Advanced In-Game Admin and Ban Enforcer - AdKats

Message added by Prophet731,

If you've been banned from a server then you will need to appeal the ban with the owners/community of that server. We do not control any bans done on servers that utilize AdKats as all bans are local to that server.

• Plugin Developer

Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner*:

Great to hear! Right now it does not appear to be working as intended. In addition to not adding players to the list, players who are not on TS are being tracked as a TS player. The list seems to be continually changing. Using 6.6.0.6 currently.

There were some player listing changes in later versions, run the latest test version and let me know if those clear up.

Originally Posted by dyn*:

There were some player listing changes in later versions, run the latest test version and let me know if those clear up.

Still seeing a weird behavior on 6.6.7.1. The players on TS are being added, in addition to several players who are not on TS. If you add up all of the players in the debug and then also add in the lines where multiple players match a client, we get the total number of users who are shown in the TeamSpeak player list.

Example:

Code:

[20:43:42 22] [AdKats] INFO: TSClient: <Player 1 TS Name> | <ip 1 ip address> | 4 online players match client.
[20:43:42 23] [AdKats] INFO: TSClient: <Player 2 TS Name>| <player 2 ip address> | 5 online players match client.
These individuals above are matching a total of 9 clients. I'm assuming that all 9 of these clients have been added to the roles just not sure why.

Hopefully this debug helps narrow down what could be at play here?

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Plugin Developer

Still seeing a weird behavior on 6.6.7.1. The players on TS are being added, in addition to several players who are not on TS. If you add up all of the players in the debug and then also add in the lines where multiple players match a client, we get the total number of users who are shown in the TeamSpeak player list.

Example:

Code:

[20:43:42 22] [AdKats] INFO: TSClient: <Player 1 TS Name> | <ip 1 ip address> | 4 online players match client.
[20:43:42 23] [AdKats] INFO: TSClient: <Player 2 TS Name>| <player 2 ip address> | 5 online players match client.
These individuals above are matching a total of 9 clients. I'm assuming that all 9 of these clients have been added to the roles just not sure why.

Hopefully this debug helps narrow down what could be at play here?

Oh, that's probably the name match.

Try 6.6.7.4

Originally Posted by dyn*:

Double posting to update:

Seems that 6.6.7.4 IS working as intended. Tested on 2 servers and only the players that should be listed, are!

Thank you, again, for the solution.

Originally Posted by dzieju*:

•'Feed Server Spectator List' - When enabled, the servers spectator list will include all AdKats user's soldiers.

Hello

This options not working ... Admins and other soldiers from Adkats is not listed in spectator list and if i add manualy is dissaper .

I have enabled Add to Spectators List in options .

Help me how to set this correct .

• Plugin Developer

•'Feed Server Spectator List' - When enabled, the servers spectator list will include all AdKats user's soldiers.

Hello

This options not working ... Admins and other soldiers from Adkats is not listed in spectator list and if i add manualy is dissaper .

I have enabled Add to Spectators List in options .

Help me how to set this correct .

Battlefield 4/HL have a maximum spectator whitelist size of 15. You can't add more users to the spectator whitelist than that.

Originally Posted by dzieju*:

Battlefield 4/HL have a maximum spectator whitelist size of 15. You can't add more users to the spectator whitelist than that.

Thx for fast respond .

But list of spectator is empty there is no player :/ i dont know why ...

• Plugin Developer

Thx for fast respond .

But list of spectator is empty there is no player :/ i dont know why ...

Orchestration in AdKats for reserved slots/spectator slots makes it take complete control of that list.

If you want all admins to have an automatic slot, enable 'Automatic Spectator Slot for Admins'.

If you want people of a certain role to have spectator slots, enabled that group for their role in section 4-2.

If you want to add/remove spectator slots for specific players, you can use the /spectator and /unspectator commands. You can view all group commands in the docs: https://github.com/AdKats/AdKats#commands

Originally Posted by madman72*:

Is there a command to show who is on teamspeak in the monitored channel, so I can display that with the spambot?

Oh and am I correct to say, that this addon is only adding players to reserved slot, when they are actually in the gameserver. When they disconnect, the reserved slot disappears. So the addon is reading from the live-serverpopulation and not from database?

This means the reserved slot option is never working on connect. Only works when the player disconnects and reconnects within the 30 seconds that the addon takes to update?

• Plugin Developer

Is there a command to show who is on teamspeak in the monitored channel, so I can display that with the spambot?

Oh and am I correct to say, that this addon is only adding players to reserved slot, when they are actually in the gameserver. When they disconnect, the reserved slot disappears. So the addon is reading from the live-serverpopulation and not from database?

This means the reserved slot option is never working on connect. Only works when the player disconnects and reconnects within the 30 seconds that the addon takes to update?

There is not a command to see that information at this time.

Yes you are correct to assume that. That setting basically makes it a safety slot, meaning players who are online in teamspeak and online in game will not be kicked for aggressive join reserved slots. That is actually the entire reason the teamspeak feature was added, providing those perks while a player is online in game and online in teamspeak.

I would suggest updating to the latest test version though.

Originally Posted by Subman_9*:

Hello,

I had many issue with ADKats and ADKatsLRT on gameservers.com procon layer. The whole procon layer was very slow, many times I was not able even to logon to procon layer (there were some timeouts). Several times it was totally unresponsive and I had to create tickets, so gamesever support had to "repair it" . I've found a ColColonCleaner suggestion, that branzone is far more stable. It is, indeed ! The ADKats and AdKatsLRT are running now smoothly, the procon layer is not laggy or unresponsive anymore. However there is another problem now. branzone procon layer server is located in US (Chicago). My BF4 server and the mysql are located in EU (Germany, Holland). There's now a huge delay when admin will type some AdKats command, and when it will be enforced (like 10-20 seconds if I will type @fmove Player). Can you please suggest some good European procon layer provider that is suitable for AdKats and AdKatsLRT ?

• Plugin Developer

Hello,

I had many issue with ADKats and ADKatsLRT on gameservers.com procon layer. The whole procon layer was very slow, many times I was not able even to logon to procon layer (there were some timeouts). Several times it was totally unresponsive and I had to create tickets, so gamesever support had to "repair it" . I've found a ColColonCleaner suggestion, that branzone is far more stable. It is, indeed ! The ADKats and AdKatsLRT are running now smoothly, the procon layer is not laggy or unresponsive anymore. However there is another problem now. branzone procon layer server is located in US (Chicago). My BF4 server and the mysql are located in EU (Germany, Holland). There's now a huge delay when admin will type some AdKats command, and when it will be enforced (like 10-20 seconds if I will type @fmove Player). Can you please suggest some good European procon layer provider that is suitable for AdKats and AdKatsLRT ?

We suggest Branzone to anyone we can, they run layers more efficiently and have better admin UI tools for them than any other host we've tried.

We run our EU servers on chicago layers through Branzone too and they run fine, so I'm not sure why you would be seeing that kind of lag. It doesn't sound like a problem with your layer though, moreso with your database. I would suggest looking at your database hoster.

Try this after your layer on the EU server has been running for a while: The 'Debug Level' setting in AdKats has some codes that when entered give back helpful information without actually changing the debug level. 3958 is the code for getting average database read/write durations. Enter that code in the debug level setting on your problem layer and tell me what you see in the console.

Originally Posted by madman72*:

There is not a command to see that information at this time.

Yes you are correct to assume that. That setting basically makes it a safety slot, meaning players who are online in teamspeak and online in game will not be kicked for aggressive join reserved slots. That is actually the entire reason the teamspeak feature was added, providing those perks while a player is online in game and online in teamspeak.

I would suggest updating to the latest test version though.

But it does clean my excisting reserved slots, so that would not be an issue.....

And what do I need to update? I have the latest adkats plugin

• Plugin Developer

But it does clean my excisting reserved slots, so that would not be an issue.....

And what do I need to update? I have the latest adkats plugin

Running the /pupdate command will automatically download and install the latest test version.

Originally Posted by Subman_9*:

Try this after your layer on the EU server has been running for a while: The 'Debug Level' setting in AdKats has some codes that when entered give back helpful information without actually changing the debug level. 3958 is the code for getting average database read/write durations. Enter that code in the debug level setting on your problem layer and tell me what you see in the console.

Here's the result for the branzone procon layer server:

[21:59:25 86] [AdKats] INFO: Avg Read: 0.102571702228 | Avg Write: 0.103652342612

Now the result for my VPS server (4GB RAM, 150GB SSD, 2 CPU cores) with procon layer on mono + local mysql server:

[22:18:43 45] [AdKats] INFO: Avg Read: 0.000596845948827293 | Avg Write: 0.00200550681818182

Don't know what does it means exactly, but there's a huge difference. Also I see that AdKats on mono starts almost immediately, since the "player loaded" lasts for like 0.02s:

[22:15:01 42] [AdKats] 63/65 players loaded. 0.02s per player.

[22:15:01 44] [AdKats] 64/65 players loaded. 0.02s per player.

[22:15:01 47] [AdKats] 65/65 players loaded. 0.02s per player

On gameservers.com (same mysql database):

[00:52:44] [AdKats] 10/45 players loaded. 0.38s per player.

[00:52:44] [AdKats] 11/45 players loaded. 0.38s per player.

[00:52:45] [AdKats] 12/45 players loaded. 0.38s per player.

On branzone (with the same mysql server):

[22:22:15 95] [AdKats] 10/65 players loaded. 4.53s per player.

[22:22:20 40] [AdKats] 11/65 players loaded. 4.52s per player.

[22:22:24 86] [AdKats] 12/65 players loaded. 4.52s per player.

AdKats is starting on branzone after over 5 minutes, while on mono it starts almost immediately.

The mysql is a standard innodb database. Load Average on VPS server is very low (0.13), the mysqld CPU usage is low as well (like 1%). I did not changed any my.cnf settings.

Originally Posted by SmackDown*:

We suggest Branzone to anyone we can, they run layers more efficiently and have better admin UI tools for them than any other host we've tried.

We run our EU servers on chicago layers through Branzone too and they run fine, so I'm not sure why you would be seeing that kind of lag. It doesn't sound like a problem with your layer though, moreso with your database. I would suggest looking at your database hoster.

ColColonClean,

Do you keep your database with Branzone as well?

• Administrators

Originally Posted by Prophet731*:

ColColonClean,

No, we have a dedicated VPS just for databases.

The developer of the Battlefield Admin Control Panel (BFACP)

For BFACP support please post in the BFACP topic linked above.

Do not contact me via PM on the forums for help with procon. Please make a topic for it. Only PM's I will accept will revolve around any website issues.

spacer.png

• Plugin Developer

ColColonClean,

No we don't, as prophet said. However i think subman's issue is his database is still in EU. I think branzone's web service that includes mysql database is like 5-10 per month, so at least trying it out would be a good test, especially considering how good they are otherwise.

I would be interested to know how their db services hold up.

Originally Posted by Mynight*:

Ban on name containing string

Hello, while I understand why it was done I feel I must ask you to reconsider banning an account just because it has "fairfight" within it.

I've been using the name "wasntafairfight" for quite a while now and recently have suffered a spate of bans on my account. Now once I was unbanned the filter was easily circumvented by changing an A to a 4 which obviously defeats it's purpose.

Please reconsider this check. I've grown attached to my name and it feels wrong to use a 4 in there .

Obviously it's been done to catch cheaters which I fully support but checks on a name seem to defeat the object as the people who create these cheats will just change the standard name.

Thank you for reading my whinge.

Thank you for all the hard work!

• Plugin Developer

Ban on name containing string

Hello, while I understand why it was done I feel I must ask you to reconsider banning an account just because it has "fairfight" within it.

I've been using the name "wasntafairfight" for quite a while now and recently have suffered a spate of bans on my account. Now once I was unbanned the filter was easily circumvented by changing an A to a 4 which obviously defeats it's purpose.

Please reconsider this check. I've grown attached to my name and it feels wrong to use a 4 in there .

Obviously it's been done to catch cheaters which I fully support but checks on a name seem to defeat the object as the people who create these cheats will just change the standard name.

Thank you for reading my whinge.

Thank you for all the hard work!

Wait, that code is public? We had a bunch of players coming into our servers with that in their name and hacking, so we added that check as a quick patch. I had no idea it didn't have the flag for our servers only.

It's removed for public activation in 6.6.8.9.

Originally Posted by Mynight*:

Wait, that code is public? We had a bunch of players coming into our servers with that in their name and hacking, so we added that check as a quick patch. I had no idea it didn't have the flag for our servers only.

It's removed for public activation in 6.6.8.9.

if (aPlayer.player_name.ToLower().Contains("*****") || aPlayer.player_name.StartsWith("*** "|| aPlayer.player_name.EndsWith("*****"))

record_message = "Multihack",

Unless it's something different I believe so. I completely understand why just hurts at least one legit player who was trying to be funny with his name :biggrin:.

Sorry for being a pest and sincerely thank you for all the work you've done!

Originally Posted by smogsy*:

question regarding how to do something. :smile:

I want to post the rules in chat to the player when they join. just like first spawn message.

if their was a chat version of this it should work properly.

Currently:

On Join Yell: Welcome Etc

Spambot:

4 messages cycling 2 minutes

Serverstats on Join (from the other logger plugin)

On Join Serverstats

if i put

!rules inside Serverstats, it just says server stats. then !rules

!rules inside welcome yell, it just says !rules

!rules inside spambot Shows the rules correctly but, do not want it every 2 minutes.

Is there a way to do this with your plugin i try to run as little plugins as possible.

i thought maybe theirs a esacape character for it in Welcome yell or in serverstats.

Cheers

smogs

• Plugin Developer

question regarding how to do something. :smile:

I want to post the rules in chat to the player when they join. just like first spawn message.

if their was a chat version of this it should work properly.

Currently:

On Join Yell: Welcome Etc

Spambot:

4 messages cycling 2 minutes

Serverstats on Join (from the other logger plugin)

On Join Serverstats

if i put

!rules inside Serverstats, it just says server stats. then !rules

!rules inside welcome yell, it just says !rules

!rules inside spambot Shows the rules correctly but, do not want it every 2 minutes.

Is there a way to do this with your plugin i try to run as little plugins as possible.

i thought maybe theirs a esacape character for it in Welcome yell or in serverstats.

Cheers

smogs

Beware of having too many first spawn messages, they can be very overbearing. This isn't gmod where custom UIs can be made for server messages, all we have is a chat box and yell section.

If you really want to show rules to people on first spawn you can set up your autoadmin to issue an admin say '/rules playername' on first spawn and AdKats will send them the rules.

EDIT: Doing this would also be very obnoxious to your regular players who already know your server's rules.

• Plugin Developer

Unless it's something different I believe so. I completely understand why just hurts at least one legit player who was trying to be funny with his name :biggrin:.

Sorry for being a pest and sincerely thank you for all the work you've done!

Not a pest, thanks for letting me know about it, that logic was not intended to activate anywhere but on our servers. Cheers.

Originally Posted by smogsy*:

Beware of having too many first spawn messages, they can be very overbearing. This isn't gmod where custom UIs can be made for server messages, all we have is a chat box and yell section.

If you really want to show rules to people on first spawn you can set up your autoadmin to issue an admin say '/rules playername' on first spawn and AdKats will send them the rules.

EDIT: Doing this would also be very obnoxious to your regular players who already know your server's rules.

Firstly thank you for the response, unfortunately not sure what you mean by Auto admin. we only run

Adkats + Logger required for Adkats + votemap + Multibalancer. do i need another one?

ive read your readme webpage multiple times since December its very handy!

The plan at the moment is to Remove as much spam to the user as possible.

however our admins are pushing the rules to them far to often so the idea was to automate this once so they wont do it. [i know its backwards....]

[our 2nd server only has 2 rules]

we simply have a welcome message & Player stats at the moment

i want to do Welcome message (yell) & just the 2 rules to the player (or new players only, but doubt that's possible)

i was hoping to use Procon chat logger plugin command "Welcome Message for new players" for the rules but guess you cannot do that i tried :sad:

Originally Posted by iraqiboy90*:

Firstly thank you for the response, unfortunately not sure what you mean by Auto admin. we only run

Adkats + Logger required for Adkats + votemap + Multibalancer. do i need another one?

ive read your readme webpage multiple times since December its very handy!

The plan at the moment is to Remove as much spam to the user as possible.

however our admins are pushing the rules to them far to often so the idea was to automate this once so they wont do it. [i know its backwards....]

[our 2nd server only has 2 rules]

we simply have a welcome message & Player stats at the moment

i want to do Welcome message (yell) & just the 2 rules to the player (or new players only, but doubt that's possible)

i was hoping to use Procon chat logger plugin command "Welcome Message for new players" for the rules but guess you cannot do that i tried :sad:

hey,

We have the same issue. Admins need to keep constantly remind players about the rules...

look at this suggestion

https://github.com/AdKats/AdKats/issues/722

Originally Posted by MRniceGuy*:

when i create a new role i cant allow any commands

it jsut gives me this error

[04:30:04 37] [AdKats] EXCEPTION-6600-D-HandleException-DatabaseComm33: [Error while uploading role.][system.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException( ExceptionResource resource)

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.ValueColle ction.Enumerator.MoveNext()

at PRoConEvents.AdKats.UploadRole(AdKatsRole aRole)]

i havent touched anything from db