MULTIbalancer [1.1.6.0] 30-MAR-2015 + BFHL

Originally Posted by xFaNtASyGiRLx*:

The round ended early automatically with Mercy because of the 600 ticket difference. Not sure if that helps answer your question.

Ok, I will try 5 minutes instead of 10. Thanks.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by dyn*:

The round ended automatically with Mercy because of the 600 ticket difference. Not sure if that helps answer your question.

IC.. guess that explains why team one didn't lose very many tickets. So if you take a look at the logs for the start of the round and then look 10 minutes after that time, you should see a report like:

Map = Operation Riverside, mode = Conquest Large, time in round = 00:10:38, tickets = 1200/800

If the setting works the way I think it does: it will only check for stack after 10 mins so this is the first time it would even consider balancing players for unstack. Even if the ticket count were large, like above, no unstacking would take place until 10 minutes has passed. How many tickets and how lopsided of a game can you get in 10 mins? I'm wondering if you were to lower the time from 10 mins to 5 minutes would that have made a difference to the outcome of the round?

You could check and see what the ticket counts were at for 5 minutes using the above method.

Originally Posted by Jaythegreat1*:

I will test out the scrambling features since Squads should stay in tact now.

EDIT: Side note, tried adding a clan tag to disperse evenly list, would there be any settings that would go over them being on the list? Such as clan in same squad?

EDIT#2: Oops, didn't realize it was like scramber where you need to enable it per mode. Now testing with it on.

Originally Posted by PapaCharlie9*:

can you please explain the fixed bug

"* Unstacking not respecting minimum player requirement - 4 players were getting moved for unstacking!"

i need to know so that i can figure how i should change the unstacking accordingly.

It is in response to this problem report:

myrcon.net/...multibalancer-30-mar-2015-bfhl#entry33775

2v2 in the server got "unstacked to 3v1! The minimum server population check for 6 players wasn't in the right place for unstacking. Shouldn't have anything to do with settings.

could i please have a 32 player conquest list of recommended settings please with unstacker and balancer on thanks

Need way more information.

What are your Maximum tickets?

Is Metro included in the rotation?

Is the server usually full or does it run at less than 32 most of the time? If so, how many?

How long in minutes is an average round when the server is full?

How tolerant of being switched teams are your players?

Ok, I updated to 1.0.3.0 and changed only move weak players to false for AM server and the server has become lopsided again. 1k vs 300 tix etc for the past few games. I also made the minutes after being moved 120. Could the 120 minutes be causing this?

I'm not sure. It could be a problem, it could just be coincidence.

Everything looks fine in your settings. How long do rounds usually run? Is 30 minutes on the short side?

What are your Exclusions set to?

Edit: Just to clarify what I thought was best is to balance the teams out early into the game, like literally under 5 minutes after round start. So also posing a question too: Is there a reason to make it wait for 10 minutes to even see if there is massive ticket loss?

The main reason is to give the in-round stats averaging a chance to get reasonable numbers. It takes about 10 minutes for a 32 player Conquest server to get enough kills and score events to get a reasonable idea of who is strong and who is weak. It's true that if your rounds run 20 to 30 minutes, that's a big chunk of critical time to be doing nothing. For those cases, it might be better to use Battlelog stats (once those are reliable again) or Rank.

I will test out the scrambling features since Squads should stay in tact now.

EDIT: Side note, tried adding a clan tag to disperse evenly list, would there be any settings that would go over them being on the list? Such as clan in same squad?

I don't quite understand your question. Are you talking about which settings have priority over conflicting settings? Generally, the Disperse Evenly List and Disperse By Rank take priority over normal settings, but Scrambler is completely separate and essentially the highest priority.

EDIT#2: Oops, didn't realize it was like scramber where you need to enable it per mode. Now testing with it on.

Also take note that if you mean to divide a clan with one tag during scrambling, you want to use the Divide By setting, not the Disperse Evenly List. The Disperse Evenly List is ignored during scrambling, except for dispersal groups.

Jeez, just typing that makes my head spin. I have no idea how all of you are even understanding 10% of this stuff. Talk about feature-creep, lol.

Originally Posted by tarreltje*:

Which Battlelog Stats: ClanTagOnly, AllTime, or Reset. Selects the type of Battlelog stats you want to use, clan tag only, All-Time or Reset stats.

Can you clarify Alltime and Reset please?

Originally Posted by Roughneck2-0*:

Hello ...*.

I'm using MULTIBalancer v1.0.3.0 for the past 24 hours now on a Rush-only, 48-slot game-server:

Posted Image

Posted Image

On top of that, the game-server's vars.gameModeCounter is set to 150.

Now, regarding the Rush: Stage x Ticket Percentage To Unstack Adjustment feature:

Though I'm not using this feature at the moment, could I please trouble you to explain from where does the ticket ratio gets derived from in Rush mode?

I've read the section that starts with

Rush and Squad Rush require adjustments to the ticket percentage to unstack values specified in section 3 above.

multiple times, but still can't grasp the concept of how does MULTIBalancer takes the Attacker's ticket count into account.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Which Battlelog Stats: ClanTagOnly, AllTime, or Reset. Selects the type of Battlelog stats you want to use, clan tag only, All-Time or Reset stats.

Can you clarify Alltime and Reset please?

Premium players are allowed to reset some of their stats. More details here (scroll down to section near the bottom RESET STATS):

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/premium/

If you use the Reset setting, if the player is Premium and if they have reset their stats, the plugin will use the reset values of SPM, KDR and KPM. If the reset values are not available (a Premium player who has never done a reset, or a non-Premium player), you get the normal All-Time stats. Or you can always get the All-Time stats by using the AllTime setting.

On a player's stats page, you see the Reset stats (if any) at the top, and the All-Time stats at the bottom. For example:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...790/cem_ea_id/

You can see that Slavenator's current (reset) stats for SPM and KDR are 583 and 1.75, while his All-Time stats at the bottom are 565 and 1.39, respectively.

The difference this makes to the plugin is that often for good players, the All-Time stats understate their skills. The Reset stats can be a more accurate reflection of their current skills. On the other hand, there are some players that reset their stats frequently, particularly after a long run of good/lucky games, inflating their stats above reality.

So, in general, use Reset, unless you really want to use All-Time.

hm... anyone getting 100+ seconds for fetching a player stats on IL since updating MB ?

xFantasyGirlx is getting 2 minutes per clan tag fetch.

I'm getting less than 1 second per fetch, from Chicago and LA. I have no idea why there is such wide variation. Maybe a regional network thing?

Now, regarding the Rush: Stage x Ticket Percentage To Unstack Adjustment feature:

Though I'm not using this feature at the moment, could I please trouble you to explain from where does the ticket ratio gets derived from in Rush mode?

First let me point out that you have Only Move Weak Players set to True. Just make sure that's what you really want.

In Rush, the ticket ratio is derived from ... well, tickets. :smile:

For gameModeCounter 150, Attackers start out with about 112 tickets and Defenders start out with about 1500 tickets. You can't see the Defenders tickets, but the plugin can. Both sides lose tickets. So what I do is I "normalize" the Defenders tickets to the same level as the Attackers tickets. At the start of a stage, the max Attackers tickets are 112. So I set the Defenders tickets to 112 and I also remember that the real ticket amount is 1500. When the Attackers lose tickets, the lost tickets are subtracted from 112. When the Defenders lose tickets, the tickets are subtracted from 1500. Since I remembered that they started at 1500, I know exactly how many tickets have been lost total. I just subtract the same amount from my "normalized" value of 112 for Defenders.

For example, Attackers start with 112 and Defenders start with 1500(112). The number in parentheses is the normalized value. After a few minutes, the tickets are 60 and 1470. 1500-1470 is a loss of 30 tickets, so I subtract 30 from 112, 112-30 = 82, giving me 60 and 1470(82). Then I take the ratio of the winning team (most tickets) over the losers (least tickets), 82/60, to check for Unstacking.

I don't allow normalized Defenders tickets to go below zero. When the Defender's tickets get below a certain low amount, I change the Defenders tickets to be half of the Attackers tickets. That locks in an Unstacking ratio of 200%, but when the Defenders have lost that many tickets, the round is usually close to being over anyway.

An important difference for Rush is that these ratios are recalculated for every stage, since the Attackers tickets get reset to max if they successfully complete a stage. So that means the the Early, Mid, and Late phase happen for each stage, not for each round, as for other modes. That's why Rush needs big adjustments. 0,120,120 isn't going to cut it when the ratio routinely gets to 150%, 200%, even more, 30 vs 10 is 300%. The adjustments differ for each stage because unstacking is more effective in early stages than later. The adjustments should set low ratios for stage 1 and stage 2, medium to high ratios for stage 3 (some maps only have 3 stages), and disable untacking for stages 4 and 5. That's why the adjustment in stage 4 and 5 is negative, to set the unstacking percentage to 0 (disabled).

Since post #1 of this Plugin thread is already ginormous, I've started a separate thread for in-depth descriptions and details of certain settings that might need additional explanation.

It's stickied for easy access. It's in Plugin Enhancements.

page1/index.html*

Originally Posted by Roughneck2-0*:

First let me point out that you have Only Move Weak Players set to True. Just make sure that's what you really want.

In Rush, the ticket ratio is derived from ... well, tickets. :smile:

Thank you so much for this, ...*! Wonderful!

And thanks for:

1. The heads-up regarding the Only Move Weak Players, indeed I've left it on 'True' to ease things up a bit on our top players.

2. The explanation regarding the difference between AllTime and Reset Battlelog stats. Changed it now to 'Reset'.

Regards,

Originally Posted by HexaCanon*:

xFantasyGirlx is getting 2 minutes per clan tag fetch.

I'm getting less than 1 second per fetch, from Chicago and LA. I have no idea why there is such wide variation. Maybe a regional network thing?

i have a feeling the rank reset fucked up the fetching.

anyway this heavy throttling might go if i turn off the requested for half an hour.

Originally Posted by wishmaster2002uk*:

game mode counter is 150%

metro is in yes

if we say average of 25 since it varies

round can last from 20 mins to an hour depending on how well balanced teams are

they are ok with being moved once maybe twice at most over a period of an hour

we also run a gunmaster/ctf rotation which jumps between hardcore and normal mode all other settings are default

thanks

Originally Posted by shadow2k1*:

just a bit of info i wanted to share about the unstacker and balancer for any TDM servers running 1.0.2

im not sure this is by design, or if anyone knows it or not but if the teams are unbalanced, the balancer wont switch over any players untill someone dies.

same for unstacking.

it wont switch over anyone untill the player that its looking to change dies.

(at least thats how it works on my server)

is it possible to slightly change the unstack settings to a limit, say under 20 unstack is off but over its on type of thing?

Yes, that's what the Low, Medium, High population settings are for.

First, go to your per-mode setting in Section 8. Say you are doing Conquest Large. Find

Definition Of Low Population For Players

Set that to 20.

Now, in section 3, find the three settings

Ticket Percentage To Unstack

Each of those has a value which is three numbers, like: 120, 120, 120

The first of those three numbers refers to you Low Population. If you set that to 0, no unstacking will happen while population is low, which means, 20 or fewer players, since you set Low to 20.

So if your three settings have these values:

Change them to be:

Do that and no more unstacking if 20 players or less.

game mode counter is 150%

metro is in yes

if we say average of 25 since it varies

round can last from 20 mins to an hour depending on how well balanced teams are

they are ok with being moved once maybe twice at most over a period of an hour

we also run a gunmaster/ctf rotation which jumps between hardcore and normal mode all other settings are default

thanks

Let's start with Conquest. The Settings Wizard can't be used with CTF and unstacking can't be used with Gun Master.

I'm going to assume you run Conquest Small maps. If you run Conquest Large maps, some adjustments will have to be made in what I wrote below.

Find the Enable Settings Wizard setting at the top and set it to True.

Fill in the form that is opened as follows:

Which Mode: Conq Small or Dom or Scav

Metro Is In Map Rotation: True

Maximum Players For Mode: 32

Lowest Maximum Tickets For Mode: 225

Highest Maximum Tickets For Mode: 525

Preferred Style Of Balancing: Standard

Now you are ready to apply the changes, set Apply Settings Changes to True.

Since you want to enable unstacking, you should scroll down to the Section 8 - Conq Small, Dom, Scav section and make these changes as well:

Determine Strong Players By: RoundSPM

(This is your choice, use whatever scoring method you think is best)

Only Move Weak Players: False

Then, scroll back up to Section 6 and make sure everything there is set to Always or True, respectively.

Finally, in Section 0, set Enable Unstacking to True.

For CTF, the default settings in Section 8 should be okay. Just make sure Determine Strong Players By is set to RoundSPM (or whatever you chose) and Only Move Weak Players is set to False.

Good luck!

just a bit of info i wanted to share about the unstacker and balancer for any TDM servers running 1.0.2

im not sure this is by design, or if anyone knows it or not but if the teams are unbalanced, the balancer wont switch over any players untill someone dies.

same for unstacking.

it wont switch over anyone untill the player that its looking to change dies.

(at least thats how it works on my server)

You really should read all of post #1. It says, right near the top:

This plugin only moves players when they die. No players are killed by admin to be moved, with the single exception of players who attempt to switch teams when team switching is not allowed -- those players may be admin killed before being moved back to their original team.

Originally Posted by shadow2k1*:

You really should read all of post #1. It says, right near the top:

yea i didnt really read the description as i already knew what the plugin was about from following the suggestions leading up to the release, but i see that now.

sorry

Hello PapaCharlie9

Can you Post a good Setting for 64slot Rush 300% Tickets Please

Your work and your Plugin very very nice

Familiarize yourself with the style of Rush settings by looking at this:

showthread....ll=1#post72788*

You'll see that there are two differences from what you want, number of players and max tickets.

Now use the Settings Wizard. Set Enable Settings Wizard to True. Fill in the form items with the requested information, for example, set Which Mode to Rush. Then set Apply Settings Changes to True.

Review the changes made to Section 8 - Rush. Everything look good? Post the result here if you want review. Best way to do that is find the Show Command In Log setting and type gen r into it and hit return. Then copy & paste the log text is displayed at the bottom.