Advanced In-Game Admin and Ban Enforcer - AdKats

Message added by Prophet731,

If you've been banned from a server then you will need to appeal the ban with the owners/community of that server. We do not control any bans done on servers that utilize AdKats as all bans are local to that server.

• Plugin Developer

Originally Posted by ColColonCleaner*:

I agree, which is why we were trying to use PB bans but they tend not to work very well once you get a lot in there, also not the nicest to manage.

I stream to metabans atm, really only for the sake of it, I don't subscribe to anyone else so I don't really care personally :ohmy:

Having a nice admin interface that people can use through a browser is far more important to us.

Yes, we post there as well, and a lot of people follow our bans. We're working on it. Remember, we're not just making this for you guys, we are relying on it as well. Every admin at ADK is waiting just like you are at the moment. WebAdmin comes before this enhancement, by a long shot.

Originally Posted by feeblemedic*:

thanks for all the work on this plugin, just got it up and running the other day to test it out in the hopes of using this throughout bf4 due to limitations of metabans atm. One issue we noted, and it may already be addressed or user error, but when we attempt to execute a mute on an admin (testing) it caused a brief connection loss to procon layer.

* Restored post. It could be that the author is no longer active.
  • Plugin Developer

thanks for all the work on this plugin, just got it up and running the other day to test it out in the hopes of using this throughout bf4 due to limitations of metabans atm. One issue we noted, and it may already be addressed or user error, but when we attempt to execute a mute on an admin (testing) it caused a brief connection loss to procon layer.

Thanks for the details on this, i will look into it. Others said it would sometimes break connection for a split second but didn't describe what they were doing when it happened. Could be a simple bug with mute as you aren't supposed to be able to mute other admins. Thanks. And by the way, if you notice the plugin disabling itself during layer restarts, use the fix link i posted a few messages back, its a quick fix until i get a full update out.
  • Plugin Developer

Manual banning via the WebAdmin just got completed (front end anyway) and is getting pushed to testing. To put it in perspective for the guys waiting on this, just the display page for a player's overall info is 1500 lines of code as of today. This thing is built to be a beast, but in turn a lot of work to create. Patience :smile:

• Administrators

Originally Posted by Prophet731*:

Well sadly I couldn't get much done to get it ready by the end of the week, however, I will be starting to transition the dev builds over to production as me and Colon need to get it mostly finished to where you guys can use it. I am currently already pushing what we have over to my community's site. When this is done I will preparing the application for you guys to download. I will be focusing on working on it for this 4 day weekend.

Also a notice to you guys, although AdKats is open source the web admin is not. The web application is free to use (obviously) but you are not allowed to modify the source files/take functions and redistribute it under your name. Only official downloads will be at our download section. If you have any questions about this feel free to PM me them here and I will try to answer them to the best of my abilities.

Although its not all pushed up, I will post a link to where you can check it out yourself. You will only be able to view public pages or information. Only two pages are up (working on the player search tomorrow) and they are the Homepage (Dashboard) and the Live Scoreboard. Those 3 pages are only viewable by guests. The other pages are only available to admins.

You can view the partial live version here

Don't mind the video on the front page, I just put it there as I felt it needed some BF4 love. :smile:

The developer of the Battlefield Admin Control Panel (BFACP)

For BFACP support please post in the BFACP topic linked above.

Do not contact me via PM on the forums for help with procon. Please make a topic for it. Only PM's I will accept will revolve around any website issues.

spacer.png

• Plugin Developer

adcat not working any more, i get this message when @kick name reson :-

Invalid PreMessage ID, valid PreMessage IDs are 1-2

how do i fix this

You probably changed the setting "Require Use of Pre-Messages" to true. Change that back to false and you're good :smile:

Originally Posted by Jasonpb*:

Well sadly I couldn't get much done to get it ready by the end of the week, however, I will be starting to transition the dev builds over to production as me and Colon need to get it mostly finished to where you guys can use it. I am currently already pushing what we have over to my community's site. When this is done I will preparing the application for you guys to download. I will be focusing on working on it for this 4 day weekend.

Also a notice to you guys, although AdKats is open source the web admin is not. The web application is free to use (obviously) but you are not allowed to modify the source files/take functions and redistribute it under your name. Only official downloads will be at our download section. If you have any questions about this feel free to PM me them here and I will try to answer them to the best of my abilities.

Although its not all pushed up, I will post a link to where you can check it out yourself. You will only be able to view public pages or information. Only two pages are up (working on the player search tomorrow) and they are the Homepage (Dashboard) and the Live Scoreboard. Those 3 pages are only viewable by guests. The other pages are only available to admins.

You can view the partial live version here

Don't mind the video on the front page, I just put it there as I felt it needed some BF4 love. :smile:

Perhaps offer a "paid version" were you can modify it and at least remove your clan name from the front page, it does look rather awesome and I wouldn't be interested in redistributing it especially not under our name as it's your work.
  • Administrators

Perhaps offer a "paid version" were you can modify it and at least remove your clan name from the front page, it does look rather awesome and I wouldn't be interested in redistributing it especially not under our name as it's your work.

Sadly we can't do a "paid version" as the theme we use doesn't allow us to put a price on it regardless if its not doing any major changes to the actual theme. The licence for us to do that is $900.

I know most people won't try to "re-brand" it under there name but thats just there just as a protection for us.

The ADK stuff is only there on the sidebar and no where else really. I may change that up later but I doubt it. That will also most likely be pushed down by the admin report feed that it will have (around 10-20 reports).

Do not contact me via PM on the forums for help with procon. Please make a topic for it. Only PM's I will accept will revolve around any website issues.

spacer.png

I am not sure if you've patched this in your own version yet but when using this plugin with multibalancer and using @move or @fmove it conflicts with that plugins settings and moves the user back/forth a few times killing them each time.

• Plugin Developer

I am not sure if you've patched this in your own version yet but when using this plugin with multibalancer and using @move or @fmove it conflicts with that plugins settings and moves the user back/forth a few times killing them each time.

The only current problem ive found with fmove and move is the queuing system, it sometimes thinks a team is full when it's not, so it waits a long time to actually perform the move. This queuing system will either be fixed or removed in the next patch.

As for conflicts, i believe the multibalancer detects and honors admin moves, and will not move the player back. If it doesn't detect that an admin did it, it might think the player did it. But, AdKats only moves once per command entry, it does not keep calling the command if it cant move the player, so something else must be happening.

Originally Posted by SnotGoblin*:

I run Multibalancer and Adkats, and have not struck this issues yet.

It is more of a case of your admins using the correct commands for moving themselves ie. @moveme as opposed to @fmove yadda yadda

Admins on servers running Multibalancer should not be using the Fmove command frequently on players anyway,

as it kind of defeats the purpose of the Balance plugin.

All my admins move themselves only using @moveme without any issues.

The only time players are Fmoved by admins is if the player is swapped by Multibalancer, and wants to go back to the team his friends are on.

If you have a lot of admins with access to the fmove command, and they use it frequently on players, then it will defeat the purpose of running Multibalancer.

Let Multi do its job, and try to avoid your admins using Fmove to balance the teams :smile:

If the scramble is set correctly, and unstacker is set correctly, you should not need to fmove players imho.

The only current problem ive found with fmove and move is the queuing system, it sometimes thinks a team is full when it's not, so it waits a long time to actually perform the move. This queuing system will either be fixed or removed in the next patch.

As for conflicts, i believe the multibalancer detects and honors admin moves, and will not move the player back. If it doesn't detect that an admin did it, it might think the player did it. But, AdKats only moves once per command entry, it does not keep calling the command if it cant move the player, so something else must be happening.

That would have been the other issue I reported :ohmy:

We don't run any other admin based plugins or balancer tools and for the vast majority of the time it works, eventually. However it's rarely used and in this instance as I had debugging on the multibalancer tool was forcing the user back to the side they came from.

The command was only issued once, they were killed and moved (eventually) the multibalancer plugin then moved them back, rinse and repeat twice more. I will try and replicate it, it was on a fairly full server there were only two slots free at the time on the team he was being moved to.

Snotgobblin, thanks for the admin tips, I appreciate that GC is fairly new so here's some advice from me, stop duplicating peoples servers/rotations and names, be a little creative and come up with your own name and rotation. I'm sure if you're as good as you say you should have no problem filling your instances without attracting users by fooling them into thinking they are run by someone else.

Originally Posted by SnotGoblin*:

I appreciate that GC is fairly new so here's some advice from me, stop duplicating peoples servers/rotations and names, be a little creative and come up with your own name and rotation. I'm sure if you're as good as you say you should have no problem filling your instances without attracting users by fooling them into thinking they are run by someone else.

lol @ this....

GC have been around since W:ET, fairly new_?

GC run 4 of the top 20 servers in AU/NZ region.... We dont need to copy anyone thanks :ohmy:

No other servers run our map rotations in the AU region....

And no, you dont have ownership of Metro 24/7 servers,

Theyre a dime a dozen.... Ours is configured differently to any other in the region....

Sounds like a serious case of server envy....

All I did was try to help and get a waaaaah back.... Sad really.... Considering i have no idea who you are, or what servers you run... lol

All our servers start with [GC] in the title, so dont see how that could fool anyone else into thinking they were another server? Seriously.... lol

Originally Posted by Evi1_0ne*:

Hello

I got VPS and got root access. Problem is I cant enable the mysql port on a specific IP.

Do I require more than one IP to allow, and what parameters should I be using for iptables?

This plugin installed on a VPS layer causes procon to do a constant restart loop. I keep getting this error:

http://gyazo.com/056006c404759be9848d342c6d036c41

My database is not hosted locally. Any ideas?

• Administrators

This plugin installed on a VPS layer causes procon to do a constant restart loop. I keep getting this error:

http://gyazo.com/056006c404759be9848d342c6d036c41

My database is not hosted locally. Any ideas?

Are you running on linux with mono? If so, there is a problem with AdKats working in linux. We don't know why. I tried running it on my VPS and it causes that same error. Colon and I will look more into it a little bit later.

spacer.png

Originally Posted by Evi1_0ne*:

Are you running on linux with mono? If so, there is a problem with AdKats working in linux. We don't know why. I tried running it on my VPS and it causes that same error. Colon and I will look more into it a little bit later.

Yup, running under mono.

Originally Posted by Hutchew*:

Hey guys, any progress?

Having to do all our unbans in the sql DB is overwhelming; I don't want just anybody dinking around in there.

Anything we can do to help expedite or torture test?

Everything else seems to be running mostly great; do have one server that shuts adkats off randomly, troubleshooting that now.

Thanks!

Hutchew

• Administrators

Still some pages that need to be done but those can be added in next versions. I still need to create the server settings page where you will enable what servers should the web admin use and where you would set the rcon password for each server so you could use the live scoreboard and the admin commands. I should have it ready to go by Saturday or Sunday.

spacer.png

• Plugin Developer

AdKats 0.3.0.2 Released!

This update is required for WebAdmin to function when it comes out.

Changes

• Bug-fixes/Enhancements. Documented bugs in the issues section (milestone 0.3.0.2) are fixed.
  • Interface Updated for WebAdmin usage.
  • Teamswap Queues Removed Temporarily. Until the queuing problem can be fixed, queues for teamswap have been removed. All moves, force-moves, and self-moves will be called directly.
  • Import from BF3 Ban Manager Added. When AdKats Ban Enforcer is enabled, a check for BF3 Ban Manager tables is performed. All bans managed through BF3 Ban Manager will be automatically imported into AdKats.
  • Plugin Developer

Thanks for the update! The old bug where a layer restart leads to Adkats being disabled seems to be back for this version.

In this last version i posted? Nothing was changed regarding that bug in this post, the fix is the same as before. Anomaly maybe? Will perform more testing on our own layers, let me know what develops.

Originally Posted by Hutchew*:

Still some pages that need to be done but those can be added in next versions. I still need to create the server settings page where you will enable what servers should the web admin use and where you would set the rcon password for each server so you could use the live scoreboard and the admin commands. I should have it ready to go by Saturday or Sunday.

Awesome, thanks for the updates. Donation sent to prod you on a bit.

Will you be setting up a separate page on github for webadmin "issues"?

Hutchew

Originally Posted by dyn*:

Ban manager import added? Think I'm in love! That was one area I was really NOT looking forward to: manually transferring all bans over. Since Hutchew sent a pre-webpage donation to prod, I will send another donation post-webpage release. There are 2 main developers working on this, eh? How about if we just make it another copy of BF4_? I'm sure everyone wants y'all to continue developing for BF4...

• Administrators

Awesome, thanks for the updates. Donation sent to prod you on a bit.

Will you be setting up a separate page on github for webadmin "issues"?

Hutchew

Yes, once it's officially released I will be moving my support for it over to here. As I don't need to hijack the AdKats thread anymore :biggrin:.

Ban manager import added? Think I'm in love! That was one area I was really NOT looking forward to: manually transferring all bans over. Since Hutchew sent a pre-webpage donation to prod, I will send another donation post-webpage release. There are 2 main developers working on this, eh? How about if we just make it another copy of BF4_? I'm sure everyone wants y'all to continue developing for BF4...

Yes only two developers working on this. Hutchew got a copy of it as I needed testing on someone elses webserver. I've already found a few problems that I need to address that I never caught using our webserver. One thing is for sure, if your using Windows IIS as your web server expect a few hiccups that may happen. I've never tested on it and good god it gave me a headache. I personally already have BF4, the $70 one. :smile:

spacer.png

• Plugin Developer

Keep me posted on the ban import :smile: