Ultimate Map Manager (1.2.5.0 - 03/26/15)

Prophet731

Originally Posted by Chelrid*:

Hi,

is it normal that the Ultimate Map Manager to accept the settings takes an eternity?

Hi,

I think I've narrowed down the problem: Our Maplist.

Our Maplist currently includes 147 cards. If this was loaded into the Ultimate Map Manager, it takes forever to change the settings.

If however I create an empty Maplist, the setting changes quickly.

My hoster could not detect any errors.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by falcontx*:

Hey falcontx,

This mod and all your other mods are broken, the paypal info is corrupted ( or maybe my nortons blocking, not sure just demands a certificate to do anything )

Attachment 3629

Another note I try to set it to use time based settings and the whole setting panel for map manager breaks just a blank screen, maybe i need to set the time for procon layer or something ill have to look....

Both these issues started up in the past couple of weeks

I'll keep digging,

Thanks

Ghost

Some of the PayPal logos are broken (showing x), but the buttons still work fine. Just tested them.

So, nothing changed but the problem started occurring? You might try a fresh install, including clearing all of the saved settings for UMM in the server config file. I just tested it on the latest version of PRoCon and it works fine here.

Originally Posted by eXteR*:

Hi guys,

new on the forum and admin of a BF4 server for a while.

I've been using the plugin without errors, but today i wanted to change some config, and a lot of options are missing, also map presets.

Plugin is working fine, because a map preset that it's not showing on config list is indeed being used.

I don't get any errors when i select the plugin.

Here's a plugin screenshot.

Procon_Map_Manager.jpg

How can i fix this?

I tried to uninstall plugins, reinstall again, reboot procon layer serveral times, etc...

Last thing to try is delete config file from FTP and do all configuration from scratch.

EDIT:

Here's the current cfg config file.

http://pastebin.com/Sx4gkW46

EDIT 2:

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Deleted one of the visible map list, plugin refreshed and everything is showing as intended.

Originally Posted by EdgarAllan*:

Anyone else having the problem of not being able to select Final Stand maps in Ultimate Map manager (they aren't even listed)? The maps appear in every other plugin or in the regular Maplist function in procon.

Thanks for any help

Originally Posted by IAF-SDS*:

There's an issue when trying to load Final Stand maplists with UMM.

Falcon,

Why won't the XP4_Wlkrftry - GIANTS OF KARELIA map in ProCon's MapList tab when it is loaded thru UMM (if it loads thru maplist.txt it shows fine in ProCon's Maplist tab)?

This is what I posted in the BF4 Server Patches thread:

Hi.

If the map can be added to the server side maplist and is shown on a maplist.list command as added the name is correct. But there still is a chance of a server side bug...

Does the maplist clear out in case you don't use UMM?

Greets

Phil.

Hi Phil.

If I don't use UMM and only load the maps with maplist.txt, they show fine. But as soon as I enable UMM and it switches to the Final Stand rotation, the Walker maps disappears entirely from ProCon's MapList tab. If I change XP4_Wlkrftry to XP4_WalkerFactory in the BF4.def file, when UMM loads the Final Stand rotation, the Walker map is now shown in ProCon's MapList tab but it has a blank game mode and common name.

This is what my NFO control panel returns when I try to save a maplist with the XP4_Wlkrftry name:

This map line in your cycle had an invalid map/mode: "XP4_Wlkrftry ConquestLarge0 1", and it was ignored.

However, if I use XP4_WalkerFactory it saves it without an issue.

Are you guys sure XP4_Wlkrftry is the correct name?

EBassie has confirmed that XP4_Wlkrftry is correct with his reply at:

showthread....l=1#post112023*

Yes, because when adding it as "XP4_WalkerFactory" or even just as "Walker" the server reports it back as "XP4_Wlkrftry".

If you change the BF4.def entry to "XP4_WalkerFactory", Procon will not recognize this map in the maplist, as the server reports the map back as "XP4_Wlkrftry"

There's an issue when trying to load Final Stand maplists with UMM.

Falcon,

Why won't the XP4_Wlkrftry - GIANTS OF KARELIA map in ProCon's MapList tab when it is loaded thru UMM (if it loads thru maplist.txt it shows fine in ProCon's Maplist tab)?

This is what I posted in the BF4 Server Patches thread:

Hi Phil.

If I don't use UMM and only load the maps with maplist.txt, they show fine. But as soon as I enable UMM and it switches to the Final Stand rotation, the Walker maps disappears entirely from ProCon's MapList tab. If I change XP4_Wlkrftry to XP4_WalkerFactory in the BF4.def file, when UMM loads the Final Stand rotation, the Walker map is now shown in ProCon's MapList tab but it has a blank game mode and common name.

This is what my NFO control panel returns when I try to save a maplist with the XP4_Wlkrftry name:

This map line in your cycle had an invalid map/mode: "XP4_Wlkrftry ConquestLarge0 1", and it was ignored.

However, if I use XP4_WalkerFactory it saves it without an issue.

Are you guys sure XP4_Wlkrftry is the correct name?

EBassie has confirmed that XP4_Wlkrftry is correct with his reply at:

showthread....l=1#post112023*

It's a case-sensitivity issue.

The correct name of the map, per the server, is "XP4-WlkrFtry" with a capital F.

The BF4.def file uses "XP4_Wlkrftry" with a lowercase f.

This is causing a problem in UMM because it's pulling the data from BF4.def and is coded for case-sensitivity, since this has never been an issue in the past. From my standpoint, it's an issue that PRoCon needs to address, but can be corrected manually by updating BF4.def with the proper case. I've attached a file with it corrected.

Attached Files:

Originally Posted by vinnie911*:

Hey there,

Does your plugin support the use of custom factions for each individual map?

I run a Air Superiority server and i want to set it to run jet maps only and run it in conjunction with xVotemap and let players choose the map (maybe even the factions if possible)

EX: silk road = US vs US

atalai range = CN vs CN

dragon pass = RU vs RU

Can your plugin do that?

Thank you for your time.

I don't think it's possible to choose custom factions at all. If it's supported by the game, UMM can do it, but I'm pretty sure this is not supported.

Also, please keep all support issues in the main thread.

vars.teamFactionOverride 1 x

vars.teamFactionOverride 2 x

vars.teamFactionOverride 3 x

vars.teamFactionOverride 4 x

The vars above change the default faction, if the plugin can change those vars before loading next map then it would work. Issuing a next round command after changing vars.teamFactionOverride x x changes factions, so im pretty sure it works when map changes as well.

Sorry about the pm, i will post this in the main thread later.

UMM can issue any server command before or after the map loads.
For future reference

As i was saying in the above quote.

Im trying to change factions on a per map basis on a Air Sup server, but for some reason the plugin doesnt seem to be sending the vars.teamFactionOverride x x command as it should and i don't know why.

The faction overrides remain as set in procon, if i change them with a dirrect console command they also change in procon server settings, but the plugin doesnt manage to do that.

Any ideas?

As i was saying in the above quote.

Im trying to change factions on a per map basis on a Air Sup server, but for some reason the plugin doesnt seem to be sending the vars.teamFactionOverride x x command as it should and i don't know why.

The faction overrides remain as set in procon, if i change them with a dirrect console command they also change in procon server settings, but the plugin doesnt manage to do that.

Any ideas?

Have you looked at your console logs to see what is being sent by the plugin and what response the server is giving?

Have you looked at your console logs to see what is being sent by the plugin and what response the server is giving?

This is it, what it sends and what it gets back, as opposed to what it gets back when issued a console command.

Or if you prefer to see it for yourself http://www.twitch.tv/vinnie911/b/591104796

[09:03:46] procon.updated vars.teamFactionOverride 1 2

[09:03:46] OK

[09:03:46] procon.updated vars.teamFactionOverride 2 2

[09:03:50] server.onLevelLoaded XP1_004 AirSuperiority0 0 1

[09:03:50] vars.teamFactionOverride (automatic)

[09:03:50] OK

[09:03:50] procon.plugin.onConsole -8587850534590819799 UltimateMapManager: INFO -> Level loaded.

[09:03:51] OK 1 1 0 2 (reply for vars.teamFactionOverride with no parameters, those are the values for each team)

[09:04:56] vars.teamFactionOverride 1 1 (manual)

[09:04:56] OK

[09:04:57] procon.updated A7CFF51871CD0CE8A84E5635A240EFCD vars.teamFactionOverride 1 1

[09:04:57] OK

[09:05:03] vars.teamFactionOverride 2 1 (manual)

[09:05:03] OK

[09:05:03] procon.updated A7CFF51871CD0CE8A84E5635A240EFCD vars.teamFactionOverride 2 1

This is it, what it sends and what it gets back, as opposed to what it gets back when issued a console command.

Or if you prefer to see it for yourself http://www.twitch.tv/vinnie911/b/591104796

[09:03:46] procon.updated vars.teamFactionOverride 1 2

[09:03:46] procon.updated vars.teamFactionOverride 2 2

[09:03:50] server.onLevelLoaded XP1_004 AirSuperiority0 0 1

[09:03:50] vars.teamFactionOverride (automatic)

[09:03:50] procon.plugin.onConsole -8587850534590819799 UltimateMapManager: INFO -> Level loaded.

[09:03:51] OK 1 1 0 2 (reply for vars.teamFactionOverride with no parameters, those are the values for each team)

[09:04:56] vars.teamFactionOverride 1 1 (manual)

[09:04:56] OK

[09:04:57] procon.updated A7CFF51871CD0CE8A84E5635A240EFCD vars.teamFactionOverride 1 1

[09:04:57] OK

[09:05:03] vars.teamFactionOverride 2 1 (manual)

[09:05:03] procon.updated A7CFF51871CD0CE8A84E5635A240EFCD vars.teamFactionOverride 2 1

I see the problem. UMM is only coded to send the command followed by one option, as no server settings up until this one have had more than one. I'll try to find some time to figure out how to fix it.

Originally Posted by Mark_A16*:

Hi falcontx,

I donated ages ago and the last update I had was the 1.2.0.2. I don't know why but I haven't received any updates since then though.

You can see my post where I donated here: myrcon.net/...ultimate-map-manager#entry21062

I'm just setting up a server again and I'd like to use the latest update rather than the 1.2.0.2 that I currently have. any chance you can send it on to me please?

I see the problem. UMM is only coded to send the command followed by one option, as no server settings up until this one have had more than one. I'll try to find some time to figure out how to fix it.

Basically it is one option still (i think) but the commands are vars.teamFactionOverride 1 through 4 and options are 0 through 2, i believe the old commands were vars.team1FactionOverride, vars.team2FactionOverride, vars.team3FactionOverride and vars.team4FactionOverride followed by the option, now there's that space in the command.

If i issue a vars.teamFactionOverride 1-4 with no argument/option this is what happens

[22:38:41] vars.teamFactionOverride 1

[22:38:41] InvalidArguments

[22:38:42] procon.updated 86F3FF5EA8A722C31F46ED5AB7565895 vars.teamFactionOverride 1

Originally Posted by staazvaind*:

Hi falcontx,

I donated ages ago and the last update I had was the 1.2.0.2. I don't know why but I haven't received any updates since then though.

You can see my post where I donated here: myrcon.net/...ultimate-map-manager#entry21062

I'm just setting up a server again and I'd like to use the latest update rather than the 1.2.0.2 that I currently have. any chance you can send it on to me please?

hmmm i m only on 1.1.3.0 .... hmmmmm

yes, check me as well plz.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and aren't going too insane this Black Friday! :smile:

UMM is now available for FREE! Download is available in the first post.

I've been so busy with work and other facets of life that I haven't had much chance to dedicate to BF4 or UMM. Support requests have been slow and although there isn't really a need for too many changes, I haven't had time to even implement the couple that I had wanted to add. So, I decided that this was the best path to take.

I'll still be around to help out as time allows, but development has effectively ceased. Of course, it's a very stable platform, as the last release was in February, so that shouldn't be an issue unless DICE throws us a curveball.

Enjoy! Happy Holidays!

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by NWGadmin*:

Falcon,

I hope all is well, sir. One question for you.

The little issue we are having, is keeping the voted map between map list changes (BF4). We use a staggered set-up for UMM (based on server population), and noticed that the voted map won't stick once the threshold is hit, and the new map list is populated. At that point, it will put the first map of the new list, as the map to be played, instead of what was voted.

Could you please help us? Thank you in advance for your time!

If you are using xVotemap and the voted map exists in the new map list, it should start the new list with that map. If the voted map is not in the new list, it will not, of course.

Falcon, first and foremost, thank you for responding. I know your time is very valuable, so we thank you for the feedback.

Unfortunately, this is not what is happening. Basically, our set-up is this:

Map List 1 consists of the 4 final stand conquest maps (0-35 Players)

Map List 2 consists of All Maps, All DLC, with fan favorite mixed modes (35-64).

Let's say we start a round at 30 players, and the map is Giants of Karelia. During that round, the votemap starts, and lets say Hangar 21 is the next map voted on. At the end of that round, we may have 50+ players, causing the full list to open at the start of the next round.

Instead of going to Hangar 21, like it was voted, it will start with the First map on the 2nd map List (35-64 players). In this case, the first map on the 2nd map list, is Operation Whiteout. If there is any more information I can provide to help mitigate this issue, please let me know.

Once again, thank you for your help.

Unfortunately, in order to do any further investigation, I would need everything posted here:

showthread.p...a-plugin-issue*

Thank you again for the response. I will take care of this in the next day or so that I am off.

Once it is completed I will update.

Originally Posted by swats73*:

Hi I am having problems with server able to switch to "CUSTOM" for RUSH with the following:-

# Custom Preset: Rush1

vars.preset "NORMAL" false

vars.vehicleSpawnAllowed false

vars.vehicleSpawnDelay 100

but on loading a CQ map I am running the following but server is still showing as "CUSTOM" and procon still has the vehicle tick box unticked:-

# Custom Preset: CQ

vars.preset normal

vars.vehicleSpawnAllowed true

vars.vehicleSpawnDelay 100

vars.preset "NORMAL" true

as soon as I tick the box in procon server shows as "NORMAL"

is there any way to force it to show "NORMAL" in browser when on a CQ map?

• 3 weeks later...

Originally Posted by 397Seth*:

Hi,

I have a rather strange issue:

I use the newest version of procon and the UMM. My GSP is Nitrado and I have a 32 slot server.

I have 2 mapcyles active: 1 till 20 players and 1 above.

When playing Rush it sometimes occures that UMM reloads the maplist thus restarting the rush round counter and therefore playing three rounds of rush.

This is not always the case but often.

I have attached the requested files as a zip attachment:files.zip