Ultimate Map Manager (1.2.5.0 - 03/26/15)

Prophet731

Originally Posted by TMiland*:

How can i make the maplist switch at a set time of day? Now it switches at 0.00 witch is when the server is full, i want it to switch at 06:00 when it's empty, but it's not working...

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by falcontx*:

How can i make the maplist switch at a set time of day? Now it switches at 0.00 witch is when the server is full, i want it to switch at 06:00 when it's empty, but it's not working...

Yes, but not if you're already using "day of the week" switching. If you tell it to switch to a map on Tuesday, for example, it will always switch at 0:00. If you are not using days of the week, then you can specify the time for a list to switch.

Yes, but not if you're already using "day of the week" switching. If you tell it to switch to a map on Tuesday, for example, it will always switch at 0:00. If you are not using days of the week, then you can specify the time for a list to switch.

Aah, i understand... Is it possible to modify the code, so it will always switch at 06:00? It almost always empties out the server if it switches during the busy hours, and i always start the server after 06:00. :-)

*Edit

Is it Code:

string time = "0:00";
at line 1138?

Can i edit that to Code:

string time = "06:00";
?

Aah, i understand... Is it possible to modify the code, so it will always switch at 06:00? It almost always empties out the server if it switches during the busy hours, and i always start the server after 06:00. :-)

*Edit

Is it Code:

string time = "0:00";
at line 1138?

Can i edit that to Code:

string time = "06:00";
?
No, that wouldn't work. Changing the time zone in the plugin to -6 hours relative to your current one would, though.

That said, I've had at least one other person ask about this, so I'm going to release an update that will have the map list change at the time specified in the options rather than at 0:00 when the day changes. Look for this in your email within the next couple of days.

No, that wouldn't work. Changing the time zone in the plugin to -6 hours relative to your current one would, though.

That said, I've had at least one other person ask about this, so I'm going to release an update that will have the map list change at the time specified in the options rather than at 0:00 when the day changes. Look for this in your email within the next couple of days.

Why didn't i think about that? hehe

Thank you falcontx! That's just awesome :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by Wiggles*:

i was editing in the manager when it/procon stoped replying. when i reopened procon and clicked on the mapmanager, i got an errormessage.

ive tried restarting the layerserver, deleting and reinstalling the plugin, but it still comes up with the errormessage. does the plugin create a third file/edit a file thats not in the original zip file (cultimatemapmanager.inc and .cs)?

i have 1.2.0.2 of your plugin, and 1.4.0.9 on procon

No, but it store's it's settings in the config file for your server and if the config file was corrupted when PRoCon crashed, that could be causing the issue. It would be in the Configs subfolder and would be named after the IP address of your server, like xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx_port.cfg. You should delete all of the lines beginning with CUltimateMapManager to clear the settings.

Originally Posted by Wiggles*:

that worked. thank you.

btw, how is the next update going? i have the same issues with the server changing map list at midnight rather than at the time i said on the day i said.

edit:

also, the gamemode counter isnt included in the preset, so i have to add that in a custom preset. that leads to having one to bring it back to 100% too. there should be a ticketcounter on the maplist itself or as an option on each map. ... kinda the same problem with gunmaster presets. one for each map

that worked. thank you.

btw, how is the next update going? i have the same issues with the server changing map list at midnight rather than at the time i said on the day i said.

edit:

also, the gamemode counter isnt included in the preset, so i have to add that in a custom preset. that leads to having one to bring it back to 100% too. there should be a ticketcounter on the maplist itself or as an option on each map. ... kinda the same problem with gunmaster presets. one for each map

Oh.. It's done. I just forgot to mail it out! ;P I'll do that shortly.

I won't be adding any more options to the plugin map list. There are tons of things that could be added, but it would just bloat the plugin. Custom presets allows a lot of flexibility for people to change map sizes like you are, or any number of other things. Also, Adaptive Ticket Count is a great alternative plugin for managing your server size.

New version being mailed out.

UPDATE: I forgot to attach the file to the first email I sent out and now I'm having problems with Google's sending limits. So, it will probably take me 3 days to get the plugin out to everyone. Sorry for the delay. :/

1.2.1.0 (05/21/2013)

- added support for MOHW (custom playlists only)

- map lists using both day and time will now switch at the specified time rather than at 0:00 when the day changes

I'm still working on getting the update out to everyone. I think all but about 40 people should have it by now. The rest of you guys will get it tomorrow evening or Friday.

Due to these issues, I will also be adding everyone to a UMM Distribution Group within Google Groups. This will be a private, restricted group that will only be used for sending out updates. It will make it much easier for me to manage the group and send out updates than what I have been doing (spreadsheet, copy/paste, etc). So, if you get an email from Google Groups, that's what it's about.

Originally Posted by Tomgun*:

great work btw :smile:, would it be possible to put in an option to cycle map on a set time period (user can change) or goto first map if the server is empty, also if possible could you add an auto server reboot option so the user can pick a time say 1 hour and if the server is empty it reboots the server to keep it fresh, but if server has people in it it waits until its empty before reboots if its passed its set time please..

that would be the icing on the cake if that was possible all in this plugin..

great work btw :smile:, would it be possible to put in an option to cycle map on a set time period (user can change) or goto first map if the server is empty, also if possible could you add an auto server reboot option so the user can pick a time say 1 hour and if the server is empty it reboots the server to keep it fresh, but if server has people in it it waits until its empty before reboots if its passed its set time please..

that would be the icing on the cake if that was possible all in this plugin..

It sounds like you're looking for Automatic Round Restarter..

showthread....-1-2012-03-11)*

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by madmuthamonk*:

There is a bug. I will have to run logs over the weekend and post them. Someone posted this a while back. I have 2 map lists running. One for 0-30 players and one for 31-48 player. Whenever it switches between map lists the first map in the map list it switched to the ticket count is doubled or more. This has actually been stopping me from using this great plugin. I keep trying it but to no avail every time the ticket count goes crazy. I will post back when I have some logs.

Originally Posted by Firejack*:

Can't say I've seen this issue myself. I over lap my map lists a little. Might be worth trying this yourself.

So;

0-30 first map list

24-48 for second.

All this means is the second maplist won't change back to the first until less then 23 players are on, instead of 30 players like now.

Originally Posted by tarreltje*:

Hey falcon,

A few weeks ago i asked you if it was posible the have some sort of situation like Empty map. So that you have like 5 maps in your map list, but it says on the first map till x amount of players have joined! This due the fact people can see the whole map list of the server, also in the beginning.

You told me to use: mapList.setNextMapIndex 0 in a custom preset. I have tryed this but it doesnt work, example:

# Custom Preset: warmup

mapList.setNextMapIndex 0

vars.friendlyFire false

vars.killCam true

vars.hud true

vars.3dSpotting true

vars.nameTag true

vars.3pCam true

vars.regenerateHealth true

vars.vehicleSpawnAllowed true

vars.soldierHealth 100

vars.onlySquadLeaderSpawn false

vars.miniMap true

vars.playerRespawnTime 100

vars.playerManDownTime 100

Maplist 1 [0 - 10 people ]

Canals

Kharg

Opr Metro

Canals

Firestorm

Opr Metro

When im using this, it just runs kharg after completing canals, while the intension was that it should stick on canals, till the server exeeds more then 10 people and should swith to maplist 2

Also i want to use this in maplist 2;

Maplist 2 [10 - 18 people ]

Canals

Kharg

Opr Metro

Canals

Firestorm

Opr Metro

So that teh server keeps running canals and kharg !!

How do i a complish this?

Yeah, I suppose I didn't think that all the way through. The preset commands are only sent when they are changed, so that command is only being sent once. As a result, after a few rounds are played, it moves on. I suppose the plugin could be modified to do what you want, but I thought of another idea. Why not just set the number of rounds for the first map to 100. Then, the server will play that map until the map list was changed. I suppose it's theoretically possible that it could make it through the 100 rounds, but it's not likely. You could do the same thing on other map lists, too.

Originally Posted by tarreltje*:

Yeah, I suppose I didn't think that all the way through. The preset commands are only sent when they are changed, so that command is only being sent once. As a result, after a few rounds are played, it moves on. I suppose the plugin could be modified to do what you want, but I thought of another idea. Why not just set the number of rounds for the first map to 100. Then, the server will play that map until the map list was changed. I suppose it's theoretically possible that it could make it through the 100 rounds, but it's not likely. You could do the same thing on other map lists, too.

MMM this actualy could be working yes, just canals on 100 round and when the player cound is reached for the next map list it switches

Originally Posted by WileECyte*:

Running into a weird interface issue... When I have the MultiBalancer plug-in installed, part of the plugin settings interface for UltimateMapManager is cut off. It only shows my map lists, but all the settings above the map lists is hidden. As soon as I remove MultiBalancer, I can once again see all the settings for UMM. This means physically uninstalling the plugin (removing from the plugin folder) and recycling Procon. Has anyone else seen this?

Running into a weird interface issue... When I have the MultiBalancer plug-in installed, part of the plugin settings interface for UltimateMapManager is cut off. It only shows my map lists, but all the settings above the map lists is hidden. As soon as I remove MultiBalancer, I can once again see all the settings for UMM. This means physically uninstalling the plugin (removing from the plugin folder) and recycling Procon. Has anyone else seen this?

I just tested this and wasn't able to duplicate the problem. I'd also like to add that the problem you are describing is very strange and doesn't really make any sense from a programming standpoint.