MULTIbalancer [1.1.6.0] 30-MAR-2015 + BFHL

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

@PC9

And i want ask you about one option. Can you make the balance alert? ie when your balance start on server all can view a messages:

"Balance after....." and then ***MOVED

Thanks.

There is no "balancing after" period. If the teams are not balanced, the autobalancer triggers and runs immediately until the teams are balanced or the round ends.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any way we could get a small patch to include the new scramble code?

No. Besides the fact that the scrambler code is larger than the balancer, so the word "small" can't be applied to it with any accuracy, I haven't finished testing it yet.

Why test it for so long? Because I can't rely on anyone giving me more than a, "It's not working, I'm turning it off and using TrueBalancer until its fixed," problem report, in terms of details. So it's all on me to make sure its working correctly. I only get so many shots at doing updates, given the size of the user base and the long tail of people who don't keep up (at the moment, there are still 77 servers using 1.0.2!), so it's got to be right the next time I post. I also have to catch up on all of the outstanding improvement requests. There are 11 in the backlog. All that takes time.

Originally Posted by tarreltje*:

Well you just awnserd my question about how much time you needed for testing on my server :ohmy:. I dont know if its asked before, i think it is, but i loved the feature of insane balancer that i put all the same clan tags on 1 side. MB is doing his job on keeping clan tags in a squad, but sometimes we see that a clan of 5 joines, 4 in a squad and the other 1 gets moved to the other team. I my self also have had this.

We were with 6 members all in one team, 4 in a squad 2 in a other squad. After the game the 2 got switched to the other team, kinda anoying if youre on teamspeak using tactics :ohmy:. Also been asked by players to moved them back to the other team to their clan mates.

Well you just awnserd my question about how much time you needed for testing on my server :ohmy:. I dont know if its asked before, i think it is, but i loved the feature of insane balancer that i put all the same clan tags on 1 side. MB is doing his job on keeping clan tags in a squad, but sometimes we see that a clan of 5 joines, 4 in a squad and the other 1 gets moved to the other team. I my self also have had this.

We were with 6 members all in one team, 4 in a squad 2 in a other squad. After the game the 2 got switched to the other team, kinda anoying if youre on teamspeak using tactics :ohmy:. Also been asked by players to moved them back to the other team to their clan mates.

Sorry it's taking so long. I am grateful, truly.

Part of the solution to the split clan problem will be easy to add to the Friends List. You just need an option to make friends apply to the whole team, not just one squad. That's if you know ahead of time what the clan's tags are. The other part is for when you don't know the clan's tag ahead of time. That part is on the to-do list, along the lines of an admin-only in-game command:

@mb new friends ABC

That command would add the clan tag [ABC] to the Friends List (if it is not already there). It won't help if the split move has already happened, but it will help prevent it from happening again in later rounds.

Originally Posted by Jaythegreat1*:

No. Besides the fact that the scrambler code is larger than the balancer, so the word "small" can't be applied to it with any accuracy, I haven't finished testing it yet.

Why test it for so long? Because I can't rely on anyone giving me more than a, "It's not working, I'm turning it off and using TrueBalancer until its fixed," problem report, in terms of details. So it's all on me to make sure its working correctly. I only get so many shots at doing updates, given the size of the user base and the long tail of people who don't keep up (at the moment, there are still 77 servers using 1.0.2!), so it's got to be right the next time I post. I also have to catch up on all of the outstanding improvement requests. There are 11 in the backlog. All that takes time.

Understandable, I may have to tweak ours to not scramble so often, in other words, only do it if it's a complete blowout.

Since I have the last reply.... we counter an error when I guess the teams scrambled?

19:47:47] Server requested the rules.

[19:51:19] [MULTIbalancer] Thread(fetcher): FetchLoop thread stopped

[19:51:19] [MULTIbalancer] Thread(lister): ListPlayersLoop thread stopped

[19:51:19] [MULTIbalancer] Disabling, stopping threads ...

[19:51:19] [MULTIbalancer] Disabling, stopping threads ...

[19:51:19] [[19:51:19] [MULTIbalancer] Thread(stopper): Waiting for scrambler to finish

[19:51:19] [MULTIbalancer] Thread(scrambler): ScramblerLoop thread stopped

[19:51:19] [MULTIbalancer] Thread(stopper): Finished disabling threads, ready to be enabled again!

Plugin logging started: Friday, 21 June 2013 19:53:13

[19:53:13] Preparing plugins directory..

[19:53:13] Moving legacy plugins..

[19:53:13] Creating compiler..

[19:53:13] Configuring compiler..

[19:53:13] Running with native .Net..

[19:53:13] Building sandbox..

[19:53:13] Configuring sandbox..

[19:53:13] Compiling and loading plugins..

[19:53:13] Compiling BalanceServerSeeders.cs... Done

[19:53:13] Loading BalanceServerSeeders... Loaded

[19:53:13] BalanceServerSeeders Loaded!

[19:53:13] Compiling bf3AutoMsgs.cs... Done

[19:53:13] Loading bf3AutoMsgs... Loaded

[19:53:13] Compiling CAdaptiveServerSize.cs... Done

[19:53:13] Loading CAdaptiveServerSize... Loaded

[19:53:14] Compiling CAdaptiveTicketCount.cs... Done

[19:53:14] Loading CAdaptiveTicketCount... Loaded

[19:53:14] Compiling CAdminIn_and_SpawnMsg.cs... Done

[19:53:14] Loading CAdminIn_and_SpawnMsg... Loaded

[19:53:14] AdminIn_and_SpawnMsg: PreCollectedData - GameType bf3

[19:53:14] Compiling CBasicInGameInfo.cs... Done

[19:53:14] Loading CBasicInGameInfo... Loaded

[19:53:14] Compiling CBattlelogCache.cs... Done

[19:53:14] Loading CBattlelogCache... Loaded

[19:53:14] Compiling CInGameAdmin.cs... Done

[19:53:14] Loading CInGameAdmin... Loaded

[19:53:14] Compiling CLatencyManager.cs... Done

[19:53:14] Loading CLatencyManager... Loaded

[19:53:14] Compiling CServerRulesOnRequest.cs... Done

[19:53:15] Loading CServerRulesOnRequest... Loaded

[19:53:15] Compiling CUltimateMapManager.cs... Done

[19:53:15] Loading CUltimateMapManager... Loaded

[19:53:15] Compiling CVoteBanBF3.cs... Done

[19:53:15] Loading CVoteBanBF3... Loaded

[19:53:15] Compiling CWatchdogLanguage.cs... Done

[19:53:15] Loading CWatchdogLanguage... Loaded

[19:53:15] Compiling FailLog.cs... Done

[19:53:15] Loading FailLog... Loaded

[19:53:15] Compiling InsaneLimits.cs... Done

[19:53:15] Loading InsaneLimits... Loaded

[19:53:15] [insane Limits] plugin loaded

[19:53:15] Compiling MULTIbalancer.cs... Done

[19:53:15] Loading MULTIbalancer... Loaded

[19:53:16] Compiling NotifyMe.cs... Done

[19:53:16] Loading NotifyMe... Loaded

[19:53:16] Compiling TeamspeakSync.cs... Done

[19:53:16] Loading TeamspeakSync... Loaded

[19:53:16] Compiling xVotemap.cs... Done

[19:53:16] Loading xVotemap... Loaded

[19:53:16] BalanceServerSeeders Enabled!

Sorry it's taking so long. I am grateful, truly.

Part of the solution to the split clan problem will be easy to add to the Friends List. You just need an option to make friends apply to the whole team, not just one squad. That's if you know ahead of time what the clan's tags are. The other part is for when you don't know the clan's tag ahead of time. That part is on the to-do list, along the lines of an admin-only in-game command:

@mb new friends ABC

That command would add the clan tag [ABC] to the Friends List (if it is not already there). It won't help if the split move has already happened, but it will help prevent it from happening again in later rounds.

Can you look at your MB thats testing running my server where the clantag ADL is standing? Its my clan, thought it was on the whitelist so i shouldnt break us in 2 teams after scramble!!

For me i think, on my server, the command that people can add their clan tag to the friend list wont work. Im not getting pro people that will use that sort o commands. The beauty of insane balancer scramble was, that it "automaticly" moved all the same clan tags to one side.

Maby this auto move will screw the scramble balance alot, but the clans are happy. Like my clan sometimes after a round or round start, clan members still forget to swith to their team mates or something, so the auto move is superb!

In other words, i hope you can put in 2 options:

- Use command to add clantag to friends list, so during scramble teams stick together

- during scramble Just automove all the same clantags to a team to keep clans together

For me , when your testing is done, ill think i swith back to insane balancer scramble, just for the main reason, it auto moves the clan members to the same team. So i would be more than pleased if this function will get into the next version. Overal I have 0 complains about MB :mad:

Originally Posted by Blitz*:

- during scramble Just automove all the same clantags to a team to keep clans together

We would really like this. It will eliminate a lot of QQ's. It's usually the clanners that complain.

Understandable, I may have to tweak ours to not scramble so often, in other words, only do it if it's a complete blowout.

Since I have the last reply.... we counter an error when I guess the teams scrambled?

Looks like a normal layer restart to me. Are you sure someone didn't just do a manual restart? If it was MB crashing the layer, you wouldn't get all those nice clean-up messages.

In other words, i hope you can put in 2 options:

- Use command to add clantag to friends list, so during scramble teams stick together

Just to be clear about the first option, only admins (players who have a Procon admin account) would be allowed to use the command. It's just a convenience so you can do add/delete while in game and not have to ALT-Tab out to procon itself.

As for the second, I think I can squeeze that in. It's just a variation on Dispersal Groups, which is already in place. What I can't do is both Keep Squads Together and split squads in order to Keep Clan Tags On Same Team. If the teams start out like this:

US Alpha:

[C2C]Alfred

[C2C]Barry

[ADL]Chuck

[ADL]Dennis

US Beta:

[ADL]George

[ADL]Harry

[ADL]Ike

[ADL]John

RU Alpha:

[C2C]Edward

[C2C]Frank

[C2C]Kranz

[XXX]Larry

RU Beta:

[XXX]Moe

[XXX]Nick

[XXX]Oliver

[XXX]Paul

The scrambler would want to put all of ADL on US, all of C2C on RU, and keep XXX on RU, but you can see that is impossible without splitting up the US Alpha or the RU Alpha squad, if not both.

So as long as you are willing to let non-clan tag players end up being split up from their original squads, I can do that.

Can you look at your MB thats testing running my server where the clantag ADL is standing? Its my clan, thought it was on the whitelist so i shouldnt break us in 2 teams after scramble!!

ADL is on Whitelist on my test setup, but the scrambler ignores Whitelist, so that wouldn't help anyway. As described above, the Scrambler does not currently support keeping all tags on one team. Even if I added that, I'm testing Keep Squads Together on your server, so you wouldn't be able to take advantage of it anyway. :smile:

Since I need to test Dispersal Groups for scrambling anyway, I'll try putting ADL in a dispersal group. That should make everyone scramble to the same team, but it also means no one will be able to move to the other team during the normal game. You'll be stuck playing the US side for all rounds.

Is there another clan that often plays on your server? It would be good to have one more tag to put in the other dispersal group, for testing.

STATUS UPDATE

Okay, after running 100 rounds through one of the test servers, I can report that squads were kept intact in 95 of 100 rounds. Of the 5 failed rounds, 4 only had one squad split, 1 had two squads split. The 5% failure rate seems to be the lower limit, I can't seem to make things any better than that.

The failure breakdown:

2: one team was full at the time of the scramble

1: game server glitch - player not dead

1: game server glitch - team swapper did a double team swap of one player, I have no idea why

1: new player joined during a critical window of time, measured in milliseconds - a second earlier or later and there would not have been a problem

I'm going to declare victory at this point. Even when it fails, only one squad gets split usually, which seems acceptable.

Now I just have to test all the other modes of Scrambler and add all these new features you guys keep asking for. :ohmy:

Most inportant for clan players is that they are kept in the same team, if they were split up out of their squad i dont think they mind, they still can use tactics on teampseak or what ever, jus because they are in the same team.

So basicly just an option that MB puts all same clantags on the same team would do, would be nice if some are kept in the same squad, but basicly main thing keep the clans together on the same side!!!

I would love to see this tested on my server :P, getting sick of complaints of my teammates on teamspeak, that they have to suicide and switch back!!! :cool:

Also maby for a new feature to MB, maby some sort of setting were you can select the modes MB needs to be used. As it is now, i have to scroll down the whole list to get at the settings for TDM. would be nice so see only the settings admins need for their server. So for my server i only want to see TDM and RUSH. Buttttttttt this is just a thought, and more important things go first :P

Originally Posted by Jaythegreat1*:

STATUS UPDATE

Okay, after running 100 rounds through one of the test servers, I can report that squads were kept intact in 95 of 100 rounds. Of the 5 failed rounds, 4 only had one squad split, 1 had two squads split. The 5% failure rate seems to be the lower limit, I can't seem to make things any better than that.

The failure breakdown:

1: game server glitch - team swapper did a double team swap of one player, I have no idea why

1: new player joined during a critical window of time, measured in milliseconds - a second earlier or later and there would not have been a problem

I'm going to declare victory at this point. Even when it fails, only one squad gets split usually, which seems acceptable.

Now I just have to test all the other modes of Scrambler and add all these new features you guys keep asking for. :ohmy:

Awesome! I think we can live with that.. it can't be much worse than the current state of the scrambler :P.

EDIT: Also for that error message, someone rebooted the layer.. claimed something wasn't working right.

Originally Posted by SnotGoblin*:

Agreed, I can live with that as well! Good work Papa! Looking forward to the next release very much! We keep getting asked when the unstacker and balancer will be re-enabled on our servers, as people loved the close games! Keep up the good work!!!

Originally Posted by kcuestag*:

STATUS UPDATE

The failure breakdown:

Sounds promising!!!

By the way, did you take my feature into consideration? Having the "Minutes After Being Moved" also respect the "Disperse evenly by rank" ?

Would be awesome.

Originally Posted by Jamesonp*:

PC9,

First off, thank you for the great plugin!

One minor problem I have is when I try and manually move players who got autobalanced (with balanceguard on), it moves them back. Would it be possible to add a temporary whitelist command, cleared each map change, to allow manual moves of players?

PC9,

First off, thank you for the great plugin!

One minor problem I have is when I try and manually move players who got autobalanced (with balanceguard on), it moves them back. Would it be possible to add a temporary whitelist command, cleared each map change, to allow manual moves of players?

MULTIbalancer respects admin moves that it does not do itself. What you did should work -- once a player is moved by admin, that player is marked as having +1 moves that round. Normally, if a player's move count is 1 or more, he won't be moved again that round, with some exceptions:

Some things to check:

* Was the player rank 145 and did you have Dispersal By Rank enabled? Those players are subject to up to 2 moves per round.

* Did you have Dispersal List enabled and was the player in the list?

* Did you have Friends List enabled and was the player in a friend list where the opposite team had his friends?

* Did the player move himself?

If it happens again, type the moved command into Show Command In Log in the plugin settings and post the logged results from plugin.log. It will show every player that MB has moved that round and the number of times it thinks the player has been moved.

If you are certain none of those exceptions applied and MB moved the player, you'll have to post some logs so I can see what is happening. I'll need Debug Level 7 plugin.log from the time of the admin move through the time where MB is alleged to balance move the player.

Originally Posted by dyn*:

I've searched for this question since I thought it was already asked but now I can't find it. =(

I'd like to setup a Friends List for (example) 10 people. These 10 people are all friends and if any of them are in the same squad they should be kept together. So, lets say 3 of them are on USA and 3 of the 10 are on RU - if all 10 names are on one friends list would this ensure the 3 on USA and the 3 on RU stay on their respective teams and in the same squad?

Hopefully this makes sense. I'm just trying to ensure that if any of the 10 are playing together they will not be swapped out of their squad, will stay on their original team, and no funky actions will be taken during scrambling.

Thanks!

Some things to check:

* Was the player rank 145 and did you have Dispersal By Rank enabled? Those players are subject to up to 2 moves per round.

No, level 4 in Procon.

* Did you have Dispersal List enabled and was the player in the list?

No.

* Did you have Friends List enabled and was the player in a friend list where the opposite team had his friends?

No.

* Did the player move himself?

No.

The player I was trying to move is Delta-Loc. Here is the log (link is the word). Oh and if it matters, I'm not using the In Game Admin plugin but Adkats plugin.

The player I was trying to move is Delta-Loc. Here is the log (link is the word). Oh and if it matters, I'm not using the In Game Admin plugin but Adkats plugin.

It doesn't matter. They all use the same command.

The log is perfect, thank you. It certainly looks like MB is failing to do what I intended. I will treat it as a bug and fix it.

I've searched for this question since I thought it was already asked but now I can't find it. =(

I'd like to setup a Friends List for (example) 10 people. These 10 people are all friends and if any of them are in the same squad they should be kept together. So, lets say 3 of them are on USA and 3 of the 10 are on RU - if all 10 names are on one friends list would this ensure the 3 on USA and the 3 on RU stay on their respective teams and in the same squad?

Hopefully this makes sense. I'm just trying to ensure that if any of the 10 are playing together they will not be swapped out of their squad, will stay on their original team, and no funky actions will be taken during scrambling.

Thanks!

Balancing, unstacking and scrambling are all separate functions. You have to consider each function separately when talking about settings. Some settings apply to some functions but not others. For example, Whitelist applies to balancing and unstacking, but not scrambling.

In the version you have, the Friends List applies to balancing and unstacking, not to scrambling, and only applies to squads, not teams. For squads, it works exactly as if all the members of the friends list had the same clan tag. Two or more friends in the same squad will not be moved out of it, barring Fast speed or Dispersal.

In the next version, the one I'm currently working on, there are two relevant changes:

* Scrambler will respect the Friends List if you enabled Keep Friends In Same Team

* Balancer and unstacker will respect the Friends List for teams if you enable (I haven't thought of a name yet) in Section 1. So, in your example, if all 6 of the 10 friends were on the US team, even if they were each alone in six separate squads, they would not be moved to the RU team for balancing or unstacking, as long as the balancing speeds is anything but Fast (Fast ignores all exclusions except the Whitelist). As always, Dispersal settings take priority.

It doesn't matter. They all use the same command.

The log is perfect, thank you. It certainly looks like MB is failing to do what I intended. I will treat it as a bug and fix it.

Thanks appreciate you looking into it!

Originally Posted by dyn*:

For squads, it works exactly as if all the members of the friends list had the same clan tag.

Thank you for the clarification. We've had the friends list setup for some time now and wanted to ensure we had it operating correctly to try and whittle down some issues. This will help us interpreter the logs with more certainty.

Originally Posted by kcuestag*:

Anyone know how to edit so it says like ADMIN: Moved %name% for balance ...

Now it says MB: Moved %name% for balance ...

This would be nice, sometime people ask me who's MB, LOL!

This would be nice, sometime people ask me who's MB, LOL!

This comment confused me. I thought the original request was about the chat log. By "people", do you mean other admins looking at the Procon chat log?

BTW, I don't advise editing the plugin code unless a) you are prepared to do your own support for it, since I don't support altered versions and B) you know what you are doing.