only 1 member of C2A and one member of FAP online. No need to split them up since there are so few. However, if there are 3 members of C2A and 4 members of FAP, split them up.

I don't think that will work very well. Consider a startup sequence. One FAP and one C2A join and are on the same side because players are below 20. In the same round, more players join so that now there are more than 20. When FAP dies, he is moved to the other team, for no apparent reason. Guaranteed he's going to yell, "WTF_" in chat.

I think dispersal has to be all or nothing, all round, regardless of number of players. That trains return players to expect to be on opposite teams or to be moved at will if for normal dispersal, regardless. Sure, maybe they won't be return players anymore, but that's the trade-off.

Originally Posted by mase*:

Set the Preset at the top to BalanceOnly. That should be all you need for 32 Slot CQ small.

thanks! but one question: when does he balance? with 1 slot diff already? is there a way to change it? also can i set up a scramble at too high ticketdiff at roundend?

Originally Posted by tarreltje*:

thanks! but one question: when does he balance? with 1 slot diff already? is there a way to change it? also can i set up a scramble at too high ticketdiff at roundend?

Did you ever read the first page of this tread___?

Originally Posted by xFaNtASyGiRLx*:

Is there a way for MB to remember who it balanced in rounds prior? It would be nice if MB balanced a person one round but won't balance them the next. I had a player who got balanced for 3 rounds, each to the losing side :sad: He got mad and ended up leaving saying it was unfair. And I did notice he did get balanced to the losing side 3 rounds in a row.

@PapaCharlie9 I believe there's a bug in the plugin, or might not be working how I'd like, when the plugin scrambles teams on round end, it splits the players on squads even with same clan tag...

Any idea as to why this happens?

Edit:

This also happens with people in the Whitelist, we just started a round in Operation Firestorm, the plugin scrambled right before the start, and it splitted me and other clan mates to different squads, and one of them to the other team...

Edit:

I failed big time here, I had "Same Clan Tags For Rank Dispersal" set to False... My fault!!!

Originally Posted by Blitz*:

@PapaCharlie9 I believe there's a bug in the plugin, or might not be working how I'd like, when the plugin scrambles teams on round end, it splits the players on squads even with same clan tag...

Edit:

This also happens with people in the Whitelist, we just started a round in Operation Firestorm, the plugin scrambled right before the start, and it splitted me and other clan mates to different squads, and one of them to the other team...

Edit:

I failed big time here, I had "Same Clan Tags For Rank Dispersal" set to False... My fault!!!

We never have this issue. As you pointed out in your last edit, that is the reason why... User error.

We never have this issue. As you pointed out in your last edit, that is the reason why... User error.

When was this option implemented? I don't think it appeared in the previous version, and it's set to False by default, so I didn't notice it at all!

Good thing I checked settings when got these complaints, realized there was this new option, set it to True, all should be good now, even with lvl 145 dispersal enabled, awesome!

Only thing left to make this perfect for my server is allow me to disable lvl dispersal at Late Phase even if I set the Late Phase to Slow so it keeps balancing in case there are uneven player numbers. :smile:

Originally Posted by tarreltje*:

Is there an OTA of the next version, i just notiched PC9 updated the first page, with also the new metro setting?

Round Score Round SPM Round Kills Round KDR Player Rank Round KPM, Are those calculated during the round, or a round is ended. Im trying to get a hold on the logic behind this. Also what do you guys have for the a TDM server, KDR or KPM?

Possible bug?

It's possible for clients to be stuck on the neutral team and not be assigned to a team. This happens quite often when we have players load into the game to just seed. When this happens it seem MB doesn't want to do any actions:

Update waiting for PLAYER-NAME to be assigned a team+Autobalance is not active

Autobalance is not active

Would it work to have a timeout period and if a player is not assigned by the game, MB can manually assign them or perhaps even just ignore the neutral players altogether?

Originally Posted by TreeSaint*:

How about this:

Examples

Code:

C2A
ARF
WAR
FAP

Code:

1 C2A
1 ARF
1 WAR
2 FAP

Code:

LGN
1 C2A
1 ARF
PapaCharlie9
1 WAR
2 FAP
Perfect!! Thank you

Originally Posted by xFaNtASyGiRLx*:

Forbid Switch To Winning Team: True or False, default True. If True, a player is not allowed to switch to the winning team. If False, they are allowed.

Is this the equivalent to the insane limits anti stack limit? The anti stack limit prevents you from moving to winning side when the game is almost over. There is a setting in IL: Code:
team1.RemainTicketsPercent < 50 || team2.RemainTicketsPercent < 50
It also said it in All chat which was nice.

When does MB start preventing moving to the winning team?

p.s. sorry if I missed this somewhere in this thread.

Your first three questions are answered in post #1. Yes, the scrambler can be set so that it only happens if the difference in tickets is too high, by Only On Final Ticket Percentage >=. Details are in post #1.

Edit:

Edit:

Keeping in mind that you are testing a prerelease of 1.0.3, there's not much people on this thread can help you with. :smile: Maybe better to report issues in email.

This gives me a good opportunity for a disclaimer: while the scrambler is much improved in 1.0.3, it is impossible to make it work perfectly. It's a very dynamic situation, with players leaving, players joining, the game server itself wanting to swap teams and rebalance teams! The logic for scrambling is complicated and requires "freezing" the state of teams so that comparisons can be made. Unfortunately, the game server doesn't play along and doesn't consider teams to be frozen, so it can change things from under the plugin. So sometimes the scramble will not be perfect. It is a lot closer to being perfect than it was, though.

Is there an OTA of the next version, i just notiched PC9 updated the first page, with also the new metro setting?

If y'all would stop finding bugs and stop asking for new features, maybe I could finish testing and release it. :smile: Just kidding, I know that never ends and should never end. Release is imminent. I'm going to have to delay my planned release of today to fix the bugs reported below.

Round Score Round SPM Round Kills Round KDR Player Rank Round KPM, Are those calculated during the round, or a round is ended. Im trying to get a hold on the logic behind this. Also what do you guys have for the a TDM server, KDR or KPM?

Round XXX is computed continually.

For TDM, I'd say it depends on average player count x tickets, in other words, how long does the average round go? If rounds are short, there's not enough time for KPM to give a useful rate, so I would use Kills (not KDR, same problem). If rounds are at least 20 minutes long, I'd switch to KPM.

Possible bug?

It's possible for clients to be stuck on the neutral team and not be assigned to a team. This happens quite often when we have players load into the game to just seed. When this happens it seem MB doesn't want to do any actions:

Update waiting for PLAYER-NAME to be assigned a team+Autobalance is not active

Autobalance is not active

Would it work to have a timeout period and if a player is not assigned by the game, MB can manually assign them or perhaps even just ignore the neutral players altogether?

You are right, this is not expected. I can see that the code is incorrect, so I'll have to fix this.

Here's how it is supposed to work:

The Seconds Until Adaptive Speed Becomes Fast setting is your get out of jail free card. The way it is supposed to work is that unassigned players disable autobalance iff there are more of them than needed to balance the server AND the balance speed is NOT Fast. The Seconds Until setting is supposed to be the timer you asked for.

If you set balance speed to Fast, you will never wait for unassigned players. If you set it to Adaptive, you will wait for unassigned players until Seconds Until expires. If you set it to Slow or Stop, autobalance will not activate if there are sufficient unassigned players waiting to join.