Ultimate Map Manager (1.2.5.0 - 03/26/15)

Prophet731

Originally Posted by kcuestag*:

Hey kcuestag. Did you get this issue resolved or at least a work-around implemented? Looking seriously at using on our classic mode BF4 server to alternate modes using DOM for like less than 15 and CNQ Large +15. Did not want to load it if it has issues throwing those tickets up like that though.

Thanks!

Hey,

Here's what I did, moved the ticket setting and time setting to the bottom, like in the Domination preset, so went from:

# Custom Preset: Classic - 100% Tickets 100% Time Limit

vars.roundTimeLimit 100

vars.gameModeCounter 100

vars.preset Classic

vars.friendlyFire true

To this:

# Custom Preset: Classic - 100% Tickets 100% Time Limit

vars.preset Classic

vars.friendlyFire true

vars.roundTimeLimit 100

vars.gameModeCounter 100

And it seems to work fine today. Not sure if it's just a coincidence or not, again I only had this problem yesterday and wednesday, normally it would work fine.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by GaWebDev*:

Hey,

Here's what I did, moved the ticket setting and time setting to the bottom, like in the Domination preset, so went from:

To this:

And it seems to work fine today. Not sure if it's just a coincidence or not, again I only had this problem yesterday and wednesday, normally it would work fine.

Thanks. Will give it a shot. Just sent a donation to falcontx. Awaiting full version info.

Originally Posted by falcontx*:

Hi... I just downloaded the plugin, but I just can find a maplist for BF3 and not for BF4 inside the .zip file.

Someone can tell me where I can get the BF4 version?

Thx.

Please read everything under the "Download" section of the first post.

So I have to pay for the BF4 version? I thought I can test it... and if I like I donate to get the full version....

Right now, the free/test version only supports BF3. I can update it to work with BF4, but that will take some time. I just never have because no one asked for it until now. :smile:

Originally Posted by Stoertebecker*:

Right now, the free/test version only supports BF3. I can update it to work with BF4, but that will take some time. I just never have because no one asked for it until now. :smile:

That would be truly awesome. :smile: Can't wait for it.

So I have to pay for the BF4 version? I thought I can test it... and if I like I donate to get the full version....

$5 bucks is not a lot. The guys that work on these plugins contribute a great deal of their time and resources to maintain, support, and improve the plugins.

Most give freely of their time and resources to make the game administration experience better and allow for a better gaming experience for the player-base as well. Please READ the posts in this thread. The Plug-In works as stated and is more than worthy of a minimum $5 contribution. When there are issues it seems they are being addressed appropriately.

I have an issue with my plugin on a new layer I rented. I enabled presets so that I can have different tickets on each game mode or map, and the plugin is now bugged and I Can't scroll all the way down to modify the presets, and I Can't see all the maps either, this is how it looks:

Posted Image

I remember I had this issue once before, but I can't remember exactly what was causing it...

I also noticed whenever I edit a setting now, the plugin's screen goes blank and I have to close and re-open Procon to see it again.. Any clue?

PS: If it helps, I rented the layer with Nitrado.

kcuestag I see your later post after this original where you said you changed layer hosts but I'm now experiencing this exact same issue. Layer is hosted on gameservers but server is NFO. I'm not going to switch procon hosting just to resolve this issue.

Any ideas on what the cause of this is? Can't scroll all the way down to modify the presets, and I Can't see all the maps either.

Thanks!

kcuestag I see your later post after this original where you said you changed layer hosts but I'm now experiencing this exact same issue. Layer is hosted on gameservers but server is NFO. I'm not going to switch procon hosting just to resolve this issue.

Any ideas on what the cause of this is? Can't scroll all the way down to modify the presets, and I Can't see all the maps either.

Thanks!

What layer provider? I had that issue with Nitrado, moved it to Gameservers and it worked fine. I believe Nitrado may have some issues with file read/write permissions.

Yes GameServers is where my layers at. I have even went in FTP and deleted all plugin files manually, restarted layer, and re-installed, and re-started layer several times to no avail. I'm still getting the same "missing" portion of the plugin setting screen as mentioned in your post I quoted.

Yes GameServers is where my layers at. I have even went in FTP and deleted all plugin files manually, restarted layer, and re-installed, and re-started layer several times to no avail. I'm still getting the same "missing" portion of the plugin setting screen as mentioned in your post I quoted.

Deleting the plugin files won't do anything. It's an issue with the config file for your server (the one named after your game server's IP address). You'll need to edit it and remove all lines related to UMM, or at least the ones you think might be a problem.

roger that. Thanks. I have it running now without issue but with a smaller map list. However it seems there is a max map # threshold that when it's a very large #of maps in a list that the Procon UI wont let the plugin display all of the lists. I remember seeing this UI limitation referenced elsewhere in this thread I think?

Is that something that should be fixed or just a limitation of the Procon UI in regards to this plugin? Also I've noticed no reference in the plugin code to the new "classic mode" which I'm running. Can we add that in using the correct vars for that mode or does it matter that it's not in there. It has not seemed to alter my classic mode thus far so maybe it's irrelevant?

roger that. Thanks. I have it running now without issue but with a smaller map list. However it seems there is a max map # threshold that when it's a very large #of maps in a list that the Procon UI wont let the plugin display all of the lists. I remember seeing this UI limitation referenced elsewhere in this thread I think?

Is that something that should be fixed or just a limitation of the Procon UI in regards to this plugin? Also I've noticed no reference in the plugin code to the new "classic mode" which I'm running. Can we add that in using the correct vars for that mode or does it matter that it's not in there. It has not seemed to alter my classic mode thus far so maybe it's irrelevant?

Well, the plugin itself has no limits, so any limits would be due to PRoCon. You can specify Classic mode using custom presets, but if you're running it all the time, it doesn't really matter because the plugin won't change anything unless you tell it to.

Originally Posted by tarreltje*:

Dont know if it is mentioned before:

In a custom preset, if i use | it will become a -

So vars.serverName "[NOOB TOWN] NL | NOOBS on MIXED MODES | CLASSIC | PBBans" will output in:

[NOOB TOWN] NL - NOOBS on MIXED MODES - CLASSIC - PBBans

Dont know if it is mentioned before:

In a custom preset, if i use | it will become a -

So vars.serverName "[NOOB TOWN] NL | NOOBS on MIXED MODES | CLASSIC | PBBans" will output in:

[NOOB TOWN] NL - NOOBS on MIXED MODES - CLASSIC - PBBans

Why are you using the vars.serverName on a Custom Preset? You can set specific name for each maplist without doing that.
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

is it normal that the Ultimate Map Manager to accept the settings takes an eternity?

That's caused by your Procon Layer's hosting which either uses a bad connection or a bad machine...

Mine is almost instant.

Originally Posted by PvillePiper*:

I have installed the basic files on my layer server in the BF4 folder as I have always done, but it does not show up in the plugin tab in procon... What am I doing wrong? Also, I have donated... What to I have to do to enable the full plugin?

I have installed the basic files on my layer server in the BF4 folder as I have always done, but it does not show up in the plugin tab in procon... What am I doing wrong? Also, I have donated... What to I have to do to enable the full plugin?

Basic version is for BF3 only. I'll email you the full version.

Originally Posted by PvillePiper*:

I'm liking it so far. I built 3 basic map lists for small medium and large based on player counts. I really like that you can turn off the plugin and add maps, change maps on the map list and not affect the plugin. Turn the plugin back on and it resets the lists and you are off. Adding maps with the plugin requires a restart of the plugin and the plugin list is not altered. This is what I wanted. One of my admins is constantly screwing with the list and the next thing you know there are large conquest maps with 4 players....

Awesome plugin so far!