MULTIbalancer [1.1.6.0] 30-MAR-2015 + BFHL

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

is ticket loss ratio going to be implemented ?

No, sorry. I'm exhausted after fixing the Scrambler, that took forever. It's top of the list on the backlog for the version after.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by Blitz*:

Clever. Remind me never to declare psychological warfare on your clan.

Should I change the default message to "*** MOVED because you are sooo special!"? :smile:

***MOVED because you suck shit...

or

***MOVED because you rape too much...

LOL :biggrin:

Originally Posted by Singh400*:

is ticket loss ratio going to be implemented ? i had too many complaints regarding unstacking i just disabled it.

otherwise everything is perfect.

A lot of the complaints come from the fact that often the hardest working player is moved. A number of times I've spearheaded an attack (on your server no less) and then after a successful push I inevitably die and get balanced/teams unstacked. It's like a kick in the balls, especially when you've worked harder to push forward.

That being said, the annoyance wears off fairly quickly. If it doesn't, I just quit. And try again later.

Originally Posted by Blitz*:

A lot of the complaints come from the fact that often the hardest working player is moved. A number of times I've spearheaded an attack (on your server no less) and then after a successful push I inevitably die and get balanced/teams unstacked. It's like a kick in the balls, especially when you've worked harder to push forward.

That being said, the annoyance wears off fairly quickly. If it doesn't, I just quit. And try again later.

A player like you should appreciate and enjoy the fact that you got moved to the losing side. Why wouldn't you want a consistent challenge? I hate playing on a server only to find I am running around looking for stragglers. My reward when I play is to make a difference. If the team I'm on is raping, I usually switch to the losing side to see if I can make a difference.

The good loner players on our server get unstacked all the time and they keep coming back because the game is always challenging and they actually want to be moved to the losing team.

To make a comeback once you have been moved is an epic reward. I think good players more and more will embrace the fact that they get moved to face a challenge.

I can understand that if you are a clanner or with a friend in a squad and want to stay in your squad. But the loners really shouldn't care.

It's done. New release 1.0.4.0 has been posted.

The size of the plugin has almost doubled. Most of that is new Scrambler code. I could probably spend forever perfecting it, but 95% of rounds without a failure is good enough. I sure learned a lot about the mysteries of what the game server gets up to between rounds!

I owe you all a detailed set of release notes, but it's taken me all day just to update the documentation and post the new release. I'm going to take a break now. Expect more details later.

One big chunk of documentation I still need to write is all of the new in-game commands. The coolest thing about the new commands is that if you are an admin in a game and a bunch of friends without tags complain about getting split up, and you want to keep them in your server instead of tell them to "GTFO QQ bitches", you can use an in-game command to add them as friends. No need to leave the game and fiddle with Procon settings. Same for Whitelist and dispersal lists. Most of the commands are for manipulating the three lists.

HexaCanon, you should be happy. I completely changed the priority of exclusions. Scrambler is still at the top (ignores Whitelist), but during the round, Whitelist is now on top. Dispersal is completely controlled by the Whitelist options. I think you can achieve what you wanted by using all the new Dispersal settings and Whitelist codes. I also added in-game commands so you can subscribe to all move messages, even if Quiet Mode is set. Every message sent to a player will be sent to you too, if you use @mb subscribe.

Enough for now.

A player like you should appreciate and enjoy the fact that you got moved to the losing side. Why wouldn't you want a consistent challenge? I hate playing on a server only to find I am running around looking for stragglers. My reward when I play is to make a difference. If the team I'm on is raping, I usually switch to the losing side to see if I can make a difference.

The good loner players on our server get unstacked all the time and they keep coming back because the game is always challenging and they actually want to be moved to the losing team.

To make a comeback once you have been moved is an epic reward. I think good players more and more will embrace the fact that they get moved to face a challenge.

I can understand that if you are a clanner or with a friend in a squad and want to stay in your squad. But the loners really shouldn't care.

I really don't want to derail this thread, it's main focus is meant to be MB. We'll have to finish the discussion another day :smile:

Already using it my self, let's see how Scrambler works, again, huge thanks for all this epic work you've done.

Note to everyone using Scrambler: change the delay to something between 50 and 58 seconds. You'll have to fine tune from there. The default 30 is too short, I should have changed it to 50.

Originally Posted by Mandizzy*:

Recently too many were raging against balancer so I turned it off completely. To my surprise, I found out that built in balancer works great for balancing number of players on each side. Anyhow, I still want to use the scramble mode at end of round. Is it possible to use just that and set balancing and unstacking to none?

Originally Posted by SnotGoblin*:

Many thanks for all your work, all 6 GC servers updated and tweaked, and getting some nice close games, and not much rage!

Even had phoguezero on and playing tonight! DICE friends tags

Top work and thank you so much :ohmy:

Cheers,

Snotty

Originally Posted by kcuestag*:

Note to everyone using Scrambler: change the delay to something between 50 and 58 seconds. You'll have to fine tune from there. The default 30 is too short, I should have changed it to 50.

Thanks for mentioning that, just changed it to 50. :smile:

IF YOU USE SCRAMBLER

Everything in the FAQ about tuning the Scrambler still applies:

myrcon.net/...multibalancer-faq-and-detailed-explanations#entry43456

Here's the short version:

TL;DR: Start with 50 seconds for Delay Seconds and adjust. Collect Debug Level 6 plugin.log for a few rounds, particularly if your server changes modes. You want to see the (SCRAMBLER) DONE! message about 4 seconds before the Load level detected time. Since the Scrambler has a wide range of times it needs to run, from 5 to 30 seconds, somewhat proportional to the number of players, this will take several tries to tune up. You should end up with a Delay Seconds between 50 and 58 seconds.

I've also update the FAQ about why the Scrambler sometimes fails:

myrcon.net/...multibalancer-faq-and-detailed-explanations#entry43457

Post #2, What's new, has been updated.

Next, I will add a new FAQ: "How do I keep players together_" Most of the new settings give you more control over keeping players together or splitting them apart (Dispersal).

Originally Posted by xFaNtASyGiRLx*:

Should I change the default message to "*** MOVED because you are sooo special!"? :smile:

actually YES! :smile: it always softens the blow when I tell a crying player he was moved because multibalancer sees him as a "strong" player. win win! He feels good that he is complimented for his skills and the team also gets unstacked!

player: why am I always getting balanced every map blabla

me: its because you must be a "strong" player cause MB only chooses the strong ones :smile:

player: oh ok, I guess so.

Originally Posted by dyn*:

LOL!!

I do want to let a player know they've been moved. Though I'm tempted to remove all player messages and just leave everything silent. There are times when players don't even know they've been moved until several minutes after. This leads me to believe that some people just run and gun and don't even know what team they're on, nor do they care. My thought is what point is there in letting a player know they've been moved if they can't move back and there is nothing they can do besides stay there and play ?

Right now players just don't know what the unstacker is and will often grossly over-estimate how often they're actually being moved. I've heard "I'm being moved every round!" when in fact it's setup, and logs prove, that they're being moved AT MOST once every 2 hours or so.... actually most everyone is being moved less than that. So.. meh.

Then maybe throw in some psyops randomly saying someone else has been moved so they are never quite sure who is supposed to be on their team. hahaha :X Going to put in an insane limits request for that now? /kidding

I really don't want to derail this thread, it's main focus is meant to be MB. We'll have to finish the discussion another day :smile:

This plugin infuriates me as a player, it really does. Just playing on Hexa's server, doing well pushed the winning team back to A and pushed them out. Had a good streak, died and it switched me, and now because of the switch I'm on the losing side that I helped pushed back. Where is the logic in that? Particularly on Metro where it's common for RU to win and US to lose. Everyone takes turns to rape if you will, randomly switching the hardest working players between sides just makes me want to leave the server and not come back. Either I do good and get switched, or I do less-than-what-I-normally-do and win with ease.

Not to mention, as players were switched they were leaving after the switched. Which resulted in the losing team being down by four players for an extended period of time. I can only summarise that the plugin was waiting for the next best player to die so they can be switched.

I believe I found a new bug, for Rank Dispersal, there were three players with tag "PVTA" and it balanced this player (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/Boddom/).

Message was: [21:56:42] MULTIbalancer > All: *** MOVED Boddom for balance ...

So I believe that was because of Rank Dispersal. In the Exclusions tab I have "Same Clan Tags" (In Squad, In Team, and For Rank Dispersal) all set to True, and Lenient Rank Dispersal to True as well, yet it split him to the other team.

I did not log this, so I just enabled pluging logging again and I'm hoping I can reproduce it again. So far the same clan mates complained to me twice today for the same thing.

Edit:

Said player had the "PVTA" tag since today, and he restarted the game, but maybe he needs to restart Battlelog and Origin for it to properly take effect?

I'll try to reproduce it again with plugging logging enabled. :smile:

Seems to be working good.

Using BalancingOnly

Sort and Scramble by BattlelogSPM

Unstacking just seems to make too many people angry.

When I first started using the plugin it made A LOT of people angry, but after a few days people started to get used to the Unstacking and they prefer this plugin now.

Originally Posted by OscarMike*:

When I first started using the plugin it made A LOT of people angry, but after a few days people started to get used to the Unstacking and they prefer this plugin now.

MB also takes a lot of tweaking to get the optimal settings for your specific servers and settings. For example, it took us about 14 hours (assessing MB logs and end of round tickets) to find the optimal settings for our 5 servers in regards to finding the perfect balance between close ticket difference rounds and low amounts of player rage/intrusion. MB has so many settings that more often it takes a lot of time and patience in order to get it working in a balanced manner (balance vs. player rage).

@PapaCharlie9

The setting of "Enable whitelisting of Reserved Slots list". I had it set to "True". However, reserved slot players were selected for unstacking. I had to manually update the "Whitelist" below the previous setting and only then those players (Reserved slot list) were immune. Is this intended for the feature in bold? If so, it just increases the amount of manual labour needed to maintain "immune" people as we have a script that updates all reserved slots players every x minutes based on donations received.

Said player had the "PVTA" tag since today

It's possible that even though it looks like the player's tag has been updated, the stats page that the plugin uses might not have been. Any delay in getting the player's tag will of course cause tag-based exclusions to fail.

Keep an eye on it and let me know what you find.

EDIT: what's your average stats fetch time? Assuming you are not using Battlelog Cache, it shows up in plugin.log as:

Code:

Thread(fetcher):  TIME took 1.32 secs, url: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/-MGX-2strong4u