Advanced In-Game Admin and Ban Enforcer - AdKats

Message added by Prophet731,

If you've been banned from a server then you will need to appeal the ban with the owners/community of that server. We do not control any bans done on servers that utilize AdKats as all bans are local to that server.

• Plugin Developer

Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner*:

yeah, the servers have been full all day and night most of the time. Yes, I meant round ID... I just didn't get around to moving them to one database they were on seperate ones when i took over. and because im not sure how to do all of that. One is in L.A other is in N.Y. So i figured just keep them seperate for now. But this error only started happening in both of them

Yeah if you don't have a round ID that means there is a bunch of stuff that's invisibly being messed up, reports being one of the more obvious ones. Check the contents of your tbl_extendedroundstats table to see what it has for each server. It should have a bunch of records for each server. What are the round IDs on those records? All 1s?

select distinct round_id from tbl_extendedroundstats group by round_id order by round_id desc

• Plugin Developer

There Is no info in tables only this

Screenshot (128).jpg

Found the issue. Download this version and run it. Wait for a round to end with people in it. After the next round starts you should see the round number advance to 2.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Ad...test/AdKats.cs

• Plugin Developer

so all I'm doing is just putting this in the plugins/bf4 folder where the adkats.cs is and just overwriting it? then wait until round ends and starts..

Yes overwrite it. Or you can just use /pupdate and AdKats will automatically download the newest test version. If you take the command route make sure it says it's installed version 7.5.0.9.

Make sure to reboot your procon layer after the replacement.

Originally Posted by xloneshadowx*:

Ok, now I'm seeing the server round go up. so I'm going to try and enable the challenges. Now with these challenges if I have it set in rules under completion-rounds-1 does that mean i have to start it after every round or it just restarts

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Plugin Developer

Ok, now I'm seeing the server round go up. so I'm going to try and enable the challenges. Now with these challenges if I have it set in rules under completion-rounds-1 does that mean i have to start it after every round or it just restarts

I tried to explain this in the docs, please read up on that if need be. If it doesn't cover what you need let me know. If you want your challenge to be automatically put up every round it needs to be tier 1, 1 round duration, and have auto-assign round rules enabled in the settings.
  • Plugin Developer

Hate to be a pain again but what is this error message now? Screenshot (138).png

Don't worry about it. I just pushed 7.5.0.10 which increases the amount of memory before a warning from 250MB to 512MB. That 250MB warning has been around since like version 4 even though AdKats has more than doubled in scope since then.

Back in version 4 (and at one point in version 6) there were some issues with memory leaks. All of a sudden AdKats could balloon memory for seemingly no reason and I wasn't sure why. All of those codes in the warning messages are sizes of different maps/lists inside AdKats so I can see what the memory footprint is and where the pain points are. Yours looks completely normal so I'm just going to increase the limit before warning since it's needed at this point.

Ok, Colo. I should be out of questions soon this might be my last, using your built-in challenge system which I really like when you select the reward reserved slot does that automaticlly make them a VIP? I use VSM and want to make sure if they win that VSM gets the info or not. If not is there a way I could do it this way_. Thanks again Colo. you been big help through this whole thing

• Plugin Developer

Ok, Colo. I should be out of questions soon this might be my last, using your built-in challenge system which I really like when you select the reward reserved slot does that automaticlly make them a VIP? I use VSM and want to make sure if they win that VSM gets the info or not. If not is there a way I could do it this way_. Thanks again Colo. you been big help through this whole thing

Yes, people call reserved slots 'vip' in some other plugins, but it basically just looks at the list of reserved slots on the server. You can confirm that the other plugin will see the winners just by looking at the reserved slot list in procon. When a player wins a challenge the winning amount of reserved slot (or any other reward) is added to whatever they already had. So if they win two challenges in a row that individually reward 12 hours of reserved slots they will have 24 hours total after that.

Originally Posted by sixpax12*:

whenever a server crashes, adkats posts a message saying so and includes how many players lost. just curious if these are stored anywhere in the database or do they just show once when the event happens.

• Plugin Developer

whenever a server crashes, adkats posts a message saying so and includes how many players lost. just curious if these are stored anywhere in the database or do they just show once when the event happens.

Usually the server has a 'player left' event that signals AdKats to remove said player from the player list. During a server crash or other oddity that leave message doesn't fire, the next player list event from the server just doesn't contain a bunch of players. If more than half of the current players in the server drop without a leave event during a single player list it assumes the server crashed or blaze disconnected (I don't confirm server uptime to distinguish between the two, only care about players lost).

That server crash message is posted to the database as an admin call, command ID/action 20, source name AdKats.

Usually the server has a 'player left' event that signals AdKats to remove said player from the player list. During a server crash or other oddity that leave message doesn't fire, the next player list event from the server just doesn't contain a bunch of players. If more than half of the current players in the server drop without a leave event during a single player list it assumes the server crashed or blaze disconnected (I don't confirm server uptime to distinguish between the two, only care about players lost).

That server crash message is posted to the database as an admin call, command ID/action 20, source name AdKats.

thank you for most impressive response (as always and unlike some others in these forums ). is there a particular table they are written into to narrow my search ?
  • Plugin Developer

thank you for most impressive response (as always and unlike some others in these forums ). is there a particular table they are written into to narrow my search ?

No reason to bad-mouth anyone here, especially this late in the game. We're all here to help in our free time, limited as that may be.

It's in the adkats_records_main table.

select * from adkats_records_main where command_action = 20 and source_name = 'AdKats' and record_message like "%crash%" order by record_id desc

Should list your crashes from latest to earliest. I wrote that freehand so take it with a grain of salt.

No reason to bad-mouth anyone here, especially this late in the game. We're all here to help in our free time, limited as that may be.

It's in the adkats_records_main table.

select * from adkats_records_main where command_action = 20 and source_name = 'AdKats' and record_message like "%crash%" order by record_id desc

Should list your crashes from latest to earliest. I wrote that freehand so take it with a grain of salt.

thanks. was not bad mouthing anyone ... was simply thanking you for the incredible support you provide when folks ask questions.

Well my first winner of a challenge happened earlier and adkats put him in the Verbose Reserved Slot group but that's it. VIP Slot manager didn't pick it up and I don't see his name in Procon reserved list. I have adkats settings to feed server reserved slot to false because I am using VSM and like I said I thought VSM would get the info of the winner so he could also get the perks from VSM. So would I inquire about this in here or the VSM thread?

• Plugin Developer

Well my first winner of a challenge happened earlier and adkats put him in the Verbose Reserved Slot group but that's it. VIP Slot manager didn't pick it up and I don't see his name in Procon reserved list. I have adkats settings to feed server reserved slot to false because I am using VSM and like I said I thought VSM would get the info of the winner so he could also get the perks from VSM. So would I inquire about this in here or the VSM thread?

If you have feed server reserved slots off then they won't ever get pushed to the server, so that reward would be broken. What do you have in VIP slot manager that AdKats doesn't cover?

I was just hoping it would get taken over to vsm like all the other VIPs. I did feed reserved to true and restarted procons just to see if it would take him in procons list but it didnt. It's really not a problem I can just add them manually to vsm so they can have the commands and auto balance of a vip. Thanks Col. I love the challenge system I cant believe someone already finished one.

Well I use it to take control of the VIPs and reserved slots because of the vsm website is easy to manage and I have scripts in proconrulz that feed info right to vsm. I guess I could make a new roll in adkats for the reward that can do those.

https://gyazo.com/08891ef27007d8c61bfde076552d4919

• Plugin Developer

Well I use it to take control of the VIPs and reserved slots because of the vsm website is easy to manage and I have scripts in proconrulz that feed info right to vsm. I guess I could make a new roll in adkats for the reward that can do those.

https://gyazo.com/08891ef27007d8c61bfde076552d4919

All those options you are doing through vsm are available in AdKats too. All the perks and all the commands. I don't think you need that plugin anymore unless you just like the UI of the website that much better.

Originally Posted by OneManArmy*:

Hi all,

We have a small "thing" (see Picture) and also in the Mysql the table tbl_extendedroundstats stay empty.

is there a fucntion in Adkats Procon layer that should be turned on/off or another configuration that has to be set?

Empty.JPG

Originally Posted by serialkillerz82*:

Hi I have Adkats installed & also VIP Slot Manager. I have noticed when my VIP's request lead current squad with !lead they are receiving the default guest message. I allow !lead in VIP manager.

In adkats I have RLE1 - CDE39 - Lead current squad set to 'Deny' as I want to use it only for VIP's so I understand the message, however its very confusing for VIP's as they receive it too.

Do you have any advice on how to stop the conflict. I only want to use that function for VIP's & not everyone?

Thanks

• Plugin Developer

Hi I have Adkats installed & also VIP Slot Manager. I have noticed when my VIP's request lead current squad with !lead they are receiving the default guest message. I allow !lead in VIP manager.

In adkats I have RLE1 - CDE39 - Lead current squad set to 'Deny' as I want to use it only for VIP's so I understand the message, however its very confusing for VIP's as they receive it too.

Do you have any advice on how to stop the conflict. I only want to use that function for VIP's & not everyone?

Thanks

If you have another system outside of AdKats controlling that command and you don't want AdKats to see any of it, then disable the command inside AdKats or rename the command in AdKats so people don't hit both plugins with the same request.
  • Plugin Developer

Hi all,

We have a small "thing" (see Picture) and also in the Mysql the table tbl_extendedroundstats stay empty.

is there a fucntion in Adkats Procon layer that should be turned on/off or another configuration that has to be set?

Empty.JPG

Which version are you on? What does the 'server round (display)' setting under servers settings say? Is it greater than 1?

Originally Posted by OneManArmy*:

Which version are you on? What does the 'server round (display)' setting under servers settings say? Is it greater than 1?

Hi we have,

Adkays - 7.5.0.8

BFACP - 2.0.2

PRoCon Chat, GUID, Stats and Map Logger - 1.0.0.3.

Server Round (display) = 1

At 5 BF4 servers.

• Plugin Developer

Hi we have,

Adkays - 7.5.0.8

BFACP - 2.0.2

PRoCon Chat, GUID, Stats and Map Logger - 1.0.0.3.

Server Round (display) = 1

At 5 BF4 servers.

Run /pupdate on AdKats. You should be upgraded to 7.5.0.12 or later after that.

After that's running you should see the server round setting start going up. There was a bug where people on fresh installs never had their server round ID increment above 1. Once that goes above 1 you'll start seeing the extended round stats.