xVotemap 1.5.6.0

ImportBot

Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner*:

Maybe its a good idea to have the option to choose what will happen if no one votes. On my server often no one votes but I guess the most people want to stay on map. When people join a server it is because they want to play the map currently running. So its a good idea to don't cycle if no one votes.

"Voting Threshold: Integer, representing the minimum total number of votes that must cast for the highest voted map to become the nextmap. If no map reaches this threshold, then the map will just roll over to the next map in the maplist."
* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.

Originally Posted by RosDevil*:

Hi all!!!

I've noticed that this plugin that not shorter the name of the maps during the vote map display. This causes the use of multiple lines more than expected. Well, i've patched this, so now almost all map names will allow to fit with the maximum ingame line length.

Example:

Operation Firestorm 2014 -> Op. Firestorm

Zavod:Graveyard Shift -> Zavod (night)

Operation Whiteout -> Op. Whiteout

While some others remained the same due to their specific name. Rouge Transmission, Siege of Shanghai, Giants of Karelia are shown still the same. If you need a further enhancement let me know.

xVotemap (patched by RosDevil).zip

Originally Posted by cmdkeen*:

"Voting Threshold: Integer, representing the minimum total number of votes that must cast for the highest voted map to become the nextmap. If no map reaches this threshold, then the map will just roll over to the next map in the maplist."

That doesn'T seem to be true. I set Threshold to 2. It seems that this means, vote is valid if at least 2 player vote but not that there have to be at least 2 votes for one map. this is the next problem i encounter.

i would prefer that there is a threshold in percent or fixed number of votes. votes for a map have to be greater than this value otherwise voting failed.

and the other thing. i dont want it to continue mapcycle if vote fails. i want it to stay on map.

what programming language is this? maybe i could implement such behavior and a switch so one can decide what behavior he wants.

That doesn'T seem to be true. I set Threshold to 2. It seems that this means, vote is valid if at least 2 player vote but not that there have to be at least 2 votes for one map. this is the next problem i encounter.

i would prefer that there is a threshold in percent or fixed number of votes. votes for a map have to be greater than this value otherwise voting failed.

and the other thing. i dont want it to continue mapcycle if vote fails. i want it to stay on map.

what programming language is this? maybe i could implement such behavior and a switch so one can decide what behavior he wants.

Yes, it appears the docs are wrong. It's actually counting the total votes, which should be fine.

Keep in mind there is no way for the default server to simply stay on the same map, the default server simply circles over to the next round in the map list. When nobody votes it just lets the server do its normal thing. Otherwise if nobody votes your server would permanently be on the same map, is that actually what you want?

All plugins are written in C#.

Yes, it appears the docs are wrong. It's actually counting the total votes, which should be fine.

Keep in mind there is no way for the default server to simply stay on the same map, the default server simply circles over to the next round in the map list. When nobody votes it just lets the server do its normal thing. Otherwise if nobody votes your server would permanently be on the same map, is that actually what you want?

All plugins are written in C#.

But if the voting plugin is able to set the next map it would be able to interrupt the mapcycle to stay on map also.

Yes, thats the behavior i would like. I got a small server (24 slots) and it's not that famous. Sometimes one people votes a map which many poeple don't like and the others simply don't vote. After mapchange the server is dead sometimes.

I presume that when the poeple come on the server on the current map, they would stay if map wasn't change. So it would be good when the map only changes if there are enough player wanting to play the voted map.

Oh C#. I only know C/C++ and Java. But C# should not deffer much from Java I guess.

Yes, that is the behavior i'd like to have.

I got a small server (24 slot) which isn't very famous. When people join it I assume they come for the map currently running. So I guess it'd be a good idea if the server keep the map as long as there are enough people wanting another map.

Often I saw one person voted an uncommon map. Usually ~10 player leave after match but with mapchange there are even more people leaving the server. If it falls below 8 players it is nearly dead. Especially when the balance scrambler sorted people and they leave, the balance is screwed.

So I guess it would be good to change map only if there are at least two or people votet that new map. Else map should not be changed.

Unfortunately I only know C/C++ and Java :biggrin: but maybe I will find some time to have a look at C#. Is it open source or something?

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by 013-TML8*:

Been a while since I last had a server, so can't remember. Will the new map tomorrow (community map project) require an update to this, or will it work right away?

Wondering the same for Ultimate Map Manager.

Been a while since I last had a server, so can't remember. Will the new map tomorrow (community map project) require an update to this, or will it work right away?

Wondering the same for Ultimate Map Manager.

Those both work off of the BF4.def file. Wait for an update for that file and these plugins will function for it.

Originally Posted by lakaelo*:

is there any update in place? atm it is not working with outbreak if you have more than 1 outbreak map in rotation. or is it my fault?

[12:31:09 97] [xVotemap 1.5.6.0] Info: lakaelo started a Votemap

[12:31:09 97] [xVotemap 1.5.6.0] Info: XP6_CMP equals XP6_CMP and ConquestLarge0 equals ConquestLarge0 removing duplicate

[12:31:10 04] [xVotemap 1.5.6.0] Error: Exception caught in SortMapList, continuing without proper map order =\

[12:31:10 04] [xVotemap 1.5.6.0] Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

[12:31:10 12] [xVotemap 1.5.6.0] Error: Exception caught in GenerateMapOptions

[12:31:10 12] [xVotemap 1.5.6.0] Error: Failed to compare two elements in the array.

[12:31:10 12] [xVotemap 1.5.6.0] Work: Displayed vote banner

[12:31:10 12] [xVotemap 1.5.6.0] Info: Voting poll: Started!

Originally Posted by hdgus*:

Ok first time user here. I've uploaded the voetmap to the ftp into the bf4 plugins folder and also on my desktop. but it does not show up in the plugins when procon is opened up. the votemap zip shows only 1 file and I've noticed there is a minimum of 2 files with all the other plugins in the folder. am I missing a file? and yes I do have the most current bf4.def file. any help would be appreciated.

Originally Posted by Ch4roon*:

Sorry, but all players will using the "/" but the "&" is coming and not the "/", that is the problem .....

To complete eisvogel's message ( i'm playing on the same server often ) : when a votemap starts, the problem depends on the player keyb ( country ).

To be as clear as possible : When a vote map starts and works, you enter /[map number] and you got the message "Xxxxx has voted for the map xxxxxx", ok.

On this server (and since the last BF4 patch) the votemap is working during some rounds and after a while, the problem starts and we can't vote anymore.

If you vote /xx, some players see the "/" changing to another character ( & for germans ) or for some players, as me (french), no character at all = no vote possible.

Originally Posted by RickDeckard*:

Hi everybody.

I install the plugin and everything work perfect for a couple of hours. Now at the vote moment nobody can see the map list. Procedure start regularly but no number/map list appear. And if I write /1 in chat, my vote "hasn't recognized".

My map list is quite long (14 maps with very mixed mode) and involve the new map.

Any suggest?

edit.

I just see this error in plugin console:

[16:53:36 46] [xVotemap 1.5.6.0] Error: Exception caught in SortMapList, continuing without proper map order =\

[16:53:36 46] [xVotemap 1.5.6.0] Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Originally Posted by Mamba334*:

because when the operation outbreak map is in the rotation votemap bug? and does not appear ops maps

When our Operation Outbreak is next, it will say Next Map: [CQ] or if it is included the voting options, it's blank. So yeah, bug may be the issue with that map.

Hi everybody.

I install the plugin and everything work perfect for a couple of hours. Now at the vote moment nobody can see the map list. Procedure start regularly but no number/map list appear. And if I write /1 in chat, my vote "hasn't recognized".

My map list is quite long (14 maps with very mixed mode) and involve the new map.

Any suggest?

edit.

I just see this error in plugin console:

[16:53:36 46] [xVotemap 1.5.6.0] Error: Exception caught in SortMapList, continuing without proper map order =\

[16:53:36 46] [xVotemap 1.5.6.0] Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Type in main chat window: /disablevotemap then type in /enablevotemap then type in /votemap

See if that helps. That's what I have to do when it does that and then the issue goes away for the remainder of the night.

Ok first time user here. I've uploaded the voetmap to the ftp into the bf4 plugins folder and also on my desktop. but it does not show up in the plugins when procon is opened up. the votemap zip shows only 1 file and I've noticed there is a minimum of 2 files with all the other plugins in the folder. am I missing a file? and yes I do have the most current bf4.def file. any help would be appreciated.

Restart Procon Layer.

Also, make sure you have it in the File Manager/Plugins/BF4 folder .... not the plugin folder but the BF4 folder within the Plugin folder.

Originally Posted by Barack_palinka*:

Hi!

I always get this error message:

[23:01:16 35] xVotemap: ERROR checking for Update: System.Security.SecurityException: Fehler bei der Anforderung des Berechtigungstyps "System.Net.WebPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089".

bei System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)

bei System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address)

bei System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(String address)

bei PRoConEvents.xVotemap.UpdateCheck()

Die Aktion, bei der ein Fehler aufgetreten ist:

Demand

Der Typ der ersten Berechtigung, bei der ein Fehler aufgetreten ist:

System.Net.WebPermission

Die Zone der Assembly, bei der ein Fehler aufgetreten ist:

MyComputer

What should be the problem?

• 3 weeks later...

I found out by trial and error, Graveyard Shift and Outbreak will cause this plugin to not display properly.

If you remove those two maps from the lineup and just add them when you want to play them, this plugin works perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

because when the operation outbreak map is in the rotation votemap bug? and does not appear ops maps

Have you found a fix for this yet, because we are trying to host Outbreak as well and it won't work properly with that map in the line up, but I went to another server and they have it working.

Originally Posted by EBassie*:

Plugin works fine on my conquest server with Outbreak in the maplist.

Make sure you have latest BF4.def installed.

You can try this:

1. Remember your plugin settings (write it down or make a screenshot)

2. Stop the Procon layer

3. Remove the plugin settings file (xVotemap.cfg) in folder configs\serverip:tongue:ort

4. Start your layer again

5. Activate plugin and put your settings back.

Plugin works fine on my conquest server with Outbreak in the maplist.

Make sure you have latest BF4.def installed.

You can try this:

1. Remember your plugin settings (write it down or make a screenshot)

2. Stop the Procon layer

3. Remove the plugin settings file (xVotemap.cfg) in folder configs\serverip:tongue:ort

4. Start your layer again

5. Activate plugin and put your settings back.

Hey, thanks for your reply, ok, this is what I just done.

I updated to R54. Is that correct?

I removed the votemap.cfg file.

I restarted procon layer.