Vote Ban

ImportBot

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by HexaCanon*:

can we have X threshold to accept the votekick process, and then it calculates the percentages of the yes and no votes and then proceeds to action

settings :

vote threshold : 6

pass percentage : 50

example of how it works:

new vote kick initiated

v

7 people voted (4 yes , 3 no) ---> vote process accepted

v

calculate percentage

v

vote yes percentage = 57% ---> vote passed

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

it is more convenient, specifying % of players is kinda "lame".

if i want the vote to pass when 9 players votes in 64 man map i should type "14.0625", and i dont know how you calculate the percentage it might scale with the amount of players online .. so "14.0625" wont equal 9 players if there were say 50 players online.

my idea is that no matter how many players are online or the size of the server. if X players voted and more than Y% are positive votes then vote passes into an action.

Originally Posted by TimSad*:

How I have it set up is once the Vote Ban or Vote Kick is initiated, it gets the number of players currently loaded into the server and sets the number of required Yes Votes based off of your percentage that you have set.

Sooo, let's say I have a 64 player server and a vote to ban someone is set in motion while there are only 57 players in game at that time. My plugin's variable, yesVotesNeeded, is set to the current number of players (57 in this case) times your percentage required set in the plugin settings. If it is still set to the default plugin setting of 40, that means yesVotesNeeded is set to 23 (57 * .40 = 22.8 rounded up).

Here's what that section of code looks like...

Code:

if (needPlayerCount)
{
  int playerCount = players.Count;

if (voteType == "ban")
    yesVotesNeeded = Convert.ToInt32((playerCount * (votePercentageRequired * .01)));
  else if (voteType == "kick")
    yesVotesNeeded = Convert.ToInt32((playerCount * (voteKickPercentageRequired * .01)));

needPlayerCount = false;
}

Originally Posted by Kilack*:

Another idea is to be able to give a reason for the voteban when starting..

eg !voteban

Ive seen lots of votes where half the players have no idea why he was voted.

The reason should be displayed in the vote progress...

just an idea..

hi,

I have the voteban duration set to 120. I was surprised to see that when i looked in the banlist today there was a player than had been banned and under remaning in procon it says permanent..

a bug perhaps? using 0.8

hi,

I have the voteban duration set to 120. I was surprised to see that when i looked in the banlist today there was a player than had been banned and under remaning in procon it says permanent..

a bug perhaps? using 0.8

Vote Ban Duration is the length of time that the vote in progress takes place. Currently, bans are only permanent. I do have an incoming update that will allow you to set the Ban Duration, though. :smile:

Updated!

1.0.0 (01/17/2012)

• added the option of the Ban Type used in Vote Bans
  • added the option of the Ban Duration used in Vote Bans
  • added a whitelist so that admins and other specified players are guarded against Vote Bans/Kicks
  • added a !cancelvote command usable by admins

Vote Ban Duration is the length of time that the vote in progress takes place. Currently, bans are only permanent. I do have an incoming update that will allow you to set the Ban Duration, though. :smile:

ahhh sorry, not sure what i was smoking.

You hardly even see people voting no so I'm not sure how useful that would be.

well it is just a feature that is more convenient in my opinion, it is your plugin, you decide how it will work. i wont force my opinion on you :smile:

Originally Posted by Flyswamper*:

Just throwing my 2 bits out there on the thresholds for a vote passing. Here's how I *THINK* I might wish for it to be....

Admin specifies 3 variables:

Minimum # of votes required for ban/kick to take effect: 15

Minimum % of players casting votes for kick/ban to take effect: 50%

Minimum % of voters in favor of kick/ban for it to take effect: 90%

If any of these 3 thresholds were not met, then the kick/ban would not occur. My line of thinking goes something like this....

First threshold is needed so that a server with just 5 people in it can't arbitrarily kick/ban others (lets say a clan of 4 decides to kick some lone non-clan guy)

Second threshold is needed so that the hacker is obvious enough that a majority of the server bothers to vote.

Last one is needed to make sure overwhelming majority of voters agree player needs to be kicked/banned.

Just my random thoughts/wishes....

I really really like the idea of the plugin, but...... I'd prefer to not kick/ban anybody in this automated way unless there was a LOT of voters (not just a high percentage of a small server population) and the OVERWHELMING majority was pretty sure the target was hacking. Plenty of hackers out there than need to be caught, but also plenty of people out that which aren't emotionally stable enough to tell a hacker from someone that *MIGHT* just be good.

Flyswapper, very good point but that seems to make it really difficult for a vote to pass if the server is actually full with 64 players. I've also found my players to be trustworthy when it comes to Vote Banning/Kicking so far... I could possibly add a plugin variable that lets you specify how many players need to be in the server for Vote Bans/Kicks to be active if you think that might help.

Flyswapper, very good point but that seems to make it really difficult for a vote to pass if the server is actually full with 64 players. I've also found my players to be trustworthy when it comes to Vote Banning/Kicking so far... I could possibly add a plugin variable that lets you specify how many players need to be in the server for Vote Bans/Kicks to be active if you think that might help.

flyswamper suggestion is good, just make them optional which variables we want to use.

remember it is optional values. not forced.

so in terms of your server monitoring everything will be fine.

guess I'm really new at this but how do I go about setting in game admins XD

Thanks for the help so far! :smile:

It allows the players that have accounts set up on your Procon Layer with "Allow Remote Console access to layer" checked to use !cancelvote.

Originally Posted by Guy0510*:

For the whitelist option, would it be possible to use the reserved slots list in Procon? Panther did this with his TrueBalancer plug-in and it works great because there is only one list to manage for all plugins that use it instead of maintaining multiple whitelists on multiple plugins.

For the whitelist option, would it be possible to use the reserved slots list in Procon? Panther did this with his TrueBalancer plug-in and it works great because there is only one list to manage for all plugins that use it instead of maintaining multiple whitelists on multiple plugins.

Perhaps I could work that into the plugin, to use that in addition. Not too bad of an idea...

Updated!

1.1.0 (01/24/2012)

• added the requirement of the first Vote Ban request to supply a reason
  • added the ability to customize the In-Game commands
  • added the option to enter additional Hack Cry Responder chat triggers
  • added %vbcommand% and %vkcommand% to be used in the response of the Hack Cry Responder
  • added the ability to customize the ban reason from a Vote Ban (use %player% and %reason% wherever you'd like!)

It'll send that message every 2 times someone says one of those words. For example...

[ALL] TimSad: We've got a hacker!

[ALL] slowpony: yeah, it's an aimbot

[ADMIN] Is there a hacker on? Type !voteban to initiate a Vote Ban!

[ALL] Snake_BF3: get this cheat out of here!

[ALL] Rawzon: What's going on?

[ALL] HaNg_MaN: yeah, he's hacking big time!

[ADMIN] Is there a hacker on? Type !voteban to initiate a Vote Ban!

Also, "hack" is the one trigger word that is part of this responder whether it's in the list or not...

Originally Posted by HaNg_MaN*:

ALL] 17:30 TimSad: We've got a hacker!

[ALL] 17:33 slowpony: yeah, it's an aimbot

Is the time between the typed infinite? So too can a 2-3 minutes elapse between the words and the message still comes?

Or the words must be written within a certain time so that the message comes?

Hey TimSad,

I finally downloaded and installed this despite my fears of what could happen in a low-population situation. I'd like to throw out a few more random (not well-thought-out) idea to see if any of it sticks in your mind as a half-decent (instead of half-baked) idea.

Idea #1 (probably easiest to implement): Do as you already suggested, add a variable so that the whole voteban process can not be initiated unless there are X number of players in the server.

Idea #2 (needs better thinking but...): Add some sort of table that lets admin say what to do with varying server populations. Something like:

Population:Votes-required

9 : -1 (means inactive with this many players)

10 : 8

15 : 10

20 : 12

30 : 15

40 : 20

50 : 25

64 : 30

So...if there were say 34 people in the server, it would need 15 kick/ban votes for the process to succeed.

Yeah...I know... this is probably messy, complicated, and I'm not the one doing the coding..... but hey.... it's just a random thought and if it sticks then great, if not... I just appreciate ya listening to my worries.

i like this one buth missing 2 features.

1) If an admin is connected ingame then !voteban !votekick is disabled

On my groups server, the admins are the ones that will camp/seed the server. So having admin in-game is quite often just an admin that is AFK. So.... if this were implemented, I would certainly hope it was optional on/off behavior....

Originally Posted by badlizz*:

Timsad need some help, had a group of 3 guys on my server, population was very low, they started vote banning everyone else, and because there were only a few people on, the votes went through. Now I want to unban those players but I can't figure out where the bans went?

Please help me. :/

*edit, found it at long last, was in pbbans.dat file