Advanced In-Game Admin and Ban Enforcer - AdKats

Message added by Prophet731,

If you've been banned from a server then you will need to appeal the ban with the owners/community of that server. We do not control any bans done on servers that utilize AdKats as all bans are local to that server.

Originally Posted by Hutchew*:

We use the punish system based on pre-messages only. Works great. Would also advise against letting a player know his "points", but It looks like that has already been canned.

Don't care if we send you anonymous data, if it helps to further the efforts you and your team are striving for. Make it user-selectable, I suppose.

First post needs to be updated with new version and stat-logger. Still stuck on previous version, so people looking for latest version have to dig through this thread to find it.

Good work, Col. Updating stats and adkats now. Will post any bugs I find.

Hutchew

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Plugin Developer

Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner*:

We use the punish system based on pre-messages only. Works great. Would also advise against letting a player know his "points", but It looks like that has already been canned.

Don't care if we send you anonymous data, if it helps to further the efforts you and your team are striving for. Make it user-selectable, I suppose.

First post needs to be updated with new version and stat-logger. Still stuck on previous version, so people looking for latest version have to dig through this thread to find it.

Good work, Col. Updating stats and adkats now. Will post any bugs I find.

Hutchew

I'll put point checking back on the table as a user selectable option, probably released with 4.0 as a command (Suggest a name for the command? @whatshouldbehere_), but the default will be false.

Version 3.1.6 of AdKats is latest stable version, and it does NOT require the modded stat logger. 3.4.9.1 is the latest beta version and is not released yet, it is only for testing at this point.

You will get Exception type records in your database with this version, and the current ones we know of are coming from onserverinfo and onlevelloaded. They are being fixed. I've added about 1K lines of exception handling in this version, so it will report anything that goes wrong, no matter where it happens. If it's a database problem though you will only see it in procon.

• Plugin Developer

Another topic to bring up. I know i have many going right now, too bad i cant do some kind of inline poll (can I_). considering changing kick/ban adminsay messages to include the banning admin name.

Ban example:

Right now it says "X was BANNED by admin for Y"

Considering "X was BANNED by ColColonCleaner for Y"

Votes please. Do you guys want to stay anonymous when doing kicks/bans? The person you kicked/banned already sees who the admin was (I print that in their kick message), just now the whole server would see it.

Originally Posted by TMiland*:

Another topic to bring up. I know i have many going right now, too bad i cant do some kind of inline poll (can I_). considering changing kick/ban adminsay messages to include the banning admin name.

Ban example:

Right now it says "X was BANNED by admin for Y"

Considering "X was BANNED by ColColonCleaner for Y"

Votes please. Do you guys want to stay anonymous when doing kicks/bans? The person you kicked/banned already sees who the admin was (I print that in their kick message), just now the whole server would see it.

Make it an option, so we can choose to enable or disable. :smile:
  • Plugin Developer

3.5.0.0(19-OCT-2013)

https://sourceforge.net/projects/adkats/

Changes

• Bug-fixes/Enhancements. Record upload for certain commands optimized, kicks/bans on yourself no-longer tell the whole server, auto-whitelisted players are logged, MutePlayer doesn't cause momentary disconnect, etc, etc, full list on github.
  • Beta Version of Stat Logger Required. Version 1.1.0.2 of stat logger is required for this version of AdKats. That version of stat logger has been included with this release.
  • MULTIBalancer Orchestration. All players access level 0-5 can be automatically whitelisted.
  • Reserved Slot Orchestration. All players on the access list can be automatically given reserved slots.
  • Added VOIP Command. Voip command can be used by all players to get teamspeak or other voip server info.
  • User based kill command added. Players can kill themselves with @killme. Disable by removing command text.
  • Push errors to database. All errors and exceptions are now pushed to the database for logging.
  • Server Crash Reporter Added. Server crash/Blaze DC reporter added (Only meaningful to those using webadmin).
  • Admin Assistant Logic Changed. Admin Assistants are now on a 30 day report calculation, instead of 7 days.
  • Database connection backup added. Commands will now still carry out their actions if the database connection is temporarily lost. It will spam console errors like there's no tomorrow but will still act on commands.

Originally Posted by p19blo*:

Not sure what's changed in this version but i've found adkats plugin disabled a few times, will have to confirm it's only after a restart but never had this before until the above version.

myself also

secondly. i have 4 servers and i only want certain admins to have access to certain servers. how can i do this as it gives them access to them all

Originally Posted by Jasonpb*:

myself also

secondly. i have 4 servers and i only want certain admins to have access to certain servers. how can i do this as it gives them access to them all

I used to do it that way myself, it's a bit of a pain in the arse to manage really, adding the user once and it going across all of our 5x instances is much easier to deal with.

Not sure what's changed in this version but i've found adkats plugin disabled a few times, will have to confirm it's only after a restart but never had this before until the above version.

Same here. Also happened with last couple beta versions 3.4.9.#. Sometimes knocks out InsaneLimits as well.
  • Plugin Developer

Same here. Also happened with last couple beta versions 3.4.9.#. Sometimes knocks out InsaneLimits as well.

Please send me the console logs of your server (On Github, not here) around the time when your layer restarts and AdKats gets disabled, the answer should be in there.
  • Plugin Developer

myself also

One of the core benefits of this plugin is automatically giving all servers the same admin list, if you don't want that, i don't have a way of disabling that right now. It would be more trouble to allow that than it's worth.
  • Plugin Developer

Please send me your console logs from the time AdKats gets disabled. I think it's because the layers are loading stat logger too slowly and AdKats doesn't see it.

Originally Posted by Key_Dutch_Altos*:

Could you describe this "punish mode"? AdKats is not an auto-admin.

As for the mute command, is something broken with it?

Punish mode like in Insane Punisher. The victim receives a message about the possibility to punish or forgive. The player gets a warning about the violation. But if the mute-command is activated, do not kill for msg "!punish" or "!forgive" or "sorry".

If it is not possible, require the ability to disable the built-Punishment.

• Plugin Developer

Punish mode like in Insane Punisher. The victim receives a message about the possibility to punish or forgive. The player gets a warning about the violation. But if the mute-command is activated, do not kill for msg "!punish" or "!forgive" or "sorry".

If it is not possible, require the ability to disable the built-Punishment.

This plugin's punish and forgive has nothing to do with teamkilling (assuming that's what you mean), that's why i let you change the command names. Punish and forgive in this plugin is for admins only, and what it does is shown here: https://github.com/ColColonCleaner/A...racking-system

If you want to have teamkilling forgiveness/punishment you can use that plugin for it, just change the command names for this plugin's punish/forgive. Or If you would like AdKats to include punish for teamkilling that can be added to the list. Just submit an issue here explaining what you want me to implement: https://github.com/ColColonCleaner/A...ues_state=open

Just click "New Issue"

Mute acts on all player chat.

This plugin's punish and forgive has nothing to do with teamkilling (assuming that's what you mean), that's why i let you change the command names. Punish and forgive in this plugin is for admins only, and what it does is shown here: https://github.com/ColColonCleaner/A...racking-system

If you want to have teamkilling forgiveness/punishment you can use that plugin for it, just change the command names for this plugin's punish/forgive. Or If you would like AdKats to include punish for teamkilling that can be added to the list. Just submit an issue here explaining what you want me to implement: https://github.com/ColColonCleaner/A...ues_state=open

Just click "New Issue"

Mute acts on all player chat.

That would actually be kinda fun, to see who in the clan is the highest teamkiller for the month........lol

Yeah, I was just thinking out loud, but not being very detailed. I just meant it would be fun to be able to know who in your clan was the high TK'er for any given period, not the punish thing you speak of. We have abandoned the punish/forgive on all but one server, as it was generally abused and if anyone did go on a rampage, it was easy enough to just use the built in tk limits to fix the problem.

Hutchew

Only thing I have is...Fault in plugin call to AdKats.GetPluginDescriptionCall exceeded maximum execution time of 00:00:59Fault in plugin call to AdKats.GetPluginDescriptionCall exceeded maximum execution time of 00:00:59

• Plugin Developer

Only thing I have is...Fault in plugin call to AdKats.GetPluginDescriptionCall exceeded maximum execution time of 00:00:59Fault in plugin call to AdKats.GetPluginDescriptionCall exceeded maximum execution time of 00:00:59

Woah...your layer failed to connect to github to download the plugin description, never happened before. Please post this to my issue list and i'll handle it. When any plugin function called by procon takes longer than 59 seconds procon enters panic mode and ejects the plugin.

Think that was a once off, this is what the error is, even if I disable adkats and enable it again, same with the bf3 guid and chat logger.

Code:

[17:58:48 67] [AdKats] ERROR: CChatGUIDStatsLoggerBF3 could not be enabled automatically. Please enable manually.
[17:59:04 24] [AdKats] WARNING: CChatGUIDStatsLoggerBF3 is not enabled or is lagging! Attempting to enable, please wait...
[17:59:14 25] [AdKats] ERROR: CChatGUIDStatsLoggerBF3 could not be enabled automatically. Please enable manually.
[17:59:29 23] [AdKats] WARNING: CChatGUIDStatsLoggerBF3 is not enabled or is lagging! Attempting to enable, please wait...
[17:59:39 28] [AdKats] ERROR: CChatGUIDStatsLoggerBF3 could not be enabled automatically. Please enable manually.

[17:54:06 35] [AdKats] WARNING: Multiple banned players matched ban information, possible duplicate account

[17:54:06 35] [AdKats] EXCEPTION: [enforceBan][Attempted to kick a player who wasn't in the server.]

[17:54:06 36] [AdKats] EXCEPTION: [enforceBan][Error while enforcing ban.]: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at PRoConEvents.AdKats.HandleException(AdKat_Exceptio n aException)

at PRoConEvents.AdKats.enforceBan(AdKat_Ban aBan, Boolean verbose)

Originally Posted by MorpheusX(AUT)*:

Think that was a once off, this is what the error is, even if I disable adkats and enable it again, same with the bf3 guid and chat logger.

I've formatted your post.

Please start using linebreaks and format your posts properly. This is horrible to read and makes helping you harder.