Advanced In-Game Admin and Ban Enforcer - AdKats

Message added by Prophet731,

If you've been banned from a server then you will need to appeal the ban with the owners/community of that server. We do not control any bans done on servers that utilize AdKats as all bans are local to that server.

• Plugin Developer

Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner*:

Now, anytime you fool around in the admins section, it clears the plugin details screen (on 3 different servers tested). Can still enable/disbale the plugin, and it will tell you it pulled the admin list, but before it "crashes" it doesn't populate the admin list from the 1st server to the next. lol, make sense?

adkats1.jpg

I can hit you with a joinme so you can see what is going on if you like.

teamspeak is 74.208.103.208

Woah, serious problem, it still seems like a DB issue though, but not sure. I don't know why it didn't do this on my clan's layers when it got pushed to them, everything ran fine. Can you change the debug level to 6 and send me the console around when you get the error?

Just FYI there is a 5 minute timeout i put on fetching admins automatically from the database. That is how often it will keep all layers up to date, make changes through one layer, and 5 mins later the other layers will reflect that. I can reduce the time if needed.

I'll be able to join TS tonight after work.

Originally Posted by Hutchew*:

Another minor glitch:

player mute messages: you can change the first one, but if you change the 2nd, it puts that message in the first slot, and changes the 2nd back to what it was originally.

With the 3rd, cannot change at all, goes back to original.

What would be sweet, a way to copy all settings to each server instead of setting each one up separately. We run ours like that just for admin consistency.

So far, so good. Seems to have worked out whatever problems were causing the cleared plugin screens.

Hutchew

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Plugin Developer

Another minor glitch:

player mute messages: you can change the first one, but if you change the 2nd, it puts that message in the first slot, and changes the 2nd back to what it was originally.

With the 3rd, cannot change at all, goes back to original.

What would be sweet, a way to copy all settings to each server instead of setting each one up separately. We run ours like that just for admin consistency.

So far, so good. Seems to have worked out whatever problems were causing the cleared plugin screens.

Hutchew

If you could add those as an issue that would be great :smile:.

As for storing settings on the database, i don't think i should do that, some server admins will want different settings for each server. I could have it store the settings from each server in separate sections, then have a sync command. Enter a server id in the sync field and all settings from that server will be downloaded to the current one. That will have to wait till 3.0 though.

I suppose a guy could theoretically go into the serverip.cfg file and copy/paste the configs (with server specific tweaks) into the other server's cfg file. Just kinda a clunky way to do that.

I put the player mute messages in as an issue, fyi.

• Plugin Developer

I suppose a guy could theoretically go into the serverip.cfg file and copy/paste the configs (with server specific tweaks) into the other server's cfg file. Just kinda a clunky way to do that.

I put the player mute messages in as an issue, fyi.

Thanks for the issue post.

Also yeah that is a really clunky way of doing it, i'll find a way to automate it :smile:

Thanks for the issue post.

Also yeah that is a really clunky way of doing it, i'll find a way to automate it :smile:

I would think that all server owners would want certain things, namely admin commands, to be the same regardless of which server they were in, so maybe something like the admin list, which propagates from one server to another.

Also put in another issue, regarding presay and preyell commands not being editable.

Thanks!

Hutchew

Lol, posted another issue, but I can't tell if it took it or not....so will post it in here as well.

Can we make it to where the say and yell commands don't need verification?

Only punishments, kills, kicks and bans really need that.

Thanks

Hutchew

Originally Posted by MarcoV1980*:

Glad there is some interest in this! I have already made many updates to the plugin (making things run better and adding more features), the update will be released this coming week.

You kidding me? This plugin sounds awesome! Just one i was looking for, makes it much easyer for punishing repeat offenders! Going to have a fiddle with it later on the day, need to get myself a tan first.

Thanks for your hard work!

• Plugin Developer

You kidding me? This plugin sounds awesome! Just one i was looking for, makes it much easyer for punishing repeat offenders! Going to have a fiddle with it later on the day, need to get myself a tan first.

Thanks for your hard work!

Glad to help. Make sure you download the latest version here, i pushed an update last night: https://raw.github.com/ColColonClean...ster/AdKats.cs

Glad to help. Make sure you download the latest version here, i pushed an update last night: https://raw.github.com/ColColonClean...ster/AdKats.cs

Ahh, ill check out that one, because with 0.2.5.0 i had a bug when entering admins. After which i got a blanc page on the plugin settings tab.
  • Plugin Developer

Ahh, ill check out that one, because with 0.2.5.0 i had a bug when entering admins. After which i got a blanc page on the plugin settings tab.

Another person had that same issue, but i don't know what fixed it because he said it started working properly before i even had a chance to look at it. If it happens with 0.2.5.1 let me know and i'll go searching for it, but right now i've not seen that error on my machines.

Another person had that same issue, but i don't know what fixed it because he said it started working properly before i even had a chance to look at it. If it happens with 0.2.5.1 let me know and i'll go searching for it, but right now i've not seen that error on my machines.

Seems to still exist, also with the .1 version. Seems to happen when i try to enter 2 admins at the same time, it takes a bit of time for it to be updated, and then it just disappears. Only clearing tables works and reset the layer. Ill have another try with it.

Edit: that seemed to have done the trick, im adding them one at a time now, and no problems thusfar :smile:

• Plugin Developer

Wait, you are trying to add multiple admins at the same time? that might be the issue, it's only meant for one player to be added in the addaccess input line at a time. It says that in the documentation.

I would need to define a delimiter to parse multiple admins at the same time. probably commas. Does the error still appear when you enter just one? or is it only in the multiple case?

Wait, you are trying to add multiple admins at the same time? that might be the issue, it's only meant for one player to be added in the addaccess input line at a time. It says that in the documentation.

I would need to define a delimiter to parse multiple admins at the same time. probably commas. Does the error still appear when you enter just one? or is it only in the multiple case?

Must have missed that part, i havent had any problem thusfar when entering them seperately.
  • Plugin Developer

Must have missed that part, i havent had any problem thusfar when entering them seperately.

Ok perfect, i may add it in a later release for multiple people at once, but honestly didn't think people would even try that before now which is why i didn't test that case, lol.

Heya, im back :smile:

Couple of bugs.

When i punish a player it adds to the refraction amount. But when i repunish the same player within 20 seconds it gives an error saying he was already punished. But the amount of refractions did add up. When i repunished that same player after the 20 seconds again then he would have 3 refractions and not 2.

Also, when forgiving the player below the 0 refractions, it actually counts down to -1 -2 -3 etc etc, but the offset has changed with 1. Whenever i goto -1 on the refractions, and then punish the player, he would have 1 refraction and not 0.

• Plugin Developer

Heya, im back :smile:

Couple of bugs.

When i punish a player it adds to the refraction amount. But when i repunish the same player within 20 seconds it gives an error saying he was already punished. But the amount of refractions did add up. When i repunished that same player after the 20 seconds again then he would have 3 refractions and not 2.

Also, when forgiving the player below the 0 refractions, it actually counts down to -1 -2 -3 etc etc, but the offset has changed with 1. Whenever i goto -1 on the refractions, and then punish the player, he would have 1 refraction and not 0.

They aren't bugs, that's intended. When a player is punished, they get put on a punishment timeout, which is 20 seconds. That is so multiple admins cant punish a player accidentally for the same thing.

When a player gets punished and they already have a punish in the past 5 minutes, the new punish counts for 2 points instead of one, because the player is immediately offending the server again the punishment is increased.

Yes players can be forgiven below 0, and that is intended as well. If an admin wants to give a player a grace period they can forgive them into negative values, then it will take longer for players to get to real punishments.

The document is here showing how everything works: https://github.com/ColColonCleaner/A...ster/README.md

Hope this helps. :smile:

Originally Posted by Jamesonp*:

Hi,

I added an admin via the Procon Plugin interface and after I submitted it, it causes the entire page to go blank and not return. Restarting solves the issue and I've since then just manually added my admins using mysql.

Edit: And as always, great plugin! Thank you.

Hi,

I added an admin via the Procon Plugin interface and after I submitted it, it causes the entire page to go blank and not return. Restarting solves the issue and I've since then just manually added my admins using mysql.

Add them one by one, then wait for it to show up then add the 2nd etc etc

They aren't bugs, that's intended. When a player is punished, they get put on a punishment timeout, which is 20 seconds. That is so multiple admins cant punish a player accidentally for the same thing.

When a player gets punished and they already have a punish in the past 5 minutes, the new punish counts for 2 points instead of one, because the player is immediately offending the server again the punishment is increased.

Yes players can be forgiven below 0, and that is intended as well. If an admin wants to give a player a grace period they can forgive them into negative values, then it will take longer for players to get to real punishments.

The document is here showing how everything works: https://github.com/ColColonCleaner/A...ster/README.md

Hope this helps. :smile:

Think i;ve overread that part when i was a bit too sleepy.

One question though, is it/ will it be possible to put certain words on a automute list?

ie, if you say noob too many times, you get automuted

• Plugin Developer

Think i;ve overread that part when i was a bit too sleepy.

One question though, is it/ will it be possible to put certain words on a automute list?

ie, if you say noob too many times, you get automuted

I intended this to be on-demand admin system, which means no auto-anything. I believe insane limits can do kills and kicks based on a player saying something too much :smile:. I might add it in a later version though.
  • Plugin Developer

Hi,

It will go blank if you attempt to add multiple admins before it refreshes. It checks the database for consistency across layers on every insert. Wait for the new admin to show up in the list below it, then continue adding admins.
  • Plugin Developer

Still implementing the multi-threaded version as there seemed to be some lag with moving players. Punishment, killing, etc work fine for performance, but some of the other aspects were causing lag.

On that note, when an admin @moves a player, should i inform the player they will be moved the next time they die? Or should i leave them in the dark about it until it actually happens?

Let them know before.

Has anyone seen instances of bans not going through after confirmation? Some of our admins are saying it has happened. I am out of town ATM, so can't check easily.

Hutchew

Originally Posted by Jamesonp*:

Let them know before.

Has anyone seen instances of bans not going through after confirmation? Some of our admins are saying it has happened. I am out of town ATM, so can't check easily.

Hutchew

We don't ban too many people on our servers but of the two I've issued, they've both gone through.
  • Plugin Developer

Our 40 or so admins haven't seen a problem with bans not going through, but if it is really happening please let me know and i'll try to find a fix.

Another enhancement i'm thinking of working in. "Hacker" whitelisting. A list of players who are really really good, but you have deemed not hackers by whatever means you see fit. On your servers, when an admin attempts to temp or permaban those players, It will not only confirm their name, but will ask you to confirm again stating "This player has been marked as a non-hacker, confirm ban_". This will attempt to stop admins from banning someone after they have already been marked as clean. Let me know your thoughts.

In other news, 2.7.0 is still in testing, threading is being quirky on me when under high load, needs more time.

• Plugin Developer

Ah, i found your problem, frostbite ban reasons can be a maximum of 80 characters, and the ban will fail if the reason is greater than 80 chars. Punish reasons can be really long in 2.5.1 as i didn't know there was a restriction. Example:

"(MediumAdminName) kinda long ban reason in this area [iRO] (38 Infraction Points) - Your Ban Append Message"

That is 107 characters, way too long for procon to take.

I fixed it in 2.7.0, if the total ban message is greater than 80 chars your ban message entered in-game will be truncated at the end, enough to bring the total characters down to 80. Ban append messages (at the end) can be a maximum of 30 characters now, and the message will be formatted differently to try and conserve character count. Example:

"MediumAdminName - kinda long ban reason in this area [iRO 38pts] - Your Ban Append Message"

That is 90 characters. It will be shortened to this:

"MediumAdminName - kinda long ban reason in [iRO 38pts] - Your Ban Append Message"

Then the ban will be sent.

Of course if you don't use the ban append message it will be very rare that your ban messages will be truncated, as that is the main cause of length increase.

2.7.0 will be available in a day or two.