Advanced In-Game Admin and Ban Enforcer - AdKats

Message added by Prophet731,

If you've been banned from a server then you will need to appeal the ban with the owners/community of that server. We do not control any bans done on servers that utilize AdKats as all bans are local to that server.

• Administrators

Originally Posted by Prophet731*:

Could it be fixed by @Prophet731?

It's not a bug, that's just how it works. If a player is in the server, and you are watching the server, ban them from the live scoreboard for that server. Cheers.

Technically yes I could however it would heavily rely on the stats logger and that's not always accurate sometimes with its live db scoreboard. If the plugin loses connection then it's instantly stale data. Which is why I never implemented that. To do it the current way it would have to establish a connection to the game server each time for a ban. Which is inefficient.

You can ban them on the their profile but it won't kick them, you would need to again go to the live board then issue the kick. The ban record exists so AdKats will handle that on the attempted rejoin.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

The developer of the Battlefield Admin Control Panel (BFACP)

For BFACP support please post in the BFACP topic linked above.

Do not contact me via PM on the forums for help with procon. Please make a topic for it. Only PM's I will accept will revolve around any website issues.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by HATANO_KENJI*:

To. ColColonCleaner, I think I need your help.

My current server still has the problem of Attack helicopter strong advantage, I need a minimum of a reasonable balance to solve my problem, Solve the problem of all flags being taken through auto-nuke.

My needs are simple:

For example, there are a total of 5 flags in Siege of Shanghai, If any team captures all the flags, Will auto start 2 times nuke, As long as the backward team captures one flag, Will stop any auto-nuke trigger condition calculation.

Triggering conditions:

Ticket gap 350 tickets, And capture all the flags, Maintain this state automatically enters the countdown after two minutes, Launch auto-nuke in more than two minutes.

No need to punish the winner's action, or end early, Just let the backwards out of the base to capture the flag, Until the ticket is zeroed, Excuse me, Is there a way to achieve such a demand?

PS.I need your screenshots as an example reference. (Because my current health status is difficult to understand English, Please forgive me for this.)

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by jsimpson32*:

Where do you unban someone when using Ban Enforcer? I can't find the list or most recent test ban I made. It's working just can't figure how to edit the list like before. I did read the docs but can't find the answer.

• Plugin Developer

Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner*:

I have no date for the challenge system finishing, I have completely lost interest in the project. I'm going away on business again soon too so I'll have even less time.

If you aren't running the BFAdminCP the only way to see recent bans is by querying the database. You can use the mini-ban-manager setting section for unbanning and looking for banned players but i never made a recent bans section.

Russao, it's because you enabled the ban enforcer. That system downloads all your bans to your database and manages them from there with a lot more data available. It then keeps the ban list empty after that and processes any new bans. You can look this up in the docs. If you decide in the future that you don't want to use that you can turn it off and wait for it to import your bans back into procon.

Originally Posted by IRussao*:

I have no date for the challenge system finishing, I have completely lost interest in the project. I'm going away on business again soon too so I'll have even less time.

If you aren't running the BFAdminCP the only way to see recent bans is by querying the database. You can use the mini-ban-manager setting section for unbanning and looking for banned players but i never made a recent bans section.

Russao, it's because you enabled the ban enforcer. That system downloads all your bans to your database and manages them from there with a lot more data available. It then keeps the ban list empty after that and processes any new bans. You can look this up in the docs. If you decide in the future that you don't want to use that you can turn it off and wait for it to import your bans back into procon.

Why can't we have both? Why clean the banlist? if something happen to site or if site or db is down, then any cheater can join the server.

So every player that join, the plugin make a mysql query to see if the player is banned or it keep the current banlist in the memory?

Originally Posted by SmackDown*:

Why can't we have both? Why clean the banlist? if something happen to site or if site or db is down, then any cheater can join the server.

So every player that join, the plugin make a mysql query to see if the player is banned or it keep the current banlist in the memory?

I m no expert on this issue but I can tell you that if Procon's ban list gets very large, it will start to lag the server or Procon will start to become non responsive to imputed commands. This is especially true if you have more than one admin logged on at a time to Procon. Procon will become unresponsive for periods of time so having it send the data base the web makes sense and allows multiple admins to log on and not bog down Procon.

@ColColonCleaner,

Sorry to hear that you have lost interest in your project. It has been a great tool for us admin and I appreciate your efforts and time put into this project. I just hope you can find time to finish the challenge system, and not leave us hanging with an unfinished project.

Wish you the best and thank you for all the time and effort in gave to us for free.

Again thanks for Adkats!

• Plugin Developer

Smackdown is absolutely correct on this front. The ban enforcer was made for many reasons, but the two main ones are with a high number of bans procon can lag badly, and procon doesn't store any information for a ban aside from a single message. With the ban enforcer enabled procon doesn't need to hold all its bans in memory using the banlist. Whenever it adds a new ban AdKats sees that, downloads it, and clears the banlist again. Also with the ban enforcer you can track who banned a person, when they were banned, enforce on multiple metrics like name/guid/ip at the same time, enforce your bans across multiple servers, and you can unban people via game commands instead of requiring the procon UI. Ideally once you have AdKats set up you'd never need to open procon again, and especially not when you're running the BFAdminCP.

To answer your questions. AdKats queries the database whenever a player joins the server to see if they are currently banned. If the player is banned an admin kick is issued with the banning admin name, the reason, and how much time remains on their ban.

If your DB is consistently going down that's another issue entirely. Don't plan for exception cases like that to be the norm. If the DB is down you'll have many more issues with stat logger and AdKats. AdKats does have a mode it switches to if the database goes offline though, and it will re-check everyone in the server for bans once the db comes back online.

• Plugin Developer

@ColColonCleaner,

Sorry to hear that you have lost interest in your project. It has been a great tool for us admin and I appreciate your efforts and time put into this project. I just hope you can find time to finish the challenge system, and not leave us hanging with an unfinished project.

Wish you the best and thank you for all the time and effort in gave to us for free.

Again thanks for Adkats!

I'll do my best to not leave people hanging on this project, it's just difficult to force myself to work on it again now.

Originally Posted by spatieman*:

@CCC

prioritizing your self is the key.

i (i hope other to) know that this is not your primary job, u do this for every game admin.

and your IRL job and life !, is coming on first place.

we simply need to accept this, and respect it.

personaly ,i use ADKats for 4 years or so,and it simply is the BEST admintool there is (and most complex to hehe)

as for the challenge system, if u ever get time again, we simply wait and be surpriced

as for it generic, those amon us who understand a bit proconrulz coding, and has Maxdralle's VIPmanager

can do miracles them self.

i am curently self working in a simplyfied challenge system, not based on rotating weapon's but on gadget kills

enough documentation around to fire up a text editor and toy with it.

chears, up to work here.

Smackdown is absolutely correct on this front. The ban enforcer was made for many reasons, but the two main ones are with a high number of bans procon can lag badly, and procon doesn't store any information for a ban aside from a single message. With the ban enforcer enabled procon doesn't need to hold all its bans in memory using the banlist. Whenever it adds a new ban AdKats sees that, downloads it, and clears the banlist again. Also with the ban enforcer you can track who banned a person, when they were banned, enforce on multiple metrics like name/guid/ip at the same time, enforce your bans across multiple servers, and you can unban people via game commands instead of requiring the procon UI. Ideally once you have AdKats set up you'd never need to open procon again, and especially not when you're running the BFAdminCP.

To answer your questions. AdKats queries the database whenever a player joins the server to see if they are currently banned. If the player is banned an admin kick is issued with the banning admin name, the reason, and how much time remains on their ban.

If your DB is consistently going down that's another issue entirely. Don't plan for exception cases like that to be the norm. If the DB is down you'll have many more issues with stat logger and AdKats. AdKats does have a mode it switches to if the database goes offline though, and it will re-check everyone in the server for bans once the db comes back online.

I see, how about an option, let users decided if they want a EA ban or PB ban, a pb ban wont lag procon. I can't open procon right now, but if im not wrong, we have name, ip and EA ban, addind a pb ban would be nice.
  • Plugin Developer

I see, how about an option, let users decided if they want a EA ban or PB ban, a pb ban wont lag procon. I can't open procon right now, but if im not wrong, we have name, ip and EA ban, addind a pb ban would be nice.

Unfortunately that only replaces one of the many benefits from doing it yourself, and adds overhead for managing PB bans. A decision was made years ago not to support PB bans, I don't remember what my reasoning was at the time, but staying away from it was the choice that was made.

Unfortunately that only replaces one of the many benefits from doing it yourself, and adds overhead for managing PB bans. A decision was made years ago not to support PB bans, I don't remember what my reasoning was at the time, but staying away from it was the choice that was made.

I would say one reason is that would be a duplication of processes. Why have Adkats waist resources and time when that service is already provided by other 3rd party anti-cheat sytems such as PBBANS, GGC and ACI. Join those three services and let them do the work load for you. No reason to have Adkats do a function that is already covered.

This is just my opinion though....

• Plugin Developer

I would say one reason is that would be a duplication of processes. Why have Adkats waist resources and time when that service is already provided by other 3rd party anti-cheat sytems such as PBBANS, GGC and ACI. Join those three services and let them do the work load for you. No reason to have Adkats do a function that is already covered.

This one i can give some rebuttal on for the reasoning. Several of the groups using AdKats at the time when this was initially developed, mine included, did not trust anyone outside of their own group to manage bans properly or ban users efficiently. Keeping complete control of your own system was something these groups wanted so that's how I wrote it. My group in particular ended up being blocked from ACI because we cleared several people who ACI thought were cheating. And since you can do ban sharing among your servers locally through AdKats we had no downtime when services like MetaBans, which some groups relied on, went offline.

Seeing how some of these services have evolved over time if we made the perfect choices for support back in the day that would have worked out, but the only way to guarantee there wouldn't be any problems was to do it yourself. And if any of these services do go offline in the future (or change their APIs), people will still be able to download and run AdKats without issues, which I care much more about than offering support for 3rd party services.

I was not talking about PBBans or asking for an option to PBBans stream

I was talking about the punkbuster command to ban instead of EA, or have both.

This one i can give some rebuttal on for the reasoning. Several of the groups using AdKats at the time when this was initially developed, mine included, did not trust anyone outside of their own group to manage bans properly or ban users efficiently. Keeping complete control of your own system was something these groups wanted so that's how I wrote it. My group in particular ended up being blocked from ACI because we cleared several people who ACI thought were cheating. And since you can do ban sharing among your servers locally through AdKats we had no downtime when services like MetaBans, which some groups relied on, went offline.

Seeing how some of these services have evolved over time if we made the perfect choices for support back in the day that would have worked out, but the only way to guarantee there wouldn't be any problems was to do it yourself. And if any of these services do go offline in the future (or change their APIs), people will still be able to download and run AdKats without issues, which I care much more about than offering support for 3rd party services.

I think, I can do this and do some testing, if I'm not wrong, all I need to do is to change the perm ban function.

I guess I can have both, like on PermaBanTarget function, line 28498, I could add this:

ExecuteCommand("procon.protected.send", "PB_SV_BanGuid", record.target_player.player_pbguid, record.target_player.player_name, record.target_player.player_ip, banMessage);

It would look like this:

ExecuteCommand("procon.protected.send", "PB_SV_BanGuid", record.target_player.player_pbguid, record.target_player.player_name, record.target_player.player_ip, banMessage);

ExecuteCommand("procon.protected.send", "banList.add", "guid", record.target_player.player_guid, "perm", banMessage);

ExecuteCommand("procon.protected.send", "banList.save");

ExecuteCommand("procon.protected.send", "banList.list");

right?

• Plugin Developer

I was not talking about PBBans or asking for an option to PBBans stream

I was talking about the punkbuster command to ban instead of EA, or have both.

I think, I can do this and do some testing, if I'm not wrong, all I need to do is to change the perm ban function.

I guess I can have both, like on PermaBanTarget function, line 28498, I could add this:

It would look like this:

ExecuteCommand("procon.protected.send", "banList.add", "guid", record.target_player.player_guid, "perm", banMessage);

ExecuteCommand("procon.protected.send", "banList.save");

ExecuteCommand("procon.protected.send", "banList.list");

right?

The changes to simply issue permabans through PB instead of EAGUID might be that simple, yes.

The changes to simply issue permabans through PB instead of EAGUID might be that simple, yes.

In that case it would issue a permban for both EAGUID and PBGUID, then I won't lose the perks of adkats ban enforcer and I'm guessing I could also add PB+ before the banMessage like:

ExecuteCommand("procon.protected.send", "banList.add", "guid", record.target_player.player_guid, "perm", " PB+ " + banMessage);

So an admin will know that this player is also has a PB ban.

• Plugin Developer

In that case it would issue a permban for both EAGUID and PBGUID, then I won't lose the perks of adkats ban enforcer and I'm guessing I could also add PB+ before the banMessage like:

ExecuteCommand("procon.protected.send", "banList.add", "guid", record.target_player.player_guid, "perm", " PB+ " + banMessage);

So an admin will know that this player is also has a PB ban.

Unbanning would be an issue in this case, since if you did both you'd have to also conditionally unban for both. Also, modifying ban durations and messages would no longer be a simple task.

I would sooner suggest you just disable the ban enforcer system and manage your bans through another system if that's what you desire more. Once the ban enforcer is disabled it will load all your bans back into procon for you to do whatever you want with them at that point.

Unbanning would be an issue in this case, since if you did both you'd have to also conditionally unban for both. Also, modifying ban durations and messages would no longer be a simple task.

I would sooner suggest you just disable the ban enforcer system and manage your bans through another system if that's what you desire more. Once the ban enforcer is disabled it will load all your bans back into procon for you to do whatever you want with them at that point.

nah, that would be just for perm ban.

HELP!!!

Yesterday, my server provider where my database was stored had shut down my database site and did some type of upgrade or maintenance. When it came back on, my BFadminCP was not working. I did some digging an noted that the IP address for my Database had been changed by my Server Provider who host the database. I then corrected the IP address on my Adkats, PRoCon Chat, GUID, Stats and Map Logger, and BFadmincp. The BFadmincp started to work again, but it will not let me access individual player record page, giving me a Database Error notice.

Also, I am seeing this error in Akats:

[06:38:17 88] [AdKats] EXCEPTION-701153-0.02-D-GetPopulatingPlayers-AccessFetching45: [Error while fetching populating players][MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Expression #2 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'c962102_BF4Stats.adkats_records_main.target_name' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by

at PRoConEvents.AdKats.SafeExecuteReader(MySqlCommand command)

at PRoConEvents.AdKats.GetPopulatingPlayers(TimeSpan duration, Int32 minPopulations, Boolean thisServerOnly)]

[06:38:18 10] [AdKats] EXCEPTION-701153-0.02-D-GetPopulatingPlayers-AccessFetching45: [Error while fetching populating players][MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Expression #2 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'c962102_BF4Stats.adkats_records_main.target_name' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by

at PRoConEvents.AdKats.GetPopulatingPlayers(TimeSpan duration, Int32 minPopulations, Boolean thisServerOnly)]

Any ideas on what to do now to fix this?

• Plugin Developer

HELP!!!

Yesterday, my server provider where my database was stored had shut down my database site and did some type of upgrade or maintenance. When it came back on, my BFadminCP was not working. I did some digging an noted that the IP address for my Database had been changed by my Server Provider who host the database. I then corrected the IP address on my Adkats, PRoCon Chat, GUID, Stats and Map Logger, and BFadmincp. The BFadmincp started to work again, but it will not let me access individual player record page, giving me a Database Error notice.

Also, I am seeing this error in Akats:

[06:38:17 88] [AdKats] EXCEPTION-701153-0.02-D-GetPopulatingPlayers-AccessFetching45: [Error while fetching populating players][MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Expression #2 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'c962102_BF4Stats.adkats_records_main.target_name' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by

[06:38:18 10] [AdKats] EXCEPTION-701153-0.02-D-GetPopulatingPlayers-AccessFetching45: [Error while fetching populating players][MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Expression #2 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'c962102_BF4Stats.adkats_records_main.target_name' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by

Any ideas on what to do now to fix this?

Looks like they changed the sql_mode on you. Tell them to remove the 'only_full_group_by' sql mode.

SET GLOBAL sql_mode=(SELECT REPLACE(@@sql_mode,'only_full_group_by',''));

Looking at it shortly i might be able to patch something in, but given this hasn't been needed in the last 4 years i'm pretty sure they won't have an issue modifying that setting back to what it was.

@ColColonCleaner,

Thank you for your help. I have submitted a repair ticket and still do not have an answer as of this post. In case they cant help, is a patch out of the question?

@ColColonCleaner,

Thank you for your help. I have submitted a repair ticket and still do not have an answer as of this post. In case they cant help, is a patch out of the question?

My issue has been solved. No further assistance is needed.
  • 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by Esccape*:

Hello! When I call server rules an error appears:

EXCEPTION-7010-D-b__a00-RulePrinter11: [Error while printing server rules][system.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element

at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)

at PRoConEvents.AdKats.c__DisplayClassa0f.b__a00()]

The Server is New.

Hello,

Is there anyway that we can get the challenge reward system set up before you leave this project?

Also, as a suggestion, is there a way you could add a setting so that we can regulate when the challenge system begins. For example, I would like it show that we can set the minimum number of players who have to be in the server before the challenge system begins. I ask this because players are getting easy challenge completions when the server has only 3 or less players Be nice if the challenge system was set up so that it would not run unless there were at least 4 players in the server or a setting that allowed the admins to set the number of players who had to be in the server before the challenge system began.