Advanced In-Game Admin and Ban Enforcer - AdKats

Message added by Prophet731,

If you've been banned from a server then you will need to appeal the ban with the owners/community of that server. We do not control any bans done on servers that utilize AdKats as all bans are local to that server.

• Plugin Developer

Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner*:

I can't see this mentioned anywhere but how long does a player report stay active without being acted on? Is it a specific duration or just until the end of a round? Can it be changed?

The 3 digit report IDs expire at round end. At that point you will need to act on players manually. This round-based expiration has no settings at this time.

Originally Posted by EntraVenuS*:

Hi .. Just wondered how do i connect 2 different instances of adkats (1 BF4 & 1 BF3 ) to the same teamspeak monitor? as it seems to go crazy if i try and connect to the same user and password on the teamspeak player monitor .. It will work on one but not both

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Plugin Developer

Hi .. Just wondered how do i connect 2 different instances of adkats (1 BF4 & 1 BF3 ) to the same teamspeak monitor? as it seems to go crazy if i try and connect to the same user and password on the teamspeak player monitor .. It will work on one but not both

I don't think that's something teamspeak supports. Make a 2nd query user for the 2nd AdKats instance and use that to query teamspeak.
  • Plugin Developer

Any update on the documentation for the challenge settings ?

Not at this time, all of my time is taken at the moment. The challenge system is not complete either. Please use the documentation i posted earlier in this thread.

What about it is difficult to understand?

Originally Posted by SmackDown*:

Not at this time, all of my time is taken at the moment. The challenge system is not complete either. Please use the documentation i posted earlier in this thread.

What about it is difficult to understand?

To be honest, I have no idea of what I am suppose to do with this system once its working correctly. Reading your prior instructions do not make sense to me. I believe that's because a lot of us are not computer wizards and have a lot of grey hair between our ears!

Based on your prior instructions, I have no way of know what I am to type or what settings to make. Think in term of instructions for idiots!!

• Plugin Developer

To be honest, I have no idea of what I am suppose to do with this system once its working correctly. Reading your prior instructions do not make sense to me. I believe that's because a lot of us are not computer wizards and have a lot of grey hair between our ears!

Based on your prior instructions, I have no way of know what I am to type or what settings to make. Think in term of instructions for idiots!!

Not a problem, happy to give an example. After going through this if you have any more questions please let me know. There are still no rewards for players completing challenges, that is coming soon-ish.

Example:

• You want to set up a challenge to be run every round publicly, the challenge expires at the end of every round, and players need to get 10 kills with 3 different assault rifles (totalling 30 kills), and 5 kills with the magnum revolver.
  • Make sure "server-wide round rules" is enabled.

• With this setting enabled there will be challenges announced at the start of every round if one is available. Without this setting enabled players would need to choose their own challenge manually.
  • Make sure "auto-assign round rules" is enabled.

• With this setting enabled players will automatically be assigned the round challenge if one is running in two cases: They get a kill which fits the challenge, or they use the challenge command (by default !ch) to see the current challenge.
  • Create a definition for the challenge.

• In the Add Definition setting type in something that describes what you are trying to make, but keep it concise. For this one we'll type in "30 AR 5 Magnum".
    • Once that is added you'll see a definition entry added in the list. Now you need to add the damages/weapons.
    • In the Add Damage Type setting inside this "30 AR 5 Magnum" definition, select "Assault_Rifle".
    • You'll see a detail added to the list called "Damage - Assault Rifle" under this definition. It has a default of 1 weapon, and 1 kill.
    • Change that to what we want, 10 kills, 3 weapons. Doing this will make players need to get 10 kills with 3 different assault rifles, totalling 30 kills.
    • Now to add the magnum. In the Add Weapon setting inside this "Magnum ARs" definition, select "Handgun\44 Magnum".
    • You'll see another detail added to the list called "Weapon - 44 Magnum" under this definition. It has a default of 1 kill.
    • Change that to what we want, 5 kills.
    • We now have the definition set up with 30 assault rifle kills (3 weapons, 10 kills each), and 5 magnum revolver kills.
  • Create a rule based on this definition.

• Collapse the definition section so it's not in the way.
    • Under the rules section you'll see an Add Rule setting. Select "30 AR 5 Magnum" in that setting.
    • You'll see a new rule added with the name "30 AR 5 Magnum Rule X", X being the next index available for a rule.
    • Rename that rule into something players would recognize, the name on this rule is what gets shown to players, not the definition name. Let's call this one "Magnum ARs". Just use the Name setting on the rule to change it.
    • We want this to be a server-wide round rule. (If a rule doesn't qualify as a server-wide round rule players can still play the challenge but they need to select it manually.) So, this rule needs to have several things set:

• Completion type of "Rounds"
      • Round Count of 1.
      • Tier of 1.
      • Enabled = true.
    • Change the completion type on it from "None" to "Rounds".
    • You'll see a Round Count setting appear, this needs to be kept at 1 for it to qualify as a server-wide round rule.
    • You see a Tier setting, this needs to be kept at 1 for it to qualify as a server-wide round rule.
    • You see an Enabled setting. Now that is is ready, change that setting to True.
  • You are now set up with a new challenge players can use. On the next round it will be announced to the server. To get more info about the challenge system you can use !ch help

Originally Posted by spatieman*:

Trying to set up teamspeak monitor.

I get stuck at the teamspeak main channel name.

if it is the 1st channel player are comming in.

than it is the name below.

[cspacer01]?·?•? THE LOBBY ?•?·?

however, when pasting that channel name in adkats ,

this is what i get [cspacer01]_·_•? THE LOBBY _•_·?

if it is not that, eh, what i am doing wrong ?

• Plugin Developer

Trying to set up teamspeak monitor.

I get stuck at the teamspeak main channel name.

if it is the 1st channel player are comming in.

than it is the name below.

[cspacer01]?·?•? THE LOBBY ?•?·?

however, when pasting that channel name in adkats ,

this is what i get [cspacer01]_·_•? THE LOBBY _•_·?

if it is not that, eh, what i am doing wrong ?

Those characters are probably not supported by the underlying procon system, please try using different characters.

Those characters are probably not supported by the underlying procon system, please try using different characters.

Was afraid for it, ok.

works now, lets see what it can do !

Thnxs!!

• Plugin Developer

So new balancing setting magically arrived. GREAT! So does this work with multibalance plugin or should I turn that one off and run only Adkats balancing?

You mean the team power monitor? That's been around for a while now, constantly gathering stats on the players in your server. I would suggest reading all the setting docs for it before turning it on.

While testing it I would not suggest having both balancers enabled at the same time. After testing i would suggest having multibalancer only activate during low population, mine doesn't balance people fast enough to manage a nearly empty server.

Originally Posted by jsimpson32*:

You mean the team power monitor? That's been around for a while now, constantly gathering stats on the players in your server. I would suggest reading all the setting docs for it before turning it on.

While testing it I would not suggest having both balancers enabled at the same time. After testing i would suggest having multibalancer only activate during low population, mine doesn't balance people fast enough to manage a nearly empty server.

If you can get it to work well in low population, you will have my donation! Great ideas and start. Hoping you move forward with it.

Originally Posted by )RAG()N*:

Would it be possible to add in a feature that allows certain user roles to request pbss on a selected player?

I know you can do it with the !report or !admin command but I have that setup to automatically post any reports on to our forums.

Would be good if they are a bit sus on someone they can take a few pbss without the report.

• Plugin Developer

Would it be possible to add in a feature that allows certain user roles to request pbss on a selected player?

I know you can do it with the !report or !admin command but I have that setup to automatically post any reports on to our forums.

Would be good if they are a bit sus on someone they can take a few pbss without the report.

That would require a specific pbss command. This would need to be added to the list of things people want as there are still things others are waiting on. Please open a github ticket.

for proconrules

Code:

On Say;Admin;Text !pbss,/pbss;TargetPlayer;Exec punkBuster.pb_sv_command pb_sv_getss "%t%";Log PBSS taken of %t%;playerSay Screenshot taken of %t%

Originally Posted by 5YRU5*:

Hi ColColonCleaner,

I'm thinking about to bring four databases into one together. Therefore I would use a fresh database, setting it up for servers and finally try to import the servers stats etc into the new database. My question to you is if it's even possible and if you would recommend this.

My goal is to use the admin cp and to bring ban lists together.

Thx in advance :ohmy:

• Plugin Developer

Hi ColColonCleaner,

I'm thinking about to bring four databases into one together. Therefore I would use a fresh database, setting it up for servers and finally try to import the servers stats etc into the new database. My question to you is if it's even possible and if you would recommend this.

My goal is to use the admin cp and to bring ban lists together.

Thx in advance :ohmy:

In theory you could, but you would need to write a script to import them, merge the server lists, and merge all of the stats with new players and existing players. That would be quite an endeavor.

Regarding the new challenge system, "There are still no rewards for players completing challenges, that is coming soon-ish."

Any idea when you will have this running. I am wondering if you are going to have an VIP reward type of thing?

Just wondering when you will have time to finish this.

• Plugin Developer

Regarding the new challenge system, "There are still no rewards for players completing challenges, that is coming soon-ish."

Any idea when you will have this running. I am wondering if you are going to have an VIP reward type of thing?

Just wondering when you will have time to finish this.

I know it's been a while, but I might be able to finish it this weekend if I dedicate time to it. Now that the basics are down I just need to make another UI and setting structure for it with selections for each tier of challenges.

Originally Posted by tacticaltot*:

I am having issues running adkats on my server. I have 2 which are fairly similar, but one crashes every single round, while the other is fine. how would I go about debugging and finding the issue? the server itself doesnt crash but procon shits itself.

• Plugin Developer

I am having issues running adkats on my server. I have 2 which are fairly similar, but one crashes every single round, while the other is fine. how would I go about debugging and finding the issue? the server itself doesnt crash but procon shits itself.

Interesting. Hmm. Run this and PM me the results.

select * from adkats_records_debug order by record_time desc limit 50;

ColColonCleaner , I have two questions:

1: Regarding the live Aimbot system: HSK Automatic Ban [LIVE][6-L-KILLS-HSK] Kills = number of kills a player has but does HSK mean Headshot kills? or does it mean Headshot percentage? Reason I ask is that it ban a player on our server with below stat:

[LIVE][6-L-39-91]

If a player has 39 kills, how can he have 91 headshot kills? unless it means 91 percent?

Also, how is the reward system coming along for the new challenge system? I have one issue with the challenge system. It now takes around 8 minuets for Adkats to load with the challenge system on. My other server that does not run it can be rebooted in about 20 seconds. Any thoughts on this?

thanks

• Plugin Developer

ColColonCleaner , I have two questions:

1: Regarding the live Aimbot system: HSK Automatic Ban [LIVE][6-L-KILLS-HSK] Kills = number of kills a player has but does HSK mean Headshot kills? or does it mean Headshot percentage? Reason I ask is that it ban a player on our server with below stat:

[LIVE][6-L-39-91]

If a player has 39 kills, how can he have 91 headshot kills? unless it means 91 percent?

Also, how is the reward system coming along for the new challenge system? I have one issue with the challenge system. It now takes around 8 minuets for Adkats to load with the challenge system on. My other server that does not run it can be rebooted in about 20 seconds. Any thoughts on this?

thanks

L means it's looking at that last 20 kills, in BF4's case. He had 39 kills total during his current play session. Of the last 20 he had a 91% headshot rate with a non-sniper weapon, no snipers/DMRs. That triggers an automatic ban.

I have modified the code slightly to show another number in front of the L or H. So it will show L20 or H40 for example to show how many of his total kills it's looking at.

As for the challenge system, that's still in the works.

I have modified that slightly to improve the load times by not loading completed challenges for players on startup.

These changes are in 7.0.1.150

Hello,

I go the challenge system so screwed up now that I cannot get it to work. I used the rule that you had as an example and then I tried to make my own rule. Could not get it to work and then I tried to delete the rule I created an it seemed to mess up the whole thing. Subsequently ended up delete the rule you created and now it cannot get this to work.

Is there a code I can use to return the who challenge system back to normal. I cant seem to delete any rule that I have created.

help!

• Plugin Developer

Hello,

I go the challenge system so screwed up now that I cannot get it to work. I used the rule that you had as an example and then I tried to make my own rule. Could not get it to work and then I tried to delete the rule I created an it seemed to mess up the whole thing. Subsequently ended up delete the rule you created and now it cannot get this to work.

Is there a code I can use to return the who challenge system back to normal. I cant seem to delete any rule that I have created.

help!

What do you mean messed up? Could you screenshot the issue?

Do the rules/definitions not delete when you type delete in that setting? Is there an error message?

What do you mean messed up? Could you screenshot the issue?

Do the rules/definitions not delete when you type delete in that setting? Is there an error message?

Ok so I was able to delete rules 1 and 2, but I cannot delete rule 3. Below is screen shot:

ccc request 1.jpg

Below are the error codes:

[07:13:42 18] [AdKats] ERROR-701150: [Definition called Deletealready exists.]

[07:14:31 23] [AdKats] ERROR-701150: [Definition called Delete already exists.]

[07:14:40 62] [AdKats] INFO: Deleted challenge definition 2 with 2 details.

[07:15:13 63] [AdKats] INFO: Detail IDs were the same when changing ID.

[07:15:14 31] [AdKats] ERROR-701150: [Detail with damage Melee already exists.]

[07:15:14 72] [AdKats] ERROR-701150: [Detail with damage Melee already exists.]

[07:15:17 03] [AdKats] ERROR-701150: [Detail with damage Melee already exists.]

[07:15:51 65] [AdKats] ERROR-701150: [Definition name was the same when setting by string.]

[07:16:15 96] [AdKats] EXCEPTION-701150-25.31-D-SetWeaponNameByString-Main59: [Error updating weapon name by string for CDefinitionDetail.][system.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

at PRoConEvents.AdKats.AChallengeManager.CDefinition. CDefinitionDetail.SetWeaponNameByString(String weaponName)]

[07:17:10 50] [AdKats] ERROR-701150: [Weapon count cannot be less than 1.]

[07:16:15 96] [AdKats] EXCEPTION-701150-25.31-D-SetWeaponNameByString-Main59: [Error updating weapon name by string for CDefinitionDetail.][system.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

at PRoConEvents.AdKats.AChallengeManager.CDefinition. CDefinitionDetail.SetWeaponNameByString(String weaponName)]

[07:17:10 50] [AdKats] ERROR-701150: [Weapon count cannot be less than 1.]

[07:19:18 05] [AdKats] ERROR-701150: [Definition name was the same when setting by string.]

[07:19:23 82] [AdKats] ERROR-701150: [Failed to update CDefinitionDetail 3:4 in database.]

thank you for your help.

Hello,

I am continuing to have issues with the challenge system. First of all, I cannot delete the challenge that I entered as shown on the submitted screen shot:

CCC 3.jpg

I try to delete and it just adds to the weapons list. Also if I try to add a new challenge, after creating the Definition, the rule section goes away.

Not sure what the hell is going on. When I first used this, I used the challenge that you used in your example in your instructions. That worked fine. My problems started when I tried to add a new challenge. Now I cannot delete the challenge that is showing in the above screen shot.

Any help would be nice!

• Plugin Developer

Hello,

I am continuing to have issues with the challenge system. First of all, I cannot delete the challenge that I entered as shown on the submitted screen shot:

CCC 3.jpg

I try to delete and it just adds to the weapons list. Also if I try to add a new challenge, after creating the Definition, the rule section goes away.

Not sure what the hell is going on. When I first used this, I used the challenge that you used in your example in your instructions. That worked fine. My problems started when I tried to add a new challenge. Now I cannot delete the challenge that is showing in the above screen shot.

Any help would be nice!

That is very odd. Could you send me the results of the following query?

select * from adkats_challenge_definition acd join adkats_challenge_definition_detail acdd on acdd.DefID = acd.ID;

Also, what happens if you reboot your layer? Does it appear in the same way with all the setting names missing?