Advanced In-Game Admin and Ban Enforcer - AdKats

Message added by Prophet731,

If you've been banned from a server then you will need to appeal the ban with the owners/community of that server. We do not control any bans done on servers that utilize AdKats as all bans are local to that server.

Originally Posted by kcuestag*:

Is there a way of setting the Kill command to not need a "reason"?

We often kill ourselves for example to move team faster, and it's a bit annoying we have to enter a reason. :biggrin:

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Plugin Developer

Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner*:

Is there a way of setting the Kill command to not need a "reason"?

We often kill ourselves for example to move team faster, and it's a bit annoying we have to enter a reason. :biggrin:

Any command that you don't give target params to will target yourself. So @kill with no params will kill you. Right now you need to type @yes to confirm it though. That can be changed in a future release.

Originally Posted by IceCold*:

just installed 3.0, it will not run . :-

ERROR: Database Server info could not be fetched! Make sure XpKiller's Stat Logger is running on this server!

i'm running XpKiller's Stat Logger 1.1.0.1

your previous version worked fine with this.

how do i fix ?

• Plugin Developer

just installed 3.0, it will not run . :-

ERROR: Database Server info could not be fetched! Make sure XpKiller's Stat Logger is running on this server!

i'm running XpKiller's Stat Logger 1.1.0.1

your previous version worked fine with this.

how do i fix ?

The previous version didn't rely on stat logger. The reason this failed is because your current server's IP was not found in the database under xpkillers tbl_server table.

Did you get a message from AdKats saying "SUCCESS: Server IP is xxxxxxx"? That is the IP address it searches the database for. I would suggest making sure the current server is in the table.

Originally Posted by IceCold*:

The previous version didn't rely on stat logger. The reason this failed is because your current server's IP was not found in the database under xpkillers tbl_server table.

Did you get a message from AdKats saying "SUCCESS: Server IP is xxxxxxx"? That is the IP address it searches the database for. I would suggest making sure the current server is in the table.

yea , i got that message from AdKats saying "SUCCESS: Server IP is xxxxxxx!", and the ip is in xpkillers tbl_server table.

should the ! be at the end of the port number ?

• Plugin Developer

yea , i got that message from AdKats saying "SUCCESS: Server IP is xxxxxxx!", and the ip is in xpkillers tbl_server table.

No, the exclaim i just added when that message prints. It should be finding your server, there are dozens of servers running 3.0 without problem so it might be an anomaly, but we'll see. I can debug it directly tonight if you come in the ADK teamspeak or give me an address to your own (PM please). ADK's is ts.adkgamers.com:3796, i'll be on from 7CST until i cant keep my eyes open. For debug i will need parent layer access through procon to view plugins, and read-only access to your database.
  • Plugin Developer

I think I found your problem. The port number i'm detecting through AdKats can be different than the port detected through stat logger. I need to look through his code to find the solution. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Can you confirm that the port number you are seeing AdKats confirm with you is different than the port in the tbl_server table?

Is it just me or are bans being recorded by EA guid instead of PBGUID now?

EA Guid is better, as you won't get your bans shared on Metabans if you use PBGuid. But it would be nice if the plugin allowed you to choose what kind of bans (name, IP, EA Guid, PB Guid...) you want to use. :smile:

I definitely prefer EA Guid bans.

• Plugin Developer

Is it just me or are bans being recorded by EA guid instead of PBGUID now?

EA Guid is better, as you won't get your bans shared on Metabans if you use PBGuid. But it would be nice if the plugin allowed you to choose what kind of bans (name, IP, EA Guid, PB Guid...) you want to use. :smile:

I definitely prefer EA Guid bans.

Responding to both of you.

The answer to your questions are in the documentation, but i will elaborate more here. It depends on whether or not you are using the ban enforcer.

In AdKats 2.5 there were 3 options to ban players by. Either name, Eaguid, or PBguid. For default procon banlist usage this list was shrunk in version 3 to only ea guid for two reasons.

1. Players should never be only banned by name, it's extremely unreliable. Name bans can be a supplement to guid bans, but shouldn't be the primary ban type.

2. PB GUID bans are not easily managed locally by plugins. New ones can be added, but working with them after the fact gets hairy. They are not stored locally.

EA GUID is very reliable, and is the most widely used form of banning in both plugins and anti cheat websites. Also EA GUID is the first thing plugins see when a player joins, the PB info comes later through a different call. EA GUID bans are held locally, and easily manageable by plugins, so autoadmins and ban managers can easily process and work with them.

However if you are using ban enforcer you can choose what to ban by (any combination of name, ea guid, ip, or all at once). If the ban enforcer is enabled i can pull this extra info from your database and use it. Players who are banned with ban enforcer activated are banned by ID in your database, your database contains all info about every player that enters the server. The stat logger uses EA GUID as a unique key in the database for players, so during import of bans from your procon layer to ban enforcer i can ensure the correct players are grabbed.

Once the webadmin is released this will make much more sense :smile:

Also, none of this is set in stone. If you really do want to avoid using the ban enforcer (hopefully not), I will add normal PB GUID bans back into AdKats.

• Administrators

Originally Posted by Prophet731*:

So here is another screenshot of one of the admin pages. It's still in a work in progress.

Posted Image

The developer of the Battlefield Admin Control Panel (BFACP)

For BFACP support please post in the BFACP topic linked above.

Do not contact me via PM on the forums for help with procon. Please make a topic for it. Only PM's I will accept will revolve around any website issues.

spacer.png

Originally Posted by Evi1_0ne*:

Banning via PB guid has added benefits for a constantly running procon layer. When a banned user re joins the server, user name and ip are updated in the procon window when a join attempt is made, ea guid does not give you this added information.

Also, ea guid bans are stored in Admin/BanList.txt where it takes up multiple lines for one ban, whereas bans stored in pbbans.dat are one line succinct entries that contain all info needed for perm bans, not temp bans, which I think is why you prefer to use EA guid. You dont have to check in different places for things.

PB guid bans sometimes require a reboot of the punkbuster server in order for them to clear. This maybe based on the the punkbuster config flag: pb_sv_AutoUpdBan 1 //[0=No, 1=Yes (default=0)] causing some conflits or overwrites perhaps?

Just throwing some thoughts out there.

• Plugin Developer

Banning via PB guid has added benefits for a constantly running procon layer. When a banned user re joins the server, user name and ip are updated in the procon window when a join attempt is made, ea guid does not give you this added information.

Also, ea guid bans are stored in Admin/BanList.txt where it takes up multiple lines for one ban, whereas bans stored in pbbans.dat are one line succinct entries that contain all info needed for perm bans, not temp bans, which I think is why you prefer to use EA guid. You dont have to check in different places for things.

PB guid bans sometimes require a reboot of the punkbuster server in order for them to clear. This maybe based on the the punkbuster config flag: pb_sv_AutoUpdBan 1 //[0=No, 1=Yes (default=0)] causing some conflits or overwrites perhaps?

Just throwing some thoughts out there.

I will add it back in for default usage, and create a switch between the two. However, all problems you mentioned are solved through ban enforcer by default at the moment.
  • Plugin Developer

We're currently using the ...* to sync bans across our servers. Was curious to see if there is/would be a way import our bans from that database to the new one?

Thanks!

By what i have seen (correct me if i'm wrong), the bf3 ban manager keeps bans issued on the current procon layer in the local ban list (it doesn't clear the ban list). It syncs bans to the database, but it doesn't remove them from the local instance. If this is the case then simply enabling ban enforcer on all servers you've currently connected can do the import of your bans without touching bf3 ban manager's database tables. Ban enforcer will repopulate your procon ban lists from the database if you disable it again, so nothing is lost if you just want to try it out :smile:. I can't keep any bans in procon's ban list while ban enforcer is running since all enforce messages are dynamic with a time.

Hutchew and a couple other groups are actively using the ban enforcer and have not reported any issues with it since the official release. They are doing management via the database until we release the WebAdmin. Docs on how to manage via the database are in the AdKats documentation.

Originally Posted by dyn*:

Unfortunately the BF3 Ban Manager is set to clear the local ban list on each server and then import all bans into a mysql database. When a player connects the ban manager checks with the DB to see if that player is listed. So the second a ban is placed on any server it's cleared from the local ban list and immediately placed into the database so all servers can share it.

Since the bans are in the database, I will try and see if exporting everything into a useable format which can then be imported into adkats is possible. For example export all active perm bans and then create a template pbban file?

• Plugin Developer

Unfortunately the BF3 Ban Manager is set to clear the local ban list on each server and then import all bans into a mysql database. When a player connects the ban manager checks with the DB to see if that player is listed. So the second a ban is placed on any server it's cleared from the local ban list and immediately placed into the database so all servers can share it.

Since the bans are in the database, I will try and see if exporting everything into a useable format which can then be imported into adkats is possible. For example export all active perm bans and then create a template pbban file?

Wait, so once you've started using BF3 Ban Manager there is no way to turn it off? Can it import your bans back into procon? If so that would be the best solution, just have it import them back in for one server, then enable ban enforcer. If it doesn't have that don't worry about creating an import for AdKats, i'll examine his database tables and write an automatic importer. I already do most of the processing so this should be a breeze. 3.0.2 will be released with this along with some other things. It will have to be after WebAdmin is released though, people are waiting on that.
  • Plugin Developer

General performance question for you guys. How many active player bans do you manage? We are testing the WebAdmin for load times on certain pages, using ~1000 active bans as the benchmark. Do any of you have a higher number we should test against? We can import up to 2000, but started with 1000 to make testing simpler.

We would like to test this with an insane number of bans, like 10000. For all who would like to help us test i will need your banlist.txt file contents, i don't care about ban reasons or what players they are for, it's only for testing.

Go here http://pastebin.com/ and paste the contents of your banlist.txt.

Then send me the paste link via PM here private.php_do=newpm*

Or add a comment here with it. https://github.com/ColColonCleaner/AdKats/issues/179

The more bans i can get the better :3

Originally Posted by dyn*:

Just an idea: You can export bans from Metabans.com. Not sure if this would be allowed... especially if the list were to become public. But it something that might be worth investigating. Would EA GUID bans work?

• Plugin Developer

Just an idea: You can export bans from Metabans.com. Not sure if this would be allowed... especially if the list were to become public. But it something that might be worth investigating. Would EA GUID bans work?

Yes, all bans that are not PB GUID bans i can work with. I'm still doing testing on importing those...
  • Plugin Developer

When I mute a player, is there also an option to unmute him?

https://github.com/ColColonCleaner/A...#player-muting I might add it later, but as for now, no.

EDIT: I only intended player muting to be used in extreme cases, where the player is actually being destructive to the server with their chat, not just on a whim. So i intentionally didn't add an unmute. I might add it later if you guys are muting for random things, but that's what i originally intended.

Originally Posted by Jasonpb*:

I'm having a little trouble with move and fmove, doesn't seem to be working very nicely overall, specially fmove.

Sometimes it can take up to 10minutes before the players moved, and even then it can kill them 2-3 times in trying.

I thought fmove was an instantaneous thing, move would use a queuing system.

• Plugin Developer

I'm having a little trouble with move and fmove, doesn't seem to be working very nicely overall, specially fmove.

Sometimes it can take up to 10minutes before the players moved, and even then it can kill them 2-3 times in trying.

I thought fmove was an instantaneous thing, move would use a queuing system.

Hmmm, interesting. I will look into this. This is the intended functionality:

Fmove: Move the player immediately if there is a spot available on the other team. If there is not a spot, wait for a spot to open, then kill them to move them over.

Move: Wait for player to die, then call fmove functionality.

Please let me know where the problem comes in and i'll fix it.

Quick question, if I were to disable certain commands, like "kickall" (Not a good idea to have this enabled in case it goes by accident :biggrin:), would I just leave the command box empty for that one?