Advanced In-Game Admin and Ban Enforcer - AdKats

Message added by Prophet731,

If you've been banned from a server then you will need to appeal the ban with the owners/community of that server. We do not control any bans done on servers that utilize AdKats as all bans are local to that server.

Originally Posted by jsimpson32*:

What do you mean current game? I don't look at BF3 stats for BF4 players if that's what you're asking. If you mean current round then that's only with the LIVE system.

The anti-cheat system uses their overall stats exclusively, unless you enable the LIVE system. Enabling LIVE means it will use the current/previous round information to catch damage mods, and if you enable the 'mass murder' settings it will also go after the more blatant cheats mid-round.

EDIT: Repeating myself here, but this is also all described in the docs :biggrin:

Anti-cheat docs:

https://github.com/AdKats/AdKats#ant...with-whitelist

Anti-cheat settings:

https://github.com/AdKats/AdKats#a18-anticheat-settings

I did read all of the docs. In fact I've been posting explanations on our forums. Its been banning some platoon members so I'm trying to be sure of the settings. Not sure if they cheat or are boosting. Perhaps I should turn off HSK and DPS and just use LIVE.

Example:

page1/index.html*

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Plugin Developer

Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner*:

I did read all of the docs. In fact I've been posting explanations on our forums. Its been banning some platoon members so I'm trying to be sure of the settings. Not sure if they cheat or are boosting. Perhaps I should turn off HSK and DPS and just use LIVE.

Example:

page1/index.html*

From your forum post:

"His reasoning actually makes sense. I remember people doing similar things in BF2 to get weapons unlocks. Two people, usually friends, would go to an almost empty server, go on opposite teams and one would set up a spawn beacon where one would just spawn and kill or get killed over and over to get an unlock."

This plugin does not cover boosting. If they boosted in a server and accidentally got their stats up to unreasonable levels that's not something my plugin can realize and handle in a clean way.

Your only solution for this player is to unban him then issue an individual anti-cheat whitelist on him so the system doesn't ban him. This is easily done with

/acwhitelist perm playername

giving the player a permanent anti-cheat whitelist.

I would suggest giving out these whitelists on an individual player-by-player basis instead of turning off those scripts.

The way we usually handled it in my previous group was that if they they were able to provide the battlereports showing that they were boosting then we whitelisted them.

EDIT: Of course it's up to how you want to run your server, and the disable option is available for both HSK and KPM based bans. The only one that cannot be disabled is the DPS based ban system, since that one has been hardened for years now and has only seen false positives when battlelog screws up player's stats.

Originally Posted by jsimpson32*:

After thinking about it I've decided to leave it all on with no whitelist for anyone. Thanks for the help, donation sent.

From your forum post:

"His reasoning actually makes sense. I remember people doing similar things in BF2 to get weapons unlocks. Two people, usually friends, would go to an almost empty server, go on opposite teams and one would set up a spawn beacon where one would just spawn and kill or get killed over and over to get an unlock."

This plugin does not cover boosting. If they boosted in a server and accidentally got their stats up to unreasonable levels that's not something my plugin can realize and handle in a clean way.

Your only solution for this player is to unban him then issue an individual anti-cheat whitelist on him so the system doesn't ban him. This is easily done with

/acwhitelist perm playername

giving the player a permanent anti-cheat whitelist.

I would suggest giving out these whitelists on an individual player-by-player basis instead of turning off those scripts.

The way we usually handled it in my previous group was that if they they were able to provide the battlereports showing that they were boosting then we whitelisted them.

EDIT: Of course it's up to how you want to run your server, and the disable option is available for both HSK and KPM based bans. The only one that cannot be disabled is the DPS based ban system, since that one has been hardened for years now and has only seen false positives when battlelog screws up player's stats.

Originally Posted by vagnus*:

it shows me those 2 errors [04:09:03 85] [AdKats] ERROR-7010: [Tables from XPKiller's Stat Logger not present in the database. Enable that plugin then re-run AdKats!]

[04:09:03 85] [AdKats] INFO: Shutting down AdKats.

[04:09:03 87] [AdKats] WARNING: Database timing confirmed, but there is a 3m42s UTC timestamp mismatch between your layer and database.

[04:09:04 39] [AdKats] AdKats 7.0.1.0 Disabled! =(

what i must do ?

• Plugin Developer

it shows me those 2 errors [04:09:03 85] [AdKats] ERROR-7010: [Tables from XPKiller's Stat Logger not present in the database. Enable that plugin then re-run AdKats!]

[04:09:03 85] [AdKats] INFO: Shutting down AdKats.

[04:09:03 87] [AdKats] WARNING: Database timing confirmed, but there is a 3m42s UTC timestamp mismatch between your layer and database.

[04:09:04 39] [AdKats] AdKats 7.0.1.0 Disabled! =(

what i must do ?

You must read the instructions.

https://github.com/AdKats/AdKats#install

Cheers.

Also i would suggest having both your layer and database servers update their timestamps. Talk to your host about this, one of them or both of them is nearly 4 minutes off of real time.

Cheers.

Also i would suggest having both your layer and database servers update their timestamps. Talk to your host about this, one of them or both of them is nearly 4 minutes off of real time.

Cheers.

i read the rules but nothing helped me with this

[06:07:54 85] [AdKats] ERROR-7010: [Tables from XPKiller's Stat Logger not present in the database. Enable that plugin then re-run AdKats!]

[06:07:54 85] [AdKats] INFO: Shutting down AdKats

and when i followed the first step and instal CChatGUIDStatsLogger to plugin .in plugin tab doesnt show it :/

• Plugin Developer

i read the rules but nothing helped me with this

[06:07:54 85] [AdKats] ERROR-7010: [Tables from XPKiller's Stat Logger not present in the database. Enable that plugin then re-run AdKats!]

[06:07:54 85] [AdKats] INFO: Shutting down AdKats

Please read the error message and do what it says to do. Do you need help installing stat logger? Do you need help running the install SQL script?

Please read the error message and do what it says to do. Do you need help installing stat logger? Do you need help running the install SQL script?

to instal stat logger is the normal way with filezilla into plugins folder ?
  • Plugin Developer

to instal stat logger is the normal way with filezilla into plugins folder ?

The install instructions for that plugin are in the plugin thread:

myrcon.net/.../chat-guid-stats-and-mapstats-logger

One caveat though is that you need to place the plugins folder inside that download over the top of your normal plugins folder. There are a lot of files in the stat logger plugin, not just the one CS file.

The install instructions for that plugin are in the plugin thread:

myrcon.net/.../chat-guid-stats-and-mapstats-logger

One caveat though is that you need to place the plugins folder inside that download over the top of your normal plugins folder. There are a lot of files in the stat logger plugin, not just the one CS file.

nothing yet :sad: i did that but nothing :sad:

now it show me those errors ..

[08:07:08 09] [AdKats] INFO: AdKats role groups table not found. Attempting to add.

[08:07:08 31] [AdKats] CREATE TABLE `adkats_rolegroups` (

`role_id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL,

`group_key` VARCHAR(100) NOT NULL,

PRIMARY KEY (`role_id`,`group_key`),

KEY `adkats_rolegroups_fk_role` (`role_id`),

KEY `adkats_rolegroups_fk_command` (`group_key`),

CONSTRAINT `adkats_rolegroups_fk_role` FOREIGN KEY (`role_id`) REFERENCES `adkats_roles` (`role_id`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE

) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 COLLATE=utf8_unicode_ci COMMENT='AdKats - Connection of groups to roles'

[08:07:08 31] [AdKats] ERROR-7010: [Non-Query failed. [Adding AdKats role groups table]: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Cannot add foreign key constraint

bei PRoConEvents.AdKats.SafeExecuteNonQuery(MySqlComma nd command)

bei PRoConEvents.AdKats.SendNonQuery(String desc, String nonQuery, Boolean verbose)]

[08:07:08 32] [AdKats] ALTER TABLE adkats_settings MODIFY setting_value varchar(10000)

[08:07:08 32] [AdKats] ERROR-7010: [AdKats tables not present or valid in the database. Have you run the AdKats database setup script yet? If so, are your tables InnoDB_]

I THINK I AM REALLY STUPID :/

• Plugin Developer

I think your answer is here:

He's just refusing to follow the install instructions. I asked him to but he's deciding to ignore them for some reason.

EDIT: Vagnus, when something starts working don't just jump to the end and assume everything is ready. Follow the instructions. If you don't know how to do something in the instruction list then just ask, i'm happy to help. Jumping ahead will get you nowhere though.

Originally Posted by sixpax12*:

... just sharing. Not sure if important or not.

[23:19:33 03] [AdKats] EXCEPTION-70117-1.41-D-GetPlayerCount-StatusMonitor13: [Error while fetching player count.][system.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.ValueColle ction.CopyTo(TValue[] array, Int32 index)

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerabl e`1 collection)

at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)

at PRoConEvents.AdKats.GetPlayerCount(Boolean excludeCommanders, Boolean excludeSpectators, Boolean excludeSeeders, Nullable`1 TeamID)]

• Plugin Developer

... just sharing. Not sure if important or not.

[23:19:33 03] [AdKats] EXCEPTION-70117-1.41-D-GetPlayerCount-StatusMonitor13: [Error while fetching player count.][system.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.ValueColle ction.CopyTo(TValue[] array, Int32 index)

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerabl e`1 collection)

at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)

at PRoConEvents.AdKats.GetPlayerCount(Boolean excludeCommanders, Boolean excludeSpectators, Boolean excludeSeeders, Nullable`1 TeamID)]

This is an issue with thread safety. I was not very good at C# when i first wrote the player management system so a lot of that is not completely thread-safe, and the mods added since then have just been bandaids on the issue. I recently added thread safety to fetched players list so i might be able to do that soon for this one too. Thanks for bringing it up.

As an aside, you can always look for exceptions that have happened while you weren't looking in the adkats_records_debug table. Every exception is logged.

He's just refusing to follow the install instructions. I asked him to but he's deciding to ignore them for some reason.

EDIT: Vagnus, when something starts working don't just jump to the end and assume everything is ready. Follow the instructions. If you don't know how to do something in the instruction list then just ask, i'm happy to help. Jumping ahead will get you nowhere though.

i dont know how to do that . run the AdKats database setup script yet? If so, are your tables InnoDB?

Originally Posted by antitoxis*:

Hey, i have some Problems. Since few days i get this error:

EXCEPTION-7000-D-b__9ff-RulePrinter43: [Error while printing server rules][system.InvalidOperationException: Die Sequenz enthält kein übereinstimmendes Element.

bei System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)

bei PRoConEvents.AdKats.c__DisplayClassa0e.b__9ff()]

Other Problem is with the spectator slot:

I will kicked out of the game:

Grund: Whitelist required to spectate. [spectatorManager] )

As an aside, you can always look for exceptions that have happened while you weren't looking in the adkats_records_debug table. Every exception is logged.

Entries in there seemed to have stopped on 01/25 ... does it track both of these:

procon.private.options.eventsLogging True

procon.private.options.pluginLogging True

EXCEPTION-70117-66.73-D-HandleActiveBanEnforcer-DatabaseComm62: [Error while handling active ban enforcer.][system.ArgumentException: Offset and length were out of bounds for the array or count is greater than the number of elements from index to the end of the source collection.

Server stack trace:

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(Exceptio nResource resource)

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.GetRange(Int32 index, Int32 count)

at PRoCon.Core.CBanInfo.GetVanillaBanl

• Plugin Developer

EXCEPTION-70117-66.73-D-HandleActiveBanEnforcer-DatabaseComm62: [Error while handling active ban enforcer.][system.ArgumentException: Offset and length were out of bounds for the array or count is greater than the number of elements from index to the end of the source collection.

Server stack trace:

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(Exceptio nResource resource)

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.GetRange(Int32 index, Int32 count)

at PRoCon.Core.CBanInfo.GetVanillaBanl

Thanks for posting. I won't be able to work on the plugin for a couple weeks but i'll take a look at this when I can.

Do you have plugin debugging enabled? enablePluginDebugging True

Doing that will give me line numbers if you're not running a linux layer, this will help figure out issues quickly.

• Plugin Developer

Entries in there seemed to have stopped on 01/25 ... does it track both of these:

procon.private.options.eventsLogging True

procon.private.options.pluginLogging True

Logs in the database for exceptions are not affected by those settings, they should just always be logged.
  • Plugin Developer

Hey, i have some Problems. Since few days i get this error:

Other Problem is with the spectator slot:

I will kicked out of the game:

Grund: Whitelist required to spectate. [spectatorManager] )

Update your plugin to the latest test version and see if that fixes the issue with rules. Just run the /pupdate command.

As for spectator whitelisting. When there is nobody in the adkats spectator whitelist then everyone is allowed to spectate, but when you have anyone in that list then only those players are able to spectate. You should check who you have ending up in the verbose spectator whitelist and modify your settings accordingly.

Originally Posted by antitoxis*:

Update your plugin to the latest test version and see if that fixes the issue with rules. Just run the /pupdate command.

As for spectator whitelisting. When there is nobody in the adkats spectator whitelist then everyone is allowed to spectate, but when you have anyone in that list then only those players are able to spectate. You should check who you have ending up in the verbose spectator whitelist and modify your settings accordingly.

Thanks for your reply. The spectator problem was a bad role group.

I have done the Update to the latest Procon. But the Problem is not solved.

I use Adkats on 10 Servers. The strange thing on it, that 2 Server haven't this Problem...

• Plugin Developer

Thanks for your reply. The spectator problem was a bad role group.

I have done the Update to the latest Procon. But the Problem is not solved.

I use Adkats on 10 Servers. The strange thing on it, that 2 Server haven't this Problem...

Ok. Please turn on plugin debugging in your procon settings. You should see the setting already, just need to turn it on.

enablePluginDebugging False

Change that line to True, then reboot your layer.

Then please send me the updated exception message, even if it looks like it hasn't changed, it has.