Notify Me! - Notifications and alerts (v1.0.0.2)

ImportBot

Originally Posted by DHGreenday*:

Hm, that should be doable. Will require a few changes though, but I have something planned anyways, which will probably be implemented around end of January.

Should also be doable, but will also take a bit more time.

That's kind of out of the plugin's scope since the main functionality was meant to be notifying admins about player requests.

Thanks a lot for your efforts, will you accept a little donation?

In #3 I see what you're saying but if it is a handy feature and it can be implemented then why not? In fact when I think of notify me I think of it as the plugin notifying me not so much the player as if it wasn't for the plugin then I wouldn't have been notified anyway. So whatever the trigger its the plugin notifying me :-)

Having said that I don't know why procon email notifier overrides notify me if this wasn't the case then they could be both used in conjunction with each other.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by Cyrcle*:

Is there a way I could get IPs added to the the list of players when an email is dispatched? I tried doing some simple editing of the CNotifyMe.inc but couldn't seem to get it to work correctly.

Original:

sb.Append("

");

foreach (CPlayerInfo player in this.lstPlayers)

{

sb.AppendFormat("

", player.ClanTag, player.SoldierName, player.GUID, player.Score, player.Kills, player.Deaths, player.Kdr, player.Ping, player.Rank);What I tried adding (in bold)

sb.Append("

ClanTag Playername EA GUID Score Kills Deaths KDR Ping Rank
{0} {1} {2} {3} {4} {5} {6} {7} {8}
");

foreach (CPlayerInfo player in this.lstPlayers)

{

sb.AppendFormat("

", player.ClanTag, player.SoldierName, player.IP, player.GUID, player.Score, player.Kills, player.Deaths, player.Kdr, player.Ping, player.Rank);Just going off a hunch, assuming player.IP would work. It didn't. player.IP (made the actual plugin disappear from the list in Procon, so I changed it to player.GUID just to see if it would dispatch the email. It didn't. I'm not great at this stuff, so if it's something I can easily change in the file, it would help a bunch.

EDIT:

Got it sending correctly now by editing this line (8 changed to 9):

this.ExecuteCommand("procon.protected.send", "admin.yell", "[Notify Me!] " + message, "9", "player", str);

I just need to find the command to send the players IP address.

EDIT 2:

Doesn't seem there is a command that displays the players IP address? Can anyone confirm?

ClanTag Playername Player IPEA GUID Score Kills Deaths KDR Ping Rank
{0} {1} {2} {3} {4} {5} {6} {7} {8} {9}

If I'm not really wrong and forgot to add it back in with the latest patch, IPs were being sent before?

I was running 1.0.0.0.

I didn't see a changelog so I figured they were minor updates.

Updated to 1.0.0.02 now and has PB Guids and IPs as opposed to just EA Guids now.

I feel like an idiot. :mad:

No problem :smile: Glad I didn't mess up and remove them again :biggrin:

Thanks for the quick response last night. It's appreciated. I am trying to get a rule set up with ProconRulz and have it work in conjunction with NotifyMe. I'm not sure if it's on your end or Rulz end, so I figured I'd just cross-post in both threads to get a definitive answer. I'm using this code in Rulz:

On Say;

Set %server_badword% 0

Text fag,jew,nigs,nigg,spic; Incr %words%; Set %server_badword% 1

If %words% > 2; Set %words% 0; Say %p% has been reported to an administrator.; Say #calladmin %p%

If %server_badword% = 1; Say %p% watch your language!

I cannot seem to get the #calladmin command from NotifyMe to activate because it is coming from the Admin itself and not from a player, I assume. Is there any way to fix this?

Originally Posted by MorpheusX(AUT)*:

I cannot seem to get the #calladmin command from NotifyMe to activate because it is coming from the Admin itself and not from a player, I assume. Is there any way to fix this?

Correct. NotifyMe will not pick up commands being sent by "server" (via RCON command). This would result in a lot of spam (e.g. when you're announcing the commands available via Spambot or likewise) and there's currently no way of achieving it I could think of. Sorry.

Correct. NotifyMe will not pick up commands being sent by "server" (via RCON command). This would result in a lot of spam (e.g. when you're announcing the commands available via Spambot or likewise) and there's currently no way of achieving it I could think of. Sorry.

No problem. Right now, I have it just sending all the offending players info into the log which is adequate enough.

Originally Posted by Enco86*:

Sadly plugin doesn't work for me.I tried everything i could but i always get an error.I tried with Gmail-our hosting company etc.It just doesn't work :sad:

Plugin is setup like this:

Use SSL:NO

SMTP -Server Adress: mail.copmclan.info

SMTP -Server Port: 26

Sender address: [email protected]

SMTP -Server username: [email protected]

Password:xxxxxx

And this is the error i get :

Error while sending mails: System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Failure sending mail. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 72.20.56.224:26

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)

at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Bool ean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Net.ServicePoint.GetConnection(PooledStream PooledStream, Object owner, Boolean async, IPAddress& address, Socket& abortSocket, Socket& abortSocket6, Int32 timeout)

at System.Net.PooledStream.Activate(Object owningObject, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, GeneralAsyncDelegate asyncCallback)

at System.Net.PooledStream.Activate(Object owningObject, GeneralAsyncDelegate asyncCallback)

at System.Net.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Object owningObject, GeneralAsyncDelegate asyncCallback, Int32 creationTimeout)

at System.Net.Mail.SmtpConnection.GetConnection(Strin g host, Int32 port)

at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)

at PRoConEvents.CNotifyMe.EmailWrite(String subject, String body)

Two quick questions:

1) Is the port 26 a typo or are you running your SMTP server one port off the usual?

2) Have you verified the server is working properly? I've tried connecting to mail.copmclan.info port 25 and 26 and both of the connections time out and appear to be closed ports.

Originally Posted by Enco86*:

Two quick questions:

1) Is the port 26 a typo or are you running your SMTP server one port off the usual?

2) Have you verified the server is working properly? I've tried connecting to mail.copmclan.info port 25 and 26 and both of the connections time out and appear to be closed ports.

Problem solved by the host :biggrin: Thanks

Originally Posted by DHGreenday*:

I just thought of another idea, is there any way that something could be setup that if you email a given address you can send admin chat messages ingame by using email triggered by procon?

The reason why I thought of this is because I was working today and my phone internet signal wasn't very strong was so slow I decided not to bother. What happened was a player notified me with !admin but using teamviewer on my phone to try to find out what the problem was, was near impossible with such a slow connection. It took so long that it became a bit irrelevant. Sending via email would have been easier and more likely to get through.

droid procon isn't available yet so I can't go down that route. I don't know how many people would find it handy.

Originally Posted by OddJob001*:

Any possibility of having the call capture the chat for the previous 1-5 mins, from when the call was placed? It would be nice to have it in the call and not have to go look at chat logs all the time.

Originally Posted by capei*:

Just curiosity. Has anyone had any success with getting this plugin to work with Gmail emails - specifically, any email that uses the GMail protocol (as I'm using Google Apps).

Currently I have it setup with a single email address (a @gmail.com email). However, other admins would like to get emails as well, but they want it to go to their Google Apps email (which uses the gmail protocol but isn't a @gmail.com email address). Problem is, with this plugin, there is a problem with emailing system (some issue with gmail compatibility) and thus, Gmail users can't use SSL. That becomes an issue because GMail only allows you to send email to other users using @gmail.com email addresses, if you don't use SSL.

I know my post is a bit wordy, but I hope it makes sense. :smile:

Edit: The problem isn't exactly with the plugin itself - but an issue with the C# code/protocol. There's some "workarounds" I believe I've seen online before, however I'm a C++ coder and not proficient in C#. :ohmy:

Just curiosity. Has anyone had any success with getting this plugin to work with Gmail emails - specifically, any email that uses the GMail protocol (as I'm using Google Apps).

Currently I have it setup with a single email address (a @gmail.com email). However, other admins would like to get emails as well, but they want it to go to their Google Apps email (which uses the gmail protocol but isn't a @gmail.com email address). Problem is, with this plugin, there is a problem with emailing system (some issue with gmail compatibility) and thus, Gmail users can't use SSL. That becomes an issue because GMail only allows you to send email to other users using @gmail.com email addresses, if you don't use SSL.

I know my post is a bit wordy, but I hope it makes sense. :smile:

Edit: The problem isn't exactly with the plugin itself - but an issue with the C# code/protocol. There's some "workarounds" I believe I've seen online before, however I'm a C++ coder and not proficient in C#. :ohmy:

As you've mentioned in your edit, it's an issue caused by the .NET SmtpClient implementation, which appears to have some problems with the SSL connections. During my testing, I wasn't able to successfully use an email server forcing SSL (especially Google Apps), however, it appears that it sometimes works (seems quite random, had a few people report using it without problems).

Would you have some links to the "workarounds" you found? I've found a few external clients or modifications, however, Procon's plugins can't simply link against any library or include everything (since the plugin compiler defines that for all plugins).

As you've mentioned in your edit, it's an issue caused by the .NET SmtpClient implementation, which appears to have some problems with the SSL connections. During my testing, I wasn't able to successfully use an email server forcing SSL (especially Google Apps), however, it appears that it sometimes works (seems quite random, had a few people report using it without problems).

Would you have some links to the "workarounds" you found? I've found a few external clients or modifications, however, Procon's plugins can't simply link against any library or include everything (since the plugin compiler defines that for all plugins).

I see. Interesting it's random. Wish it was working in my favor :biggrin:

Anyhow, I will definitely try to find some links to workarounds I thought were there. I found them a while ago while setting up this plugin, trying to configure it with multiple emails with SSL. It gave me some runtime error, which I pasted into Google and somewhere in the results I thought someone had a similar issue and had a workaround. It was for a different program, but same code, so I'll try and see if I can find it. I'll update this post when I do :smile:

• 2 months later...

Originally Posted by Co3n*:

i just found out that when enabling: "require reason for calling admin", the !admins function does not work... when disabling it, it does !!!?

Can this be fixed? I like a reason for the calladmin, but not for a list of admins.

That's weird. I don't believe I had that problem - I assume you're sure people are typing the correct command? ("admin" vs "admins")

Edit: Nevermind - that's only if you're using "!admin" as the calling command.

• 7 months later...

Originally Posted by CptBtchslap*:

Hi,

thanks for this nice plugin!

After a few hickups, i finally got it going and just wanted to post how:

You have to activate the "access for less secure apps" in gmail. Then it will work with

smtp.gmail.com,

port 587,

SSL activated.

Name [email protected],

and your password

To see tray notifications, you have to install the plugin locally, not on a parent layer and leave procon on.

• 3 weeks later...

Originally Posted by xcite*:

Greetings MorpheusX(AUT)!!!

Hope you're fine, and my congratulations upon coming christmas!!!

I have one suggestion on e-mail report which plugin sends... For example we have in e-mail a line with userid and all additional info:

ClanTag Playername PB GUID IP Score Kills Deaths KDR Ping Rank

IIITATARINIII a4b1dff0e741795874fbbf4099534772 37.150.155.93:3659 8227 25 9 2.78 52 118

Is it posiible to highlight every "PlayerName" in e-mail report as URL link to his Battlelog account?

In my exmample: "IIITATARINIII" as URL link to http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4.IIITATARINIII.

Of course "StatsLink" would be grate to have as changeable option ="http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/ru/user/%PlayerName%" because link in battlelog can be changed in future...

Hope you're understand my idea... It'll bee very convinient for admins to get quick access to player stats... Link must have possibilyty for editing, if someone want to use stats systems differnet than battelog... Thanks in advance !!!

From first moment of creation of this plugin i wass in discuss of plugin enhancement, hope my idea will have a place in next update :smile:

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Originally Posted by Link4134*:

Hey! So I added the .cs file (first tried the most recent version, then tried various versions) however, nothing is showing up in the procon plugins! Any help is greatly appreciated!

• 6 months later...