Advanced In-Game Admin and Ban Enforcer - AdKats

Message added by Prophet731,

If you've been banned from a server then you will need to appeal the ban with the owners/community of that server. We do not control any bans done on servers that utilize AdKats as all bans are local to that server.

Originally Posted by xloneshadowx*:

Ok, but if their name is different on discord from their in-game name do I have to do it or does it still recognize the name. That's something that has me confused is how adkats recoginezs the player and discord

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by dataXploit*:

Hey, I'd like to request a feature for the ban enforcer. Its to prevent the intentional server crashing that's being going on recently. Many BF3 servers have come under attack.

Here's the idea: We need to be able have a list of bans that remain on the regular server banlist(banlist.txt on the actual game server) that the ban enforcer does not handle. The way it works now, any ban that is on the list is automatically deleted and instead put in the database to be handled by the ban enforcer. This is because there is a slight delay between a banned account connecting to the server, and getting booted by Ban Enforcer. The server crashes are caused by certain accounts connecting to the server. With the slight delay of the ban enforcer, the server crashes even before the banned account that causes it is kicked. This is not the case with the regular banlist, it kicks them quickly enough to prevent the crash.

Here's what I've gathered about how they crash the servers. The server does not actually crash, but the effect is the same, all players are immediately disconnected from the server. They use a modded server to boost the stats of the accounts they own to an extreme degree. Once the stats are extreme enough, it causes any server(i think it doesn't affect unranked servers, actually) that the account connects to to immediately drop all players' connections.

• Plugin Developer

Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner*:

Hey, I'd like to request a feature for the ban enforcer. Its to prevent the intentional server crashing that's being going on recently. Many BF3 servers have come under attack.

Here's the idea: We need to be able have a list of bans that remain on the regular server banlist(banlist.txt on the actual game server) that the ban enforcer does not handle. The way it works now, any ban that is on the list is automatically deleted and instead put in the database to be handled by the ban enforcer. This is because there is a slight delay between a banned account connecting to the server, and getting booted by Ban Enforcer. The server crashes are caused by certain accounts connecting to the server. With the slight delay of the ban enforcer, the server crashes even before the banned account that causes it is kicked. This is not the case with the regular banlist, it kicks them quickly enough to prevent the crash.

Here's what I've gathered about how they crash the servers. The server does not actually crash, but the effect is the same, all players are immediately disconnected from the server. They use a modded server to boost the stats of the accounts they own to an extreme degree. Once the stats are extreme enough, it causes any server(i think it doesn't affect unranked servers, actually) that the account connects to to immediately drop all players' connections.

Interesting. I've seen some player's stat pages with large enough values that they might cause overflow, they overflow the battlelog UI for sure. I had to mod AdKats once already because i wasn't using large enough variables to hold some player's stat data.

Modding the ban enforcer to cover this case won't be easy. Originally i intended the ban lists to exist in both places like you want and only have AdKats handle syncronization of bans between servers. Unfortunately with battlefield events being what they are this is very unreliable. Additionally, the main reason that bans needed to be removed from procon is because of layer lag. If you have many banned players (greater than 5000-10000. my group had around 40000 banned players by EOL.) the procon UI and layer itself will lag very badly because every time it needs to touch that ban list or read from it (which it does every few minutes) it reads everything. The entire layer can grind to a halt or crash.

The current ban reading script is simple. It reads everything from the ban list once it detects something new or a change, sends all that data to the ban enforcer and lets it worry about duplicates/changes/etc, then just calls the clear banlist command.

If anything needs to be left in the banlist we can't call clear anymore, we'll need to individually clear out every ban except the bans associated with these players. That could cause quite a lot of performance issues for new users to the ban enforcer. To figure out which players bans should remain in the ban list i would need a flag on their player object saying not to remove bans associated with them from procon. I could probably still call clear banlist if none of the bans read-in contain users with this flag enabled. Hmm. I can brainstorm a bit more on it but I don't have the time right now, or this weekend.

• Plugin Developer

Ok, but if their name is different on discord from their in-game name do I have to do it or does it still recognize the name. That's something that has me confused is how adkats recoginezs the player and discord

If their name is exactly the same it will automatically link them, then they can change their name and it will keep the link. If their name is never the same then you will need to link them manually. Once linked their names can change however they want.

Originally Posted by IceCold*:

If their name is exactly the same it will automatically link them, then they can change their name and it will keep the link. If their name is never the same then you will need to link them manually. Once linked their names can change however they want.

will PB bans be quicker booting the players ?

Originally Posted by sixpax12*:

Edit: This has corrected itself. Perhaps a round has to complete for BFACP to recognize the server in the listings.

Ooops. Tried adding a server and getting this.

I was unaware of any issue until the BFACP started to get blade errors if you clicking on the Listing of servers ... I disabled the last server added and that error went away. I noticed tbl_server was populated but tbl_server_stats was empty.

I disabled everything for this server, and deleted the row from tbl_server for this server. Tried turning everything back on and get this:

[17:30:07 06] [AdKats] EXCEPTION-7500-A0.01-D-UploadInnerRecord-DatabaseComm38: [unexpected error uploading Record.][MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`vq37_ADKATS`.`adkats_records_debug`, CONSTRAINT `adkats_records_debug_fk_server_id` FOREIGN KEY (`server_id`) REFERENCES `tbl_server` (`ServerID`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE)

• Plugin Developer

Edit: This has corrected itself. Perhaps a round has to complete for BFACP to recognize the server in the listings.

Ooops. Tried adding a server and getting this.

I was unaware of any issue until the BFACP started to get blade errors if you clicking on the Listing of servers ... I disabled the last server added and that error went away. I noticed tbl_server was populated but tbl_server_stats was empty.

I disabled everything for this server, and deleted the row from tbl_server for this server. Tried turning everything back on and get this:

[17:30:07 06] [AdKats] EXCEPTION-7500-A0.01-D-UploadInnerRecord-DatabaseComm38: [unexpected error uploading Record.][MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`vq37_ADKATS`.`adkats_records_debug`, CONSTRAINT `adkats_records_debug_fk_server_id` FOREIGN KEY (`server_id`) REFERENCES `tbl_server` (`ServerID`) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE)

Yeah having stat logger create the server ID in that table is needed before starting AdKats. Although it should fail to start with a pretty message instead of that insert error. Maybe an exception was thrown during the startup and it tried to log that error. All exceptions that get thrown are logged in the adkats_records_debug table so there is a history of all that.

Originally Posted by D00medT0Fail*:

I don't know if I'm overlooking something, but I've been trying to turn weapon stats/chat logging off in PRoCon Chat, GUID, Stats and Map Logger and for whatever reason whenever adkats starts up, it changes the settings back. The only reason I want those specific settings turned off, is because it crashes my procon between rounds, which then causes adkats/lrt to start back up :/

• Plugin Developer

I don't know if I'm overlooking something, but I've been trying to turn weapon stats/chat logging off in PRoCon Chat, GUID, Stats and Map Logger and for whatever reason whenever adkats starts up, it changes the settings back. The only reason I want those specific settings turned off, is because it crashes my procon between rounds, which then causes adkats/lrt to start back up :/

Orchestration settings. Turn feeding of stat logger settings off.

Stat logger is crashing your procon layer between rounds?

Originally Posted by D00medT0Fail*:

Orchestration settings. Turn feeding of stat logger settings off.

Stat logger is crashing your procon layer between rounds?

Ohh thank you. I totally overlooked that! It seems so, turning the chat logging and weapon stats off, stops procon crashing between rounds. I have no idea why. Any help would be appreciated
  • Plugin Developer

Ohh thank you. I totally overlooked that! It seems so, turning the chat logging and weapon stats off, stops procon crashing between rounds. I have no idea why. Any help would be appreciated

That automatic feed is just to stop people from complaining that some things don't work on the bfacp since some sections rely on that data. Also if you're having AdKats do your chat logging (which most people should be) it forces those settings off in stat logger so you're not double logging chat messages.

I have no idea why stat logger would be crashing your procon layer though. Have you looked through any logs around crash-time for anything specific to stat logger?

EDIT: Since it's happening after every round you could try cranking the debug level up to maximum on stat logger and check what the last few messages are before it reboots.

Originally Posted by I_B1ackSanta*:

Hi, Col!

getting alot of these from 2018-09:

EXCEPTION-7500-A3.68-GetDamageTypeByWeaponCode-KillProcessing20: [No matching weapon in dictionary for FreeFall when fetching damage type.]

We are using BF3.

• Plugin Developer

Hi, Col!

getting alot of these from 2018-09:

EXCEPTION-7500-A3.68-GetDamageTypeByWeaponCode-KillProcessing20: [No matching weapon in dictionary for FreeFall when fetching damage type.]

We are using BF3.

Open your configs/BF3.def file.

Find this line.

procon.protected.weapons.add None "SoldierCollision" Primary Suicide

Add the following line below that line.

procon.protected.weapons.add None "FreeFall" Primary Suicide

Reboot your procon layer.

Hey Col. past few weeks Adkats along with Procon has been very slow for me and freezing up. anything i can do. I have three servers all on the same database. I have procon layer

• Plugin Developer

Hey Col. past few weeks Adkats along with Procon has been very slow for me and freezing up. anything i can do. I have three servers all on the same database. I have procon layer

Do you have your AdKats instances on separate procon layers? If not, they should be, only one instance of AdKats per procon layer.

Just making sure of this because procon does let you run multiple servers from the same procon layer, but AdKats being heavier than procon itself makes that very laggy.

I've seen 16 AdKats instances pointing to the same database back in the hayday of BF4, so I don't think that's the issue. I'm not sure what else could be causing the problem. Has anything changed player or setting-wise in the last few weeks that's significant?

• Plugin Developer

Also, there are some 'secret' debug toggles you can turn on to debug things. You can see these toggles by entering -10 as the debug level.

Enter the code for database read/write durations into the debug level setting to see how long it takes on average to read/write to your database.

If you want fresh numbers for those try it after recently rebooting procon. The numbers should drop over time as the AdKats startup is much heavier than its running.

I have one procon layer with all 3 servers connected and running adkats.. didn't know I could open procon separate times. I think I know what you mean I'll try it. So basiclly have 3 different procon windows open?

• Plugin Developer

I have one procon layer with all 3 servers connected and running adkats.. didn't know I could open procon separate times. I think I know what you mean I'll try it. So basiclly have 3 different procon windows open?

Oh you definitely shouldn't be connecting to multiple layers at the same time, that will make your client lag a lot even without AdKats sometimes, but that's not really what i meant. With AdKats every layer should only connect to one server, not multiple. So for 3 servers, you would have 3 separate procon layers.

To find out if you're running a procon layer with multiple servers on it instead of individual layers for each server do this: Go to your procon layer's ftp and check the configs folder, you should only see a max of 2 folders underneath that one. One called PlohoLeagueControls, and one with a hostname/ip and port number. If you have more than one folder with a hostname/ip you are using the same layer for multiple servers and need to split them up.

• Plugin Developer

what does this mean again?a4ee3e8d84c33de6934694f7d01e46b9.png Be going on for the past week only on one server

It looks like having 1300 challenge entries takes a bit of memory. Made a few changes.

Challenge entries should now be automatically cancelled if they aren't updated for 10 days.

You can now modify the memory warnings/restarts in the server settings section.

Update to 7.5.0.16 for this.

It looks like having 1300 challenge entries takes a bit of memory. Made a few changes.

Challenge entries should now be automatically cancelled if they aren't updated for 10 days.

You can now modify the memory warnings/restarts in the server settings section.

Update to 7.5.0.16 for this.

ok thanks
  • Plugin Developer

Hey Col. Adkats AFK system when enabled and ignore user list is set to false. I need to put the role keys in the list. So if say full admin being me is listed as RLE2 do i enter RLE2 or just 2?

Updated this so you can use role names and role IDs in that setting.

• Plugin Developer

These are just my opinions what what I would use and like to see.

1.Server-wide contest. ex. Most sniper headshots win 1-day VIP, Most kills in 15mins with shotgun wins, Get the highest kill streak, kill the MVP of the other team 2 times in life, Kill the same person 5 times, kill the most tanks win one day vip. Challenges that make players compete against each other I think would bring new gameplay. Maybe a challenge Bounty system to kill admins. Again these would be mixed with solo challenges as well which brings next point.

2. Having all challenges no matter what tier or the rules are to randomly be selected at the start of a round. Right now it's only able to randomly start with a rule that has tier 1 and a few other requirements. Then having a way to disable the player being able to pick his challenge. I hate seeing somepeople just do the easy challenges over and over.

Again COL. everything you put into that is great I like it the players like it I am not complaing or asking for more just my opinions.

Doing server-wide contests might get done if i have time.