Vote Ban

ImportBot

Originally Posted by TimSad*:

Posting this for the ability to attach a file. This is a modified version for FaNtASyGiRL...

Hey, here's a different rendition of the plugin that allows you to add more than 1 Yes and No command. I should be able to eventually do the same with all the other commands as well. As far as the messages within the plugin go... For the messages that display those Yes and No commands, they will take the first one that is in the list.

Tell me if there is anything wrong with it. :smile:
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any idea why it wont kick a player ? enabled votekick but when they all voted on a player he was not kicked :biggrin:

Do you know if you're still having this problem? Are you sure that you aren't talking about a Vote Ban with ban type set to GUID? Because before the last update there were issues with the player information like GUID not coming up for players when they entered servers from the queue.

Originally Posted by Mgalbraith*:

Having an issue where the number of votes required does not match the percentage i entered for the number of players on the system.

With 64 players, i set it to 60% and it always say 13 votes required. Doesnt matter what i change the percentage to..

Is there a reason for this?

----Later----

I think there is an error in line 1346 of the code. I have changed it and it appears to be working now. You may wish to investigate this as it appears to use the votekick percentage for the voteban in error. I only noticed this as the two had different percentages.

Thanks

MrMickeyG

Having an issue where the number of votes required does not match the percentage i entered for the number of players on the system.

With 64 players, i set it to 60% and it always say 13 votes required. Doesnt matter what i change the percentage to..

Is there a reason for this?

----Later----

I think there is an error in line 1346 of the code. I have changed it and it appears to be working now. You may wish to investigate this as it appears to use the votekick percentage for the voteban.

Thanks

MrMickeyG

WTF_!_! You're totally right! I think this solves someone else's problem earlier on in this thread... Wow, so many downloads of this plugin and this is now finally caught. Thanks for that! I think this is something that was changed in the last update that I overlooked. I'll try to add more features as people have requested and a fix for that later. For now, if people wanna fix it for themselves, go to line 1346 as Mgalbraith said and change this...

Code:

yesVotesNeeded = (Convert.ToInt32((playerCount * (votePercentageRequired * .01))) > 0) _ Convert.ToInt32((playerCount * ([b]voteKickPercentageRequired[/b] * .01))) : 1;
to this...

Code:

yesVotesNeeded = (Convert.ToInt32((playerCount * (votePercentageRequired * .01))) > 0) _ Convert.ToInt32((playerCount * ([b]votePercentageRequired[/b] * .01))) : 1;
Please note: This issue is only present in version 1.3.0!

Originally Posted by sami31140*:

hello I would like to know how to install the plugins voteban BF3 because when I moved in there n Procon not appear dansla list of plugins I have nothing but mid plugin/bf3 in fact neither can you help me thank you

Updated!...

1.5.0 (07/04/2012)

• added Clan Tags to the Whitelist
  • fixed Vote Ban percentage required (paragraph 5 under "Known Issues")
  • added the ability to add more than one of each in-game command
  • voting commands can now have spaces in them
  • added player thresholds for Vote Ban and Vote Kick
  • adjusted suggested player algorithm to where if your substring matches any player name, it'll pick that player and not give you a suggested player name

Hello all, I really like the idea of this plugin! :smile:

Is there a recommended settings anywhere for this_?

Thanks

mrix

My recommended settings are already set when you first load the plugin. Just enable Vote Ban, Vote Kick, and Hack Cry Responder then you have everything set how I would suggest.
  • 3 weeks later...

Originally Posted by Flyer*:

I'm having trouble with this. Im getting this error

Compiling CVoteBanBF3.cs... Errors or Warnings

CVoteBanBF3.cs (Line: 24, C: 30) CS0246: The type or namespace name 'PRoConPluginAPI' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference_)

I'm having trouble with this. Im getting this error

Compiling CVoteBanBF3.cs... Errors or Warnings

CVoteBanBF3.cs (Line: 24, C: 30) CS0246: The type or namespace name 'PRoConPluginAPI' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference_)

Do you have any other plugins installed and are they also giving you this error? Try redownloading and reinstalling this plugin and tell me what happens...

Originally Posted by Mgalbraith*:

Hi -

I'm having an issue on occasions where a voteban will be initiated for whatever reason and then the voting will never end. IT will continue to repeat the same messages until i restart Procon.

I think this occurs if the player leaves mid vote or some other abnormal circumstance.

If i try !cancelvote it says there is no vote in progress.

Anyone else had the same problem?

Originally Posted by ArcticWolf*:

Hi,

We've just installed this plug-in on to our servers (Procon = 1.3.0.0, plug-in = V 1.5.0), but unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be working at all :sad:!!!!!

It is not responding to !votekick [name] [reason], @votekick [name] [reason], !voteban [name] [reason], or @voteban [name] [reason] in any way at all. Additionally, since enabling the plug-in, it is not generating any server messages at all either.

It seems to start up OK when Procon has been restarted, ( [18:54:54] OK CAdaptiveServerSize CInGameAdmin CSpambot CTrueBalancerBF3 CVoteBanBF3 ).......But then, nothing after that.

I have enabled the hack cry responder, the voteban, and votekick options, and set up the various thresholds and settings as per the authors advised presets.

Our Procon runs with Sandbox mode enabled to allow TrueBalancer to function properly.

I FTP'd the .cs file up onto the Procon server, and restarted Procon. I've tried several restarts of our Procon server, and tried disabling, then enabling the plug-in itself several times also, but still it does not appear to work.

YES!!! I have asked for people to test it in game, and nothing!!

Any hints, tips, or advise please guys? As this plug-in isn't functioning at all!!

Regards,

Wolfy.

Originally Posted by JetroWillems*:

I'm also struggling getting the plugin to work.

I've placed the class file into the plugins\BF3 folder and in the event section it says it succesfully loaded.

However, it doesn't show in the plugins section under loaded plugins.

Using version 1.5 of the plugin and version 1.3 of Procon.

Any idea what's causing this? other plugins seem to work fine.

Thanks.

I wonder why you all are having troubles with this. Suddenly there are quite a few of you having issues with the plugin not working. Must have something to do with the new version of Procon? I'll look into it sometime soon here...

Hi Tim,

Many thanks for your reply, and hope you have the time to look into this soon :smile:.

Indeed, something isn't right at all m8. This is not to criticise, merely an observation, and I fully understand the hours of hard work that people like yourself put into these plug-ins.

Today I logged on to our clan/community TS server, to be told that on 1 out of our 4 servers, sometimes a server message was being generated for the command to initiate a !~@voteban. But otherwise, still no !~@votekick or other server messages are being generated, and it is all completely random and sporadic.

On our other 3 servers, still nothing at all!!!

I've noticed that there is another votekick plug-in available, but I'll hold off on changing it out for now to see if you can find the problem.

BTW, in a previous post you recommended to one individual that they re-download the plug-in and upload it again. I was sent this plug-in by a third party, do you have a download link please______?

Our clan/community usually donates to the authors of working bug free plug-ins as well. If our treasurer authorises a donation, do you have anything set up for people to send you a donation m8?

Hope you can track down the issue soon.

Kind regards,

Wolfy.

-----

EDIT: I've read back through many previous posts and this plug-in is new to me. Please forgive me if I'm missing something here, but in the "In-Game Messages" Whitelist; Lines such as the following:-

----- WARNING! Don't set this next message AND the previous 2 messages to yell as they happen simultaneously! -----

Should I be removing instances of this warning line, (as it's obviously not meant to be sent as a server message), or should I /////comment them out? Are they affecting the server messages or the plug-in as a whole if left in place please?

OK. I've fixed mine LOL :smile:!!!! as far as I can tell, it is now working properly on all of our servers.

In our Procon under the Vote Ban BF3 plug-in --> Edit the "Vote Ban Commands", "Vote Kick Commands", "Yes Commands", "No Commands", and "Cancel Vote Commands"....

....Simply remove the @voteban, @votekick, @yes, @no, and @cancelvote from the String[]Array for each one.

Leave the !voteban, !votekick, !yes, !no, and !cancelvote as they are.

Restart Procon, fixed :smile:. Hope this helps others too!!!!

I'm not an expert on such matters, but as we all know, the In-Game admin plug-in uses the same @yes and @no commands, (and obviously !yes and !no too). Perhaps there is some manner of conflict here that is affecting 1, or both plug-ins__?

LOL. May have spoken too soon. It's stopped working again on 1 server.

Ergo, it is working, but there is definitely some glitch or issue that simply needs finding and fixing :smile:.

Originally Posted by grizzlybeer*:

all pb bans, both temp and perm are maintained in the same list with the difference that perm bans have -1 where temp bans have the time in minutes.

take these entries for example:

perm: PunkBuster Server: 37 35d4b3f1459f73967084c656e4c2387a {0/-1} "___" "___" Baserape

temp: PunkBuster Server: 38 fbf6f46d24267017620450637a1aae0e {137/137} "___" "__" Cheater banned by GGC-Stream.com

as you can see entry 38 is a temp ban for 137 minutes that already has expired. entry 37 is a permanent ban that will never expire.

so you dont need to remove temp bans since they simply expire.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping.

Still having the same issues as previously posted!!

Any improvements made or suggestions please?

Otherwise, we might have to switch over to an alternate :sad:.

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

Bumping.

Still having the same issues as previously posted!!

Any improvements made or suggestions please?

Otherwise, we might have to switch over to an alternate :sad:.

When you say "no server messages", what do you mean exactly? No chat messages and/or no yell messages?

We're trying to debug this generally. It might not be an issue with this plugin specifically. It might be an interaction with one of the recent updates, either a server update or a PRoCon update. It might even be a .Net 3.5 update issue. We need more detailed debugging to understand what the real problem is.

The most useful thing would be to post a console.log from a day when it was working (the BEFORE) and a console.log from a later date when it was not working (the AFTER), everything else being equal as possible, same BF3 server, same layer, same account, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by pharbehind*:

I can't provide a log, but this is what I experience:

- No response from server via yell or chat after someone types !votekick playername

- No console readout in procon

It's like a dead plugin, can't tell if its even counting or not.

Originally Posted by Mootart*:

I can't provide a log, but this is what I experience:

- No response from server via yell or chat after someone types !votekick playername

- No console readout in procon

It's like a dead plugin, can't tell if its even counting or not.

same here plugin is loaded. but tried to issue the command nothing responds. even hack cry is not responding.

any ideas?

Yup, these are amongst the issues I was describing.

Can't supply a .log either, as the plug-in isn't outputting to console logging either :sad:.

I've had to pull the plug-in, which is a shame, as it's certainly the best one available when working. From memory some of the issues I came across were.....

Hack cry responder works, even with new words added to the whitelist. BUT, if you have both the Votekick and the Voteban enabled in the plug-in, it only offers to voteban the player when it detects a hack cry, it doesn't offer both options to votekick or voteban. This is the only time I could get the plug-in to output any text to the chatbox

Otherwise, the plug-in doesn't output any other preset messages to the chatbox, so players have no idea that they can initiate a votekick or a voteban.

If you initiate a votekick or voteban on a player, there is no output to the chatbox to say a vote has been started for other players to then vote too.

The Votekick wouldn't work at all once a vote was started when testing, and no output to the chatbox.

The only thing that did work flawlessly, was if a player initiated a votekick/voteban upon a player with clan tags added to the whitelist, they would be auto-kicked.

I've seen this plug-in working on other servers in the past, (months ago now though), it worked very well, and I saw the intended output of text to the chatbox. But, since installation, this plug-in just isn't behaving as intended at all.

On ALL of my favourite servers I used to see this plug-in working on too, NONE of them now have it working, OR, they have the same problem, in that the plug-in isn't outputting the intended text to the chatbox for people to know it is available/running!!

Please don't get me wrong guys, I'm not complaining, just trying to get you some additional information you need to look into this. I fully understand you code these plug-ins in your spare time, and in many cases, completely free, for which we are grateful :smile:!!