Vote Ban

ImportBot

Originally Posted by TimSad*:

Bugs fixed for BF3 and BF4 by community contributors!

To download the combined BF3/BF4 patched version, click on the Download link below. On that page, click on the "zip" link of the highest numbered released version that you see there. Download the zip. Extract only the CVoteBan.cs file, none of the other files are needed and may actually cause problems. Shutdown Procon, upload the file to your layer and install in Plugins/BF3 and/or Plugins/BF4. If you have a previous install of CVoteBanBF3.cs, remove it, the two versions will conflict with each other if both are enabled! Restart Procon. This is a fresh new version, so if you had settings from the BF3-only version, you will have to re-enter them.

If you need the original BF3-only file, use the ZIP file attached to this post.

WARNING: Be extremely careful when changing In-Game Messages. Adding a newline or changing the number of lines in any way will corrupt all the messages that follow. If you are getting unexpected messages chatted or yelled, check to make sure your In-Game Messages don't have an extra or missing line. When in doubt, reset to default messages and start over with editing them.

Description

This plugin allows players to start a vote to ban or kick another player on the server. This is particularly useful to work against all the hackers we have seen so much of lately.

(Click for larger images!)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

In-Game Commands

• !voteban - Puts in a request to initiate a Vote Ban on the specified player.
  • !votekick - Puts in a request to initiate a Vote Kick on the specified player.
  • !yes

• Votes YES to ban/kick the player who has a Vote Ban/Kick in progress on them.
    • Also, agrees to the suggested name after misspelling a name when trying to Vote Ban or Vote Kick.
  • !no

• Votes NO to ban the player who has a Vote Ban in progress on them.
    • Also, disagrees to the suggested name after misspelling a name when trying to Vote Ban or Vote Kick.
  • !cancelvote - Cancels the current vote in progress. This command is only available to players who have an account created and are able to connect to the Procon Layer.

NOTE: These commands may be redefined by you in the plugin settings.

Settings

Vote Ban

• Enable Vote Ban? - Allows you to enable or disable the ability for players to Vote Ban.
  • Vote Ban Player Count Threshold - The minimum number of players that must be on the server for Vote Banning to be enabled.
  • Start Vote Ban Number - The number of !voteban requests needed to initiate a Vote Ban on the specified player.
  • Vote Ban Pass Percentage - The percentage of YES votes of the total players needed for a Vote Ban to pass.
  • Vote Ban Duration (in minutes) - How long Vote Bans last before they are ended.
  • Vote Ban Progress Display Interval (in seconds) - The recurring number of seconds that the progress of the current Vote Ban is displayed in chat.
  • Ban Type - The type of ban (GUID, Name, IP, or PB GUID) that is issued upon a successful Vote Ban.
  • Ban Duration - How long bans last upon a successful Vote Ban.
  • Ban Length (in minutes) - If Ban Duration is set to Temporary, bans last for this length of time before they expire.
  • Ban Reason Message - Set this to whatever you would like the ban reason to be upon a successful Vote Ban. (Use %player% for the banned player and %reason% for the reason the players Vote Banned the player.)

Vote Kick

• Enable Vote Kick? - Allows you to enable or disable the ability for players to Vote Kick.
  • Vote Kick Player Count Threshold - The minimum number of players that must be on the server for Vote Kicking to be enabled.
  • Start Vote Kick Number - The number of !votekick requests needed to initiate a Vote Kick on the specified player.
  • Vote Kick Pass Percentage - The percentage of YES votes of the total players needed for a Vote Kick to pass.
  • Vote Kick Duration (in minutes) - How long Vote Kicks last before they are ended.
  • Vote Kick Progress Display Interval (in seconds) - The recurring number of seconds that the progress of the current Vote Kick is displayed in chat.

Hack Cry Responder

• Enable Hack Cry Responder? - Allows you to enable or disable the Hack Cry Responder.
  • Hack Cry Trigger Number - The number of times that the word "hack" needs to be said in chat, recurrently, to trigger the responder.
  • Hack Cry Trigger Response - The server message response sent when the responder is triggered. (Use %vbcommand% and %vkcommand% for your currently set Vote Ban and Vote Kick commands.)
  • Additional Triggers - Any additional words in chat that you would like to trigger the responder.

Whitelist

This whitelist guards admins as well as additional players of your choice from being Vote Banned/Kicked. It recognizes players as admins if they have an account created and are able to connect to the Procon Layer.

• In-Game Names - Allows you to add additional players to the whitelist.
  • Clan Tags - Allows you to add Clan Tags to protect the wearer of any tag from being Vote Banned/Kicked.
  • Action Taken - The action taken (None, Kill, Kick, Temporarily Ban, Permanently Ban) against a player that tries to Vote Ban/Kick a player in the whitelist.
  • Temporary Ban Length (in minutes) - If Action Taken is set to Temporarily Ban, bans last for this length of time before they expire.

In-Game Commands

These allow you to customize the in-game commands for this plugin.

• Vote Ban Commands - The commands used to initiate a Vote Ban.
  • Vote Kick Commands - The commands used to initiate a Vote Kick.
  • Yes Commands - The commands used to vote yes to the vote in progress. (Also used to confirm a suggested player name.)
  • No Commands - The commands used to vote no to the vote in progress. (Also used to deny a suggested player name.)
  • Cancel Vote Commands - The commands used to cancel the vote in progress.

In-Game Messages

This allows you to customize all the messages that this plugin sends to the server.

• Reset Messages? - Use this to retrieve the default list of messages. This is useful when you may have made a mistake and messages start to not show up.
  • Message List - The list containing all the messages that this plugin sends to the server. Be careful not to delete any lines otherwise things will go wrong!

Future Plans

• Add Vote Kick.
  • Find out how to implement the player name suggestion when a player misspells the name of the one he requests a Vote Ban on.
  • Add a whitelist so that admins cannot be voted against. Also allow the option to slay, kick, or ban whoever attempts an admin Vote Ban.
  • Add the option of the Ban Type.

Known Issues

Changing the In-Game messages can cause problems if you aren't careful. You MUST NOT change the line-endings or total number of lines. Accidentally adding a newline somewhere will corrupt all the messages the follow. Sometimes the Procon GUI for editing texts adds newlines that you don't intend.

It is not perfect when it comes to getting a suggested player name but most of the time it is right on the money especially when it comes to the hacker-type names with numerous capital 'i's and lowercase 'L's such as "AIlrBIlAIIljIloA" (I made sure of it).

(FIXED as of 2.0.1.0) System.Timers seems to be faulty in Procon plugins and some Timers (such as the one that controls the Vote Progress Display every x seconds) are, on rare occasions, unable to be disabled during run time. This causes an infinite loop of any of the timed events in this plugin even when the vote should have ended. The only solution is to restart your Procon running the plugin.

Conflict - If you are an admin and are using !yes or !no for the In-Game Admin plugin, this plugin will also respond to it with "There is no vote in progress" if there is no vote going on or will vote if there is a vote going on. This conflict should hardly be of any consequence but for a solution you can just redefine the voting commands in the plugin settings.

When a Vote Kick has already been initiated on a player and someone puts a request in to initiate another Vote Kick later in that round, the number of requests goes below 0 since it isn't reset until a new round.

Version 1.3.0 - The percentage required for a Vote Ban to be successful is incorrect. I accidentally have it to where it'll take the Vote Kick percentage. Look here to fix... myrcon.net/...vote-ban#entry22575

Change Log

2.0.1.0 (14-APR-2014)

• messages no longer spam forever
  • disabling the plugin cancels any vote in progress
  • team and squad chat of commands are now handled
  • fixed problem of player name being used instead of PB GUID for PB GUID bans
  • cancel votekick if player leaves, no change for voteban
  • force reset of all vote variables no matter how the round ends
  • removed "BF3" from messages
  • don't trigger hacker cry response if the trigger words are in the voteban/votekick reason
1.5.0 (07/04/2012)

• added Clan Tags to the Whitelist
  • fixed Vote Ban percentage required (paragraph 5 under "Known Issues")
  • added the ability to add more than one of each in-game command
  • voting commands can now have spaces in them
  • added player thresholds for Vote Ban and Vote Kick
  • adjusted suggested player algorithm to where if your substring matches any player name, it'll pick that player and not give you a suggested player name
1.3.0 (05/17/2012)

• added the ability to customize all of the messages that this plugin sends to the server
  • fixed paragraphs 3 and 4 under "Known Issues"
1.2.0 (03/29/2012)

• now bans Vote Ban victims (upon Vote Ban succession) that leave the server before the vote succeeds
  • makes use of the now functioning admin.yell command for a few of the major messages
1.1.0 (01/24/2012)

• added the requirement of the first Vote Ban request to supply a reason
  • added the ability to customize the In-Game commands
  • added the option to enter additional Hack Cry Responder chat triggers
  • added %vbcommand% and %vkcommand% to be used in the response of the Hack Cry Responder
  • added the ability to customize the ban reason from a Vote Ban (use %player% and %reason% wherever you'd like!)
1.0.0 (01/17/2012)

• added the option of the Ban Type used in Vote Bans
  • added the option of the Ban Duration used in Vote Bans
  • added a whitelist so that admins and other specified players are guarded against Vote Bans/Kicks
  • added a !cancelvote command usable by admins
0.8.0 (01/13/2012)

• fixed the Plugin Enable/Disable messages in the Plugin console (very minor fix - had my previous plugin's messages)
  • fixed the suggested player name algorithm - now works perfectly!
0.7.5 (01/13/2012)

• added the ability to enable Vote Kick
  • added an algorithm to suggest a player name upon the misspelling of a player's name while attempting a !voteban or !votekick
  • added the Hack Cry Responder feature

Attached Files:

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by badlizz*:

I have seen this in action on another server, was it released elsewhere already ? Or does someone else have something similar?

Was a metro server that had a hack on it and we vote banned him off. Took quite a lot of votes, but it did work, but he came back 3 minutes later with a slightly different name. :sad:

I have seen this in action on another server, was it released elsewhere already ? Or does someone else have something similar?

Was a metro server that had a hack on it and we vote banned him off. Took quite a lot of votes, but it did work, but he came back 3 minutes later with a slightly different name. :sad:

There is another one by XpKiller but it is a bit outdated and doesn't work out very smoothly in BF3. You can't tell what's going on during the voting. For example, I don't believe there is anything that shows the status of the vote in progress. Mine shows this every X (user defined) seconds...

Vote Progress - Yes Votes: X No Votes: X

X more Yes votes needed to ban PlayerName...

It may have been my Metro server that you stumbled upon. Check my signature for details. I installed this plugin on my servers yesterday and already have 5 player Vote Bans on my Operation Metro server.

EDIT: Oh, but if you believe he came back with a different name, it probably wasn't my server because my plugin bans by GUID only as of now. So, he would have been gone for good unless he used another account.

Originally Posted by Dudenell*:

Not sure what the issue is but it's broken. I installed it in /Plugins/BF3 folder on my procon layer. When I initiate a voteban

!voteban playername

it says what it's supposed to, but when another player types !yes the plugin responds that there are currently no votes in progress. Also no display interval is being shown. I wish I could provide you with more info but that's it.

Originally Posted by badlizz*:

It may have been my Metro server that you stumbled upon. Check my signature for details. I installed this plugin on my servers yesterday and already have 5 player Vote Bans on my Operation Metro server.

EDIT: Oh, but if you believe he came back with a different name, it probably wasn't my server because my plugin bans by GUID only as of now. So, he would have been gone for good unless he used another account.

oh it was you, I think it was a glitch where it kept showing the kill messages after he was already gone, not sure now. Anyway good job :smile: Thanks, will probably give this a whirl.

Originally Posted by Kilack*:

It would be nice if we could choose the action of the vote..

eg ban or pb ban, or even a kick.. and with the bans be able to choose if they are temp bans and for xx duration.

I like the idea of players being able to get rid of trouble hackers if im not around but not really sure i trust them with perm bans..

some recommended values would be good too, a starting off point..

the vote progress feature is great, but i dont want to give players on my server the ability to ban to avoid power abuse.

looking forward to the votekick ability.

I find that it is not much of a problem when having Start Vote Number set to 3 then a fairly high percentage of required !yes votes after that.

Not sure what the issue is but it's broken. I installed it in /Plugins/BF3 folder on my procon layer. When I initiate a voteban

!voteban playername

it says what it's supposed to, but when another player types !yes the plugin responds that there are currently no votes in progress. Also no display interval is being shown. I wish I could provide you with more info but that's it.

What is your Start Vote Number set to? If it is still set to the plugin default of 3 it will take 3 players to type !voteban PlayerName to initiate (start) the Vote Ban. When someone requests a !voteban PlayerName, it'll show in chat how many more are required to get the vote going and then players use !yes or !no to vote.

It would be nice if we could choose the action of the vote..

eg ban or pb ban, or even a kick.. and with the bans be able to choose if they are temp bans and for xx duration.

I like the idea of players being able to get rid of trouble hackers if im not around but not really sure i trust them with perm bans..

some recommended values would be good too, a starting off point..

All on my To Do list... :smile:

Originally Posted by woowoo*:

Very interested in this but agree that I would prefer to use a temp ban instead of a ban. Additionally need the white list.

Tim - many are interested in this as a counter to the number of hackers. Thanks for your efforts.

Updated!

0.7.5 (01/13/2012)

• added the ability to enable Vote Kick
  • added an algorithm to suggest a player name upon the misspelling of a player's name while attempting a !voteban or !votekick
  • added the Hack Cry Responder feature

Originally Posted by bambam*:

TimSad can I suggest another algorithm for finding the correct player name that's been found to be more convenient when used in-game with ProconRulz:

E.g. to ban player "Bambam_ofc"

1) Aggrieved player types: "!voteban bam"

2) Plugin scans the list of names of ALL in-game players, looking for the string LOWERCASE("bam") ANYWHERE in each LOWERCASE(playername).

3) if the plugin finds a SINGLE match, e.g. with playername "Bambam_ofc" then that playername is accepted and plugin proceeds with the vote without needing confirmation, giving the usual message "Voteban Bambam_ofc? Type !yes or !no"

4) if the plugin finds NO matches, it says "No playername found matching "bam" for Voteban"

5) if the plugin finds MULTIPLE matches, it only needs to keep one (e.g. the first) and says "Did you mean bamzleworzle_" etc

This means you do not have to type the full player name to kick some hacker with an intentionally convoluted name, in your example event "!votekick ai" would work, and the code is not much more complicated than the code you have already.

Originally Posted by micovery*:

Here is another suggestion for finding the best match for an input name, within a list of names.

This is what I use Insane Limits for getting the best match for player names, and weapon names. It's similar to the algorithm used in spell-checker suggestions in word processing software (e.g Microsoft Word).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levenshtein_distance

It uses a modified Levenshtein Distance algorithm where insertions and deletions are counted with 0 cost.

You pass it a string, and a list of candidates to match.

Code:

String input = "Tommmmy";
      List<String> names = new List<String>(new String[] { "Timsad", "Milhouse", "Thomas", "etc" });

int edit_distance = 0;

String match = best_match(input, names, out edit_distance);
The result match is the word from the list of names that best matches your input string. The edit_distance is the number of edit operations that need to be done in order to transform, the input string, into the matched string ... edit distance of 0 means is a perfect match ... the larger the edit distance, the less perfect the match is.

Code:

public string best_match(String name, List<String> names, out int best_distance)
{
    best_distance = int.MaxValue;

//do the obvious check first
    if (names.Contains(name))
    {
        best_distance = 0;
        return name;
    }

//name is not in the list, find the best match
    String best_match = null;

// first try to see if any of the names contains target name as substring, so we can reduce the search
    Dictionary<String, String> sub_names = new Dictionary<string, string>();

String name_lower = name.ToLower();

for (int i = 0; i < names.Count; i++)
    {
        String cname = names[i].ToLower();
        if (cname.Equals(name_lower))
            return names[i];
        else if (cname.Contains(name_lower) && !sub_names.ContainsKey(cname))
            sub_names.Add(cname, names[i]);
    }

if (sub_names.Count > 0)
        names = new List<string>(sub_names.Keys);

if (sub_names.Count == 1)
    {
        // we can optimize, and exit early
        best_match = sub_names[names[0]];
        best_distance = Math.Abs(best_match.Length - name.Length);
        return best_match;
    }

// find the best/fuzzy match using modified Leveshtein algorithm              
    foreach (String cname in names)
    {
        int distance = LevenshteinDistance(name, cname);
        if (distance < best_distance)
        {
            best_distance = distance;
            best_match = cname;
        }
    }

if (best_match == null)
        return null;

best_distance += Math.Abs(name.Length - best_match.Length);

// if we searched through sub-names, get the actual match
    if (sub_names.Count > 0 && sub_names.ContainsKey(best_match))
        best_match = sub_names[best_match];

return best_match;
}

// modified algorithm to ignore insertions, and case

public static int LevenshteinDistance(string s, string t)
{
    s = s.ToLower();
    t = t.ToLower();

int n = s.Length;
    int m = t.Length;

int[,] d = new int[n + 1, m + 1];

if (n == 0)
        return m;

if (m == 0)
        return n;

for (int i = 0; i <= n; d[i, 0] = i++) ;
    for (int j = 0; j <= m; d[0, j] = j++) ;

for (int i = 1; i <= n; i++)
        for (int j = 1; j <= m; j++)
            d[i, j] = Math.Min(Math.Min(d[i - 1, j] + 1, d[i, j - 1] + 0), d[i - 1, j - 1] + ((t[j - 1] == s[i - 1]) _ 0 : 1));

return d[n, m];
}

Well, this is embarrassing... The whole time I've had it display my previous plugin's Plugin Enable/Disable messages. I've now fixed that and have found out why my Suggesgted Player Name algorithm wasn't working perfectly.

Here's the section of the change of code that I had to implement. It was just one simple if statement that needed to be added...

Code:

// initializes votedProbability List to be of proportional size to players List
for (int i = 0; i < transformedPlayerNames.Count; i++)
  votedProbability.Add(0);

for (int indexStart = 0; indexStart < transformedCurrentVotedPlayer.Length - 1; indexStart++)
{
  for (int currSubStrSize = 1; currSubStrSize <= transformedCurrentVotedPlayer.Length - indexStart; currSubStrSize++)
  {
    {
       if (transformedPlayerNames[i].Contains(transformedCurrentVotedPlayer.Substring(indexStart, currSubStrSize)))
         [b]votedProbability[i] = currSubStrSize;[/b]
    }
  }
}
To:

Code:

// initializes votedProbability List to be of proportional size to players List
  votedProbability.Add(0);

for (int indexStart = 0; indexStart < transformedCurrentVotedPlayer.Length - 1; indexStart++)
{
  for (int currSubStrSize = 1; currSubStrSize <= transformedCurrentVotedPlayer.Length - indexStart; currSubStrSize++)
  {
    {
       if (transformedPlayerNames[i].Contains(transformedCurrentVotedPlayer.Substring(indexStart, currSubStrSize)))
      {
        [b]if (votedProbability[i] < currSubStrSize)
          votedProbability[i] = currSubStrSize;[/b]
      }
    }
  }
}
Anyways...

0.8.0 (01/13/2012)

• fixed the Plugin Enable/Disable messages in the Plugin console (very minor fix - had my previous plugin's messages)
  • fixed the suggested player name algorithm - now works perfectly!

Originally Posted by RoTide*:

Feature Requests:

-Edit the kick/ban reason (reported to procon for ease of cleaning up the ban list).

-Allow for time based bans (temp bans) and fully configurable. I'd hate to have the community jump on someone and have them permanently banned. Mob justice isn't always.. just..

-Whitelist/Punish for trying to ban admins.

Awesome work so far! Just enabled this plugin on my server in lieu of another like it!

Working perfectly, very good plugin!

Thank you! :smile:

I just got the Ban Types working. Tested them all and they work as intended... I'm gonna work on the Temp Ban option and whitelist then I'll release a new update including all 3 of those mentioned.

Originally Posted by Kilack*:

Cry hack thing is a good idea but would be even better if we can add keywords.

eg tonight more subtle hacker was on, eg wasnt triggering kill rates etc but half the opposition team were chatting "AIMBOT"

so if you can either let us add our own words, or add the word aimbot also, as aimbot is used lots..

great plugin

Originally Posted by storm896*:

Just wanted to say we have been using this plugin for around a week, and it has been working amazing. It really gives the players in our server a sense of security when all of our admins are at work. It has also been successfully used on multiple occasions.