Language Enforcer [1.0.3.0] (Apr 11.)

ImportBot

Originally Posted by PacmanTRT*:

Hello Procon-Forum!

I want to present my LanguageEnforcer plugin to you. It is written for best performance and only uses 62KB on the harddisk.

Background Information

The idea for the plugin comes from ...*. Since he was offline for over a year from today and I had a different architectural concept in mind I wrote the plugin from scratch with some of the more basic code "borrowed" from the ProconRulz Plugin (e.g. Logging, Say, Kill, Kick, ...). It was written to maintain peace of mind as a Funclan server admin in the first place and now I want to share my efforts with the community.

What does it do?

Basically the plugin aims to prevent swearing orgies. It warns Players for bad language and will take further measures when they continue to swear. Since we don't want to punish players for things they have said weeks ago the plugin has a cooldown mechanism. The measures are freely configurable and can contain the following: Warn, Kill, Kick, TBan, PermBan. There are different options for each of them.

Since no wordlist can ever be perfect I included commands for manually punishing players and for resetting a player's history.

How can I get it?

No payment is required for the full version and for any following update. Since 14th July 2014 the plugin contains a "Donate"-Button at the end of the plugin description, which is to be used completely voluntarily. I certainly will not feel obligated to fulfill requests just based on donations.

Current Version is 1.0.3.0

The newest release version can always be downloaded here: >>> Release.zip

To install just copy "LanguageEnforcer.cs" to the Plugins/BF4 directory. You can also copy the 2 wordlists there to have them loaded after a fresh install or after you enable the plugin.

If you're dealing with racism you can have a look at ...* which contains a well tested regex to recognize variations of the most common racist word.

This was tested with BF4.

Should work flawlessly with any other game. It has been reported to work with BF3 and BF Hardline.

Detailed feature list - Blue ones are already covered by Soarda

• 2 Wordlists with wordlist sections (1 simple and 1 with regular expressions)
  • AdKats support (Get admins from Adkats and AdKats punish or Ban/Kick/Kill via AdKats)
  • Possibility to trigger Procon console commands
  • 2 modes for Whitelisting ( do nothing / warn only )
  • Freely configurable sequence of actions (e.g. warn can follow kick)
  • Freely configurable messages for every single step (with placeholder and globalization functionality)
  • Configurable cooldown (similar to the Watchdog)
  • Commands for manual punishing, reprieving, reading and modifying a player's counter
  • Wait for spawn to kill if the swearing player is dead (can be disabled)
  • Loads and saves badwords from/to file (if possible)
  • Is able to persist counters for each player in a file (if possible)
  • Additional commands If needed: !admin, !rules, !help
  • Customizable messages
The way of finding a Badword itself should be ~35-40% faster than the way the Watchdog uses (according to my test cases). Since some of my improvements can easily be applied to most plugins and especially the Watchdog, I posted a List of them ...*.

How to configure messages

Following placeholders work in ANY configurable message:

Following placeholders work in ANY configurable message:

%player%

name of the player

%time%

TBan minutes or Yell seconds

%count%

current language counter for the player

%cooldown%

The cooldown setting

%quote%

The exact thing that was written by the player

{any text}

Text between curly brackets will only be shown if the next measure is different from the current one (e.g. warn is not kill). This is only done for measure related messages. It just will be removed anywhere else.

{{countrycode}}

Must stand in front of a message. For instance a message starting with {{at,ch}} will only be visible for players from Austria and Switzerland. Explained here

{{-countrycode}}

Must stand in front of a message. For instance a message starting with {{-at,ch}} will NOT be visible for players from Austria and Switzerland, but to all others.

Please note, that curly brackets cannot be used for messages in procon anyways.

How to configure commands

This plugin allows to define custom commands to interface with other plugins for instance.

Each measure and each section has a command setting where you can put them. Custom commands work exactly the same as it works in ProconRulz. You can for instance use this to trigger certain functions in AdKats. It also offers the possibility to only execute a command when a certain counter is exceeded.

Attention! This limit is checked BEFORE the counter is increased!

So if you wanted to call another Plugin, but just not the first time the player wrote a badword you can use the following command:

Code:

le.isMinCounter 1 procon.protected.plugins.call SuperAwesomePlugin SuperAwesomeFunction %player%
If you want to trigger it at any time it looks like this:

Code:

procon.protected.plugins.call SuperAwesomePlugin SuperAwesomeFunction %player%
What if I find a BUG?

Feel free to report any bug on my issue tracker.

If you provide code within the Issue Tracker I sure will review it and integrate the code if it really helps.

Developers also can easily create a fork of my source code there to make their own enhancements.

Changelog

1.0.2.0 --> 1.0.3.0

• Added command functionality to all measures.
  • Added le.isMinCounter command prefix.
  • Settings added to ban via PB Guid instead of EA Guid
  • Added %quote% placeholder to be able to log what the player actually said.
  • Messages can now be defined by country (I will refer to that as "localization")
1.0.1.1 --> 1.0.2.0
  • AdKats support (Get admins from Adkats and AdKats punish or Ban/Kick/Kill via AdKats)
  • Measure overrides can now decide not to use AdKats punish and use e.g. AdKats ban instead.
  • New Measure: Custom, which executes a Command on the Procon Commandline. (Code stolen from ProconRulz :ohmy:)
  • New Measure: Show Rules
  • All in-game messages can now be more than one line.
  • Made PayPal Donate button smaller and moved it to the top
1.0.1.0 --> 1.0.1.1
  • Fixed Bug where measure overrides were not saved
  • Fixed Bug to ignore character casing of commands.
  • Made PayPal Donate button work properly
1.0.0.0 --> 1.0.1.0
  • Fixed Bug on July 16th to prevent the server from warning itself for Language
  • Introduced Wordlist sections with section overrides.
  • Changed Details tab design to match this post
0.9.8.4 --> 1.0.0.0
  • Fixed Bug on April 20th where the plugin didn't show settings due to non-present wordlist TXTs.
  • Fixed Bug where regex completely messed up due to encoding (Thanks, PapaCharlie9, for your help!)
  • Successive countermeasures completely rewritten as a bunch of settings (adaptive to what is selected) to allow individual messages and tban/yell time settings
  • Added message placeholder functionality
  • Added option to write the counters to a file to load after layer restart (done when the server is empty, with option to write after every punish)
  • Added separate cooldown for admin-users
  • Regex Lines may now be empty or contain only a comment
  • Added in-game command for reading/writing a player's counter
  • Added configurable update-checks
  • Moved Commands to the top of the settings for faster access
  • Now puts the matched word into the logfile
  • Added timestamps to the logfile
  • Added special thanks section to the plugin description.
  • Licence: Now using LGPL v3 instead of no licence
0.9.8.2 --> 0.9.8.4
  • Fixed Bug where settings didn't save at all
0.9.8.0 --> 0.9.8.2
  • Fixed Bug where the "4 - Messages" settings were overwritten
  • Fixed Bug where !rules could be triggered if ext. functions were disabled
  • Message settings for ext. functions now disappear if ext. functions are disabled
  • Added warning if the wordlist contains unnecessary entries
  • Added option to ignore the Squad Chat
0.9.7.2 --> 0.9.8.0
  • Fixed Bug: Now allows empty wordlists
  • Removed all occurences of "BF4" in the code to support all Procon supported games
  • Commands can now be triggered via ! @ # / instead of ! only
  • Most messages can now be customized
  • Cooldown now allows steps of 0.01 per day
  • Settings categorized
  • Setting "kick admins" replaced by "warn whitelisted"
  • Punish/Reset via settings trims off whitespaces
  • Performance improvement by not registering to all events

Have fun! :ohmy:

Edited by maxdralle
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

The BF4 tag got lost in the post move. @Pacman, you can re-add it by editing post #1 in Advanced Mode. Is there any reason exclude BF3? Has it not been tested on BF3?

The core features should work with BF3, but it will at least try to read/write to the BF4 plugins folder (logging + badword lists). You can fix that by searching for "BF4" in the code.

Since I have no possibility of testing it with BF3, I do not officially support it.

It does have Settings for the Wordlists. "Badwords" and "Regex Badwords".

It just does not have 6 of each.

I know the settings could be better organized than just this bunch of settings, but this is the very first release and it was OK for my own needs. I already set up an item in my issue tracker for categorizing the settings.

Originally Posted by Slayer*:

It does have Settings for the Wordlists. "Badwords" and "Regex Badwords".

It just does not have 6 of each.

I know the settings could be better organized than just this bunch of settings, but this is the very first release and it was OK for my own needs. I already set up an item in my issue tracker for categorizing the settings.

Yeah no drama I know it's new and all good things take time, I also must not have read it right in the first post or was mixing up thoughts with watchdog which works across BF3/BF4, the best thing that would fix watchdog and yours in the future would be separate timers for each word list when you get it to that stage, for normal swearing a timed ban then for say racist swearing a separate ban time you can set separate to the rest and longer.

As great as watchdog is the same timed ban across the board is limiting but still a great plugin to say the least.

Good luck with yours in the future, I'll be watching. :ohmy:

My plugin might work with BF3. I just don't have a BF3 server to test that yet.

I'll add the "really bad words" thing as a feature request.

Just to get it right: Would it be OK for you if you have a second set of Lists and settings named "minimum measure" and "minimum tban minutes" for the second set? Maybe I could also use that if he posts a configurable number of "normal badwords" (but that primarily would be a source of bugs).

Originally Posted by Slayer*:

My plugin might work with BF3. I just don't have a BF3 server to test that yet.

I'll add the "really bad words" thing as a feature request.

Just to get it right: Would it be OK for you if you have a second set of Lists and settings named "minimum measure" and "minimum tban minutes" for the second set? Maybe I could also use that if he posts a configurable number of "normal badwords" (but that primarily would be a source of bugs).

I'll try and find some time to test it as it sits on BF3 with one of my word lists.

In BF3/4 I run three word lists which all have the same TBan time, normal language, racist language & regex string lines for admin abuse.

I can see how things could get heavy with all the extra scripting and all and I wouldn't even know how to do what you lot do it boggles my mind.

So you would know the best way to do your own plugin, with how you want it to be.

Your idea sounds ok having the 2 timers for each of the 2 lists.

If I get you right you want me to basically modify a players message.

I am not exactly happy with censorship. I want to prevent swearing orgies to maintain a clean ingame chat.

Besides that and as far as I know that's not possible to implement.

If you find a way to do that, I will implement it and honor you in the description.

There was a plugin that was censorship in BC2. I do not remember the name.

I can't find anything about that in this forum. Even Google doesn't deliver results.

As said: This most likely is not possible to implement!

Originally Posted by eisvogel*:

[18:08:27] oOsillywalksOo warned for Language. Next time: Kill

[18:08:27] (PlayerYell oOsillywalksOo) Watch your language!

[18:09:31] oOsillywalksOo > why do i get a warning for using/requesting orders?

we tested the plugin 1 week with no problems, but today players were warned/kicked because they used the commorose ..... :huh:

Did you modify the wordlist? Maybe the regex list is broken in some way?

I'll definitely investigate that right now!

EDIT: I could reproduce a false positive with an empty wordlist. But I get warned for everything in that case :-/

The message my plugin recieves in the said case is "ID_CHAT_REQUEST_ORDER". Maybe that helps you...

Otherwise I cannot reproduce this behaviour with the wordlist I put online.

EDIT: I could reproduce a false positive with an empty wordlist. But I get warned for everything in that case :-/

The message my plugin recieves in the said case is "ID_CHAT_REQUEST_ORDER". Maybe that helps you...

was my fault, i forgot to install the regex list :sad:

now with wordlist & regex list no more problems :biggrin:

Thanks

Thanks for your bugreport.

The bugfix for empty wordlists will be released via the next version.

Until then you can for instance just put a normal badword in the regex list as it is.

This should be an appropriate workaround.

Before you ask: I have 3 items in my issue tracker and I want at least 2 of them implemented before the next release. It may happen that I can accomplish that in this weekend.

Originally Posted by Blackis*:

I tryed to modify the badwords.txt by deleting one word. After that everyone get warned for everything. Copied/pasted the original badwords.txt back to plugins/BF4. It did not help so i had to do a clean install. Everything works fine as long you dont try do modify the badwords.txt.

* Layer Server @ home 24/7 (Win7 64 Updated)

* BF4 Language Enforcer [0.9.7.2]

* Procon Frostbite Version 1.4.2.3

The Enforcer does not recognize that you modified the wordlist via the TXT file by itself. (But it might be a handy feature and I'll try if I can implement that)

It only loads the files when the plugin is loaded (not when it's enabled). The files were intended to be a workaround (our server breaks the regex list by dropping characters like +*/ and more) and as a handy feature for when you did a fresh install.

Please PM me about what you did after modifying the List. THANKS!

EDIT: Might be the cause: You can not edit String-Lists in Procon Plugins without using the [...] button. The display values will reload from the plugin when you change a Yes/No setting for instance.

explanation for the problem yesterday - to your info :

edited the word list by using the [...] button

delete: fuck shit kack spacken dreck damn

added: arschloch depp heil hh heyl he!l

and forgot to add the regex list by using the [...] button :ohmy:

FYI: "arschloch" is unnecessary since "arsch" will also match that.

Keep you Wordlist clean! :ohmy:

EDIT: I just saw "hh"... that will also match "hitchhiker"!

use Regex "\bhh\b" to avoid that!!!

You can have a look at the if you want to understand/use them. You can use NotePad++ to try them out.

EDIT2: "heil" (= hail) will also match "heilung" (= healing) --> Regex "\bheil\b"

I don't understand the question.

But if you wanted to ask if there is an option to ignore the squad chat:

No. Not in the Version 0.9.8.0.

That feature will definitely come with the next release. I am currently testing the feature on my servers.

There currently are 1-2 more features in line before the next release may happen.

Besides that: There are now ~50 Servers running my LanguageEnforcer (according to the procon usage reports). It would be really nice if at least some of you could PM/post a bit of feedback. What features would you like to see? What is good? What is annoying? Does someone use it outside of BF4?

Originally Posted by IAF-SDS*:

Hello PacmanTRT.

I have feedback and recommendations for you as you requested. I thoroughly tested this plugin tonight in BF4 and my immediate impression was that it is awesome. But it has some issues that need to be fixed before I can use it.

Issues/Fixes

The first issue is that whenever ProCon is shut down and restarted, the settings in your Language Enforcer revert back to default. This includes all messages in section 4 - Messages, as well as the successive countermeasures and even all of section 5 - Extended Functions. Basically everything I had changed reverted back to default on restart (I tested this twice).

The next issue I encountered was trying to disable all extended functions. While it's nice to have those extended functions for people who want to use them, I already have other plugins that handle those functions and commands. When Enable Extended Functions is set to NO, they are all disabled properly except the rules command. !rules and @rules still trigger a response even when disabled.

Recommendations

1) It would be great to add all of the messages given by this plugin to section 4 - Messages, including the warn, kill, temp ban, and ban messages. Normally, if I wanted to change some messages, I would do it in the plugin itself, but if you're looking for enhancement ideas, this would definitely be convenient to let us personalize the messages to our needs in the section 4 settings. Also, the yell messages should have a setting to let us control how many seconds it yells.

2) The warn message should also have a separate private yell to clearly warn him because the chat warning can scroll up real fast sometimes or he can just have his chat off, causing him to miss the warning completely.

3) The TEMP BAN and BAN messages/reasons should be updated to include the player's name and to clarify the length of temporary ban versus a perma ban like this:

PlayerName TEMP BAN X MINUTES for Language Violations

PlayerName BAN for Repetitive Language Violations

Right now, both the Temporary Ban and the Permanent Ban show up with the identical reason to the player (a temp ban looks like a perma ban to the player):

Game disconnected: you have been banned from this server. Stated reason: Language.

If you add all messages including the temp ban and ban messages to section 4 per 1) above, then 3) will be taken care of there.

@guapoloko: I'm sorry. I thought I made clear that I don't know how to do that. If that changes it will be implemented.

@IAF SDS: Wow! Thats a very professional and useful feedback!

Bugs: will fix them asap.

Features:

• Almost forgot that I wanted to implement that, thanks!
  • I assume you want an option besides "Player Yell ater step" that is triggered on EVERY warn if configured? Might come in handy, but I don't know if I got you right.
  • On my servers I never came to a Lang-Ban (except a ban for myself/testing) so I didn't really think about that. That will definitely be part of the next release!

THANKS to you both!

@guapoloko: I'm sorry. I thought I made clear that I don't know how to do that. If that changes it will be implemented.

@IAF SDS: Wow! Thats a very professional and useful feedback!

Bugs: will fix them asap.

Features:

• Almost forgot that I wanted to implement that, thanks!
  • I assume you want an option besides "Player Yell ater step" that is triggered on EVERY warn if configured? Might come in handy, but I don't know if I got you right.
  • On my servers I never came to a Lang-Ban (except a ban for myself/testing) so I didn't really think about that. That will definitely be part of the next release!

THANKS to you both!

"Player Yell message" (the last option in section 4) should be kept separate because that yell shows up on the second and subsequent violations, regardless of how you set the successive countermeasures settings above. So for example, if you set the countermeasures to warn, warn, kill, kick, tban, it will send the "Player Yell message" to all of them except the first warn.

This new YELL option will be triggered only on the first countermeasure. The other existing yell works on all other countermeasures already.

Perhaps set up section 4 like this if you like:

(one sec let me lay out my idea for you to see if you like it)

EDIT: I reconfigured the messages in my post below, which will better handle this missing yell. Please disregard the above and see my post below.

Ah! I see...

I will try to make a separate message for every step and add some option like "same as predecessor"

EDIT: I could configure the reason statement there aswell. This way you could put things like "this is your last warning" or "you were kicked for language... again..."

Here's the follow up to my reply above. I went back and confirmed all of the messages you are giving now and I incorporated them into the new suggested messages.

Instead of creating a new second yell to be sent only on the first violation, you could just lay it out the way I show below if you like it. This way, if the first or any subsequent countermeasures have a warn or a kill, the yell would be sent. That would solve the issue of the missing yell on the first countermeasure.

4 - Messages for Countermeasures

WARN - Public CHAT message: PlayerName warned for Language Violation. Next time: Kill

WARN - Private CHAT message: PlayerName: Type "!langinfo" for more information.

WARN - Private YELL message: Watch your language!

WARN - Private YELL message seconds: 20

KILL - Public CHAT message: PlayerName killed for Language Violation. Next time: Kick

KILL - Private CHAT message: PlayerName: You risk being REMOVED if you continue using this type of lanuage!

KILL - Private YELL message: You will be PUNISHED or REMOVED if you continue using this language!

KILL - Private YELL message seconds: 30

KICK reason: PlayerName KICKED for Language Violations (Next time: TBan)

TEMP BAN reason: PlayerName TEMP BAN X MINUTES for Language Violations (Next time: Ban)

TEMP BAN length (minutes): 60

BAN reason: PlayerName BAN for Repetitive Language Violations