Ultimate Map Manager (1.2.5.0 - 03/26/15)

Prophet731

Originally Posted by EmporoS*:

Thanks for the quick answer and I don´t want to stress you up but is there an option or chance with this plugin to set for 2 different Map Lists my server from 64 slots to 24 slots when I change to TDM, is this possible?

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by falcontx*:

Thanks for the quick answer and I don´t want to stress you up but is there an option or chance with this plugin to set for 2 different Map Lists my server from 64 slots to 24 slots when I change to TDM, is this possible?

I don't quite understand what you're trying to do, but it's probably possible. You can also use Adaptive Server Size to change the size of your server based on game mode and number of players.

Well my english is not the best but I´ll try to explain it better:

I have a 64 slots server and my first Maplist is based on QLarge Maps like Metro for 64 Players but if the players are leaving until there are only maybe 12 players then it would change to my TDM Maplist. So I was thinking that it would be to much if the Server still set to 64 slots cause 64 players for TDM is to much so it would be better that there are only 24 slots only at this time you know what i mean?

Or maybe I have a thinking error and it doesnt matter if the server is still set for 64 Players. Sorry I am a big noob with all of this and I hope you are be patient with me for asking a stupid question....

Well my english is not the best but I´ll try to explain it better:

I have a 64 slots server and my first Maplist is based on QLarge Maps like Metro for 64 Players but if the players are leaving until there are only maybe 12 players then it would change to my TDM Maplist. So I was thinking that it would be to much if the Server still set to 64 slots cause 64 players for TDM is to much so it would be better that there are only 24 slots only at this time you know what i mean?

Or maybe I have a thinking error and it doesnt matter if the server is still set for 64 Players. Sorry I am a big noob with all of this and I hope you are be patient with me for asking a stupid question....

I understand. You can change the server size using vars.maxPlayers in your custom presets in UMM or you can use the Adaptive Server Size plugin.

well now I only have to find out what the best settings are for the minimum and maximum players so my 3 different Map Lists that I created are working together cause for the first time to set up a server with plugins is really hard for me:huh:

until here I am really thankful for youre support and this great plugin and if I still have some problems I hope you still have time for me:smile:

Originally Posted by russel5*:

Hi, falcontx. I have a bug with your plugin.

when the same map is changed several times, the settings of tickets are reset, ie started playing, the server waits for 4 players that would start. 300 tickets. join 4 players, the server starts a game, ticket 300. one player left, the server restarted a map, ticket 300. player again came, the game started, tickets 187 (_)

Hi, falcontx. I have a bug with your plugin.

when the same map is changed several times, the settings of tickets are reset, ie started playing, the server waits for 4 players that would start. 300 tickets. join 4 players, the server starts a game, ticket 300. one player left, the server restarted a map, ticket 300. player again came, the game started, tickets 187 (_)

Please report the problem properly and I'll take a look at it. Please see this post:

www.phogue.net/forumvb/showth...a-plugin-issue*

Originally Posted by pharbehind*:

Falcon, was playing and the round suddenly changed rounds mid game:

[12:47:06 52] UltimateMapManager: INFO -> Next round requested. Rounds run on this map list: 5

No one did a nextmap or anything, it just restarted the round on its own. Switch to new map is set to No.

any idea why this happened?

Falcon, was playing and the round suddenly changed rounds mid game:

[12:47:06 52] UltimateMapManager: INFO -> Next round requested. Rounds run on this map list: 5

No one did a nextmap or anything, it just restarted the round on its own. Switch to new map is set to No.

any idea why this happened?

UMM didn't change the round. It is just reporting that someone or some plugin requested the next round.

It's impossible to know what happened without proper logs.

morning falcontx,

I don´t know what I have done wrong but the Tickets that I have set is not working right. For my QL Map List I have set "vars.gameModeCounter 1200" but when I join our server it actullay shows only 1050 Tickets and for another one shows only 650 instead of 800 Tickets.

After I saw this I´ve done a restart on my Game server but the problem is still there so what can it be that caused this problem?

May I need to delete my first created server List(before I had installed UMM)via web interface that was set up as my standard maps so that only the Map list from UMM is running or does this makes no difference?

And than I have some general questions about the config how to set up the Map List right cause I´m still having some problems with it to understand.

I created 3 Map List:

1. Map List is QL for 64 Players (set server size vars.maxPlayers 64)

2. Map List is TDM for 16 Players (set server size vars.maxPlayers 20)

3. Map List is CQ and Gun Master for 24 (set server size vars.maxPlayers 28)

What I want is that it always begins with the first Map List where Metro is the first Map. If there are not enough players at the end of the round it should change to the second Map List wit TDM. Are there more than 16 players on TDM to the end of the round it should change to my third Map List CQ for 24 players and if there are more than 22 players at the end it should change back to my first Map List.

So how would be the best settings minimum and maximum players so this rule can work?

EDIT:

I´ve just saw the "How to properly report a plugin issue" Thread so I think to help me with my first problem I will do this first to have these log.files if there is something reported of this server ticket issue

morning falcontx,

I don´t know what I have done wrong but the Tickets that I have set is not working right. For my QL Map List I have set "vars.gameModeCounter 1200" but when I join our server it actullay shows only 1050 Tickets and for another one shows only 650 instead of 800 Tickets.

After I saw this I´ve done a restart on my Game server but the problem is still there so what can it be that caused this problem?

May I need to delete my first created server List(before I had installed UMM)via web interface that was set up as my standard maps so that only the Map list from UMM is running or does this makes no difference?

And than I have some general questions about the config how to set up the Map List right cause I´m still having some problems with it to understand.

I created 3 Map List:

1. Map List is QL for 64 Players (set server size vars.maxPlayers 64)

2. Map List is TDM for 16 Players (set server size vars.maxPlayers 20)

3. Map List is CQ and Gun Master for 24 (set server size vars.maxPlayers 28)

What I want is that it always begins with the first Map List where Metro is the first Map. If there are not enough players at the end of the round it should change to the second Map List wit TDM. Are there more than 16 players on TDM to the end of the round it should change to my third Map List CQ for 24 players and if there are more than 22 players at the end it should change back to my first Map List.

So how would be the best settings minimum and maximum players so this rule can work?

EDIT:

I´ve just saw the "How to properly report a plugin issue" Thread so I think to help me with my first problem I will do this first to have these log.files if there is something reported of this server ticket issue

I can't help you with the ticket count problem without logs. But, I can say that the limit for vars.gameModeCounter is 1000 and vars.gameModeCounter doesn't correspond to the exact number of tickets in most game modes and for most maps. It's based on a percentage of the default number of tickets for the given map/game mode. The only time it's the exact number of tickets is for TDM.

You will actually need 4 map lists to do what you want:

1) Metro (min: 0, max: 0) - this is the map set when the server is empty

2) TDM (min: 1, max: 16)

3) CQ (min: __, max: 22) - set min to what you want.. example: if it's 8, and there are less than 8 players, it will go back to TDM

4) QL (min: __, max: 64) - same as above.. maybe switch back to CQ if less than 16 players?

I hope this helps!

I could not test it yet because of real life but tonight I will try your example so only for understanding that I have got it right!

so every setting I´d like to make above 1000 Tickets for QL, CQ I have to try out with different Ticket settings untill I reach my 1200 Tickets or can I set vars.gameModeCounter in "%" ?

The first Map List would only be the Map Metro and the current Map List 1 would only be changed to Map List 4?

I could not test it yet because of real life but tonight I will try your example so only for understanding that I have got it right!

so every setting I´d like to make above 1000 Tickets for QL, CQ I have to try out with different Ticket settings untill I reach my 1200 Tickets or can I set vars.gameModeCounter in "%" ?

The first Map List would only be the Map Metro and the current Map List 1 would only be changed to Map List 4?

You don't have to try different tickets. You just have to know the default ticket count for each map, which can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Xc1WlN1Ti1oZHc

(the tabs at the bottom let you choose the map pack)

For example, the default tickets for Grand Bazaar in Conquest Large is 400, so if you wanted 1200, you would need to set vars.gameModeCounter 300. Or, the default tickets for Bandar Desert in Conquest Large is 300, so if you wanted 1200, you would need to set vars.gameModeCounter 400.

So, you can look up each map and set each value manually, or you could use Adaptive Ticket Count, which will allow you to set a value in number of actual tickets and it will do the calculation for you.

The number of the map list doesn't matter. You could leave your QL list as Map List 1 and make Metro Map List 4. The min/max values are what matters.

Hey falcontx,

I just sent you 5$ for this awesome plugin. (PayPal mail address is not the same as I use here) Please send the stuff to the mail address what I use here.

Thanks

Unfortunately, I have no way of knowing what email address you use here, as I'm not an administrator. Send me a PM with the email address you want to use.

Originally Posted by ToGe88*:

Hey,

we got a problem with the Ultimate Map Manager since 9AM this morning. The Server crashed, restarted and got problems loading the plugins. Now after some restarts of the layer everything seems to be Ok, except UMM, in the plugin config I can only see one Maplist but all other options are gone. Restarting the layer and reinstalling the Plugin doesn't help. Is there anything we can do about this?

PS: The Plugin is working fine! It changes the Maplist and everything but we can't do any configuration of it!

umm_error.jpg

Thanks is advance!

Hey,

we got a problem with the Ultimate Map Manager since 9AM this morning. The Server crashed, restarted and got problems loading the plugins. Now after some restarts of the layer everything seems to be Ok, except UMM, in the plugin config I can only see one Maplist but all other options are gone. Restarting the layer and reinstalling the Plugin doesn't help. Is there anything we can do about this?

PS: The Plugin is working fine! It changes the Maplist and everything but we can't do any configuration of it!

umm_error.jpg

Thanks is advance!

Your configuration got corrupted somehow. You'll need to edit the config file (it's in the Configs directory and named with your server IP address and port, like 192.168.1.1_25500.cfg) and either find and fix the problem or just delete all of the lines with UltimateMapManager in them and reconfigure it from scratch.

Your configuration got corrupted somehow. You'll need to edit the config file (it's in the Configs directory and named with your server IP address and port, like 192.168.1.1_25500.cfg) and either find and fix the problem or just delete all of the lines with UltimateMapManager in them and reconfigure it from scratch.

Thanks for the quick answer! I checked the config file. Everything seems to be ok, all options are there. No format errors or invalid strings in there. Would it be possible to delete every UMM Part in the file and after setting it back up paste the parts we backuped from the old config containing the map lists in the new config?

Thanks for the quick answer! I checked the config file. Everything seems to be ok, all options are there. No format errors or invalid strings in there. Would it be possible to delete every UMM Part in the file and after setting it back up paste the parts we backuped from the old config containing the map lists in the new config?

Yeah, that should work, too.

Yeah, that should work, too.

Ok, gave it a try! The Plugin Settings window now shows random parts from the config file after every restart of the layer. (E.g. now it's showing a part of the second map list. Before the restart it showed only a part of the third map list.) It's very strage because only UMM seems to be affected by this and its totally random. Very confused now :woot: Could it be some problem with the server or a plugin that doesn't work with UMM active?

Edit: I also testet with an empty config, but nothing shows up in the plugin window

Edit2: Finally got it to work! I restarted about 5 times till i got the part with the Debug Output Setting. It was set to yes, after setting it to no everything is working again! :biggrin:

Originally Posted by Neoteric*:

Hey,

I've got a question:

Is it possible to do this, if yes, how?

maplist1: 0-52 slots - only rush

maplist2: 32-52 slots - only cq32

maplist3: 48-64 slots - only cq64

I want to set maplist1 while the server is starting, so when it reaches 55 people, it should switch to maplist3, but I also want the server to stay on cq maps, so when it goes below 48, I want maplist2 to be activated, and maplist1 would be only active again, when it goes below 32. Is it possible?

Originally Posted by grizzlybeer*:

Hey,

umm_error.jpg

Thanks is advance!

i noticed a similar bug too. parts of the plugin settings seemed to have disappeared :-)

i noticed this when trying to edit the maplists and i couldnt disable the plugin (enable maplist manager_) since the option was not there anymore.

could this be caused when i have a lot of maplists? is there any limit in this plugin? because i used to have alot, now i only have 2 and the bug didnt happen again ever since. i cant provide any logs or screenshots at this time (i cant reproduce the error), sorry.

a fix for me was to disable the plugin in the plugins tab, restart procon layer, enable the plugin again. after that everything would be fine again.

i know this sounds like a weird bug and that was what it felt like :-)

any ideas?

Originally Posted by jstm*:

Hi,

Is it possible to add this simple feature: Just start all map list sequential ? For example - best maps vanilla, best maps B2K, etc... But at the same time having only maps from one map pack, because (well known fact) only then one can reach really good server population.