Notify Me! - Notifications and alerts (v1.0.0.2)

ImportBot

Originally Posted by MorpheusX(AUT)*:

Regarding the clan tags fetching above, I certainly don't want another plugin hitting battlelog for more requests, so please consider making the clan tag fetch an option if you decide to implement such battlelog fetching for notifyme.

Yeah, it'll obviously be something you can turn off if not needed. I might actually see about updating BattlelogCache first and then making it dependent on this (since that plays way better with other plugins that need information from Battlelog), but that's still off far in the the future.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by SmackDown*:

I need help installing this plugin. I have uploaded the files, yet I cannot get it to work. Can someone tell me where each file goes, because I have been working on this for several days and I cannot get it to work at all. It never announces when an admin is in the server.

I am not sure if I am install the files in the right place, so if some one could post where each file goes I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

I even provided the EXACT same folder structure as Procon so it wouldn't be that "hard" to install the plugin (while it is really, really easy anyways), so I suggest extracting the "Plugins" folder in the zip file to your Procon folder (where there also is a "Plugins" folder).

Ok, I uploaded the plugin folder to my Procon Layer server and restarted the server. When I go into the game, I see no notification or text message notifying a player how to contact an admin or any statement about how to call an admin.

These are my following settings:

Notify in Plugin console: yes

Notify in Chat window: yes

Notify in SysTray Popup: no

Notify admins ingame: Yes

Ingame notification type: say

Notify via email: no

monitor chat for keywords: no

Enable spam protection: yes

Number of allowed requests per round: 5

Time between request : 60

in admin settings, I just use the Procon-Accounts as admins I use the procon accounts as admins.

For In game commands, I have the following settings:

List admins on the server: admins

Call an Admin: calladmin

Require reason for calling an admin: no

When I enter the server, I see no text message at all about admin entering the server or any message about how a player can call an admin. What am I doing wrong?

You're doing nothing wrong, the plugin doesn't announce itself, that's more like the task of a Spambot or likewise.

So if I type calladmins, do I see any text?

If I type admins, should I see a list of admins in the server?

Because I see nothing if I type those commands. Thank you for your responses and your efforts. I really do appreciate all that you do.

Originally Posted by jking54*:

Morph, for whatever reason this is no longer working since your update, tried @calladmin without a reason, no email, then @calladmin testmsg still no notification, it does say that I've requested an admin but I never get the email so something has broke it would appear.

EDIT: hmm finally got the email for just the @calladmin without a reason, so I thought this was fixed?

usually I'd get the email relatively quickly.

EDIT2: the @calladmin testmsg just now rolled in, well after I requested it...

EDIT3: my bad, dummy me forgot to enable require a reason, need more coffee :P

Morph, for whatever reason this is no longer working since your update, tried @calladmin without a reason, no email, then @calladmin testmsg still no notification, it does say that I've requested an admin but I never get the email so something has broke it would appear.

EDIT: hmm finally got the email for just the @calladmin without a reason, so I thought this was fixed?

usually I'd get the email relatively quickly.

EDIT2: the @calladmin testmsg just now rolled in, well after I requested it...

EDIT3: my bad, dummy me forgot to enable require a reason, need more coffee :P

I have actually seen something similar once while testing, wasn't able to narrow it down further though.

One time, requesting an admin would simply do "nothing", however, if I requested an admin a second time after that, it worked instantly. Could that have been the case with your problem too?

@SmackDown: you should. Have you set up admins properly (using Procon admins, reserved slots, etc)?

I have actually seen something similar once while testing, wasn't able to narrow it down further though.

One time, requesting an admin would simply do "nothing", however, if I requested an admin a second time after that, it worked instantly. Could that have been the case with your problem too?

@SmackDown: you should. Have you set up admins properly (using Procon admins, reserved slots, etc)?

To my knowledge I have yes. This is the only plug in that is not working for me at this time.

Originally Posted by xcite*:

Greetings MorpheusX!

Thanks for great job about my requests. Everything works fine now (i'm bout PBGUID).

About number of didigts in KDR column of e-mail notification - it's now shows only one digit... I think it would be beter to make it x.x or maximu x.xx for more convenience.

And about empty clantags - it's not so important, i think it's possible to remove this column from e-mail report totaly.

Also about EAGUID and PBGUID - is it possible to make a switch which column should appear in e-mail report:

EAGUID / PBGUID / BOTH ? But it's not so urgent.

That would be great.

Thanks once more.

Originally Posted by IAF-SDS*:

I tested the new version Morpheus and there's a couple minor issue.

When it requires you to use a reason, it improperly counts the first @admin call without a reason, even though an admin call was not sent. This results in someone not being able to send a correct @admin Reason call and they have to wait for the spam protection to expire.

In my servers, I have 900 seconds between each admin call to prevent spamming the admins. Example: typing @admin fails and requires a reason. Then typing @admin Reason fails as well because I have to wait 900 seconds to try again.

Fix: It should not count the failed @admin (no reason) and should only count admin calls when the player message is given that a successful notification was sent.

Also, it is not resetting the count for the total allowed @admin calls per round. If you call for an admin twice in one map or once each map for two maps, you won't be able to call for an admin again on the next map.

About number of didigts in KDR column of e-mail notification - it's now shows only one digit... I think it would be beter to make it x.x or maximu x.xx for more convenience.

Yup, missed that when adding the rounding in. Will add it to the next release

Also about EAGUID and PBGUID - is it possible to make a switch which column should appear in e-mail report:

EAGUID / PBGUID / BOTH ? But it's not so urgent.

Possible. Added it to the issue tracker: https://github.com/MorpheusXAUT/Notify-Me/issues

Feel free to add requests or bug reports there, easiest for me to track the progress there

When it requires you to use a reason, it improperly counts the first @admin call without a reason, even though an admin call was not sent. This results in someone not being able to send a correct @admin Reason call and they have to wait for the spam protection to expire.

I'll take a look at this, however I'm away on holidays until end of the year, so I might not be able to fix it until then.

Also, it is not resetting the count for the total allowed @admin calls per round. If you call for an admin twice in one map or once each map for two maps, you won't be able to call for an admin again on the next map.

Will take a look at that too.
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the bump, I had already completely forgotten about this :P

Might be able to take another look at it tomorrow afternoon.

Sounds good Morpheus.

Looking forward to the update.

Thanks again.

Thanks Morpheus for the update.

I tested it, and all of the new features work now, BUT something broke with notifications because it no longer sends an email nor does it notify in game that someone called an admin. I also don't see the notification in the tray either. It's just not sending any kind of notification anymore.

I had to revert back to the previous version that sends emails but has the other issues we discussed. The email is sent properly in the previous version after I just tested it.

Hope it's easy to fix.

Originally Posted by DHGreenday*:

Thanks Morpheus for the update.

I tested it, and all of the new stuff works now, BUT you broke something because it does not send an email nor does it notify in game that someone called an admin. It's just not sending any kind of notification anymore. I also don't see the notification in the tray either.

I had to revert back to the previous version that sends emails but has the other issues we discussed. The email is sent properly in the previous version after I just tested it.

Hope it's easy to fix.

Same thing is happening to me but I didn't update to the latest version, could this be due to a server patch?

Originally Posted by capei*:

Email function not working for me either. Just downloaded and installed everything today.

Went through this ENTIRE thread, trying every suggestion, to no avail. No errors, no firewall blocking anything.

Hope it's fixed soon! :biggrin:

Originally Posted by capei*:

Glad to see it's not just me. I verified all my settings and and modified them with the suggestions throughout this thread, with no luck. Everything else works fine, just not email.

I'm using Gmail, for the record.

Originally Posted by bolts4brekfast*:

I just tried out 1.0.0.2 and I get the same issue.. in-game list admin command works properly. However, the email admin does not work. None of my settings changed from 1.0.0.1 to 1.0.0.2

I reverted to 1.0.0.1 and all is well again. :smile: