MULTIbalancer [1.1.6.0] 30-MAR-2015 + BFHL

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

I get error messages.What can i do?

Message are ERROR System.IO.DirectoryNotFound:Ein Teil des Pfades "D:\gameserver\225116\Logs\176.57.140.192_47200\20 130808_005_5-Ziba_Tower-D0_tlr.csv"konnte nicht gefunden werden.

I will have to update the instructions/documentation: you must disable the security sandbox for Plugins if you set the Enable Ticket Loss Rate Logging feature to True. Tools => Options => Plugins tab => Plugin security set to "Run plugins with no restrictions".

If you have already done that, it may mean I am not constructing the path for the log file correctly for some cases. Are you running a layer?

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by Imperum*:

Can anyone help me with a good setup for a server running Firestorm and Caspian border on conquest large, 1000 tickets? I have tried the one listed for a 700-800 tickets conquest large, but it won't provide a stable balance, one team is always OP.

Also, on which atribute do you balance? (score, spm, kills, kpm, rank etc.?

Thanx in advance!

Can anyone help me with a good setup for a server running Firestorm and Caspian border on conquest large, 1000 tickets? I have tried the one listed for a 700-800 tickets conquest large, but it won't provide a stable balance, one team is always OP.

Also, on which atribute do you balance? (score, spm, kills, kpm, rank etc.?

Thanx in advance!

Try the Quick Start instructions in post #1. That will direct you to Enable Settings Wizard. That will get you started. Try Standard style at first and see how things go.

Originally Posted by Atemu*:

Try the Quick Start instructions in post #1. That will direct you to Enable Settings Wizard. That will get you started. Try Standard style at first and see how things go.

I tried that and the balancing is not working :sad:

Originally Posted by tarreltje*:

I got some sort of problem on my 32p TDM/Rush. While most of the games are ridiculus close at end, even got one time 250 -250 :cool: , i get some complains about clanstacking.

I balance only no unstack, and keep clans in squad en team together. The problem is that sometimes i play with my clan, then we have like 6 to 8 clanmembers , all level 100, in one team. Even when there isnt a rape fest going on, people get frustated by the fact they think its a bad balanced game because we are all together!!!

Lately i have seen some people that were complaining, even if i tell them the balancing is fine, they quit the game...

What could be a good solution for this?

I got some sort of problem on my 32p TDM/Rush. While most of the games are ridiculus close at end, even got one time 250 -250 :cool: , i get some complains about clanstacking.

I balance only no unstack, and keep clans in squad en team together. The problem is that sometimes i play with my clan, then we have like 6 to 8 clanmembers , all level 100, in one team. Even when there isnt a rape fest going on, people get frustated by the fact they think its a bad balanced game because we are all together!!!

Lately i have seen some people that were complaining, even if i tell them the balancing is fine, they quit the game...

A few ideas.

You can just ignore them. Sometimes there's no making losers happy.

You can ask a squad of your mates to switch sides. That what we do.

You can try the Dispersal List feature. If you put your clan tag in the list, your clan will (eventually) be dispersed evenly between teams. As long as you aren't whitelisted.

Originally Posted by Sabn0ck*:

I'm still 100% lost on these settings.

The presets do not balance better than the balancer I'm already using but I suspect that if config'd properly, this balancer would be better than my current balancer.

Could someone who has gotten this to work good help me out on comms?

If the dev, I will make you a procon account so you'll be able to walk me thru it and I'll make a good donation for your time spent on me.

Thanks in advance

The presets do not balance better than the balancer I'm already using but I suspect that if config'd properly, this balancer would be better than my current balancer.

If the dev, I will make you a procon account so you'll be able to walk me thru it and I'll make a good donation for your time spent on me.

Thanks in advance

Try sending a PM to Blitz. He's helped others and if he has the time, he might be able to help you.

Originally Posted by Jaythegreat1*:

Then they solved the problems for themselves. Basically... you're not going to make everyone happy.

Originally Posted by SnotGoblin*:

Thanks in advance

Happy to help you with Conquest settings if required :smile:

Originally Posted by Blitz*:

I noticed an issue today... Teams were unbalanced and ticket ratio was within the threshold for unstacking NOT to occur, however the winning team was up by about 150 tickets. The losing team had 4 more players than the winning team. MB moved two very strong players from the losing team to the winning team for balance. This tipped the scale considerably in favor of the winning team. The gap in tickets grew so fast that any unstacking would have been too late to make a difference.

For balancing, is there any way to have MB move weak players if the losing team has more players, or move strong players if the winning team has more players for balance? Or even moving average strength players in either scenario?

I noticed an issue today... Teams were unbalanced and ticket ratio was within the threshold for unstacking NOT to occur, however the winning team was up by about 150 tickets. The losing team had 4 more players than the winning team. MB moved two very strong players from the losing team to the winning team for balance. This tipped the scale considerably in favor of the winning team. The gap in tickets grew so fast that any unstacking would have been too late to make a difference.

For balancing, is there any way to have MB move weak players if the losing team has more players, or move strong players if the winning team has more players for balance? Or even moving average strength players in either scenario?

During balancing MB is not supposed to move strong players to the winning team, nor weak players to the losing team for that matter, unless the balancing speed is Fast. The speed Fast means the most important thing is to restore balance as quickly as possible, even if that causes teams to be stacked.

So there are two things to check:

* What was the balance speed at the time? If it was Fast, the behavior you saw is expected.

* What was the strength of the players at that point in time? For example, if you are using RoundSPM, is it possible that their scores were low because they just joined, rating them as "weak", even though in general they are strong players?

During balancing MB is not supposed to move strong players to the winning team, nor weak players to the losing team for that matter, unless the balancing speed is Fast. The speed Fast means the most important thing is to restore balance as quickly as possible, even if that causes teams to be stacked.

So there are two things to check:

* What was the balance speed at the time? If it was Fast, the behavior you saw is expected.

* What was the strength of the players at that point in time? For example, if you are using RoundSPM, is it possible that their scores were low because they just joined, rating them as "weak", even though in general they are strong players?

Speed is set to Slow at all phases and population settings.

The two players' RoundSPM was higher than average. They were within the top 5 best players on their team on an almost full server, and they were balanced about 3/4 of the way through the round (they have been in the server since the round started).

Speed is set to Slow at all phases and population settings.

The two players' RoundSPM was higher than average. They were within the top 5 best players on their team on an almost full server, and they were balanced about 3/4 of the way through the round (they have been in the server since the round started).

Could be a bug in MB. Do you have a log of the round? What debug level?

Originally Posted by RaengDolPhSKi*:

i have Question

i want to activate scrambler on whitelist (end round ). ( look like Insane Balancer )

i just want to shutdown live balance on whitelist. ( look like True Balance )

can i do that?

Originally Posted by mase*:

the message that someone got balanced is shown quite late in the chat on my server, like 10-20 seconds or even more after he got moved.

is that kind of a bug or a wrong setting in the balancer?

i have Question

i want to activate scrambler on whitelist (end round ). ( look like Insane Balancer )

i just want to shutdown live balance on whitelist. ( look like True Balance )

can i do that?

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean for either request. Please say more. The more detail you give, the easier it is to piece together what you want.

I don't know anything about how Insane Balancer works, so you will have to explain that to me.

I know how True Balance works internally, but I don't use it myself so I don't know how specific features work for an admin. So again, you will have to explain it to me.

the message that someone got balanced is shown quite late in the chat on my server, like 10-20 seconds or even more after he got moved.

is that kind of a bug or a wrong setting in the balancer?

The message is sent when the player spawns (a player can't see a chat message when they are in the kill cam mode on death and moves only happen on death). If they stay idle in the spawning screen for 10 to 20 seconds after dying, they won't see the message for 10 to 20 seconds, or 3 minutes for that matter.

If you think that is too distracting for other players, that is, players not being moved, change Quiet Mode to True. Then the chat message will be sent only to the player that moved, but still not until they spawn.

Originally Posted by mase*:

The message is sent when the player spawns (a player can't see a chat message when they are in the kill cam mode on death and moves only happen on death). If they stay idle in the spawning screen for 10 to 20 seconds after dying, they won't see the message for 10 to 20 seconds, or 3 minutes for that matter.

If you think that is too distracting for other players, that is, players not being moved, change Quiet Mode to True. Then the chat message will be sent only to the player that moved, but still not until they spawn.

ah ok, that makes sense :smile: thx for the answer!

Papa, is there anyway you can follow the logic of balancing (not unstacking) and determine that strong and weak players are moved in appropriate situations using "slow"?

Sure, code review is always welcome. BTW, if you set your Debug Level to at least 5, you can see all the decisions about strong/weak being made in the log.

We'll got in reverse. Starting from the actual move for balance, we look at the logic that comes right before it, which has to do with last minute exemptions. We find:

Code:

// Strong/Weak exemptions and clan tag
        if (!mustMove && balanceSpeed != Speed.Fast && fromList.Count >= minPlayers) {
            if (DebugLevel > 5) DebugBalance(strongMsg);
            // don't move weak player to losing team, unless we are only moving weak players
            if (!isStrong  && toTeam == losingTeam && !perMode.OnlyMoveWeakPlayers) {
                DebugBalance("Exempting ^b" + name + "^n, don't move weak player to losing team (#" + (playerIndex+1) + " of " + fromList.Count + ", top " + (strongest) + ")");
                fExemptRound = fExemptRound + 1;
                IncrementTotal();
                return;
            }

// don't move strong player to winning team
            if (isStrong && toTeam == winningTeam) {
                DebugBalance("Exempting ^b" + name + "^n, don't move strong player to winning team (#" + (playerIndex+1) + " of " + fromList.Count + ", median " + (strongest) + ")");
                fExemptRound = fExemptRound + 1;
                IncrementTotal();
                return;
            }
        }
I omitted some code that doesn't have to do with strong/weak. So the things that might cause a move to happen and for strong/weak to be ignored are: mustMove is true or balanceSpeed is Fast or number of players in the team that the player is coming from is less than the value of minPlayers. minPlayers is set the number of players that can be considered top players, eg., with 64 players, up to 3 can be considered top players, so if the number of players in the team is less than 3, don't move strong/weak. Of course, that should never happen, but its bulletproofing.

So how can mustMove end up being true or balanceSpeed end up being Fast? Working our way backward, the first assignment of mustMove is:

Code:

/* Balance */

int toTeamDiff = 0;
    int toTeam = ToTeam(name, player.Team, false, out toTeamDiff, ref mustMove); // take into account dispersal by Rank, etc.
Like the comment says, mustMove might be set to true if there is Rank dispersal going on. So if you have Rank Dispersal enabled, that could override strong/weak selection.

Above that code, there is another possible assignment of mustMove to true here:

Code:

/* Check dispersals */

bool mustMove = false;
    bool lenient = false;
    int maxDispersalMoves = 2;
    bool isDisperseByRank = IsRankDispersal(player);
    bool isDisperseByList = IsDispersal(player, false);
    if (isDisperseByList) {
        String dispersalMode = (lenient) _ "LENIENT MODE" : "STRICT MODE";
        DebugBalance("ON MUST MOVE LIST ^b" + player.FullName + "^n T:" + player.Team + ", disperse evenly enabled, " + dispersalMode);
        mustMove = true;
        lenient = !perMode.EnableStrictDispersal; // the opposite of strict is lenient
        maxDispersalMoves = (lenient) _ 1 : 2;
    } else if (isDisperseByRank) {
        DebugBalance("ON MUST MOVE LIST ^b" + name + "^n T:" + player.Team + ", Rank " + player.Rank + " >= " + perMode.DisperseEvenlyByRank);
        mustMove = true;
        lenient = LenientRankDispersal;
        maxDispersalMoves = (lenient) _ 1 : 2;
    }
So again if rank dispersal is enabled, strong/weak could be overridden. Also, if Disperse Evenly List is enabled, that might happen. That's it for mustMove. Now speed. Going back to the end and working up, the first assignment of speed is:

Code:

/* Per-mode settings */

// Adjust for duration of balance active
    if (needsBalancing && fBalanceIsActive && balanceSpeed == Speed.Adaptive && fLastBalancedTimestamp != DateTime.MinValue) {
        double secs = now.Subtract(fLastBalancedTimestamp).TotalSeconds;
        if (secs > SecondsUntilAdaptiveSpeedBecomesFast) {
            DebugBalance("^8^bBalancing taking too long (" + secs.ToString("F0") + " secs)!^n^0 Forcing to Fast balance speed.");
            balanceSpeed = Speed.Fast;
        }
    }
    String orSlow = (balanceSpeed == Speed.Slow) _ " or speed is Slow" : String.Empty;
If speed is set to Adaptive, it can be changed to Fast if Seconds Until Adaptive Speed Become Fast is achieved. If it started out as Slow, this won't happen.

Above that code is:

Code:

/* Per-mode and player info */

String extractedTag = ExtractTag(player);
    Speed balanceSpeed = GetBalanceSpeed(perMode);
That gets your per-mode setting out of the options you set.

So that's it. It is definitely possible for strong/weak to be ignored, but only for the cases described above.

Wow, that is a lengthy walkthrough. Thanks for doing this.

I'm beginning to think that the reason strong players were moved to the winning team is because of rank dispersal. Based on you explanation above, does this seem possible?

Originally Posted by Sabn0ck*:

Try sending a PM to Blitz. He's helped others and if he has the time, he might be able to help you.

I'll give it a shot, thanks.

Happy to help you with Conquest settings if required :smile:

Thanks but I run Mixed Modes including CQ DOM, CQ, CTF, and Rush

would like it to work properly for everything I run.

Wow, that is a lengthy walkthrough. Thanks for doing this.

I'm beginning to think that the reason strong players were moved to the winning team is because of rank dispersal. Based on you explanation above, does this seem possible?

Absolutely. Dispersal has priority over strong/weak for selecting who to move. And who knows? Maybe there is a bug in the dispersal selection code. It is rather complicated.

Originally Posted by kcuestag*:

Hey PapaCharlie9, is there a way of adding an Exclusion list to exclude players from "Minutes after being moved" ?

I have it set to 90, but there's a guy who joins late at nights and he really unbalances our server on jet maps, and I want the balancer to just move him when needed, I don't really care about him complaining or anything.