Insane Limits (0.9.17.0 - 30-MAR-2015) + BFHL

ImportBot

Originally Posted by LumPenPacK*:

hm.. i still have the lag, the weird thing it is only on 2 of my layers.

i will try to find why there is lag.

Maybe you are right and it's a problem of the Latency Manager. But even if I disable the Latency Manager plugin, procon sends ping commands all the time. Is maybe the new ping command the problem?
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by HexaCanon*:

Maybe you are right and it's a problem of the Latency Manager. But even if I disable the Latency Manager plugin, procon sends ping commands all the time. Is maybe the new ping command the problem?

the only advice i can give you is to set debug level to 8 and enable logging. so that later PC9 can help you investigate.

one thing i do not understand is this

Code:

[17:42:41 27] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: lukasek999999, 24
[17:42:41 30] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: M3ss3rschmitt, 51
[17:42:41 33] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: MajestikK_91, 68
[17:42:41 38] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: marcmurder, 77
[17:42:41 40] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: marcron40, 69
[17:42:41 47] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: McEuler, 17
[17:42:41 51] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: Molylepke, 20
[17:42:41 55] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: Pinhasik, 68
[17:42:41 58] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: PoloDouBraziil, 50
[17:42:41 60] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: RemaKe_KUSSSSSSS, 56
[17:42:41 65] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: retro64, 94
[17:42:41 66] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: Richardfburton, 18
[17:42:41 74] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: sirmalle, 42
[17:42:41 77] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: SirYorik, 41
[17:42:41 80] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: The_Easy_0ne, 43
[17:42:41 83] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: TheTaques, 15
[17:42:41 88] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: ThrReX, 24
[17:42:41 91] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: TR_BASKURT, 79
[17:42:41 94] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: -UA-_-ChAOSINA-, 60
[17:42:41 97] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: urugthai, 54
[17:42:42 01] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: vadimRUS161, 78
[17:42:42 07] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: Vinnt, 45
[17:42:42 11] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: Vlyter, 81
[17:42:42 18] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: warTNT_tr, 46
[17:42:42 21] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: Wikkaa098, 67
[17:42:42 24] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: Xsier, 48
[17:42:42 27] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: XxSnOXx, 22
i am getting spammed by it, i have no limit related to player ping.

Originally Posted by EBassie*:

Procon needs to send those ping commands to the players. That's the way DICE implemented ping.

Our beloved Procon Devs still hope on a 'normal' implementation like we had with BC2 where the players ping is in the "listPlayers" scope.

The problem now with many servers on layer or a client is that the console tabs are getting spammed by ping requests and answers.

That may cause the procon instances to lag.

the only advice i can give you is to set debug level to 8 and enable logging. so that later PC9 can help you investigate.

one thing i do not understand is this

Code:

[17:42:41 27] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: lukasek999999, 24
[17:42:41 30] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: M3ss3rschmitt, 51
[17:42:41 33] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: MajestikK_91, 68
[17:42:41 38] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: marcmurder, 77
[17:42:41 40] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: marcron40, 69
[17:42:41 47] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: McEuler, 17
[17:42:41 51] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: Molylepke, 20
[17:42:41 55] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: Pinhasik, 68
[17:42:41 58] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: PoloDouBraziil, 50
[17:42:41 60] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: RemaKe_KUSSSSSSS, 56
[17:42:41 65] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: retro64, 94
[17:42:41 66] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: Richardfburton, 18
[17:42:41 74] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: sirmalle, 42
[17:42:41 77] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: SirYorik, 41
[17:42:41 80] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: The_Easy_0ne, 43
[17:42:41 83] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: TheTaques, 15
[17:42:41 88] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: ThrReX, 24
[17:42:41 91] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: TR_BASKURT, 79
[17:42:41 94] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: -UA-_-ChAOSINA-, 60
[17:42:41 97] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: urugthai, 54
[17:42:42 01] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: vadimRUS161, 78
[17:42:42 07] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: Vinnt, 45
[17:42:42 11] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: Vlyter, 81
[17:42:42 18] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: warTNT_tr, 46
[17:42:42 21] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: Wikkaa098, 67
[17:42:42 24] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: Xsier, 48
[17:42:42 27] [Insane Limits] Got OnPlayerPingedByAdmin: XxSnOXx, 22
i am getting spammed by it, i have no limit related to player ping.
I get the same messages with debug level 9 and I also have no limits which use the ping command but maybe insane limits only shows these messages because when I go to console tab I see procon itself spams the ping command, probably to show the ping to the players tab.

Procon needs to send those ping commands to the players. That's the way DICE implemented ping.

Our beloved Procon Devs still hope on a 'normal' implementation like we had with BC2 where the players ping is in the "listPlayers" scope.

The problem now with many servers on layer or a client is that the console tabs are getting spammed by ping requests and answers.

That may cause the procon instances to lag.

I am still not sure whats the reason for my heavy lag problems with procon since 1.4.0.7 update but is there anyway to disable the ping command completely to see if this is the problem ?

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

Guys, none of this has anything to do with Insane Limits. This is all the new BF3 R-38 and Procon 1.4.0.7. Insane Limits is just the messenger letting you know that your connection to your layer, or your layer to your game server, is congested/lagged. It's not caused by Insane Limits, it's telling you that the on-going congestion is having a negative impact on the operation of Insane Limits.

I modified the timeout message to explain this. Maybe I should have just turned it off. :sad:

the only advice i can give you is to set debug level to 8

You should not routinely run with debug_level set to 8, or even 5. You are causing lag for yourself. All that spam being written to the log file slows Procon down.

4 is the highest you should run on a regular basis. The higher settings are intended to debug specific problems and only be run when needed to solve those problems.

Guys, none of this has anything to do with Insane Limits. This is all the new BF3 R-38 and Procon 1.4.0.7. Insane Limits is just the messenger letting you know that your connection to your layer, or your layer to your game server, is congested/lagged. It's not caused by Insane Limits, it's telling you that the on-going congestion is having a negative impact on the operation of Insane Limits.

I modified the timeout message to explain this. Maybe I should have just turned it off. :sad:

this is why i said i wont blame the version plugin since i had the same issue on the previous one.

i just got spammed by it

Code:

[18:47:17 07] [Insane Limits] Thread(fetch): DONE inserting 1 new players, 8 still in queue, took a total of 645 secs
[18:50:27 01] [Insane Limits] Thread(fetch): EXCEPTION: Timeout(120 seconds), waiting for scratch_handle in fetch_thread_loop. Your net connection to game server may be congested or another plugin may be lagging Procon.
[18:52:27 02] [Insane Limits] Thread(fetch): EXCEPTION: Timeout(120 seconds), waiting for plist_handle in fetch_thread_loop. Your net connection to game server may be congested or another plugin may be lagging Procon.
[18:54:27 55] [Insane Limits] Thread(fetch): EXCEPTION: Timeout(120 seconds), waiting for list_handle in getMapListSync. Your net connection to game server may be congested or another plugin may be lagging Procon.
[18:56:28 17] [Insane Limits] Thread(fetch): EXCEPTION: Timeout(120 seconds), waiting for indices_handle in getMapIndicesSync. Your net connection to game server may be congested or another plugin may be lagging Procon.
[18:58:28 74] [Insane Limits] Thread(fetch): EXCEPTION: Timeout(120 seconds), waiting for info_handle in getServerInfoSync. Your net connection to game server may be congested or another plugin may be lagging Procon.
[18:58:28 74] [Insane Limits] Thread(fetch): DONE inserting 1 new players, 7 still in queue, took a total of 672 secs
[19:00:43 36] [Insane Limits] Thread(fetch): EXCEPTION: Timeout(120 seconds), waiting for scratch_handle in fetch_thread_loop. Your net connection to game server may be congested or another plugin may be lagging Procon.
[19:02:43 37] [Insane Limits] Thread(fetch): EXCEPTION: Timeout(120 seconds), waiting for plist_handle in fetch_thread_loop. Your net connection to game server may be congested or another plugin may be lagging Procon.
[19:04:43 89] [Insane Limits] Thread(fetch): EXCEPTION: Timeout(120 seconds), waiting for list_handle in getMapListSync. Your net connection to game server may be congested or another plugin may be lagging Procon.
the issue is that we do not know what is causing this congestion, and if we can avoid them. it is totally not related to IL so we might need to have a separate thread if more people face the same issue.

Edit : Lumpen who is your procon layer host ?

Thank you for the explanation. As I wrote in my modified first post I also don't think it's an issue caused by IL.

But this issue, wherever it comes from, becomes noticeable especially with enabled IL plugin. As an result I have to disable IL temporary until I've found the reason of this lags.

Edit : Lumpen who is your procon layer host ?

I don't have a procon layer host. My procon is running on my own private home server. That's the reason why I can see the changes of CPU usages when I disable/enable plugins in task manger.

I also have done a full new install of procon on my server but there is still the same problem.

But due to the conclusion this issue is not an IL problem, we should move this discussion to a new/other thread.

was thinking if player.isAlive is possible.

Not really. It has marginal value when you can't get the answer right away -- like all the other command additions, you have to do an OnIntervalServer and call the functions a few times before you start getting answers back. So you can't use it to know right now whether a player is alive and you can't use it to find out if a player has not spawned in a long time (because they may spawn by the time you get the answer). It's actually easier just to have an OnKill, an OnSpawn and an OnLeave limit and keep track of every player by yourself. That would always be immediately accurate, no time delay.

Just a heads-up that 0.9.10.0 is in the works, to fix a bug in player.Ping, to turn off the timeout warning since it just confuses everyone, and to add plugin.IsSquadLocked().

Originally Posted by Dudenell*:

quick question, I'm attempting to start my own layer using linux and mono. I noticed that insanelimits was throwing this at me:

[12:07:09 44] [insane Limits] Thread(Threadpool worker): ERROR: unable to dump information to file

[12:07:09 44] [insane Limits] Thread(Threadpool worker): EXCEPTION: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "/home/procon/home/procon/Plugins/BF3/InsaneLimits_173.234.245.67_47000.conf".

The actual path is

/home/procon/Plugins/BF3/InsaneLimits_173.234.245.67_47000.conf

Is there something I need to do to "fix this" ?

Edit: I also noticed that each and every time I stop / start the server it asks to accept the agreement.

Originally Posted by Singh400*:

quick question, I'm attempting to start my own layer using linux and mono. I noticed that insanelimits was throwing this at me:

[12:07:09 44] [insane Limits] Thread(Threadpool worker): ERROR: unable to dump information to file

[12:07:09 44] [insane Limits] Thread(Threadpool worker): EXCEPTION: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "/home/procon/home/procon/Plugins/BF3/InsaneLimits_173.234.245.67_47000.conf".

The actual path is

/home/procon/Plugins/BF3/InsaneLimits_173.234.245.67_47000.conf

Is there something I need to do to "fix this" ?

Edit: I also noticed that each and every time I stop / start the server it asks to accept the agreement.

The first path lists HOME twice. Are you using custom storage by any chance? As for accepting the agreement. Don't. If the plugin is enabled, leave it so, and restart the layer.

In my case accepting the agreement used to wipe the limits clean.

Originally Posted by Dudenell*:

The first path lists HOME twice. Are you using custom storage by any chance? As for accepting the agreement. Don't. If the plugin is enabled, leave it so, and restart the layer.

In my case accepting the agreement used to wipe the limits clean.

yeah I noticed that, I have no idea why it would list the path twice though.

quick question, I'm attempting to start my own layer using linux and mono.

It's best to keep in mind that Procon in general and Insane Limits specifically wasn't designed to run on Linux. Mono is amazing, but it isn't perfect and it often falls down on file path handling. Windows is just plain evil when it comes to file paths and since Linux is less evil, it suffers in comparison.

Looks like the thread local storage stuff is also not quite right. I never see "Threadpool worker" in my errors. It ought to have the thread name, which in this case is set to "settings".

Here's the relevant code in Insane Limits. Maybe you can file a bug against Mono and get them to fix their handling of one of these objects or functions?

Code:

// called with "InsaneLimits_[i]ip_port[/i].conf"

public static String makeRelativePath(String file)
        {
            String exe_path = Directory.GetParent(Application.ExecutablePath).FullName;
            String dll_path = Directory.GetParent(Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly().Location).FullName;

String rel_path = dll_path.Replace(exe_path, "");
            rel_path = Path.Combine(rel_path.Trim(new char[] { Path.DirectorySeparatorChar, Path.AltDirectorySeparatorChar }), file);
            return rel_path;
        }
Note that what Insane Limits is expecting is a path relative to Procon.exe. The output of that function should have been "Plugins/BF3/InsaneLimits_173.234.245.67_47000.conf", but for some reason you are getting double the full path to the procon folder.

For the bug report, you should verify that:

Procon.exe is located at /home/procon/Procon.exe

InsaneLimits.dll is located at /home/procon/Plugins/BF3/InsaneLimits.dll

The input parameter would have been "InsaneLimits_173.234.245.67_47000.conf"

Originally Posted by ADKGamers*:

Disabling TrueBalancer has seemed to stop the lag that was occurring on my servers as well as the timeout issue that a few people have reported. Might try to re-enable later this evening.

Originally Posted by HungarianBf3Fans*:

Hi

im upload this plugin,but this does not work after the procon update(1.4.0.7)

I do not see the plugin in the List

already restarted the server, but nothing changed

Please help me

Posted Image

anyone has 0.9.8.0 ?

Edit : github history has old version.

Hi

im upload this plugin,but this does not work after the procon update(1.4.0.7)

I do not see the plugin in the List

already restarted the server, but nothing changed

Please help me

Posted Image

what version of procon and insanelimits you have ?

0.9.9.0 does not work with procon 1.4.0.6

procon 1.4.0.7

insanelimits 0.9.9.0

downloaded from here:

https://github.com/PapaCharlie9/insane-limits/tags

I tried it all, but it does not improve anything

...and is there any other plugin that does not work, but they are not as important as it is

pls help me:ohmy:

when the procon update is coming,something changed,the problem also it came

procon 1.4.0.7

insanelimits 0.9.9.0

downloaded from here:

https://github.com/PapaCharlie9/insane-limits/tags

I tried it all, but it does not improve anything

...and is there any other plugin that does not work, but they are not as important as it is

pls help me:ohmy:

how did you install the plugin ?

im uploaded and restart the server,like the other plugins

i think i found the problem

Posted Image

...no have dll file some plugin

also procon rules plugin:sad:

im uploaded and restart the server,like the other plugins

i think i found the problem

Posted Image

...no have dll file some plugin

also procon rules plugin:sad:

There is probably a compilation error in your plugin.log. When you restart Procon, you should see the Insane Limits compiled message or an error message. If you don't know how to get your plugin.log, disable all of your plugins and restart Procon. You should see if there is an error in the plugin log window at the bottom of the plugins tab.

It's probably some kind of file transfer encoding issue. Do you unzip it on your layer or do you unzip it locally and then push it up to your layer?

i dont see error messagese because the plugin not loading in

Nothing was wrong until I came to this PROCON update

when it was updated with all the broken

Posted Image

no error because no plugin

Posted Image

have you tried restarting your layer ? are you sure your bf3.def is up to date (it should have this line [procon.protected.serverversions.add BF3 "1149977" "R-38"] ) ?

i know they are silly stuff to ask. but better to check them.

im update all

restart many times

im trying all

my def:

procon.protected.serverversions.add BF3 "1149977" "R-38"

when the procon update coming something went wrong:sad:

what I did not do it well?

Originally Posted by supermillhouse*:

Getting these errors;

Code:

[23:44:42 05] [Insane Limits] Thread(enforcer): WARNING: could not determine value for server.MapFileName in replacement
[23:44:42 05] [Insane Limits] Thread(enforcer): WARNING: could not determine value for server.Gamemode in replacement
Map is Kiasar Railroad on conquest large? Any thoughts

i have checked my BF3.def and the map and mode are there on a line_?

Posted Image

You did not follow my directions correctly.

1) Disable all plugins

2) Quit Procon

3) Restart Procon

4) Watch the messages in the plugin log window

You should see something like this:

Code:

[08:42:11 67] Compiling InsaneLimits.cs... Done
[08:42:11 82] Loading InsaneLimits... Loaded
What you will probably see instead is something like this:

Code:

[08:43:11 94] Compiling InsaneLimits.cs... Errors or Warnings
If you see Errors or Warnings, delete InsaneLimits.cs, download it again and try installing it again. If you can, download it on the layer itself, unzip it on the layer, and install it on the layer. Otherwise, whatever you are doing to copy it to the layer is corrupting the InsaneLimits.cs file.

Getting these errors;

Code:

[23:44:42 05] [Insane Limits] Thread(enforcer): WARNING: could not determine value for server.MapFileName in replacement
[23:44:42 05] [Insane Limits] Thread(enforcer): WARNING: could not determine value for server.Gamemode in replacement
Map is Kiasar Railroad on conquest large? Any thoughts

i have checked my BF3.def and the map and mode are there on a line_?

Beats me, that should work. Has nothing to do with the map name in question, probably fails for all maps and modes. What's the entire string you are passing to the replacer?

If you are doing code rather than Actions, you can always use "..." + server.MapFileName + "..." instead. Or even better, use plugin.FriendlyMapName(server.MapFileName).

Originally Posted by supermillhouse*:

Beats me, that should work. Has nothing to do with the map name in question, probably fails for all maps and modes. What's the entire string you are passing to the replacer?

If you are doing code rather than Actions, you can always use "..." + server.MapFileName + "..." instead. Or even better, use plugin.FriendlyMapName(server.MapFileName).

Changed server to endgame CTF and the error goes away, just when it was on conquest large and those maps

I'am not using them in a limit i dont think it is just an error i seen coming up in the plugin log

I'am not using them in a limit i dont think it is just an error i seen coming up in the plugin log

__? Not using what in a limit? That error can only happen in a limit ... that is, some limit, whether you remember adding it or not, is using server.MapFileName and server.Gamemode in some replacement somewhere. I need the exact limit code to reproduce the problem, so I can fix it.

I looked at the code around the error and I'm certain it doesn't care what map/mode is being used. That said, the limit itself may care, which is why they seem connected.

What version of IL are you using?