Insane Limits (0.9.17.0 - 30-MAR-2015) + BFHL

ImportBot

Originally Posted by XJaegaX*:

Thanks very much for the reply.

For more than a few lines of code, use the

markup to make the code easier to read.
Thanks my bad.

How many rounds per map do you run?

One round of each only, but will add the test at the top to handle that case.

BTW, the mapList.getMapIndices isn't useful. You won't get the answer back in time for the current limit.

Thanks, good to know.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by FLirtY-3D*:

Hello.... just a suggestion..

but you no how your limits can have a say action and a action delay...... exp (5) secs...

could we do the same with the yell action to? or would this be to much to ask ?

thankyou for your time....

Originally Posted by LumPenPacK*:

Hey PC9,

I have two questions:

Is it possible to read entries from a custom list?

Is there any way to use global lists (different servers can see them) or is it possible to read on files?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk

Originally Posted by LCARSx64*:

Hey PC9,

I have two questions:

I can answer these ...

It's not possible to read entries from a custom list.

Is there any way to use global lists (different servers can see them) or is it possible to read on files?

There is no global lists, however, you can read and write files. The following limit uses files, you can use that as an example of how to do it: myrcon.net/.../insane-limits-vip-slot-manager-vip-slot-for-help-server-start-v10

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

Hello.... just a suggestion..

but you no how your limits can have a say action and a action delay...... exp (5) secs...

could we do the same with the yell action to? or would this be to much to ask ?

thankyou for your time....

Yes, that is not too hard to do. I'm a little surprised it isn't already available! Not until some future update of the plugin, though.

Hey PC9,

I have two questions:

No, you can only test to see if a string is included in the list.

Is there any way to use global lists (different servers can see them)

Different servers, no. Different limits on the same server connection, yes, using plugin.Data or player.Data.

or is it possible to read on files?

As long as the sandbox is disabled, yes, you can read and write files.

plugin.Log(String filepath, String line) gives you an easy way to append a line of text to a file. Or you can use ordinary File object operations.

EDIT: Oops, what LCARs said. :smile:

Originally Posted by FLirtY-3D*:

Yes, that is not too hard to do. I'm a little surprised it isn't already available! Not until some future update of the plugin, though.

Thankyou PapaCharlie9....

Originally Posted by SleepDK*:

Hello

I have a problem with Insane Limits (running latest version). I am running a BF4 server, and i want to kick people with higher than 2.5 k/d. The problem is, that IL seems to be fetching BF3 stats, and not BF4.

Battlelog cache is enabled, and by viewing the database tables, I can see the stats (my own BF3 stats and not BF4).

Another thing: By testing !web stats sleep_dk, it show NaN for all stats fetched. What am i doing wrong?

Hello

I have a problem with Insane Limits (running latest version). I am running a BF4 server, and i want to kick people with higher than 2.5 k/d. The problem is, that IL seems to be fetching BF3 stats, and not BF4.

Battlelog cache is enabled, and by viewing the database tables, I can see the stats (my own BF3 stats and not BF4).

Another thing: By testing !web stats sleep_dk, it show NaN for all stats fetched. What am i doing wrong?

Battlelog Cache is not supported for BF4. Disable it and make sure use_direct_fetch it True and things should work better.

Originally Posted by SleepDK*:

Battlelog Cache is not supported for BF4. Disable it and make sure use_direct_fetch it True and things should work better.

DOH.. maybe I should learn to read better :smile:

Thank you so much, It's working perfectly now

Originally Posted by lvytn*:

Hello, I´m novice in plugins stuff so I have no idea how to properly set this plugin up. If someone could give me a step-by-step hint how to set it, I would be really glad.

Only thing I want to be limited is using jets. No jets actually. So if player use jet, it will immediately kill him. Maybe message about why player was killed would be fine, but not needed.

Any advice is appriciated.

Hello, I´m novice in plugins stuff so I have no idea how to properly set this plugin up. If someone could give me a step-by-step hint how to set it, I would be really glad.

Only thing I want to be limited is using jets. No jets actually. So if player use jet, it will immediately kill him. Maybe message about why player was killed would be fine, but not needed.

Any advice is appriciated.

The best step-by-step instructions are in the video in the first post of this thread. Actually, click on the link below the video frame to go directly to the YouTube page, where you can play the video full screen.

You can't kill someone for just using a jet, but you can kill them if they kill someone else. The only time Procon knows what weapon a killer used is when a kill actually happens. If a player just flies around in a jet and never kills anyone, there's no way to stop that.

Do you need this for BF3 or BF4? Detecting a jet kill versus any other vehicle is only possible in BF4.

Originally Posted by lvytn*:

The best step-by-step instructions are in the video in the first post of this thread. Actually, click on the link below the video frame to go directly to the YouTube page, where you can play the video full screen.

You can't kill someone for just using a jet, but you can kill them if they kill someone else. The only time Procon knows what weapon a killer used is when a kill actually happens. If a player just flies around in a jet and never kills anyone, there's no way to stop that.

Do you need this for BF3 or BF4? Detecting a jet kill versus any other vehicle is only possible in BF4.

Thanks for reply, PapaCharlie 9. However, I need this for BF3.

So, is anyway how to limit jets, without constant presence of admin?

• 2 weeks later...

How does rank

Do you mean, how do you kick players if their rank is 20 or higher?

Create a limit to evaluate OnJoin.

Set first_check to this Expression:

Code:

(player.Rank >= 20)
Set Action to Kick and fill in the form for the message, something like, "Your rank is too high, this server is for less than 20".

Hello, I'm trying to level below 20 level NOOB KICK. . . . .just mean noob level rank

That is what that limit does.

Also, you don't have to ask the same question in multiple threads. Just ask here.

Originally Posted by superman50*:

Sorry! Perhaps my English is not good, so the expression in question, please see PRCON execution command

[01:49:40 34] [insane Limits] Thread (fetch): Web-Stats for jaku0851 logged to: Logs \ 124.248.225.146_25508 \ 20140601_battle.log

[01:49:42 24] [insane Limits] Thread (fetch): kicking player jaku0851, (activated Limit # 1), with message: "violated Limit # 1 Simple Rank Limit"

[01:49:42 24] [insane Limits] Thread (fetch): WARNING: not kicking jaku0851, virtual_mode is on

I would like to express is kicked out of the players below level 20, RANK I set 20. But it did not work.

This is what I want to express doubts.

That is what that limit does.

Also, you don't have to ask the same question in multiple threads. Just ask here.

Sorry! Perhaps my English is not good, so the expression in question, please see PRCON execution command

[01:49:40 34] [insane Limits] Thread (fetch): Web-Stats for jaku0851 logged to: Logs \ 124.248.225.146_25508 \ 20140601_battle.log

[01:49:42 24] [insane Limits] Thread (fetch): kicking player jaku0851, (activated Limit # 1), with message: "violated Limit # 1 Simple Rank Limit"

[01:49:42 24] [insane Limits] Thread (fetch): WARNING: not kicking jaku0851, virtual_mode is on

I would like to express is kicked out of the players below level 20, RANK I set 20. But it did not work.

If you're talking about the Simple Rank Limit example ...*, then just change the first_check Expression to: Code:
( player.Rank < 20 )
If you're talking about the Smart Rank Limt example ...*, then change the first_check Expression to: Code:
(  player.Rank < 20   &&  server.PlayerCount > 30  )
If you mean that the limit isn't performing the kick action, I noticed:

That means you have Virtual mode switched on either in the Insane Limits settings or for the limit itself. To fix it:

• For Insane Limits Settings: Change virtual_mode to False
  • For Limit #1: Change limit_1_state to Enabled

Originally Posted by superman50*:

Thakn~you~~~best wish

if you're talking about the simple rank limit example ...*, then just change the first_check expression to: Code:

( player.rank < 20 )
if you're talking about the smart rank limt example ...*, then change the first_check expression to: Code:
(  player.rank < 20   &&  server.playercount > 30  )
if you mean that the limit isn't performing the kick action, i noticed:

That means you have virtual mode switched on either in the insane limits settings or for the limit itself. To fix it:

• for insane limits settings: Change virtual_mode to false
  • for limit #1: Change limit_1_state to enabled

Nevermind, LCARs already answered. :smile: I respond to messages linearly, so this is going to happen from time to time.

First, you have a problem. You need to find the setting virtual_mode and set it to False. That is why the kick is not working.

You want to kick a player who is a noob? Anyone who is lower than rank 20? I see. That is unusual, usually people want to keep noobs and kick pros. Okay, then use this Expression for first_check:

Code:

(player.Rank < 20)
The Action is the same. Just change the message to "Kicking noobs with level less than 20" or something like that.
  • 3 weeks later...

Originally Posted by bckrv*:

Hello Papa and mates,

Since BF3 free my server Pistol only server is unplayable, new players with low rank join and start to shoot without read the server rules. Is possible to limit to rank to join my server with Insane Limits? If yes please can you help me? I would like to block low ranks till 1>20. Thanks for your help, regards

Papa, I'm not sure if you are aware of this or not.

On a BF4 server if a player is awarded a kill via Suppression Counts As A Kill, the OnKill event isn't triggered for that particular player.

Now I do realize that's not something you can do anything about, I just thought it would be something to keep in mind whilst writing limits based on the OnKill event. :smile:

P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I wasn't sure if it should be in this thread or the Insane Limits Requests thread.

Hello Papa and mates,

Since BF3 free my server Pistol only server is unplayable, new players with low rank join and start to shoot without read the server rules. Is possible to limit to rank to join my server with Insane Limits? If yes please can you help me? I would like to block low ranks till 1>20. Thanks for your help, regards

The best place to request new or improved limits is the Insane Limits Request thread:

myrcon.net/.../insane-limits-requests

There, post more details about what you want. Why isn't the temp ban punishment working for people using the wrong weapon? Blocking all low ranks seems drastic.

Papa, I'm not sure if you are aware of this or not.

On a BF4 server if a player is awarded a kill via Suppression Counts As A Kill, the OnKill event isn't triggered for that particular player.

Now I do realize that's not something you can do anything about, I just thought it would be something to keep in mind whilst writing limits based on the OnKill event. :smile:

P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I wasn't sure if it should be in this thread or the Insane Limits Requests thread.

I think that's an interesting philosophical question. Suppression counts as a kills (SCAAK) doesn't actually kill the victim, some other killer gets that responsibility. As I understand it, SCAAK is a tally point for your stats, but you can't get that award unless someone else on your team actually kills the victim. It's the same as kill assist. If you do 95% of the damage to a victim and someone else does the remaining 5%, they get the primary kill tally, but you also get a kill stat award.

So you are right insofar as kill stats, KPM, and such are involved. You couldn't, for example, calculate the number of victims from the total number of kills.

With respect to who killed whom with what weapon, though, I think the OnKill event is still accurate. If you want to punish sniper kills, it doesn't matter if some accomplices got kill stat awards for suppressing or kill assisting.

• 4 weeks later...

Originally Posted by EBassie*:

hello.tell me how to put a limit so would not climbed the mountain on locker and the roof on the rogue transmission

That's impossible to do, Procon has no knowledge of the player's position.