Jump to content

Insane Limits (0.9.17.0 - 30-MAR-2015) + BFHL


ImportBot

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by King2*:

 

Post your Battlelog Profile. I don't think you understand the ranks correctly.

 

Rank 100 actual equals Rank 145.

Thanks Singh400. Is there a list or elase a way to convert what each of the ranks actual values are?
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by Singh400*:

 

Thanks Singh400. Is there a list or elase a way to convert what each of the ranks actual values are?

It tells you on your Battlelog profile. Ignore the rank symbol, look at the line underneath to reveal the correct rank.

 

COLONEL SERVICE STAR 100 = RANK 145

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by King2*:

 

It tells you on your Battlelog profile. Ignore the rank symbol, look at the line underneath to reveal the correct rank.

 

COLONEL SERVICE STAR 100 = RANK 145

Thanks for the quick replay Sing400. I see what you are talking about now. Right now I am a Colonel 52 but but my rank is 97. So the plugin was working I just put in the wrong value for what I was trying to limit.

 

Works perfect now. Thanks again!

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by HexaCanon*:

 

DONE inserting 1 new players, 62 still in queue, took a total of 142 secs

anyway i can figure out why fetching time is suddenly over 100 seconds across all of my layers?

 

edit :

 

[19:44:49 16] [insane Limits] Thread(fetch): DONE inserting 1 new players, 62 still in queue, took a total of 102 secs

[19:46:29 24] [insane Limits] Thread(fetch): DONE inserting 1 new players, 60 still in queue, took a total of 100 secs

[19:48:09 41] [insane Limits] Thread(fetch): DONE inserting 1 new players, 61 still in queue, took a total of 100 secs

[19:49:49 40] [insane Limits] Thread(fetch): DONE inserting 1 new players, 60 still in queue, took a total of 100 secs

[19:51:33 03] [insane Limits] Thread(fetch): DONE inserting 1 new players, 58 still in queue, took a total of 104 secs

[19:53:14 82] [insane Limits] Thread(fetch): DONE inserting 1 new players, 55 still in queue, took a total of 102 secs

[19:54:54 73] [insane Limits] Thread(fetch): DONE inserting 1 new players, 56 still in queue, took a total of 100 secs

[19:56:36 53] [insane Limits] Thread(fetch): DONE inserting 1 new players, 56 still in queue, took a total of 102 secs

[19:58:16 72] [insane Limits] Thread(fetch): DONE inserting 1 new players, 53 still in queue, took a total of 100 secs

 

-----

 

[19:51:24 95] [insane Limits] Thread(fetch): DONE inserting 1 new players, 49 still in queue, took a total of 101 secs

[19:53:05 57] [insane Limits] Thread(fetch): DONE inserting 1 new players, 48 still in queue, took a total of 101 secs

[19:54:46 15] [insane Limits] Thread(fetch): DONE inserting 1 new players, 54 still in queue, took a total of 101 secs

[19:56:26 78] [insane Limits] Thread(fetch): DONE inserting 1 new players, 55 still in queue, took a total of 101 secs

[19:58:07 09] [insane Limits] Thread(fetch): DONE inserting 1 new players, 56 still in queue, took a total of 100 secs

[19:59:47 82] [insane Limits] Thread(fetch): DONE inserting 1 new players, 55 still in queue, took a total of 101 secs

something is not right
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by HexaCanon*:

 

this error started today

 

Code:

[12:27:42] [Insane Limits] Thread(fetch): awake! no timeout
[12:27:42] [Insane Limits] Thread(fetch): awake! checking queue ...
[12:27:42] [Insane Limits] Thread(fetch): Nothing to do, fetch going back to sleep...
[12:27:42] [Insane Limits] Thread(fetch): no new players, will wait, signalling enforcer thread
[12:27:42] [Insane Limits] Thread(fetch): waiting, timeout after 120 seconds
[12:27:42] Plugin manager entering panic..
[12:27:42] Plugin invocation timeout: 
[12:27:42] Fault in plugin call to InsaneLimits.OnPlayerKilled
Call exceeded maximum execution time of 00:00:59
Full log 20130228_plugin.zip
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

 

this error started today

Code:
[12:27:42] Plugin manager entering panic..
[12:27:42] Plugin invocation timeout: 
[12:27:42] Fault in plugin call to InsaneLimits.OnPlayerKilled
Call exceeded maximum execution time of 00:00:59
What limits are you running that trigger OnKill/OnDeath? My guess is that you have a big/long one that is stuck in a loop.

 

The only thing Insane Limits does is call all of the limits that evaluate on that event.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by HexaCanon*:

 

Code:

[12:27:42] Plugin manager entering panic..
[12:27:42] Plugin invocation timeout: 
[12:27:42] Fault in plugin call to InsaneLimits.OnPlayerKilled
Call exceeded maximum execution time of 00:00:59
What limits are you running that trigger OnKill/OnDeath? My guess is that you have a big/long one that is stuck in a loop.

 

The only thing Insane Limits does is call all of the limits that evaluate on that event.

hm.. might be my new !bipod and !mortar limit i made. i will look them up.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by IAF-SDS*:

 

See posts ...* as related to the issue below.

 

When I restart ProCon, all of my plugins and settings are fine, except on occasion (unpredictable) the Insane Limits plugin reverts to it's default install stage and I have to either agree to the privacy policy again to get my limits back or, like this morning, even though I agreed to the privacy policy agreement, I lost my limits and have to input them again.

 

What's interesting and perhaps related is that I only had IL revert to its default install stage and lose its limits on server #1, while server #2 has the limits and was working fine. But, as soon as I went in to input the limits again in server #1, it automatically transferred what I was doing to server #2.

 

In other words, I started to set the surrender limit with the expression first (which I copied from the server #2 side for convenience), and then when I set the next part to CODE and bounced over to the server #2 side to copy the code from there and insert it on the server #1 side, I noticed suddenly the code was gone from the server #2 side and it now looked exactly like the incomplete surrender limit from server #1.

 

I've also seen recently when I set the Mercy limit on one server, and then when I went to set it on the other server, it already had it because it was essentially mirroring what was done on one side to the other.

 

Other times, when I make changes in a limit on one server, it doesn't mirror to the other server (nor should it) and I will normally input the limits to each server accordingly.

 

This is what I saw in the plugin console when I restarted ProCon and watched the plugins load:

 

[05:27:56 85] [insane Limits] Enabled!

[05:27:57 59] [insane Limits] Thread(activator): Waiting for privacy_policy_agreement value

[05:27:57 59] [insane Limits] Thread(activator): WARNING: You must review and accept the Privacy Policy before plugin can be activated

 

 

Is the privacy policy causing this, or maybe is this somehow related to the BASE64 issue you cleared up for Fantasy yesterday?

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

 

Is the privacy policy causing this, or maybe is this somehow related to the BASE64 issue you cleared up for Fantasy yesterday?

Sounds to me like two issues: 1) someone or something is corrupting your Procon plugin configuration file, causing the request for privacy policy, and 2) there is confusion between your various config files for server #1 vs server #2. One may not be the cause of the other.

 

(1) might just be a timing issue of when the file is read, which would explain why Singh400's remedy works.

 

(2) might be related to the root cause of xFantasyGirlx's issue: did you by chance create settings for server #2 by copying .cfg/.conf files from server #1?

 

The way this is supposed to work is that each game server ip_port combination gets its own Procon ip_port.cfg file. The general settings of IL (everything but limits and lists, like the privacy policy) are stored in the procon/Configs/ip_port.cfg file. The ip_port.cfg file also stores the name of the file that contains limits and lists (procon/Plugins/BF3/InsaneLimits?ip_port.conf).

 

Based on the symptoms of (2), my guess is that the .cfg file for server #1 points at the IL .conf file for server #1, and the .cfg file for server #2 also points at the IL .conf file for server #1!

 

You should be able to straighten this all out by following similar steps I gave to xFantasyGirlx. First, make backup copies of all of the .cfg and .conf files you can find. Insure that you have .conf file for server #1 and a .conf filee for server #2 with different and corresponding ip_port values in the file names (if you don't, make a copy and rename it to the corresponding ip_port). Then delete the same line in the .cfg file I instructed xFGx to delete and restart. That will force IL to use the default name of the .conf file, which is the ip_port of the .cfg file.

 

xFGx post for reference:

showthread....ll=1#post67888*

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by dyn*:

 

[05:27:56 85] [insane Limits] Enabled!

[05:27:57 59] [insane Limits] Thread(activator): Waiting for privacy_policy_agreement value

[05:27:57 59] [insane Limits] Thread(activator): WARNING: You must review and accept the Privacy Policy before plugin can be activated

 

 

Is the privacy policy causing this, or maybe is this somehow related to the BASE64 issue you cleared up for Fantasy yesterday?

I've had this happen before and there is a solution to this problem somewhere on the forum without restarting procon.

 

Going off memory I THINK the process is:

 

Ensure the plugin is disabled / unchecked, accept the policy, and then enable the plugin.

 

I did search on the forum here for the solution I used but can't locate it. Also, this used to happen quite frequently. One day it just stopped... no idea why.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by IAF-SDS*:

 

I've had this happen before and there is a solution to this problem somewhere on the forum without restarting procon.

 

Going off memory I THINK the process is:

 

Ensure the plugin is disabled / unchecked, accept the policy, and then enable the plugin.

 

I did search on the forum here for the solution I used but can't locate it. Also, this used to happen quite frequently. One day it just stopped... no idea why.

It also went away for me. Then it came back. Now it comes and goes in an unpredictable manner, and it's the only plugin that does this for me.

 

In fact, it happened again about an hour ago when ProCon was restarted because the provider updated the VDS, but this time I did what Singh said and it worked. Unchecked the plugin, waited about 30 seconds, rechecked it, and it was back to normal by skipping the privacy policy screen and loading my limits.

 

Im going to try what Papa wrote above, and Im hoping it will fix the issue. If not, I will try dyn's method thereafter.

 

Insane Limits with the limits created by Papa is fantastic and too critical.

 

Thanks for the input guys.

 

 

It's interesting that there are quite a few of us experiencing this.

 

Papa, if you kill having to accept the privacy policy and those other three settings about tweeting (kill the first screen essentially), perhaps we could avoid this for everyone across the board? Not sure if that would stop it, but if there's no first screen with stuff to accept, it should go straight to the loaded limits.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

 

It's interesting that there are quite a few of us experiencing this.

Yes, but there are also quite of few of us who clone new game server setups by copying config files. Doing that improperly may be the root cause.

 

Still, I could put some additional synchronization into the code to reduce the chance of a timing issue, which is the other possible explanation.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by Singh400*:

 

I guess the other option would be to strip the privacy policy from the plugin, AFAIK IL is the only plugin to have it.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

 

I guess the other option would be to strip the privacy policy from the plugin, AFAIK IL is the only plugin to have it.

Yeah, I could do that, but then micovery won't get a Twitter feed of all your bans anymore ...
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by IAF-SDS*:

 

You should be able to straighten this all out by following similar steps I gave to xFantasyGirlx. First, make backup copies of all of the .cfg and .conf files you can find. Insure that you have .conf file for server #1 and a .conf filee for server #2 with different and corresponding ip_port values in the file names (if you don't, make a copy and rename it to the corresponding ip_port). Then delete the same line in the .cfg file I instructed xFGx to delete and restart. That will force IL to use the default name of the .conf file, which is the ip_port of the .cfg file.

 

xFGx post for reference:

showthread....ll=1#post67888*

I went in and followed your instructions above, including deleting from both cfg files the BASE64 line and restarting.

 

What's interesting is I noticed my server one conf file was 0 KB (last time modified in January) and the one for server two was around 60 KB (last time modified today). Now, both server one and server two conf files are 33 KB (both last modified today). It must have been storing everything for both servers on conf file #2. I also confirmed that both cfg files for server one and two had the identical BASE64 line.

 

 

When I restarted, I lost my limits for server one, and none of the tricks would bring them back, but I re-entered everything. I have confirmed that the BASE64 was added back after the restart, but it is different for server one versus server two. I think I was encountering two issues: 1) The BASE64 issue, and 2) A timing issue for the privacy policy.

 

 

I would recommend adding a Note in red on page one for Insane Limits explaining that the BASE64 line must be deleted when cloning one cfg file for a new server.

 

Thanks Papa for your help again.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

 

I would recommend adding a Note in red on page one for Insane Limits explaining that the BASE64 line must be deleted when cloning one cfg file for a new server.

Good suggestions, will do.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by Singh400*:

 

Additional rcon commands

We added some additional rcon commands for players renting a server on PC. For documentation on these, please reach out to your server provider.

Added player.idleDuration rcon command.

Added player.isAlive rcon command.

Added player.ping rcon command.

Added squad.listActive rcon command.

Added squad.listPlayers rcon command.

Added squad.private rcon command.

Added squad.leader rcon command.

Added player rank to listPlayers rcon command.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...0253179557023/
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by LumPenPacK*:

 

After the update I have the following two errors:

 

[22:20:30 25] [insane Limits] Thread(activator): EXCEPTION: Timeout(30 seconds) expired, while waiting for list_handle within getMapListSync

 

[22:24:09 36] [insane Limits] Thread(fetch): EXCEPTION: Timeout(30 seconds) expired, while waiting for info_handle within getServerInfoSync

 

Any idea how to fix?

 

UPDATE:

 

I think its not an insane limits issue. After the update, procon has some lags because of huge CPU usage.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by Singh400*:

 

Increase your time out to at least 61 seconds. It's not an IL issue as you've correctly identified. It's usually network congestion of the procon level.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

 

Changes made for 0.9.9.0

 

Incorporated some new features of BF3 R-38 and Procon 1.4.0.7.

 

  • Added player.Ping (returns int)
  • Added server.GameModeCounter (returns double)
  • Added server.CTFRoundTimeModifier (returns double)
  • Added plugin.CheckPlayerIdle(String name) function (returns double)

Note about the use of plugin.CheckPlayerIdle

 

This function is a bit tricky to use. In order to reduce load on the game server and layer, a player's idle is only checked if their current round Score is 0 and their current round Deaths is 0. This check is performed periodically (OnListPlayers). For all other cases, the idle is returned as 0. This means that a player who started to play the round and then went idle will have an idle time of 0. If the name of the player is not recognized, -1 is returned.

 

Each call to CheckPlayerIdle that returns 0 will request an update from the server, so that the next time you call the function for the same player, you will have an updated idle time. That said, it doesn't do any good to do this in a single limit:

 

Code:

double time = plugin.CheckPlayerIdle(player.Name);
if (time == 0) time = plugin.CheckPlayerIdle(player.Name);
The second call will also return 0, because the game server hasn't had a chance to process the request yet.

 

Instead, this function is best used in OnIntervalServer limits. Each interval, you can check a list of players, calling plugin.CheckPlayerIdle just once. Eventually, the call will return an updated value -- which may be 0 if the player is indeed not idle!

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by dyn*:

 

Changes made for 0.9.9.0

 

Incorporated some new features of BF3 R-38 and Procon 1.4.0.7.

Very nice work! I can already see some of the possibilities now that ping and idle time are possible. Thank you PC9.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by LumPenPacK*:

 

Increase your time out to at least 61 seconds. It's not an IL issue as you've correctly identified. It's usually network congestion of the procon level.

mhh, I've set the timeout value to 60 sec, I have an average procon CPU usage of ~6% and I'm still getting these errors. I'm pretty sure not having this errors before I've updated procon to 1.4.0.7.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by HexaCanon*:

 

mhh, I've set the timeout value to 60 sec, I have an average procon CPU usage of ~6% and I'm still getting these errors. I'm pretty sure not having this errors before I've updated procon to 1.4.0.7.

what other plugins you use ? just interested.
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by LumPenPacK*:

 

what other plugins you use ? just interested.

Adpative Server Size

Adaptive Ticket Count (temporary not in use)

AdminIn & Spawn Message

Battlelog Cache

BF3 Chat, GUID, Stats and Map Logger (temporary disabled to decrease CPU usage)

Cheat detector (temporary disabled to decrease CPU usage)

In-Game Admin (temporary disabled to decrease CPU usage, I'm surprised of the high CPU usage of this plugin)

Latency Manager (temporary disabled to decrease CPU usage)

Server Rules on Request

True Balancer BF3 (tested some settings, also tried to disable this plugin to decrease CPU usage but timeout errors are still existing)

Ultimate Map Manager

Metabans

PBSS

 

I've tried to disable/enable all plugins while watching the CPU usage on my Brazos CPU. ATM I have an average CPU usage of 5% an nearly no peaks but this timeout error is still existing, even with 90 sec timeout value.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by HexaCanon*:

 

Adpative Server Size

Adaptive Ticket Count (temporary not in use)

AdminIn & Spawn Message

Battlelog Cache

BF3 Chat, GUID, Stats and Map Logger (temporary disabled to decrease CPU usage)

Cheat detector (temporary disabled to decrease CPU usage)

In-Game Admin (temporary disabled to decrease CPU usage, I'm surprised of the high CPU usage of this plugin)

Latency Manager (temporary disabled to decrease CPU usage)

Server Rules on Request

True Balancer BF3 (tested some settings, also tried to disable this plugin to decrease CPU usage but timeout errors are still existing)

Ultimate Map Manager

Metabans

PBSS

 

I've tried to disable/enable all plugins while watching the CPU usage on my Brazos CPU. ATM I have an average CPU usage of 5% an nearly no peaks but this timeout error is still existing, even with 90 sec timeout value.

for me TB stats fetching made it almost impossible to fetch a player stats ( took 600+ seconds for one player), i disabled stats fetching there, wiped the database and started one layer at a time (since i have 10 layers).

 

this is just a possibility, not an answer.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by LumPenPacK*:

 

You did a wipe of our mysql database?

 

The issue with the procon layer is a little bit weird. CPU usage seems to be okay but when I use some commands procon has some huge lags.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Originally Posted by HexaCanon*:

 

You did a wipe of our mysql database?

 

The issue with the procon layer is a little bit weird. CPU usage seems to be okay but when I use some commands procon has some huge lags.

hm.. i still have the lag, the weird thing it is only on 2 of my layers.

 

i will try to find why there is lag.

 

Edit : i wont relate the issue to the plugin version yet. my retarded brain tells me it might be latency manager.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Our picks

    • Game Server Hosting:

      We're happy to announce that EZRCON will branch out into the game server provider scene. This is a big step for us so please having patience if something doesn't go right in this area. Now, what makes us different compared to other providers? Well, we're going with the idea of having a scaleable server hosting and providing more control in how you set up your server. For example, in Minecraft, you have the ability to control how many CPU cores you wish your server to have access to, how much RAM you want to use, how much disk space you want to use. This type of control can't be offered in a single service package so you're able to configure a custom package the way you want it.

      You can see all the available games here. Currently, we have the following games available.

      Valheim (From $1.50 USD)


      Rust (From $3.20 USD)


      Minecraft (Basic) (From $4.00 USD)


      Call of Duty 4X (From $7.00 USD)


      OpenTTD (From $4.00 USD)


      Squad (From $9.00 USD)


      Insurgency: Sandstorm (From $6.40 USD)


      Changes to US-East:

      Starting in January 2022, we will be moving to a different provider that has better support, better infrastructure, and better connectivity. We've noticed that the connection/routes to this location are not ideal and it's been hard getting support to correct this. Our contract for our two servers ends in March/April respectively. If you currently have servers in this location you will be migrated over to the new provider. We'll have more details when the time comes closer to January. The new location for this change will be based out of Atlanta, GA. If you have any questions/concerns please open a ticket and we'll do our best to answer them.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello All,

      I wanted to give an update to how EZRCON is doing. As of today we have 56 active customers using the services offered. I'm glad its doing so well and it hasn't been 1 year yet. To those that have services with EZRCON, I hope the service is doing well and if not please let us know so that we can improve it where possible. We've done quite a few changes behind the scenes to improve the performance hopefully. 

      We'll be launching a new location for hosting procon layers in either Los Angeles, USA or Chicago, IL. Still being decided on where the placement should be but these two locations are not set in stone yet. We would like to get feedback on where we should have a new location for hosting the Procon Layers, which you can do by replying to this topic. A poll will be created where people can vote on which location they would like to see.

      We're also looking for some suggestions on what else you would like to see for hosting provider options. So please let us know your thoughts on this matter.
      • 4 replies
    • Hi All,

      So seeing as Venice Unleased is released, I'm looking into if I should offer game hosting for it. I would like some feedback on this subject.

      VU - Experience Battlefield 3 like never before! (veniceunleashed.net)
      • 3 replies
    • So as the topic title says, should EZRCON offer general web hosting services?
      • 1 reply
    • Added ability to disable the new API check for player country info


      Updated GeoIP database file


      Removed usage sending stats


      Added EZRCON ad banner



      If you are upgrading then you may need to add these two lines to your existing installation in the file procon.cfg. To enable these options just change False to True.

      procon.private.options.UseGeoIpFileOnly False
      procon.private.options.BlockRssFeedNews False



       
      • 2 replies
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.