MULTIbalancer [1.1.6.0] 30-MAR-2015 + BFHL

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by SnotGoblin*:

Well, there could be a bug in Friends list, if it really puts all tagged players, regardless of whether they are on any list or not, on the same team. I've never seen that in my testing, but anything is possible.

Sure, PM me layer access to your 64p Armored Kill server and give me some idea of what clans/players you want to stick together and how, by Whitelist, by Friends list, by clan tags, etc. And whether you want scrambling or not.

PM with details sent :ohmy:

Thank you very much in advance.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by kcuestag*:

I believe the double clan tag issue still persists Papa-Charlie9, I'm at a lan party with some friends, and one of them kept getting unstacked even though he had same clan tag as other friends in same squad, until I went into his profile and saw this:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/Doruko666/

He has an Xbox soldier, he had a different tag (SDI, now updated to Okas after I told him to), and I believe this was causing the issue.

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

I believe the double clan tag issue still persists Papa-Charlie9, I'm at a lan party with some friends, and one of them kept getting unstacked even though he had same clan tag as other friends in same squad, until I went into his profile and saw this:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/Doruko666/

He has an Xbox soldier, he had a different tag (SDI, now updated to Okas after I told him to), and I believe this was causing the issue.

That server was probably using Battlelog Cache, which hasn't been fixed yet. The problem is fixed in MB, but my fix isn't used if Battlelog Cache is active.

As a quick workaround at a lan party, any player with that problem can be added to the whitelist by an admin, either directly in Procon or with the in-game command:

@mb new whitelist Doruko666

Originally Posted by kcuestag*:

That server was probably using Battlelog Cache, which hasn't been fixed yet. The problem is fixed in MB, but my fix isn't used if Battlelog Cache is active.

As a quick workaround at a lan party, any player with that problem can be added to the whitelist by an admin, either directly in Procon or with the in-game command:

@mb new whitelist Doruko666

Thanks, I told him to change his console soldier clan tag to match the other ones, I am indeed using Battlelog Cache.

Still can't seem to get it to stop unstacking people who are Whitelisted or on friends list :sad:

Phogue just suffered from it on Karkand 24/7 even though he is Whitelisted with U B R S on the same line.

Could it possibly be a conflict between being Whitelisted, and being on friends list as well?

I assumed from the text in the friends list string that you can add clan tags to the friends list line

ie. LGN Phogue GC so if the player was playing with any of those tagged players he would not be split? or am I mis-interpreting that?

Have seen it happen twice tonight to GC members listed with GC U B R S in the white list string, and once to Phogue when he was in a squad with LGN tagged players, even though they are on a line in the friends list (LGN Phogue for example)

The other thing I wondered was if it was a potential conflict between having Whitelisting of reserved slots on, and having the clan tags that most of the reserved slots use in the white list, does one over ride the other? ie. Tags may be GC U B R S in the whitelist, but because they are reserve slotted, it assigns them no U B R S In the whitelist? Clutching at straws I am :ohmy: lol

Still can't seem to get it to stop unstacking people who are Whitelisted or on friends list :sad:

Phogue just suffered from it on Karkand 24/7 even though he is Whitelisted with U B R S on the same line.

Could it possibly be a conflict between being Whitelisted, and being on friends list as well?

I assumed from the text in the friends list string that you can add clan tags to the friends list line

ie. LGN Phogue GC so if the player was playing with any of those tagged players he would not be split? or am I mis-interpreting that?

Have seen it happen twice tonight to GC members listed with GC U B R S in the white list string, and once to Phogue when he was in a squad with LGN tagged players, even though they are on a line in the friends list (LGN Phogue for example)

The other thing I wondered was if it was a potential conflict between having Whitelisting of reserved slots on, and having the clan tags that most of the reserved slots use in the white list, does one over ride the other? ie. Tags may be GC U B R S in the whitelist, but because they are reserve slotted, it assigns them no U B R S In the whitelist? Clutching at straws I am :ohmy: lol

First, send me a ZIP of the Debug Level 6 plugin.log for the Karkand server so I can investigate what went wrong. I'll PM you my email.

Second, remove the codes. Since you are not using Dispersal, U B R S is the same as no code. I have your AK server Whitelist set up with no codes.

Third, it might have something to do with including the reserved slots list in the whitelist. If the problem persists after removing the codes, try disabling Enable Whitelisting of Reserve Slots List.

For friends list, yes, you can mix tags and names.

If you want me to review your Karkand settings, PM me the details.

Finally, if a player on the Whitelist gets moved for unstacking, they should be able to move themselves back. Or at least, the plugin won't prevent them from moving themselves back. So keep that in mind.

One more thing: if this happens again, go to the Procon layer and type "whitelist" into Show Command In Log and send me whatever text is displayed.

It moved me Papa. It promised it wouldn't and it moved me anyway.

I feel so violated.

:sad:

Hopefully it leaves you alone now!

Just had this occur

[15:27:50] Pengilly > dat team switch

[15:27:48] MULTIbalancer > Pengilly: Pengilly, you can't switch to team RU: autobalance moved you to the US team, sending you back ...

[15:28:00] Pengilly > auto balance. omfg

[15:28:06] Pengilly > y u unbalance serva!?

[15:28:03] MULTIbalancer > Pengilly: Pengilly, please stay on the US team for the rest of this round

[15:28:21] Goose_Muncher > wwwhhhhhyyyyyy

[15:28:40] SnotGoblin > SnotGoblin: :smile:

[15:28:45] HunterTwoFour - US Army > tank going to E

[15:28:47] Pengilly > thanks goblin

[15:28:54] Pengilly > *shakes head*

[15:28:57] Pengilly > hahaha

[15:29:18] SnotGoblin > SnotGoblin: were you split @ scramble?

[15:29:25] SnotGoblin > SnotGoblin: at round end?

[15:29:30] Moarphine > no

[15:29:33] Pengilly > Split after

[15:29:39] SnotGoblin > SnotGoblin: auto balanced?

[15:29:50] Moarphine > yeah

[15:29:55] Pengilly > yea, but it unbalanced the server heavily

[15:29:55] Moarphine > tyo a team with more players

[15:30:06] SnotGoblin > SnotGoblin: hmmmmm

[15:30:24] Moarphine > now i got auto balanced

[15:30:28] Goose_Muncher > OMG hahahaha

[15:30:53] Moarphine > why cant the server just be happy D:

[15:30:53] SnotGoblin > SnotGoblin: hmmmm you are in the same squad?

[15:30:56] Moarphine > we were

[15:30:58] SuriiKat9 - Russian Army - Delta > ol

[15:31:03] SnotGoblin > SnotGoblin: ok need to know this

[15:31:13] MULTIbalancer > Moarphine: Moarphine, you can't switch to team RU: autobalance moved you to the US team, sending you back ...

Moarphine and Pengilly are on a line in the friends list;

Pengilly Misfit-_-TRAT PopsCoom ProjectENZ JKSr-Altitude Moarphine

I assume it was rank disbursement, Have changed the server to leniant rank disbursement to keep them together?

Will Auto Balance split friends lists?

The Karkand 24/7 server seems to love the Unstacker apart from the obvious teething problems!

(more me than the Balancer I am sure!)

Have many intense close games on here, down to the wire (Less than 20 ticket difference is common)

:sad:

Hopefully it leaves you alone now!

Spoke too soon.

[18:03:07] MULTIbalancer > PhogueZero: *** MOVED PhogueZero to unstack teams ...

Waaaaah I don't understand, Phogue is Whitelisted, and also has his name in a line on the friends list when playing with LGN tagged players.

Not sure why it is doing this. Do I need to restart the layer after adding or modifying the friends list?

Originally Posted by Apex40000*:

Hi

Can you guys confirm if the white balance is working.

I have the plug-in setup for a standard user (thats me ;-) ) as I'm not to tech savvy .. I've added the list of names Platoon tags to the white list But they are still not able to more around on the server freely we jsut get an in game messaged while in the squad screen in the game saying it will unbalance the teams --to solve this we have to jump on procon and Force move the player over.

It's totally possible I'm doing some thing wrong .. Is there anything else I need to active to make the white list work other than making sure it says true next to it.

Otherwise Brilliant Plug-in and many thanks for all the hard work that you guys have put in.

(I did a search on the thread and could not find an answer, if this has been answered already apologies in advance for asking the same question again)

apex40000

It moved me Papa. It promised it wouldn't and it moved me anyway.

I feel so violated.

Attention all MULTIbalancer users! Please add this code to the OnPlayerSpawned function. This will improve the playing experience of all players on your servers:

Code:

if (soldierName == "PhogueTheOziot") {
    Random diceRoll = new Random();
    switch (diceRoll.Next(3)) {
        case 0: KillWhacka(soldierName); break;
        case 1: KickMug(soldierName, "Roos loose in the top paddock"); break;
        case 2: MoveFIGJAMToLosingTeam(soldierName); break;
        default:;
    }
}

attention all multibalancer users! Please add this code to the onplayerspawned function. This will improve the playing experience of all players on your servers:

Code:

if (soldiername == "phoguetheoziot") {
    random diceroll = new random();
    switch (diceroll.next(3)) {
        case 0: Killwhacka(soldiername); break;
        case 1: Kickmug(soldiername, "roos loose in the top paddock"); break;
        case 2: Movefigjamtolosingteam(soldiername); break;
        default:;
    }
}
rofl!

Originally Posted by Jasonpb*:

Whitelist seems to work on and off, I gave up on clan tags and used a text file with a list of all our clan members, that seems to work the best, although as mentioned not all the time :ohmy:

Whitelist seems to work on and off, I gave up on clan tags and used a text file with a list of all our clan members, that seems to work the best, although as mentioned not all the time :ohmy:

Yes what I noticed yesterday was when it was doing the strange "shifting" of whitelisted players, when you put the command Whitelist into the "Show command in log", it would show nothing, even though the whitelist Entries were there, and had not been modified recently, and whitelisted players were on the server.(It only shows players in game I believe who are whitelisted).

Weird thing was after restarting the procon layer, the whitelist worked fine again. Not sure why it stopped working or treated it as empty, but am pretty sure this is the cause of the problems I was experiencing.

I will automatically restart the layer daily to over come this, and check the whitelist setting manually when I start each server with the show in log command :smile:

If show in log is empty, then your whitelisted players will be unstacked!

Thanks for all the good work, and this awesome Plugin PapaCharlie9!

I am confident with my recent experience, and looking at settings you have made, that it is PEBKAC issues with the plugin 99% of the time!

Quite often you may adjust one setting, but need to turn something else off somewhere else to make it work :smile:

Takes a fair bit of time to learn and understand, but I firmly believe the investment in time is worth it for the game results when it is set up correctly :smile:

Originally Posted by Apex40000*:

Thanks guys for you feed back on the white list player move on the server Prob i'm getting..

Can you also confirm if it's ok to have Clan tags and Clan players names (on seperate lines) e.g. I'm in FMUK platoon

whitelist looks like this:

FMUK

apex40000

Would this cause anyproblems ? because I have all the Fmuk soldiers names seperate plus the FMUK in the white list is it best if I just remove the FMUK from the whitelist and keep there names?

I will also try restarting the Procon server to see if this fixes this problem.. Because it can be a pain having to manually Force move all your friends on the whitelist :-(

But other than this -- The plug-in works a treat and doesn't crash off the procon server like TB use too :-).

Thanks Guys

apex40000

Yes what I noticed yesterday was when it was doing the strange "shifting" of whitelisted players, when you put the command Whitelist into the "Show command in log", it would show nothing, even though the whitelist Entries were there, and had not been modified recently, and whitelisted players were on the server.(It only shows players in game I believe who are whitelisted).

Weird thing was after restarting the procon layer, the whitelist worked fine again. Not sure why it stopped working or treated it as empty, but am pretty sure this is the cause of the problems I was experiencing.

I will automatically restart the layer daily to over come this, and check the whitelist setting manually when I start each server with the show in log command :smile:

I am confident with my recent experience, and looking at settings you have made, that it is PEBKAC issues with the plugin 99% of the time!

Quite often you may adjust one setting, but need to turn something else off somewhere else to make it work :smile:

Takes a fair bit of time to learn and understand, but I firmly believe the investment in time is worth it for the game results when it is set up correctly :smile:

These are all useful clues. They suggest an area I need to test more carefully to discover the problem. It has something to do with the Whitelist data not getting updated properly.

Instead of restarting the layer, if there are only one or two servers you want to insure work properly, just change the Whitelist. That forces an internal update of all the data. You can do something like add Test (any legal BF3 name will do), then type the lists command into Show Command In Log to make sure Test shows up in Whitelist, then remove it. Or leave it and the next time you want to force an update, remove it. Any change to the Whitelist will force an update.

Thanks guys for you feed back on the white list player move on the server Prob i'm getting..

Can you also confirm if it's ok to have Clan tags and Clan players names (on seperate lines) e.g. I'm in FMUK platoon

whitelist looks like this:

FMUK

apex40000

Would this cause anyproblems ?

That is supposed to work, but apparently there may be a bug in MB that is preventing it from working.

Just leave it like that, with FMUK, and report any problems.

These are all useful clues. They suggest an area I need to test more carefully to discover the problem. It has something to do with the Whitelist data not getting updated properly.

Instead of restarting the layer, if there are only one or two servers you want to insure work properly, just change the Whitelist. That forces an internal update of all the data. You can do something like add Test (any legal BF3 name will do), then type the lists command into Show Command In Log to make sure Test shows up in Whitelist, then remove it. Or leave it and the next time you want to force an update, remove it. Any change to the Whitelist will force an update.

Something strange is certainly occuring with the Whitelist function. I noted yesterday evening when I had GC tagged players on the server, Only about 50% of them showed up in the show in log command Whitelist.

As you mentioned, adding a name, or just modifying the data in the string forced an update, and they showed up after that.

Very strange that it occurs though, Something I did notice occuring @ the same time or similar though was "clan tag look up failed" message coming from the BL cache i assume. I think this had something to do with the problem.

Maybe clan tags in the whitelist are not the way to go currently, and potentially reserve slots on whitelist might be a better option for my situation.

Something is definitely up with the Whitelisting function though, it does seem to stop working for no reason that I can find.

The first you know it is not working, is when one of the whitelisted players moans about being shifted.

Friends list function seems to work fine :smile:

Originally Posted by Jasonpb*:

Here's what the output was for me, nothing in the lists at first, when adding a clan tag I got this

Code:

[06:04:59 49] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Whitelist(1):
[06:04:59 49] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] TAG
[06:04:59 49] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log]  
[06:04:59 49] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Friends List(0):
[06:04:59 49] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Disperse Evenly List(1):
[06:04:59 49] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Group assignments: 1/2/3/4
Adding back in whitelist.txt which resides in my config directory.

Code:

[06:12:07 22] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Command: lists
[06:12:07 22] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Whitelist(1):
[06:12:07 22] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] whitelist.txt
[06:12:07 22] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log]  
[06:12:07 22] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Friends List(0):
[06:12:07 22] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Disperse Evenly List(1):
[06:12:07 22] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Group assignments: 1/2/3/4
Funnily enough on my other two instances the "whitelist.txt" remains there, although as with several other people doesn't always work :ohmy:

My whitelist.txt file is a list of names, with a new one on each line, no whitespace.

Originally Posted by Singh400*:

Yeah...this plugin infuriates the crap out of me as a player. Why oh why, when the teams are unbalanced doesn't it choose the logic of last player joined to be moved. It's the one that makes the most sense. But to pluck the best player (and I'd rather not have that accolade when I'm being switched). It's particularly grating when I push and manage to break through and coax the rest of the team to follow. And I get switched on my next death.

I've just stopped playing on servers that use this plugin aggressively (Xtra, 11) because it ruins my enjoyment of playing the game. The only place where the plugin is a lot more lenient is UN. Yes, I get moved there too, but it happens a lot less. Whereas I'm guaranteed (9/10) to get moved on either Xtra/11.

Originally Posted by xFaNtASyGiRLx*:

Yeah...this plugin infuriates the crap out of me as a player. Why oh why, when the teams are unbalanced doesn't it choose the logic of last player joined to be moved. It's the one that makes the most sense. But to pluck the best player (and I'd rather not have that accolade when I'm being switched). It's particularly grating when I push and manage to break through and coax the rest of the team to follow. And I get switched on my next death.

I've just stopped playing on servers that use this plugin aggressively (Xtra, 11) because it ruins my enjoyment of playing the game. The only place where the plugin is a lot more lenient is UN. Yes, I get moved there too, but it happens a lot less. Whereas I'm guaranteed (9/10) to get moved on either Xtra/11.

If you read the WHOLE thread from the beginning, it infuriated a lot of my regulars too, so much that they came here to post how much they hated it.

So I did many many many manyyyyyyy adjustments and finally got it working to most everyone's enjoyment. Keep in mind I have many other servers and so all servers have to have their own settings.

Now it works so well that I don't even bother with adjusting anything anymore or even updating to the newest patch :P

Now it works so well that I don't even bother with adjusting anything anymore or even updating to the newest patch :P

Well you ought to update at least to pick up bug fixes. You don't have to change any of your settings.

Well in the case of Xtra and 11 I'm sure Hexa and EB have deliberately chosen settings to intensify play -- just like C2C. So you are doing what they expected; if you don't like, don't play there.

Speaking of don't like, I refuse to play on any server that moves the last player to join. I don't know how many times I've seen my friends are playing on server X, I get in the wait queue and after an eternity I finally get in the server, then half the time I have to wait several minutes more until there is room on their team to switch to it, then I have to wait several minutes more while yelling at them in VOIP to make room in their squad, then I'm finally in their squad and happy -- and the balancer moves me to the other team, because I was the last to join.

In a lot of cases, unlike Xtra and 11, I'm sure the MB configuration is not optimal. Unstacking takes time and effort to configure correctly. That said, I have some ideas on how to improve the unstacking configuration. For example, there needs to be a maximum "don't bother" percentage, where unstacking turns off if one team is too far behind. For example, if one team is 300% behind the other team in tickets less than halfway through the round, sending Singh400 over to the losers isn't helping anyone.

Adding back in whitelist.txt which resides in my config directory.

Code:

[06:12:07 22] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Command: lists
[06:12:07 22] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Whitelist(1):
[06:12:07 22] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] whitelist.txt
[06:12:07 22] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Friends List(0):
[06:12:07 22] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Disperse Evenly List(1):
[06:12:07 22] [MULTIbalancer]:0 [Show In Log] Group assignments: 1/2/3/4
That isn't set up right. You should not see the name of the file, you should see the contents of the file.

You have to enter the file name as the first line of the Whitelist setting and it has to have the

Then when you do the lists command, it will show the contents of the file.

If you use clan tags for something, like Whitelist, Friends List, or Keep Clan Tags Together settings, MB will only work as well as the fetch from Battlelog. As Snotty noted above, sometimes that fetch fails, which can lead to some (but not all) of the reported problems with Whitelist and Friends List.

So what would you think about my adding the following?

* If a clan tag fetch fails through Battlelog Cache AND their player name or GUID is not directly on the Whitelist, retry the fetch directly from Battlelog. There's a known bug in BC that hasn't been fixed yet that can cause some clan tag fetches to fail. It's fixed in my direct fetch code.

* Meanwhile, while a player's clan tag fetch is still pending (it can take several minutes), put that player on a temporary whitelist. MB won't do anything to that player until the fetch completes with success.

* If the fetch fails and all retries have been exhausted, inspect the value of a new setting that I will add, called Enable Whitelisting Of Failed Fetches or something like that. If that setting is True, the player will stay on the temporary whitelist until they leave the server.

At the end of every round, a report will be logged in plugin.log listing all the players on the temporary whitelist. If you see a known player on the list (for example, should have your clan tag and your clan tag is on your Whitelist), you can manually add them to the permanent Whitelist by name.

Hmmm, I might also need to add a Blacklist: players who's Battlelog fetch always fails but that you don't want to be temporarily whitelisted. We'll have to see if that becomes necessary.

Originally Posted by EBassie*:

@Singh400:

after your previous rage... a couple of weeks back I have tuned the balancer a bit.

Are you still being swapped every time you play on my server?

Last time I noticed you in the Metro server I did not notice you get swapped... so... please try again :ohmy: