Advanced In-Game Admin and Ban Enforcer - AdKats

Message added by Prophet731,

If you've been banned from a server then you will need to appeal the ban with the owners/community of that server. We do not control any bans done on servers that utilize AdKats as all bans are local to that server.

Originally Posted by dyn*:

I could foresee that we might get gamers who are willing to go through extra steps to play with a high ping, but my take is that if they want to go through with that effort just to play on our server -- go for it.

Just searched the database and over the past 7 days we have 1932 kicks for missing ping.... 276 a day and I just disabled missing ping kick halfway though the day. While I can't say for certain what percentage of kicks have been issued wrongly, I can say that seeing 276 kicks a day, and the number of messages we've received about this is too high to keep the 'ping missing' kick enable.. Kicking someone too many times for a wrong reason or a reason that doesn't make sense to them is a terrible way for a guest to get to know the community behind the server. Having their first post be "I'm getting kicked but my ping was on the scoreboard... why_" is not a good way to introduce yourself to new guys. Even making them goto your site just to be whitelisted is a routine that they should not have to accomplish.

A few other ways to try and limit incorrect kicks:

• Disable based on region (as explained in post above).
  • Disable based on clan tags. Being able to whitelist a clan tag would ensure that members, without having to be added individually, would be auto whitelisted.
  • Usually the only time someone complains about ping is when the player is doing well. What about a check to see how well the player is doing? If the player is in the top X% of the scoreboard, and ping is missing, a kick should be issued. Yes, they could just reconnect but as they start to do good again they would be kicked again.
  • A combination of all the above with flags that are admin-selectable.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Administrators

Originally Posted by Prophet731*:

I could foresee that we might get gamers who are willing to go through extra steps to play with a high ping, but my take is that if they want to go through with that effort just to play on our server -- go for it.

Just searched the database and over the past 7 days we have 1932 kicks for missing ping.... 276 a day and I just disabled missing ping kick halfway though the day. While I can't say for certain what percentage of kicks have been issued wrongly, I can say that seeing 276 kicks a day, and the number of messages we've received about this is too high to keep the 'ping missing' kick enable.. Kicking someone too many times for a wrong reason or a reason that doesn't make sense to them is a terrible way for a guest to get to know the community behind the server. Having their first post be "I'm getting kicked but my ping was on the scoreboard... why_" is not a good way to introduce yourself to new guys. Even making them goto your site just to be whitelisted is a routine that they should not have to accomplish.

A few other ways to try and limit incorrect kicks:

• Disable based on region (as explained in post above).
  • Disable based on clan tags. Being able to whitelist a clan tag would ensure that members, without having to be added individually, would be auto whitelisted.
  • Usually the only time someone complains about ping is when the player is doing well. What about a check to see how well the player is doing? If the player is in the top X% of the scoreboard, and ping is missing, a kick should be issued. Yes, they could just reconnect but as they start to do good again they would be kicked again.
  • A combination of all the above with flags that are admin-selectable.
Im curious, does their ping actually show up in the server? If not is your firewall blocking ICMP requests on the outbound connection? If you are blocking ICMP requests on the outbound connection then that would explain the high amount of ping kicks. AdKats gets a timeout error and so it sees it as it can't ping the player.

The developer of the Battlefield Admin Control Panel (BFACP)

For BFACP support please post in the BFACP topic linked above.

Do not contact me via PM on the forums for help with procon. Please make a topic for it. Only PM's I will accept will revolve around any website issues.

spacer.png

Originally Posted by dyn*:

For the individuals who have reported being kicked for missing ping, I can safely say that their ping is usually displayed. Whether or not ping was visible on the scoreboard in game for that particular kick, that is not clear.

ICMP inbound to the server which hosts the procon layer is most certainly blocked. As for testing outbound I did a quick ping google.com, which did work. Then I went into the Windows firewall, which is active on the machine hosting procon, went to outbound rules and then to 'file and printer sharing (echo request - icmpv4-out)'.

It looks like it was set to block ICMP. However, I do believe that Windows firewall is set to totally allow all communication from / to procon (all services that are running). I have now allowed ICMPv4 out.

Not totally sure how Windows firewall works in this fashion -- if it's enabled at the program level, I would think that it would be enabled across the board. Not sure.

Does this make any sense?

• Administrators

For the individuals who have reported being kicked for missing ping, I can safely say that their ping is usually displayed. Whether or not ping was visible on the scoreboard in game for that particular kick, that is not clear.

ICMP inbound to the server which hosts the procon layer is most certainly blocked. As for testing outbound I did a quick ping google.com, which did work. Then I went into the Windows firewall, which is active on the machine hosting procon, went to outbound rules and then to 'file and printer sharing (echo request - icmpv4-out)'.

It looks like it was set to block ICMP. However, I do believe that Windows firewall is set to totally allow all communication from / to procon (all services that are running). I have now allowed ICMPv4 out.

Not totally sure how Windows firewall works in this fashion -- if it's enabled at the program level, I would think that it would be enabled across the board. Not sure.

Does this make any sense?

One way to check is to actually ping the players IP address. You should have the players that were kicked for it so you can grab a couple of those players ip addresses and manually ping those and see if a response comes back.

Do not contact me via PM on the forums for help with procon. Please make a topic for it. Only PM's I will accept will revolve around any website issues.

spacer.png

• Plugin Developer

Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner*:

I sent you now a link on PM that includes the plugin log filtered to show these messages only, throughout the day, over 1000 lines now, and still counting...

p.s. Debug level 3

Adkats 6.0.0.0

I'll look into this, thanks for the logs, although this appears to be isolated to your instance only. What happens if you don't bypass the SpamBot minimum duration and set it to 60 seconds after performing a layer reboot?
  • Plugin Developer

Feature Suggestion:

Whitelist Missing Ping kicks by country.

We are seeing more kicks for missing ping than what we'd like to see. It's to the point where we have disabled the kick for missing pings feature to ensure that our members / regulars are not kicked. There are many examples where Missing Ping kicks are being applied to individuals that have a visible ping. I am aware that this is a known issue. To potentially alleviate and reduce the frequency of kicks, it would be great to be able to whitelist an entire country so that if the player is from a listed country they will NOT be kicked for missing ping.

Example: Players from the USA would not be checked for missing ping. If a player from the USA was found to have a missing ping, no action would be taken. If they have a high ping actions would be taken.

Thanks for your consideration.

I will try one thing first, a minimum duration before kicking for missing ping. Right now missing ping is instant kick, it doesn't use the average duration setting to handle it. Perhaps players will not have the missing ping issue if we wait for a little more time after they connect to the server. If that works, there will be no need for another setting section.

Originally Posted by DarkZerO_AT*:

got this error about 3 times on our main server today

[AdKats] EXCEPTION: Line Unknown-6047: [FetchPlayerBans][Error while fetching player ban.]: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at PRoConEvents.AdKats.FetchPlayerBans(AdKatsPlayer player)

EDIT:

also our leader discovered this

bfadmincp_error.png

this happened for all 4 users with the same date

CzeXman, BrokoliLP, jojomafieux (hidden by popup) and BAPHAK66

it shows up in the recent bans but the users do not have a ban in their profile

i enabled the populator perks for reserved slots

so i guess its cause of that? link to our webadmin

• Plugin Developer

Answering here, and in the ProconRulz thread.

Both InsaneLimits and ProconRulz can use AdKats commands. There is a basic method, and an advanced method. Currently only the basic method is possible from ProconRulz, IL can use the more advanced one. For the basic method you basically fake an admin command using a hidden admin say.

Firstly, enable 'Allow Commands from Admin Say', in setting section 5.

Posted Image

Secondly, make ProconRulz issue a hidden admin say with the command:

;Say /punish %p% reasons

AdKats will accept and issue the command with full access rights, and the issuing admin name will be "ProconAdmin".

• Plugin Developer

got this error about 3 times on our main server today

EDIT:

also our leader discovered this

bfadmincp_error.png

this happened for all 4 users with the same date

CzeXman, BrokoliLP, jojomafieux (hidden by popup) and BAPHAK66

it shows up in the recent bans but the users do not have a ban in their profile

i enabled the populator perks for reserved slots

so i guess its cause of that? link to our webadmin

I'll look into the first error. I'm not sure about that second one, perhaps a rendering problem with the webadmin.

Originally Posted by iraqiboy90*:

I'll look into this, thanks for the logs, although this appears to be isolated to your instance only. What happens if you don't bypass the SpamBot minimum duration and set it to 60 seconds after performing a layer reboot?

I dont see or feel any negative effect of that error message, that's why I was asking for "what is this".

Originally Posted by DarkZerO_AT*:

oups i think i just broke something :o

[AdKats] EXCEPTION: Line Unknown-6050: [uploadInnerRecord][unexpected error uploading Record.]: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`ni38292_5sql12`.`adkats_records_debug`, CONSTRAINT `adkats_records_debug_fk_server_id` FOREIGN KEY (`server_id`) REFERENCES `tbl_server` (`ServerID`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE)

bei PRoConEvents.AdKats.SafeExecuteNonQuery(MySqlComma nd command)

bei PRoConEvents.AdKats.UploadInnerRecord(AdKatsRecord record)

wanted to add a new server to adkats etc

but it had the same server ID as a old server we had a while ago, so i deleted that row in tbl_server and added a new one with the correct values

but maybe i just shouldve changed the IP

how can i get rid of that error now?

EDIT: strangely it fixed itself, no more error message and everything working flawlessly :biggrin:

• Administrators

I'll look into the first error. I'm not sure about that second one, perhaps a rendering problem with the webadmin.

When I pull the bans im looking for command ids of 7,8,72,73. So perhaps his commands tables are messed up and are set differently with respect to the actual command?

spacer.png

Originally Posted by naurel*:

Hi ! I've a question about ban settings, I've disable the ban Enforcer because admins wanted to have ban list in Procon. Sadly when I ban someone ingame it's choosing the EA_GUID and I would like it to ban with the name (to have it in the list) and the PB_GUID instead. Is it possible ?

• Plugin Developer

oups i think i just broke something :o

wanted to add a new server to adkats etc

but it had the same server ID as a old server we had a while ago, so i deleted that row in tbl_server and added a new one with the correct values

but maybe i just shouldve changed the IP

how can i get rid of that error now?

EDIT: strangely it fixed itself, no more error message and everything working flawlessly :biggrin:

Modifying the tbl_server table is not advised unless you know exactly what you are doing.
  • Plugin Developer

Hi ! I've a question about ban settings, I've disable the ban Enforcer because admins wanted to have ban list in Procon. Sadly when I ban someone ingame it's choosing the EA_GUID and I would like it to ban with the name (to have it in the list) and the PB_GUID instead. Is it possible ?

With ban enforcer enabled they do have a ban list in procon, by name search, it's setting section B13-3. There is no option to use PBGUID. Also, if you use setting lock, all other setting sections get hidden beside that one, making it easier to find/use.

Originally Posted by CEBEP78*:

Hello.

Say please, on BF3 autonuke works?

I can not understand with tecket, prompt me please what values, proposing is necessary, that at the loss of 80 ticket at the complete capture of all flags, began to kill the strong command of autonuke, on a server only 1400 ticket, map of Metro.

Originally Posted by iraqiboy90*:

I dont see or feel any negative effect of that error message, that's why I was asking for "what is this".
Didnt edit it back to default, as it's obvious it couldnt be the issue.

Today, the entire day, this error message didnt show up...

• Plugin Developer

Hello.

Say please, on BF3 autonuke works?

I can not understand with tecket, prompt me please what values, proposing is necessary, that at the loss of 80 ticket at the complete capture of all flags, began to kill the strong command of autonuke, on a server only 1400 ticket, map of Metro.

Don't use the optimal values for BF3, they have been only tested on BF4.

Enable display of ticket loss rates in setting section A12. Watch those values during a baserape, and use them to set the windows for losing/winning team for auto-nuke.

Originally Posted by TheMrApostel*:

Enable display of ticket loss rates in setting section A12. Watch those values during a baserape, and use them to set the windows for losing/winning team for auto-nuke.

Which of the displayed values are used in section B25?

For Example:

[17:52:49] AdKats > US Rate: -19,67 (-0,68) t/m | RU Rate: -8,76 (0) t/m

• Plugin Developer

Which of the displayed values are used in section B25?

For Example:

[17:52:49] AdKats > US Rate: -19,67 (-0,68) t/m | RU Rate: -8,76 (0) t/m

For using it in conquest/domination modes always enable using adjusted ticket loss rates, which are the ones (in parenthesis). The ones outside are the raw ticket loss values.

Y8DO8yz.png

You would not could to explain parameters to the item by item, in description did not find, what these parameters answer for. Sorry for an anxiety

Originally Posted by CaptCourage*:

Having trouble adding a user in Adkats. Everytime I go to type a name to add procon freezes and I need to close the process.

Here is the error

ERROR: User id had invalid formatting, please try again.

?

edit

I have tried both upper and lower case

• Plugin Developer

Having trouble adding a user in Adkats. Everytime I go to type a name to add procon freezes and I need to close the process.

Here is the error

ERROR: User id had invalid formatting, please try again.

?

edit

I have tried both upper and lower case

That freeze problem is strange. However, user names need to have the same formatting as a soldier name in battefield.

Battlefield soldier names cannot be empty, max length 16 characters, and only contain alphanumerics, hyphens, and underscores. What user name are you trying to add?

Hi ColColonCleaner

Prompt me in what my error, I write

.fban kungen 1200 pls record video 3 rd person.

.tban kungen 200m pls record video 3 rd person.

.tban kungen 200 pls record video 3rd person.

And I am told : by Invalid time given, unable to submit.

That for me not so ?

Originally Posted by TheMrApostel*:

Hi ColColonCleaner

That for me not so ?

Try [command] [duration] [playername] [reason]

For example:

/tban 1000 TheMrApostel pls record video 3rd person.

• Plugin Developer

Hi ColColonCleaner

That for me not so ?

It's all in the docs.

https://github.com/AdKats/AdKats#commands

Posted Image