Insane Limits (0.9.17.0 - 30-MAR-2015) + BFHL

ImportBot

Originally Posted by Mgalbraith*:

Also - looking at this a little bit further, it seems the persona id is not being formed in the url address properly.

In the warning below, the URL is missing the persona id and has // in it.....

[09:55:13 49] [insane Limits] Thread(fetch): WARNING: (StatsException) JSON response data does not contain overviewStats, for Vulkan-Berzerker (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...us-engineer/1/)

Is this a problem?

[09:55:13 49] [battlelog Cache] Performing lookupRequest #0...

[09:55:13 49] [battlelog Cache] Performing lookup for player 'Vulkan-Berzerker' with requestType 'Overview'...

[09:55:13 49] [battlelog Cache] MySqlLookup starting!

[09:55:13 49] [battlelog Cache] ResponseLoop locking lookupResponses (removing old response)

[09:55:13 49] [battlelog Cache] ResponseLoop releasing lookupResponses (removing old response)

[09:55:13 49] [battlelog Cache] Finished lookupResponse #0...

[09:55:13 49] [battlelog Cache] MySqlLookup finished!

[09:55:13 49] [battlelog Cache] No valid stats for player 'Vulkan-Berzerker' with requestType 'Overview' found in MySQL-database. Fetching stats...

[09:55:13 49] [insane Limits] Thread(fetch): WARNING: (StatsException) JSON response data does not contain overviewStats, for Vulkan-Berzerker (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...us-engineer/1/)

[09:55:13 49] [battlelog Cache] Waiting for 1.9843997 seconds to avoid Battlelog throtteling...

[09:55:13 49] [insane Limits] Thread(fetch): Unable to fetch stats for Vulkan-Berzerker

[09:55:13 49] [battlelog Cache] Finished all lookupResponses...

[09:55:13 49] [battlelog Cache] ResponseQueue empty, waiting...

[09:55:13 49] [battlelog Cache] ResponseLoop locking lookupResponses (creating local copy)

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by dyn*:

In my quest to reduce unneeded commands from being issued, I ...* being issued which we didn't take advantage of or have a reason to issue them.

On just our 64p sever it looks like Insane Limits is issuing over 90,000 player.idleDuration commands in a 24 hour period. I verified it was Insane Limits by setting debug to 10 and watching the log:

[00:44:00] [insane Limits] Updating idle duration for: Player-Name

The 90,000 commands being issued represent almost 1/3 of all commands being issued in a given day (615670 total lines in log file, 307000 'ok'). This leaves aprox 308600 commands issued per day. 90,000 of those are just idleDuration.

Is there any way to disable idle duration from being requested unless it's being used by a limit?

Originally Posted by MaccabeeY*:

Is there any way to disable idle duration from being requested unless it's being used by a limit?

dyn,

From my review of the .cs file, you may be correct. there appears to be two places where IdleDuration is/could be executed.

The first is in a C# function called "CheckPlayerIdle", which gets it locally to the function and then resets it back to zero immediatel after. However, this function does not seem to be called from anywhere, so I am guessing that is not the culprit.

The second is in a function called "UpdateExtraInfo" which iterates thru a list of players to update each one's stored server idle value (I didn't dig into why, how, or if each player's idle time is used).

So at a very preliminary glance IdleDuration does not seem necessary and starts to look that it could be remove from source code, but much more research into falling the potential call stack or the current author would be required to be certain anything could be removed.

Edward

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

Also - looking at this a little bit further, it seems the persona id is not being formed in the url address properly.

In the warning below, the URL is missing the persona id and has // in it.....

This is all the same underlying problem. Insane Limits asks Battlelog Cache to do something and then waits 30 seconds. It doesn't get an answer back within 30 seconds and gives up with an error, then some time later the answer it asked for finally shows up, but by that time it's moved on, thus the warning.

So again, setting wait_timeout to 61 should help. It won't eliminate the errors, nothing will. Battlelog is just being very slow for you, which is not unusual. Dont try setting wait_timeout above 90, that just causes other problems.

In my quest to reduce unneeded commands from being issued, I ...* being issued which we didn't take advantage of or have a reason to issue them.

On just our 64p sever it looks like Insane Limits is issuing over 90,000 player.idleDuration commands in a 24 hour period. I verified it was Insane Limits by setting debug to 10 and watching the log:

The 90,000 commands being issued represent almost 1/3 of all commands being issued in a given day (615670 total lines in log file, 307000 'ok'). This leaves aprox 308600 commands issued per day. 90,000 of those are just idleDuration.

Do you have a lot of idle players? Because the command isn't sent for every player, only those with 0 score and 0 deaths:

Code:

if ((cpiPlayer.Score == 0 || Double.IsNaN(cpiPlayer.Score)) && cpiPlayer.Deaths == 0) {
                    DebugWrite("Updating idle duration for: " + cpiPlayer.SoldierName, 5);
                    ServerCommand("player.idleDuration", cpiPlayer.SoldierName); // Update it
                }
How about as an experiment you comment out the ServerCommand above? Like this:

Code:

if ((cpiPlayer.Score == 0 || Double.IsNaN(cpiPlayer.Score)) && cpiPlayer.Deaths == 0) {
                    //ServerCommand("player.idleDuration", cpiPlayer.SoldierName); // Update it
                }
I bet you will continue to see idleDuration commands. While IL certainly does issue the command, I can't imagine an actual game server situation that would result in 90k commands in 24 hours. The update happens every 30 seconds, so that means you'd had to have 90000 / (24 * 60 * 2) = 31.25 idle players every 30 seconds. It doesn't add up. Some other plugin is issuing the command and at a far higher rate than IL. Or, cpiPlayer info is bogus and a bunch of players who are not idle are getting to the plugin as 0 score, 0 deaths (extremely unlikely, but I guess not impossible).

EDIT: There is another possibility. If the listPlayers event is happening 5x to 10x more often than twice a minute, then it might be IL. IL does generate the event more frequently than every 30 seconds under certain circumstances, but not 5x to 10x more. That's every 3 to 6 seconds.

Just saw your edit so I went back and looked through the console logs for yesterday. In total for yesterday there were 80,966 instances of 'idle duration' issued. I didn't have debugging turned up for insane limits so I'm not able to match up times the command was issued. Will ensure that debugging is enabled for insane limits to see what happens.

It does look like we're seeing quite a few every second:

Code:

[23:59:16] 
[23:59:16] serverInfo
[23:59:16] OK MY SERVER - SERVER INFO
[23:59:16] admin.listPlayers all
[23:59:16] mapList.getMapIndices
[23:59:16] mapList.list
[23:59:16] OK 0 1
[23:59:16] mapList.getMapIndices
[23:59:16] player.idleDuration Player-1
[23:59:16] OK 0 1
[23:59:16] player.idleDuration Player-2
[23:59:16] OK 0
[23:59:16] player.idleDuration Player-3
[23:59:16] OK 0
[23:59:16] player.idleDuration Player-4
Code:
[23:59:18]
[23:59:18] serverInfo
[23:59:18] OK 42
[23:59:18] admin.listPlayers all
[23:59:18] OK 68
[23:59:18] mapList.getMapIndices
[23:59:19] OK 174
[23:59:19] punkBuster.pb_sv_command pb_sv_plist
[23:59:19] OK 56
[23:59:19] OK 77
[23:59:19] OK 75
[23:59:19] OK 30
[23:59:19] OK 0 3
[23:59:19] OK
[23:59:19] OK MY SERVER - SERVER INFO

player.idleDuration Player-1
[23:59:19] OK 0 1
[23:59:19] player.idleDuration Player-2
[23:59:19] player.idleDuration Player-3
[23:59:19] player.idleDuration Player-4
Code:
[23:59:24] serverInfo
[23:59:24] OK MY SERVER - SERVER INFO
[23:59:24] player.idleDuration Player-1
[23:59:24] OK 0
[23:59:24] punkBuster.pb_sv_command pb_sv_plist
[23:59:24] OK
[23:59:24] player.idleDuration Player-2
[23:59:24] serverInfo
[23:59:24] player.idleDuration Player-4
What's your take on making the edit to the cs file? Would you encourage that to be done as well?

What's your take on making the edit to the cs file? Would you encourage that to be done as well?

As a temporary exercise to help isolate the problem, go for it. I'm still betting IL isn't responsible for the lion's share of those and commenting out is the best way to prove.

Originally Posted by Snowy*:

Look in your procon folder for a file called DEBUG.txt. Look for a date/time entry for the time you tried to launch the layer and it failed. What error does it say? Post the whole section.

Sorry for the late reply...

I tried twice at different date and had to re-install procon each time...

Code:

=======================================

Exception caught at: 
D:\_Phil_\privat\_Gameserver_com_\_SRC_\_Procon_0y_Team_\Procon 1.X\src\PRoCon.Core\Remote\FrostbiteConnection.cs
Line 153
Method RaiseEvent
DateTime: Sunday, May 19, 2013 5:13:48 PM
Version: 1.4.0.9
Packet: 
PRoCon.Core.Remote.Layer.PRoConLayer ::: Void client_LayerClientShutdown(PRoCon.Core.Remote.Layer.PRoConLayerClient) ::: ---PRoCon.Core.Remote.Layer.PRoConLayerClient
Additional: 

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
   at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
   at PRoCon.Core.Remote.FrostbiteConnection.RaiseEvent(Delegate[] a_delInvokes, Object[] a_objArguments) in D:\_Phil_\privat\_Gameserver_com_\_SRC_\_Procon_0y_Team_\Procon 1.X\src\PRoCon.Core\Remote\FrostbiteConnection.cs:line 153

Exception caught at: 
D:\_Phil_\privat\_Gameserver_com_\_SRC_\_Procon_0y_Team_\Procon 1.X\src\PRoCon.Core\Remote\FrostbiteConnection.cs
Line 153
Method RaiseEvent
DateTime: Friday, June 07, 2013 3:44:48 AM
Packet: 
PRoCon.Core.Remote.BF3Client ::: Void Connection_PacketRecieved(System.Object, Boolean, PRoCon.Core.Remote.Packet) ::: ---PRoCon.Core.Remote.FrostbiteConnection---False---OK
Additional: 

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
   at PRoCon.Core.Remote.FrostbiteConnection.RaiseEvent(Delegate[] a_delInvokes, Object[] a_objArguments) in D:\_Phil_\privat\_Gameserver_com_\_SRC_\_Procon_0y_Team_\Procon 1.X\src\PRoCon.Core\Remote\FrostbiteConnection.cs:line 153
Thanks for your help.

Sorry for the late reply...

I tried twice at different date and had to re-install procon each time...

Code:

Exception caught at: 
Line 153
Method RaiseEvent
DateTime: Sunday, May 19, 2013 5:13:48 PM
Packet: 
PRoCon.Core.Remote.Layer.PRoConLayer ::: Void client_LayerClientShutdown(PRoCon.Core.Remote.Layer.PRoConLayerClient) ::: ---PRoCon.Core.Remote.Layer.PRoConLayerClient
Additional: 

Exception caught at: 
Line 153
Method RaiseEvent
DateTime: Friday, June 07, 2013 3:44:48 AM
Packet: 
PRoCon.Core.Remote.BF3Client ::: Void Connection_PacketRecieved(System.Object, Boolean, PRoCon.Core.Remote.Packet) ::: ---PRoCon.Core.Remote.FrostbiteConnection---False---OK
Additional: 

Thanks for your help.
I don't see anything specific about Insane Limits in there. Maybe you are having a more general Procon issue? Perhaps copy your post to the Bugs forum?

As a temporary exercise to help isolate the problem, go for it. I'm still betting IL isn't responsible for the lion's share of those and commenting out is the best way to prove.

Looks like the fix worked!

After making the change going on ~3 hours not a single player.idleDuration command has been sent. The previous 20 hours before making the change? 61,000 player.idleDuration commands were issued to just one server.

That just eliminated hundreds of thousands of commands which were being sent across all of our servers! Thanks :ohmy:

Originally Posted by EBassie*:

Keep getting this every few seconds since Battlelog update:

Code:

[16:04:00 41] [Insane Limits] Thread(fetch): EXCEPTION: : System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
[16:04:00 41] [Insane Limits] Thread(fetch): Extra information dumped in file InsaneLimits.dump
Code:
-----------------------------------------------
Version: InsaneLimits 0.9.10.0
Date: 15/06/2013 16:01:57
Data: 
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Stack Trace: 
   at PRoConEvents.BattleLog.extractBasicFields(Hashtable stats, PlayerInfo pinfo)
   at PRoConEvents.BattleLog.fetchStats(PlayerInfo pinfo)

MSIL Stack Trace:
    Void extractBasicFields(System.Collections.Hashtable, PRoConEvents.PlayerInfo), IL: 0x2A
    PRoConEvents.PlayerInfo fetchStats(PRoConEvents.PlayerInfo), IL: 0x2FE

-----------------------------------------------
Version: InsaneLimits 0.9.10.0
Date: 15/06/2013 16:01:58
Data: 
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Stack Trace: 
   at PRoConEvents.BattleLog.extractBasicFields(Hashtable stats, PlayerInfo pinfo)
   at PRoConEvents.BattleLog.fetchStats(PlayerInfo pinfo)

MSIL Stack Trace:
    Void extractBasicFields(System.Collections.Hashtable, PRoConEvents.PlayerInfo), IL: 0x2A
    PRoConEvents.PlayerInfo fetchStats(PRoConEvents.PlayerInfo), IL: 0x2FE

Originally Posted by EBassie*:

Same here, maybe Battlelog changed the way stats are fetched?

No, stats are still being fetched. Just checked that with an empty BL Cache DB.

EDIT: Although....

Weaponstats seem to stay NULL for all records... but the weaponstats fetch link still works...

May take some extra time to fetch the weapon and vehicle stats because I cleared the DB.

EDIT:

weapon and vehicle stats stay NULL

Looks like the fix worked!

After making the change going on ~3 hours not a single player.idleDuration command has been sent. The previous 20 hours before making the change? 61,000 player.idleDuration commands were issued to just one server.

That just eliminated hundreds of thousands of commands which were being sent across all of our servers! Thanks :ohmy:

Er, that is not the outcome I was expecting. I just meant for this to confirm that it was NOT IL, not to actually fix anything.

If you want an actual fix for Insane Limits, make this change instead. Note that the ServerCommand line is uncommented.

Code:

if (itIsTime && (cpiPlayer.Score == 0 || Double.IsNaN(cpiPlayer.Score)) && cpiPlayer.Deaths == 0) {
                    ServerCommand("player.idleDuration", cpiPlayer.SoldierName); // Update it
                }
That change will be in the next patch of IL, 9.11.

That should drastically reduce the frequency of the command, and, if you still don't like the frequency, you can reduce it further by changing your update_interval setting more than 60 seconds.

Keep getting this every few seconds since Battlelog update:

Sigh. Well, at least it's the weekend and I have time to fix this.

I'm analyzing the new JSON now. Lots of new fields. Seems early for BF4, maybe there is a new MOHW coming out?

Originally Posted by kcuestag*:

Sigh. Well, at least it's the weekend and I have time to fix this.

I'm analyzing the new JSON now. Lots of new fields. Seems early for BF4, maybe there is a new MOHW coming out?

No, I believe there's no MOH game coming this year. :biggrin:

Okay, everthing is working better now. See post #2 for details.

dyn, I included the suggested change for player.idleDuration. You can now control the frequency with update_interval after picking up 9.11.

Originally Posted by Skypattaya*:

Hello, after i updated today i got this error message

[13:39:49 84] [insane Limits] Thread(settings): Compiling Limit #1 - Name1 - OnKill

[13:39:49 89] [insane Limits] Thread(settings): ERROR: 1 error compiling Expression

[13:39:49 89] [insane Limits] Thread(settings): ERROR: (CS1002, line: 94, column: 25): ; expected

Hello, after i updated today i got this error message

[13:39:49 84] [insane Limits] Thread(settings): Compiling Limit #1 - Name1 - OnKill

[13:39:49 89] [insane Limits] Thread(settings): ERROR: 1 error compiling Expression

[13:39:49 89] [insane Limits] Thread(settings): ERROR: (CS1002, line: 94, column: 25): ; expected

Did you enter or change any limits? Maybe copied a new one or recopied some old ones? Because the error comes from the very last line missing a semi-colon ...

Code:

return false;
Should have nothing to do with the update. I tried your code, plus the missing semi-colon, on the 9.11 version and it compiled fine.

Originally Posted by Skypattaya*:

Did you enter or change any limits? Maybe copied a new one or recopied some old ones? Because the error comes from the very last line missing a semi-colon ...

Code:

return false;
Should have nothing to do with the update. I tried your code, plus the missing semi-colon, on the 9.11 version and it compiled fine.
Thanks, it was the semi-colon, i missed after i copied it. i am that s..... . Thanks

Originally Posted by HappyGotLucky*:

When my procon layers restarts while I have players on the server I start receiving errors from InsaneLimits like this:

[16:31:00 02] [insane Limits] EXCEPTION: Limit #1: System.Reflection.TargetParameterCountException: Parameter count mismatch.

[16:31:00 02] [insane Limits] Extra information dumped in file InsaneLimits.dump

They will appear until I go to the limit manager and compile_limit All

After that works perfectly fine. Where does the .dump file get placed? I can't seem to locate it. Any thoughts without having seen the dump?

My Limit 1 is the knife script. OnKill First check: Code

if ( Regex.Match(kill.Weapon, @"(ACB-90|Knife|Melee)", RegexOptions.IgnoreCase).Success ) {

List KnifeShame = new List();

KnifeShame.Add("%v_n% hold still, %k_n% is trying to cut you out of your french maid costume");

KnifeShame.Add("could you please have a look for %k_n%'s knife, it was last seen in the ass of %v_n%");

KnifeShame.Add("%k_n% whispers 'you are my bitch now' as he pull knife out of %v_n%");

KnifeShame.Add("%k_n% just sliced %v_n%'s throat, what a shame, bro!");

KnifeShame.Add("as %k_n% knifes %v_n% he wonders if O.J Simpson's lawyer is available");

KnifeShame.Add("%v_n% was shanked by %k_n%!");

KnifeShame.Add("%v_n% regrets playing 'pin the tail on the donkey' with %k_n%");

KnifeShame.Add("%k_n% stabbed his way through %v_n%!");

KnifeShame.Add("%k_n% starts the bidding for %v_n%'s organs at $1");

KnifeShame.Add("%k_n% just sliced %v_n%'s throat, what a bloody mess!");

KnifeShame.Add("%k_n%'s knife is ribbed for your pleasure %v_n%");

KnifeShame.Add("%k_n% just took %v_n%'s tags and made him cry!");

KnifeShame.Add("%v_n% has been slashed by %k_n%");

KnifeShame.Add("%k_n% slipped a shiv into %v_n%'s back!");

KnifeShame.Add("%k_n% owned %v_n% with a knife!");

KnifeShame.Add("%k_n% tells %v_n% 'stop screaming, i've seen men put bigger things into you on porntube'");

KnifeShame.Add("%v_n% now knows why %k_n%'s nickname is McStabby");

KnifeShame.Add("%v_n%, you gonna let %k_n% get away with taking your tags_");

KnifeShame.Add("%k_n% just finished bathing in the blood of %v_n%!");

KnifeShame.Add("%k_n% just Tweeted about knifing %v_n%!");

KnifeShame.Add("%v_n% smashed the keyboard in anger after %k_n% took his tags!");

KnifeShame.Add("%k_n% just posted %v_n%'s tags on Facebook!");

KnifeShame.Add("%k_n% is now wearing %v_n% trophy tags!");

KnifeShame.Add("%k_n%: 'Just die already, %v_n%'"); // From BC2

KnifeShame.Add("%k_n%: 'Hey %v_n%, you want summa this_'"); // From BC2

KnifeShame.Add("%v_n% took a gun to a knife fight with %k_n%, and LOST!");

KnifeShame.Add("%k_n% it's fair enough that you killed %v_n% but why you putting a dress and make-up on him... ");

KnifeShame.Add("Disturbing... %k_n% laughs like a 12 year old school girl as he repeatedly knifes %v_n% and dances around in his blood");

KnifeShame.Add("Did you see the YouTube of %k_n% knifing %v_n%_");

KnifeShame.Add("%k_n% just added +1 knife kills to his Battlelog stats, thanks to %v_n%");

KnifeShame.Add("as %k_n% removed knife from %v_n% he wonders why it's so hard to make friends ...");

KnifeShame.Add("%v_n% Just made %k_n% knife dirty,by falling on his knife!");

KnifeShame.Add("%k_n%: 'Hey %v_n%, check your six next time!'");

KnifeShame.Add("%v_n%, go tell your momma you lost your tags to %k_n%!");

KnifeShame.Add("%k_n% Lost his knife in the fat of %v_n% body");

KnifeShame.Add("%k_n% sliced %v_n% throat and burned his body");

KnifeShame.Add("%v_n% was distracted by free cams while %k_n% stuck a knife in his ass!");

KnifeShame.Add("%k_n% pulled out %v_n% heart, and fed it to the dog.");

KnifeShame.Add("%k_n% added %v_n% dogtags to his dogtags trophy section.");

KnifeShame.Add("%k_n% shoved the knife into %v_n% eyeball,and kicked him off the ledge screaming: This is SPAAAAAARTAAA!");

KnifeShame.Add("%k_n%, %v_n%'s mam has been on the phone asking for his dogtags back");

KnifeShame.Add("%k_n% split %v_n% throat and urinated on him");

KnifeShame.Add("%k_n% just chopped %v_n% balls off! that gotta hurt !!");

KnifeShame.Add("%k_n% Humiliated %v_n%");

KnifeShame.Add("%v_n%'s blood is now sprayed everywhere due to %k_n% knife's action!");

KnifeShame.Add("Sad music plays on the background, while %v_n% bleeds to death ...");

KnifeShame.Add("%k_n% Cut out %v_n% ribs and shouted: BBQ Tonight at my place.");

KnifeShame.Add("%v_n% regrets betting %k_n% that he couldn't guess what he had for lunch");

KnifeShame.Add("%v_n% is a knife magnet today!");

KnifeShame.Add("%v_n% surrendered his tags to %k_n% by way of a knife!");

int level = 2;

try {

level = Convert.ToInt32(plugin.getPluginVarValue("debug_le vel"));

} catch (Exception e) {}

Random rndnum= new Random();

int next = rndnum.Next(0, KnifeShame.Count-1);

String knifemessage = plugin.R(KnifeShame[next]);

plugin.ServerCommand("admin.yell", knifemessage, "12");

plugin.SendGlobalMessage(knifemessage);

}

Originally Posted by MaccabeeY*:

PapaCharlie,

Insane Limits is one of the integral tools that makes limits I've created on my servers, perhaps, the most unique in the BF3 universe, not to mention, probably the only truly AUTO-Admin'ed server.

I am going to institute a game round rotation, i.e. with different rules and limits, say, every 3rd round.

In order to do this, I want to create an irregular rotation. I want it "keep it interesting and appear unpredictable".Also I want each variant of map to experience the rules periodically. Too achieve these goals, it is vital, that the interval, in this example 3, NOT be a multiple of the total number of maps/rounds.

For example, on a 4 map in combination, it would go something like this: round (1, 2)-normal; 3-special; (4, 1)-normal; 2-special, etc.

To achieve this, I believe, it would require that I will need to save to and get access the a "place" (i.e ProconRulz has the "ini_" variable) where I can read/write persistent data that remains beyond a single round. After carefully, reviewing the InsaneLimits.cs file, I was able to find I can get current round info useful to my call in data like server.TotalRounds and server.MapIndex. Unfortunately, this gets me only 2 of the three parts I would need. The third is I would need to save and retrieve the server.MapIndex of the LAST round to have run using the special rules. Without this 3rd piece of data, I would be unable to institute an irregular rules rotation.

Is there anything already existing in InsaneLimits that would facilitate this? If no, would it be something you could incorporate quickly and/or painlessly? I would do it myself, but, since InsaneLimits is NOT a "no longer maintained" plugin, I run the risk of trouble when new versions/patches of InsaneLimits are released (case in point the newly release JUN-15 release, yesterday. Really, in this "special rules rotation" case, all I need to save/read is a single variable, "what_was the_map_index_of_the_last_special_rules_round" kind of data.

Hopefully,

Edward