Insane Limits (0.9.17.0 - 30-MAR-2015) + BFHL

ImportBot

Originally Posted by dyn*:

I would do it myself, but, since InsaneLimits is NOT a "no longer maintained" plugin, I run the risk of trouble when new versions/patches of InsaneLimits are released (case in point the newly release JUN-15 release, yesterday.

Several people have forked varying plugins on github, then pull request, and then have had their changes implemented into the code base.

If you're willing and able to code the feature you're requesting, the effort required on PC9's part is minimal to implement. Now if that feature breaks something down the road that might be a different story. :X

Edit: Not sure what type of rules you're looking at setting on a per-map basis, but if the rules are minimal server variable changes (tickets, vehicle delay, etc) it could work to set this via Ultimate Map Manager.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by MaccabeeY*:

dyn,

I'm not sure what exactly you are saying. As a spokesman for PC9, are you, and by extension him, say I should code it; not code it; wait until directed to do? As a 20+ years software engineer professional veteran, starting all the way back to original C, thru C#; I'm just unclear what you, speaking for and in place of PC9, are telling me to do specifically.

I assume you also are a software, so I assume you personally know of and have hands-on experience of which I speak. So, IOW, does PC9 have a preferred method that he uses to manage and merge divergent code paths? As a software engineer, you may have had experience yourself, with managing divergent code development.

So does PC9 probably does not wing it? I suspect he must have a process he prefers to follow and have others follow too. If so, and if I knew specifically what his is I would make every effort to follow it to the letter, as I would expect of others if I was the HPIC. PC9's time is valuable, as is mine and I suspect, as is everyone's. Having said that, when dealing with managing divergent code paths, to waste as minimal time as possible for all involved, it is usually best to know in advance the merge process and follow it.

As PC9's spokesman, do you know, specifically and in detail, his preferred divergence handling process (what he process he prefers other programmers to follow) and if so, please outline the details and I will attempt to code my above aforementioned request myself. Otherwise and without an clear process, it often becomes a mess where the effort to try and untangle is more cumbersome than if he did it solely himself.

Edward

Originally Posted by EBassie*:

since InsaneLimits is NOT a "no longer maintained" plugin

This plugin is still maintained, but not by the original author any more.

Development was taken over by PC9 and he updates it when needed.

PS: no need for condescending posts here. I believe dyn just tried to help you showing other people contributed to Insane Limits with their own forks and pull requests.

Look. You said you would do it yourself but "since InsaneLimits is NOT a "no longer maintained" plugin, I run the risk of trouble when new versions/patches of InsaneLimits are released (case in point the newly release JUN-15 release, yesterday". If you read the link I posted you would have seen exactly how the commit process works. Further, if you would have asked for examples of what has happened in the past, (bold, underline, color so you can't miss). Maybe it's something you could pursue and talk about further, maybe it's not. I don't really know, nor do I care.

You said you WOULD DO IT YOURSELF, the only thing I did was link you to a informational post about how the pull process works for github in an attempt to get your gears turning. I did not speak for PC9 in any fashion. This is a discussion board where we are supposed to help each other.

With 20+ years as a software engineer (dating back to the original C! wow!!) hopefully someone doesn't need to hold your hand and walk you through the complete process of contributing to a project. You know, you could say "Hey PC9, I've got 20+ years of experience as a software engineer and could easily contribute to Insane Limits the feature I'm requesting. If I were to contribute, whats the best way of making sure it's included_".

Instead you've felt the need to come up with some very ridiculous condescending shit.... and you encouraged me to give a reply which wasn't even necessary.

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

When my procon layers restarts while I have players on the server I start receiving errors from InsaneLimits like this:

[16:31:00 02] [insane Limits] EXCEPTION: Limit #1: System.Reflection.TargetParameterCountException: Parameter count mismatch.

[16:31:00 02] [insane Limits] Extra information dumped in file InsaneLimits.dump

They will appear until I go to the limit manager and compile_limit All

After that works perfectly fine. Where does the .dump file get placed?

It's in the procon folder. Find the last entry at the bottom of the file. If the exception matches the type in the log, post that one entry. If it doesn't match, keep searching backwards until you find a type and date that matches what you saw in the log and post that entry.

I've never seen that error come out of IL so I'm curious about what it may be. What version of IL are you using?

Gee, I go away from the forums for 2 days and World War Z breaks out ...

Is there anything already existing in InsaneLimits that would facilitate this?

Yes. Look at the Data and Objects section of the documentation, as well as the plugin.Data, server.Data, player.Data, and limit.Data properties. There are also numerous examples of data maintained between rounds in the Plugin Enhancements forum. Here's one you can read:

showthread....g-idle-players*

BTW, everything dyn said is correct, but he's not my spokesmodel. He's just a bloke trying to be helpful. No good deed goes unpunished.

Thanks PC9 for directing me there. I think the example on "Insane Limits V0.8/R2: Log idle players" might be what the doctor ordered!

It is probably staring me in the face. However, I do see the method that writes to "logName" ( i.e.

"Log()" ), but I do not seeing the code/method that reads the data from the same file.

Which pre-existing method reads the data from "logName" (as in the v0.8 example)? Is there a method that would/could read the data from "logName"?

I would need the "limit" code I write to read the "keys" and "values" from the same "logName" file (much like one would use an ".ini" file) that the limit wrote to previously, in order to accomplish my objective.

Edward

It is probably staring me in the face. However, I do see the method that writes to "logName" ( i.e.

"Log()" ), but I do not seeing the code/method that reads the data from the same file.

Ignore the log file stuff, that got you on the wrong track. This is the relevant code:

Code:

String kIdle = "IDLEplayers"; // plugin.Data Object Dictionary<String,DateTime>

Dictionary<String,DateTime> idlePlayers = null;

if (plugin.Data.issetObject(kIdle)) idlePlayers = (Dictionary<String,DateTime>)plugin.Data.getObject(kIdle);
if (idlePlayers == null) idlePlayers = new Dictionary<String,DateTime>();
plugin.Data.setObject(kIdle, idlePlayers);
plugin.Data will remember all the data you put in it from one round to the next. All of the .Data properties do that. That's why I said you should read that part of the documentation.

That should do the trick. Thanks,

That's why I said you should read that part of the documentation.

I do want you to know, I frequently review and study not only the documentation, but the source .cs contents as well. I I am on my way to knowing it the source code intimately, only after coding with limits for a couple/few weeks. In fact, the limits I've implemented might be approaching the complexity over gameplay perhaps only you had envisioned. InsaneLimits is an incredible coding interface providing an insanely powerful protocol for event handling which allows for for influencing a remote BF3 server's gaming environment.

The docs you referring to is in the Procon "Details tab, yes? It's just that in the part of the docs in that tab for the "Data" interface I read, that blurb didn't say it remained "round resident" as it says RoundData it is automatically cleared. I didn't make a leap that "Data" is not round cleared.

Anyway, here's the blurb from there:

DataDictionaryInterface Data { get; } //this dictionary is user-managed

DataDictionaryInterface RoundData { get; } //this dictionary is automatically cleared OnRoundStart

BTW, PC9 do you have any knowledge of COD? I do not prefer the game, but I have played on CODMW2 servers that manipulate the PLAYERS ACTIONS and MOVEMENTS in ways I have not seen remotely similar in the BF3 world. If you do have any knowledge of COD, can players actions/movements be controlled in a similar way on a BF3 server thru any means? Even if it meant to so, one would have to run the server from "home" vs via a GSP like gameservers.com

As an example I was amazed with one CODMW2 server It was bolt action only rounds AND the server only allowed the player to view thru the scope for 1 SECOND. The server, then, forced the rifle/scope down to hip position. Made for amazingly and very cool, fun, and interesting game play, quite a challenge. Do you know if the BF3 server software environment, in any way, would allow for something similar?

Also, I invite you to visit my server, just to see what I've been able to implement using InsaneLimits. I think you'd be proud to see your hard work put to such use.

Edward

Originally Posted by Singh400*:

In fact, the limits I've implemented might be approaching the complexity over gameplay perhaps only you had envisioned.

If you want to show off your limits then simply post them.

can players actions/movements be controlled in a similar way on a BF3 server thru any means? Even if it meant to so, one would have to run the server from "home" vs via a GSP like gameservers.com

Do you know if the BF3 server software environment, in any way, would allow for something similar?

Not possible with BF3... Though several previous DICE titles have relayed additional player information. Perhaps BF4 will have better support for PC and these types of features again? We (admins) for the most part are only able to get information once an action that is reported via RCON (kills, for example) has already taken place. Minus a few leaks, and the 'hacked' server emulator, there exists no possibility to host a BF3 server without going through an authorized GSP since server files are not available.

I have heard talk that the guys over at levelbf.com have been working on a way to know what someone is spawning with or equipping while the game is underway. It's my understanding that this is done in a similar fashion that typical game hacks are used as well, so, using them on a live ranked Punkbuster enabled server is out of the question.

Not possible with BF3...

dyn,

Yeah, altho I kinda figure that was the case, hope dies eternal. In a competitive market place let's hope you are right, tjat in BF4, DICE/EA will add what would be necessary to accomplish that kind of stuff, like I saw on those CODMW2 servers (I still remain a BF enthusiast, tho).

there exists no possibility to host a BF3 server without going through an authorized GSP since server files are not available.

This is an invaluable piece of info, as one the die-hard regulars on my new server has indicated several times who claims to be a "server" guru and is intent on starting his own BF3 server out of his location. I will pass your info along to him before he spends his efforts.

Edward

How would I use the datetime function?

for example

plugin.Tweet(plugin.R(msg + (get.datetime()); ?

It depends on what you want. You will need to read all of the "ToXXX" method descriptions for DateTime.Now here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...e_methods.aspx

For example, if you use:

Code:

DateTime.Now.ToShortDateString()
You'll get a localized version that looks like this (today's date, us-en localization):

Code:

6/28/2013
If you want the full date and time, you can format it yourself with custom format codes explained here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8kb3ddd4.aspx

For example, if you use:

Code:

DateTime.Now.ToString("MM/dd/yy HH:mm:ss")
You'll get this (today's date and 2pm time):

Code:

06/28/13 14:00:00

Originally Posted by )RAG()N*:

I could do that, but wouldn't you rather use a plugin that has already been created for ping kicking that everyone else is using?

Latency Manager*

I would also like a ping kicker that I can add to insane limits instead of installing another plugin,,

While I'm here can we get an updated version of ...* or is that one still being added too ?

I would also like a ping kicker that I can add to insane limits instead of installing another plugin,,

While I'm here can we get an updated version of ...* or is that one still being added too ?

Use the Insane Limits Request thread instead:

myrcon.net/.../insane-limits-requests

Originally Posted by Roughneck2-0*:

Hello there!

Something's very strange with the way Insane Limiter v0.9.11.0 behaves here.

Below is a debug-level 9 dump from the moment I enable it:

Code:

[00:08:23] [Insane Limits] Enabled!
[00:08:23] [Insane Limits] Registered P: CServerRulesOnRequest, M: OnCommandRules
[00:08:23] [Insane Limits] Registered P: CInGameAdmin, M: OnCommandExecuteConfig
[00:08:23] [Insane Limits] Registered P: CInGameAdmin, M: OnCommandListConfigs
[00:08:23] [Insane Limits] Registered P: CInGameAdmin, M: OnCommandEndLevel
[00:08:23] [Insane Limits] Registered P: CInGameAdmin, M: OnCommandNextLevelCountdown
[00:08:23] [Insane Limits] Registered P: CInGameAdmin, M: OnCommandNextLevel
[00:08:23] [Insane Limits] Registered P: CInGameAdmin, M: OnCommandRestartLevelCountdown
[00:08:23] [Insane Limits] Registered P: CInGameAdmin, M: OnCommandRestartLevel
[00:08:23] [Insane Limits] Registered P: CInGameAdmin, M: OnCommandPlayerSay
[00:08:23] [Insane Limits] Registered P: CInGameAdmin, M: OnCommandSay
[00:08:23] [Insane Limits] Registered P: CInGameAdmin, M: OnCommandPermanentBan
[00:08:23] [Insane Limits] Registered P: CInGameAdmin, M: OnCommandTemporaryBan
[00:08:23] [Insane Limits] Registered P: CInGameAdmin, M: OnCommandCancel
[00:08:23] [Insane Limits] Registered P: CInGameAdmin, M: OnCommandEndLevelCountdown
[00:08:23] [Insane Limits] Registered P: CInGameAdmin, M: OnCommandKill
[00:08:23] [Insane Limits] Registered P: CInGameAdmin, M: OnCommandKick
[00:08:23] [Insane Limits] Registered P: CServerRulesOnRequest, M: OnCommandRules
[00:08:23] [Insane Limits] Registered P: CInGameAdmin, M: OnCommandMove
[00:08:23] [Insane Limits] Registered P: CInGameAdmin, M: OnCommandForceMove
[00:08:23] [Insane Limits] Registered P: CInGameAdmin, M: OnCommandYell
[00:08:23] [Insane Limits] Registered P: CInGameAdmin, M: OnCommandPlayerYell
[00:08:23] [Insane Limits] Battlelog Cache plugin is disabled; installing/updating and enabling the plugin is recommended for Insane Limits!
[00:08:23] [Insane Limits] WARNING: Player stats fetching is disabled!
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyMaps[MP_001] = Grand Bazaar
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyMaps[MP_003] = Teheran Highway
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyMaps[MP_007] = Caspian Border
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyMaps[MP_011] = Seine Crossing
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyMaps[MP_012] = Operation Firestorm
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyMaps[MP_013] = Damavand Peak
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyMaps[MP_017] = Noshahr Canals
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyMaps[MP_018] = Kharg Island
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyMaps[MP_Subway] = Operation Metro
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyMaps[XP1_002] = Gulf of Oman
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyMaps[XP3_Desert] = Bandar Desert
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyMaps[XP3_Alborz] = Alborz Mountains
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyMaps[XP3_Shield] = Armored Shield
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyMaps[XP3_Valley] = Death Valley
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyMaps[XP4_FD] = Markaz Monolith
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyMaps[XP4_Parl] = Azadi Palace
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyMaps[XP4_Quake] = Epicenter
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyMaps[XP5_001] = Operation Riverside
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyMaps[XP5_002] = Nebandan Flats
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyMaps[XP5_003] = Kiasar Railroad
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyMaps[XP5_004] = Sabalan Pipeline
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyMaps[XP1_001] = Strike at Karkand
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyMaps[XP1_003] = Sharqi Peninsula
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyMaps[XP1_004] = Wake Island
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyMaps[XP4_Rubble] = Talah Market
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyMaps[XP2_Factory] = Scrapmetal
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyMaps[XP2_Office] = Operation 925
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyMaps[XP2_Palace] = Donya Fortress
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyMaps[XP2_Skybar] = Ziba Tower
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyModes[ConquestLarge0] = Conquest Large
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyModes[ConquestAssaultLarge0] = Assault64
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyModes[ConquestSmall0] = Conquest Small
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyModes[ConquestAssaultSmall0] = Assault
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyModes[ConquestAssaultSmall1] = Assault #2
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyModes[RushLarge0] = Rush
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyModes[SquadRush0] = Squad Rush
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyModes[SquadDeathMatch0] = Squad Deathmatch
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyModes[TeamDeathMatch0] = TDM
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyModes[TeamDeathMatchC0] = TDM Close Quarters
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyModes[GunMaster0] = Gun Master
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyModes[Domination0] = Conquest Domination
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyModes[TankSuperiority0] = Tank Superiority
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyModes[Scavenger0] = Scavenger
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyModes[CaptureTheFlag0] = CTF
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] friendlyModes[AirSuperiority0] = Air Superiority
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] Friendly names loaded
[b][00:08:24] [Insane Limits] Thread(activator): 0 limits and 0 lists loaded from Plugins\BF3\InsaneLimits_212.83.xxx.xxx_47200.conf[/b]
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] Thread(activator): Waiting for privacy_policy_agreement value
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] Thread(activator): Agreement received, activating plugin now!
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] Thread(activator): 92 weapons in dictionary
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] Thread(activator): Initializing wait handles
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] Thread(activator): Initializing threads
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] Thread(activator): waiting for map-list before proceeding
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] Got OnGameModeCounter: 85
[00:08:24] [Insane Limits] Got OnCtfRoundTimeModifier: 100
[00:08:25] [Insane Limits] Thread(activator): waiting, timeout after 30 seconds
[00:08:25] [Insane Limits] Got OnMaplistList!
[00:08:25] [Insane Limits] Thread(activator): awake! no timeout
[00:08:25] [Insane Limits] Thread(activator): waiting for map-indices before proceeding
[00:08:25] [Insane Limits] Got OnMaplistGetMapIndices!
[00:08:25] [Insane Limits] Thread(activator): waiting, timeout after 30 seconds
[00:08:25] [Insane Limits] Thread(activator): awake! no timeout
[00:08:25] [Insane Limits] Thread(activator): waiting for server-info before proceeding
[00:08:26] [Insane Limits] Got OnServerInfo!
[00:08:26] [Insane Limits] Thread(activator): waiting, timeout after 30 seconds
[00:08:26] [Insane Limits] Thread(activator): awake! no timeout
[00:08:26] [Insane Limits] Got OnReservedSlotsList!
[00:08:26] [Insane Limits] Got OnServerName!
[00:08:26] [Insane Limits] Thread(activator): waiting, timeout after 30 seconds
[00:08:26] [Insane Limits] Thread(activator): awake! no timeout
[00:08:26] [Insane Limits] Got OnServerDescription!
[00:08:27] [Insane Limits] Thread(activator): waiting, timeout after 30 seconds
[00:08:27] [Insane Limits] Thread(activator): awake! no timeout
[00:08:27] [Insane Limits] Thread(activator): Starting threads
[00:08:27] [Insane Limits] Thread(settings): starting
[00:08:27] [Insane Limits] Thread(say): starting
[00:08:27] [Insane Limits] Thread(enforcer): starting
[00:08:27] [Insane Limits] Thread(settings):  Version = 0.9.11.0
[00:08:27] [Insane Limits] Thread(fetch):  starting
[00:08:27] [Insane Limits] Thread(move): starting
[00:08:27] [Insane Limits] sleeping for 30 seconds, before compiling limits
[00:08:27] [Insane Limits] Thread(activator): HTTP_METHOD: POST
[00:08:27] [Insane Limits] Thread(say): waiting for say message ...
[00:08:27] [Insane Limits] Thread(enforcer): waiting for signal from fetch thread
[00:08:27] [Insane Limits] Thread(settings): sleeping for 120 seconds, before next iteration
[00:08:27] [Insane Limits] Thread(fetch): no new players, will wait, signalling enforcer thread
[00:08:27] [Insane Limits] Thread(move): waiting for move event ...
1. I'm currently running five BF3 game-servers.

2. You see in the log dump the IP 212.83.xxx.xxx_47200 ?

That was one of my BF3 game-server's IP address about two months ago, way before I started using Insane Limiter.

3. Since then, all five BF3 game-server's IP addresses have changed, and now they're starting with 81.30.xxx.xxx .

4. If I proceed to check my Code:

PRoCon\Plugins\BF3\
folder, out of the five BF3 game-servers that currently have Insane Limits enabled, there are actually just three specific config files present:

Code:

InsaneLimits_81.30.xxx.xxx_xxxxx.conf
InsaneLimits_81.30.xxx.xxx_xxxxx.conf
InsaneLimits_212.83.xxx.xxx_47200.conf
5. Upon further investigation, it seems that somehow the last one (i.e: InsaneLimits_212.83.xxx.xxx_47200.conf) , is shared by three of my game-servers which again - are running under 81.30.xxx.xxx and not 212.83.xxx.xxx for close to a month now.

6. All five BF3 game-server config files under Code:

PRoCon\Configs\
are named correctly (81.30.xxx.xxx_xxxxx.cfg)

7. I have full directory access to the PRoCon that's controlling all of my game-servers.

I downloaded PRoCon's entire folder structure (except for the Code:

PRoCon\Logs\*.*
path) to my local machine here, and performed a full text search (both Unicode and UTF-8) for '212.83.xxx.xxx_47200' - and found nothing that could cause it to keep on referring to three out of five BF3 game-servers with the wrong IP/Port.

8. This strange shared and incorrectly named config file behavior is causing whatever settings I key in to three out of the five game-servers to get erased each time PRoCon is restarted.

EDIT:

9. I've tried erasing the InsaneLimits_212.83.xxx.xxx_47200 file, and manually created three InsaneLimits_81.30.xxx.xxx_xxxxx.conf files which correctly represent the three additional game-servers I'm having trouble running Insane Limiter with, but the moment I enable the plugin on them three, it just re-creates the single InsaneLimits_212.83.xxx.xxx_47200.conf file and ignores the manually created ones.

Any ideas what's going on?

Regards,

//Subscribed.

Any ideas what's going on?

First of all, great diagnostics. I wish everyone provided as much detail. It made it easy to find a solution for you.

Second, yes, this is a known issue that results from changing game server IPs. You can fix it by reading post #3 of this thread and applying the steps, after the fact, that make sense.

myrcon.net/...insane-limits-bfhl#entry30253

Originally Posted by Roughneck2-0*:

First of all, great diagnostics. I wish everyone provided as much detail. It made it easy to find a solution for you.

Second, yes, this is a known issue that results from changing game server IPs. You can fix it by reading post #3 of this thread and applying the steps, after the fact, that make sense.

myrcon.net/...insane-limits-bfhl#entry30253

Thank you very much, ...*!

That did the trick!

No wonder it didn't come up upon my Unicode/UTF-8 text search :ohmy:

Regards,

Originally Posted by Dudenell*:

Code:

[00:03:25 35] [Insane Limits] Thread(Threadpool worker): EXCEPTION: Twitter UpdateStatus Request(HTTP/1.1) failed,  System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (410) Gone.
sorry to bother you again papa, it seems as though twitter changed their api to v1.1 and I think insanelimits is running v 1.0

https://dev.twitter.com/blog/plannin...-v1-retirement

Code:

[00:03:25 35] [Insane Limits] Thread(Threadpool worker): EXCEPTION: Twitter UpdateStatus Request(HTTP/1.1) failed,  System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (410) Gone.
sorry to bother you again papa, it seems as though twitter changed their api to v1.1 and I think insanelimits is running v 1.0

https://dev.twitter.com/blog/plannin...-v1-retirement

Sigh. I don't know anything about that code. I can't say when or even if I can fix it.

EDIT: You are in luck! I tried the simplest 1 line change, using the 1.1 url instead of the 1, and it seems to fix the problem without any other changes. I'll do a little more testing, but if all goes well, I could post this one line change as 9.12.

• 2 months later...

Originally Posted by Dudenell*:

curious, if insane limits is saying this

[12:24:48 11] [insane Limits] Thread(fetch): DONE inserting 1 new players, 0 still in queue, took a total of 5 secs

[12:25:34 62] [insane Limits] Thread(fetch): DONE inserting 1 new players, 0 still in queue, took a total of 2 secs

is it technically using the battlelog cache database?

curious, if insane limits is saying this

is it technically using the battlelog cache database?

Can't tell from just those messages. You'd have to increase the debug_level to 4 to know for sure.
  • 4 weeks later...

NOTE: There will be a delay in updating this plugin for BF4. It may take a couple of weeks after BF4 launch before I can get to it.

On release day, October 29, assuming Procon is available early in my PDT day, I'll make sure Insane Limits at least compiles okay.

However, anything related to Battlelog, including player tags, will not work. The Battlelog code is specialized for BF3 and modifications will undoubtedly be needed for BF4.

For BF4, my advice would be to:

1) Disable BattlelogCache, until BattlelogCache is updated.

2) Set use_direct_fetch to False, until BattlelogCache is updated.

3) Set use_slow_weapon_stats to False

4) Disable any limits that rely on player.Tag, killer.Tag or victim.Tag

5) Disable any limits that rely on Battlelog stats, such as player.KDR, killer.SPM, etc. (yes, I know that's practically all of the limits, but that's the best I can do).

Take some solace from the fact that in the first two weeks of BF4 release, most of the averaged stats like KDR and SPM are going to be invalid anyway, since there won't be enough game hours to compute reasonable averages yet.

If the Battlelog fix is fast and I can copy the code from MULTIbalancer, great, there's a chance you'll be able to re-enable on October 30. Otherwise, it will likely be a couple of weeks for the next update.

Originally Posted by MorpheusX(AUT)*:

There seems to be an issue with IL and procon 1.4.1.0....

My Metro Weapon limits just randomly work.

It seems not all kill events are triggering my limits correctly.

Just confirmed this behavior (see screenshot below).

1w8JsIp.png

Procon registered 133 kills in the timespan I observed.

Insane Limits received 101 of those.

I used this simple limit:

Code:

plugin.ConsoleWrite(plugin.R("%k_n% killed %v_n% with %w_n%));