MULTIbalancer [1.1.6.0] 30-MAR-2015 + BFHL

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by EBassie*:

If so, my theory is that if vars.autoBalance is set to false, the game server will stop messing up the Scrambler. It will just swap teams without trying to rebalance team counts. There should be no harm in setting to false, since MB is handling every aspect of balancing for you at every moment in time.

I always thought setting that to false would remove the QuickMatch compatibility or ranked status.

Cannot find it in the server docs though, so I might be wrong.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by HexaCanon*:

I always thought setting that to false would remove the QuickMatch compatibility or ranked status.

Cannot find it in the server docs though, so I might be wrong.

just checked it out and setting it to false removes the quickmatch option.

Originally Posted by XRay206*:

I'd suggest a few changes.

Since you want to use unstacking, set Only Move Weak Players to False.

Set Max Unstacking Swaps Per Group to 4 and set Delay Seconds Between Swap Groups to the average length of your stages in seconds. 600 means 10 minutes (10 x 60 seconds), so if your stages last roughly 10 minutes, that's what you want.

Set Number Of Swaps Per Group to 1.

The Definition Of Early Phase As Tickets From Start should be a tad lower. Max tickets were 225, right? I'd make it 75 instead of 100.

Is your Section 3 the same as the one in the Collected Settings? If so, the rest looks good.

Thanks

We can post the settings from section3

Originally Posted by HexaCanon*:

two questions :

Code:

[14:10:52 83] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Map = Operation Metro, mode = Conquest Large, time in round = 00:02:32, tickets = 640/1530 <- [2001]
[14:10:52 83] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Autobalance is not active, phase = Mid, population = High, speed = Adaptive, unstack when ticket ratio >= 130%
[14:10:52 83] [MULTIbalancer] Status: 6/63 raged, 24 reassigned, 7 balanced, 8 unstacked, 13 unswitched, 132 excluded, 363 exempted, 1 failed; of 1753 TOTAL
[14:10:52 83] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Team counts [63] = 31(US) vs 32(RU), with 1 unassigned
[14:10:52 83] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Team difference = 1
why does it say time in round = 00:02:32 when the round been up for 36 minutes ?

also can there be a command in show in log for "status" or "round" that shows this information instead of changing the debug to lvl 5 ?

Edit : one more question

Code:

[15:33:32 33] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Map = Operation Metro, mode = Conquest Large, time in round = 00:09:18, tickets = 545/299 <- [2001]
[15:33:32 34] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Autobalance is not active, phase = Late, population = High, speed = Stop, unstack when ticket ratio >= 0%
[15:33:32 34] [MULTIbalancer] Status: 1/80 raged, 37 reassigned, 10 balanced, 12 unstacked, 12 unswitched, 198 excluded, 764 exempted, 2 failed; of 2998 TOTAL
[15:33:32 34] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Team counts [63] = 32(US) vs 31(RU), with 0 unassigned
[15:33:32 34] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Team difference = 1
why does it say 12 unstacked when "Max Unstacking Swaps Per Round" is set to 6 ?

Originally Posted by Blitz*:

two questions :

Code:

[14:10:52 83] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Map = Operation Metro, mode = Conquest Large, time in round = 00:02:32, tickets = 640/1530 <- [2001]
[14:10:52 83] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Autobalance is not active, phase = Mid, population = High, speed = Adaptive, unstack when ticket ratio >= 130%
[14:10:52 83] [MULTIbalancer] Status: 6/63 raged, 24 reassigned, 7 balanced, 8 unstacked, 13 unswitched, 132 excluded, 363 exempted, 1 failed; of 1753 TOTAL
[14:10:52 83] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Team counts [63] = 31(US) vs 32(RU), with 1 unassigned
why does it say time in round = 00:02:32 when the round been up for 36 minutes ?

also can there be a command in show in log for "status" or "round" that shows this information instead of changing the debug to lvl 5 ?

Edit : one more question

Code:

[15:33:32 33] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Map = Operation Metro, mode = Conquest Large, time in round = 00:09:18, tickets = 545/299 <- [2001]
[15:33:32 34] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Autobalance is not active, phase = Late, population = High, speed = Stop, unstack when ticket ratio >= 0%
[15:33:32 34] [MULTIbalancer] Status: 1/80 raged, 37 reassigned, 10 balanced, 12 unstacked, 12 unswitched, 198 excluded, 764 exempted, 2 failed; of 2998 TOTAL
[15:33:32 34] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Team counts [63] = 32(US) vs 31(RU), with 0 unassigned
[15:33:32 34] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Team difference = 1
why does it say 12 unstacked when "Max Unstacking Swaps Per Round" is set to 6 ?
I noticed the time in round doesn't work sometimes for us.

Also, 12 unstacked probably means 12 players moved for unstacking. Max 6 unstack swaps per round means 12 players were moved for unstacking. One swap is two players moved - one on the winning team and one on the losing team. So what you observed is correctly following the setting.

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

I don't think the scrambler works on conquest small servers or something. I works fine on my other 2 servers that are conquest large. any idea on why the scrambler is not working?

What is not working, exactly? Do a scrambled command in Show Command In Log after a round where you think it failed and post the result.

Also, read NOTE ABOUT THE SCRAMBLER here:

myrcon.net/...multibalancer-30-mar-2015-bfhl#entry33580

and the FAQ about the Scrambler here:

myrcon.net/...multibalancer-faq-and-detailed-explanations#entry43457

Ok ty. I can reboot it when its empty- which might happen overnight. If you still need a server to test on. What needs to be changed before the reboot?

Sorry, just saw this. If you find another opportunity to reboot, find this server config setting:

vars.autoBalance true

and change it to

vars.autoBalance false

It might have a slightly different name, depending on your game server provider configuration tool.

just checked it out and setting it to false removes the quickmatch option.

Dammit! Well, I still want to do the experiment, even though it isn't really a viable solution.

two questions :

Code:

Possibly a bug. I'll have to look into it. Do you have the full trace? If you have a log that shows a whole round, from "Level loaded detected" to the next "Level loaded detected", send me the ZIP.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I know what is going on. You are running Insane Limits, right? See if you can find a limit that is doing a ServerCommand("version"). That is causing MULTIbalancer to reset as if your layer lost its connection to the game server. I'll help you change the limit so that it stops doing that. Post a message in Insane Limits Request when you find it.

Blitz explained the unstacking count. All of the counts in status refer to disposition of each and every OnPlayerKilled and OnPlayerTeamChange event. TOTAL should be equal to the total number of OnPlayerKilled + OnPlayerTeamChange events for the round, though I may have inadvertantly done some double counting.

In short, 1 swap is 2 player events, status counts each player event.

PS. You don't have to set Debug Level to 5. You only need to set it to 4. :smile: I'll add your request to the backlog, its easy to do -- I always run at 7 so it never occurred to me to add that.

Originally Posted by kcuestag*:

Isn't there a way of setting the Scrambler to keep squads together no matter what, like True Balancer did?

I'd love having an option, I know this will cause Scrambling not to be perfect, but I do not want the plugin to split us between squads, even teams... Even if we are on the whitelist, it still does it.

That's the only real complaint I have now with the plugin, I want Scrambler to respect ALL squads like TrueBalancerBF3 did, even if this means scrambling won't be perfect. :smile:

Isn't there a way of setting the Scrambler to keep squads together no matter what, like True Balancer did?

I'd love having an option, I know this will cause Scrambling not to be perfect, but I do not want the plugin to split us between squads, even teams... Even if we are on the whitelist, it still does it.

That's the only real complaint I have now with the plugin, I want Scrambler to respect ALL squads like TrueBalancerBF3 did, even if this means scrambling won't be perfect. :smile:

It does. In fact, I think it does a better job than TB.

Here's the proof:

It does. In fact, I think it does a better job than TB.

Here's the proof:

Then there's something wrong with mine... I use the following settings:

http://i.imgur.com/WEFOC7f.png

http://i.imgur.com/jpmFWNV.png

And I can tell you many of my own clan mates are getting a bit annoyed because almost every round it splits us to different Squads (Even if we're on the same team).

I can give you an example, we just played Talah Market (800 Tickets), we were 4 clan mates. 3 using the same tag (Oaks, other player was using tag KKK but he is in Whitelist) and we are all in the Whitelist too. After the round ends, in the countdown, it moved one of our clan mates to the other team (THe one with tag KKK but on Whitelist) and also splitted the other 3 players into different Squads.

Sometimes, not only it moves one of them, but it splits all of us into different Squads, sometimes even teams.

I fixed the Plugin logging, do you want me to send you the whole .txt file via Email?

I fixed the Plugin logging, do you want me to send you the whole .txt file via Email?

In a ZIP, yes thanks.

You really ought to read all the links I give you. For example, one of them explains that Whitelist is ignored during scrambling. Many more of your questions are answered in those links.

EDIT: Okay, I see the new screenshot now. Like I said before, set your Delay Seconds to 50 and work backwards, as explained here:

myrcon.net/...multibalancer-faq-and-detailed-explanations#entry43456

In a ZIP, yes thanks.

You really ought to read all the links I give you. For example, one of them explains that Whitelist is ignored during scrambling. Many more of your questions are answered in those links.

I know the Whitelist is ignored, but Clan Tag isn't, right? And even then, it splits us even if we're 4 players with same clan tag. :sad:

I just want the Scrambler to have an option to keep Squads untouched NO MATTER WHAT, even if this means no 100% effective scrambling, with TrueBalancer we were never split, even the ones that were NOT on whitelist, I'd like to have an option like that.

I'll email it right now, thank you for your patience with me!

Edit:

Email sent! :smile:

I just want the Scrambler to have an option to keep Squads untouched NO MATTER WHAT

That's exactly what Keep Squads Together does and my test logs prove that the plugin does exactly that.

even if this means no 100% effective scrambling, with TrueBalancer we were never split, even the ones that were NOT on whitelist

MULTIbalancer works at least as well as TrueBalancer, when it comes to keeping squads together. For example, TrueBalancer sometimes issues this error:

"Was not able to scramble teams in 15 seconds! Teams partly scrambled."

That never happens with MB.

That's exactly what Keep Squads Together does and my test logs prove that the plugin does exactly that.

MULTIbalancer works at least as well as TrueBalancer, when it comes to keeping squads together. For example, TrueBalancer sometimes issues this error:

"Was not able to scramble teams in 15 seconds! Teams partly scrambled."

That never happens with MB.

Then please have a check at the log I emailed you, there's something not working on mine. :sad:

I know that's what "Keeps Squads Together" is supposed to do, but for some reason, on our server, it's not working properly.

Edit:

Clan mates just played a round and it looks like this time it worked fine.

It looks like sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, maybe a Plugin bug or something making it go crazy?

Hoping we can find this out with my logs.

I can give you an example, we just played Talah Market (800 Tickets), we were 4 clan mates. 3 using the same tag (Oaks, other player was using tag KKK but he is in Whitelist) and we are all in the Whitelist too. After the round ends, in the countdown, it moved one of our clan mates to the other team (THe one with tag KKK but on Whitelist) and also splitted the other 3 players into different Squads.

Okay, I looked at the log for that specific round. Here's the breakdown of the Talah Market scramble. You can see these lines yourself in the log, I'm not making this up.

Here's the squad you were in:

[19:00:40] ... [Oaks]x-OxYg3n-x (Golf, R:#7)

[19:00:40] ... [NAM]_SeLo0 (Golf, R:#14)

[19:00:40] ... [Oaks]ocgbargas (Golf, R:#18)

[19:00:40] ... [Oaks]willytoo (Golf, R:#19)

Keep in mind that Golf is squad id 7.

You said the other player was KKK, but it was NAM. The only KKK in the server was in another squad:

[19:00:40] ... [KKK]Im_An_Engenieer (Juliet, R:#6)

I verified that was true by finding the squad change event at an earlier time:

[18:50:04] [MULTIbalancer] Got OnPlayerSquadChange: Im_An_Engenieer 2 10

Juliet is squad id 10.

So, before the scramble, we have the three Oaks and NAM in RU squad Golf. So far, so good, right?

Then MB scrambles the teams internally so that they look like this:

[19:00:40] ... [Oaks]x-OxYg3n-x (Golf, R:#2)

[19:00:40] ... [NAM]_SeLo0 (Golf, R:#14)

[19:00:40] ... [Oaks]ocgbargas (Golf, R:#18)

[19:00:40] ... [Oaks]willytoo (Golf, R:#19)

All still in the same squad. I can confirm that MB did plan to move KKK to the other team, but still in the same squad.

[19:00:40] [KKK]Im_An_Engenieer (Juliet, R:#6)

Then MB does the actual moves. Since your squad stayed in the same team and squad number, there should be no moves for any of your players. Sure enough, if you look at the list of moves between times [19:00:39] and [19:00:40], you don't see any MOVE commands that have any of your names in them. The game server confirms the moves between [19:00:40] and [19:00:42].

Now, at 19:00:40, MB is done. It has completed the scramble. Your squad, as well as all the others, are still together and the game server has confirmed that they are still together.

Then the game server swaps teams at [19:01:27] at the beginning of the next round.

Sometimes, that's where things might go wrong -- not MB's fault, as explained in this link:

HOWEVER, in this case, the log shows that the game server did not mess up MB's squad arrangement and in fact everyone was moved to the US team in the same squad.

[19:01:27] [MULTIbalancer] Got OnPlayerTeamChange: _SeLo0 1 7

[19:01:27] [MULTIbalancer] Got OnPlayerTeamChange: willytoo 1 7

[19:01:27] [MULTIbalancer] Got OnPlayerTeamChange: x-OxYg3n-x 1 7

[19:01:27] [MULTIbalancer] Got OnPlayerTeamChange: ocgbargas 1 7

I even checked a few minutes into the next round to make sure MB didn't do an unexpected squad change.

So I'm not sure what you were remembering. The log shows that MB worked exactly as expected and luckily, the game server didn't even mess it up, which can happen.

I'm not saying it doesn't fail. As explained in the link above, MB does it's job and then sometimes the game server messes up all the team and squad assignments. There's nothing I can do about that.

I'm absolutely positive TB had the same "problem". I looked at the TB code and it essentially does the same thing at the same time that MB does, only MB does a more efficient job of it. I don't know why the game server swaps teams only sometimes or why it sometimes messes things up, though I suspect it happens when MB has a numerical imbalance after balancing for skills

I'm experimenting with two possible workarounds. One is to change vars.autoBalance to false, but that disables QuickMatch in Battlelog, which is generally bad for most servers. The other is to give up on skill-based scrambling and just do numerical balancing, while keeping squads together. That might appease the game server.

I'll try to reproduce it again, it worked fine for 2 rounds in a row now, but I can assure you it happened to us few times today.

Not sure if it's the server or the plugin, but I can tell you when it happens, it happens during the countdown screen after the round ends, and not when the new map is loaded (Happens before new map starts to load).

That round it worked fine, the KKK tagged player was from previous round and sadly I don't think I logged it, it was Seine Crossing I believe (My bad, sorry, wasn't Talah Market)).

Honestly I don't mind having skill scrambler off, I just want player rank scrambler but keeping all squads untouched. :smile:

If it happens again I'll email you the log!

Originally Posted by marrr*:

What is not working, exactly? Do a scrambled command in Show Command In Log after a round where you think it failed and post the result.

The scrambler is not working at all for some reason. Here is the logs from 4 rounds in a row.

Code:

[13:27:42 70] [MULTIbalancer] FINAL STATUS FOR PREVIOUS ROUND:
[13:27:42 70] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Map = Operation Metro, mode = Conquest Small, time in round = 00:33:21, tickets = 0/809 <- [1000]
[13:27:42 70] [MULTIbalancer] Status: 0/32 raged, 16 reassigned, 2 balanced, 0 unstacked, 0 unswitched, 124 excluded, 32 exempted, 0 failed; of 767 TOTAL
[13:27:42 70] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Team counts [32] = 16(US) vs 16(RU), with 0 unassigned
[13:27:42 70] [MULTIbalancer] +------------------------------------------------+
[13:29:28 12] [MULTIbalancer] [Show In Log] Command: scrambled
[13:29:28 12] [MULTIbalancer] [Show In Log] No scrambler data available
Code:
[14:06:14 48] [MULTIbalancer] FINAL STATUS FOR PREVIOUS ROUND:
[14:06:14 48] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Map = Operation Metro, mode = Conquest Small, time in round = 00:37:19, tickets = 715/0 <- [1000]
[14:06:14 48] [MULTIbalancer] Status: 0/27 raged, 12 reassigned, 0 balanced, 0 unstacked, 1 unswitched, 200 excluded, 0 exempted, 0 failed; of 966 TOTAL
[14:06:14 48] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Team counts [28] = 15(US) vs 13(RU), with 1 unassigned
[14:06:14 48] [MULTIbalancer] +------------------------------------------------+
[14:22:43 64] [MULTIbalancer] [Show In Log] Command: scrambled
[14:22:43 64] [MULTIbalancer] [Show In Log] No scrambler data available
Code:
[14:51:38 76] [MULTIbalancer] FINAL STATUS FOR PREVIOUS ROUND:
[14:51:38 76] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Map = Operation Metro, mode = Conquest Small, time in round = 00:44:13, tickets = 500/0 <- [1000]
[14:51:38 76] [MULTIbalancer] Status: 0/29 raged, 17 reassigned, 0 balanced, 0 unstacked, 4 unswitched, 206 excluded, 0 exempted, 0 failed; of 1398 TOTAL
[14:51:38 76] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Team counts [29] = 14(US) vs 15(RU), with 0 unassigned
[14:51:38 76] [MULTIbalancer] +------------------------------------------------+
[14:53:38 38] [MULTIbalancer] [Show In Log] Command: scrambled
[14:53:38 38] [MULTIbalancer] [Show In Log] No scrambler data available
Code:
[15:48:20 82] [MULTIbalancer] FINAL STATUS FOR PREVIOUS ROUND:
[15:48:20 82] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Map = Operation Metro, mode = Conquest Small, time in round = 00:09:18, tickets = 265/0 <- [1000]
[15:48:20 83] [MULTIbalancer] Status: 0/34 raged, 18 reassigned, 3 balanced, 0 unstacked, 1 unswitched, 161 excluded, 23 exempted, 0 failed; of 1438 TOTAL
[15:48:20 83] [MULTIbalancer] Status: Team counts [30] = 15(US) vs 15(RU), with 2 unassigned
[15:48:20 83] [MULTIbalancer] +------------------------------------------------+
[15:49:44 75] [MULTIbalancer] [Show In Log] Command: scrambled
[15:49:44 75] [MULTIbalancer] [Show In Log] No scrambler data available
here is the settings for the scrambler and conquest small

Code:

[15:25:10 95] [MULTIbalancer] [Show In Log] Command: gen 4
[15:25:10 96] [MULTIbalancer] [Show In Log] 4 - Scrambler|Only On New Maps: False
[15:25:10 96] [MULTIbalancer] [Show In Log] 4 - Scrambler|Only On Final Ticket Percentage >=: 120
[15:25:10 96] [MULTIbalancer] [Show In Log] 4 - Scrambler|Scramble By: RoundKDR
[15:25:10 96] [MULTIbalancer] [Show In Log] 4 - Scrambler|Keep Squads Together: True
[15:25:10 96] [MULTIbalancer] [Show In Log] 4 - Scrambler|Divide By: None
[15:25:10 96] [MULTIbalancer] [Show In Log] 4 - Scrambler|Delay Seconds: 30
Code:
[15:25:55 96] [MULTIbalancer] [Show In Log] Command: gen cs
[15:25:55 96] [MULTIbalancer] [Show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Max Players: 32
[15:25:55 97] [MULTIbalancer] [Show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Check Team Stacking After First Minutes: 10
[15:25:55 97] [MULTIbalancer] [Show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Max Unstacking Swaps Per Round: 2
[15:25:55 97] [MULTIbalancer] [Show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Number Of Swaps Per Group: 2
[15:25:55 97] [MULTIbalancer] [Show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Delay Seconds Between Swap Groups: 600
[15:25:55 97] [MULTIbalancer] [Show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Determine Strong Players By: RoundScore
[15:25:55 97] [MULTIbalancer] [Show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Percent Of Top Of Team Is Strong: 50
[15:25:55 97] [MULTIbalancer] [Show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Only Move Weak Players: False
[15:25:55 97] [MULTIbalancer] [Show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Disperse Evenly By Rank >=: 0
[15:25:55 97] [MULTIbalancer] [Show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Enable Disperse Evenly List: False
[15:25:55 97] [MULTIbalancer] [Show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Definition Of High Population For Players >=: 28
[15:25:55 97] [MULTIbalancer] [Show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Definition Of Low Population For Players <=: 8
[15:25:55 97] [MULTIbalancer] [Show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Definition Of Early Phase As Tickets From Start: 100
[15:25:55 97] [MULTIbalancer] [Show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Definition Of Late Phase As Tickets From End: 300
[15:25:55 97] [MULTIbalancer] [Show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Enable Scrambler: True
[15:25:55 97] [MULTIbalancer] [Show In Log] 8 - Settings for Conq Small, Dom, Scav|Conq Small, Dom, Scav: Enable Metro Adjustments: False
The scrambler works fine on my other 2 servers, so I dunno what is going on.

Originally Posted by dyn*:

Dammit! Well, I still want to do the experiment, even though it isn't really a viable solution.

Changing vars.autoBalance does NOT require a server reboot. It can be done at any time an admin wants. Would a solution be to issue vars.autoBalance false at the last possible second (50 seconds after the round ends), take a snapshot of where the squads are and how they're made up, scramble the teams, and then send vars.autoBalance true ~65 seconds after the round ended or once it makes sense to. Only 15 seconds of 'custom' mode surely wouldn't hurt anyone significantly. Especially since the teams aren't scrambled every round.

If this solution makes sense, I would be willing to test it.

I also would like to see if anyone has seen the behavior I described in this post: myrcon.net/...multibalancer-30-mar-2015-bfhl#entry34036

Essentially what's happening is it seems like Team 2 is filled with players while Team 1 is left with only the left overs It's finally fixed once the bf3 server built in auto balancer moves people around and balances the team.

Originally Posted by EBassie*:

Changing vars.autoBalance does NOT require a server reboot. It can be done at any time an admin wants. Would a solution be to issue vars.autoBalance false at the last possible second (50 seconds after the round ends), take a snapshot of where the squads are and how they're made up, scramble the teams, and then send vars.autoBalance true ~65 seconds after the round ended or once it makes sense to. Only 15 seconds of 'custom' mode surely wouldn't hurt anyone significantly. Especially since the teams aren't scrambled every round.

If this solution makes sense, I would be willing to test it.

Indeed, vars.autoBalance does not require a reboot and can be changed on the fly. This idea might be a nice solution for every round change, not only when scrambling is needed. This way MB will always be in control of the balancing and you keep the QuickMatch.

Originally Posted by dyn*:

Possibly a bug. I'll have to look into it. Do you have the full trace? If you have a log that shows a whole round, from "Level loaded detected" to the next "Level loaded detected", send me the ZIP.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I know what is going on. You are running Insane Limits, right? See if you can find a limit that is doing a ServerCommand("version"). That is causing MULTIbalancer to reset as if your layer lost its connection to the game server. I'll help you change the limit so that it stops doing that. Post a message in Insane Limits Request when you find it.

I am able to cause this bug by simply logging in / out to the procon layer.

My setup is as follows:

Logged in via layer.

Only admin active / logged in to procon.

Server is populated.

Procon 1.4.0.9 on both layer and client

MB version 1.0.3.0

Signing in and out of procon causes multibalancer round time to be reset each time.

Originally Posted by staazvaind*:

sorry for being offtopic !

just wanting to give PAPACHARLIE some more credits he well earned !

this plugin is just a f***ing sweet piece of a so much needed balancing

in bf3 that i cant put it in words how much i love this plugin !

this is the number one plugin i wouldnt ever want to miss.

in combination with proconrulz and ultimate map manager

you can really now create a working custom server wit a

_working? balancing in _any? mode.

it is also unbelievable how dedicated you are to your plugin-programming !

so much enthusiasm ! i hope this community pays you back in some way !

regards

Originally Posted by feeblemedic*:

Is it, would it be possible to have the even dispersal list/divide by option, auto place those divided into squads so they can play together without having to manually create new squads after this?

Yes, I discovered that during experimentation. And yes, that's the current experiment, turn it off only during the critical team swapping period.

Oddly enough, the early results indicate it will result in even more of the following happening ...

I also would like to see if anyone has seen the behavior I described in this post: myrcon.net/...multibalancer-30-mar-2015-bfhl#entry34036

Essentially what's happening is it seems like Team 2 is filled with players while Team 1 is left with only the left overs It's finally fixed once the bf3 server built in auto balancer moves people around and balances the team.

Sorry I missed that the first time around. It would be interesting to see what the Scramble By values were for the squads. If teams are lopsided in skill, like one squad has 50% of the total SPM across all squads and you are scrambling by SPM, something like that can happen. Keeping clan tags together or any kind of Divide By other than None can make that worse.

The Scrambler makes no attempt to make teams equal in number of players. It only tries to achieve roughly equal average Scramble By values between teams.

This could be described as the "root cause" for all of the observed issues. At the time I wrote the scrambler, I didn't understand that vars.autoBalance true means that during team swapping, the game server also balances for player counts.

The thing is, you can't have it both ways. If the number of people is the more important constraint, the scrambler may "fail" in the sense that the winning team will still have all of the best players. This is particularly true if other constraints, like Divide By, are in effect.

There might be a compromise. I could change the scrambler so that it first tries to scramble squads by skill. If there is an imbalance by player count, it will move the weakest squads from the biggest team to the smallest team until player balance is achieved. In that way, the skill comparison won't be too far from ideal. Unfortunately, if the biggest team is bigger by 2 or 3 players, a squad will have to be split in order to achieve player balance. That's unavoidable. If the only available squads on the biggest teams have clan tags that are meant to be kept together or if Divide By rules would otherwise prevent the squad from being moved to the smaller team, something has to give.

I suppose it is better for MB to be in control of balancing for player number than the game server, since MB can make some smarter decisions about which squad to split, but ultimately, it won't be possible for every scramble to come out perfectly. So like kcuestag suggested, its a matter of picking which constraint is most important to you.

I am able to cause this bug by simply logging in / out to the procon layer.

My setup is as follows:

Logged in via layer.

Only admin active / logged in to procon.

Server is populated.

Procon 1.4.0.9 on both layer and client

MB version 1.0.3.0

Signing in and out of procon causes multibalancer round time to be reset each time.

Same root cause. Like FailLog, MB uses the start-up sequence of a Procon connection to detect a reconnect and reset any data that might have gone stale, like the round timer. Unlike FailLog, it only uses the "version" command from the start-up sequence. Apparently that command is used during client logon to a layer also.

I've added an item on the to-do list for next patch to fix this.

Is it, would it be possible to have the even dispersal list/divide by option, auto place those divided into squads so they can play together without having to manually create new squads after this?

Disperse Evenly list could try to do that, but it won't always be possible. There has to be a squad in the destination team that already contains another member of the same dispersal group and the squad has to have room.

Divide By respects the Keep Squads Together and Keep Clan Tags Together settings, so that should happen automatically. It's only if both are set to False or the divided player doesn't have a clan mate with the same tag on the destination team that they might get a random squad. Of course, the Scrambler has known issues with the game server balancer, so that may make it appear to fail.

@PapaCharlie9 I think the "Top Scorers" from 2.- Exclusions is broken, I've just seen a top scorer get moved to the other team (He was number 2 of his team).

Sadly I do not have logs because I had disabled them this morning, but I've seen this happen before too.